Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie (45128 Views)

Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / Ibukun Awosika Celebrates 58th Birthday & 30th Wedding Anniversary / Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Islie: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
The Chairman of First Bank, Dr Ibukun Awosika, is set to appear on the soon to be released movie, Citation, by Nigerian actor and movie director, Kunle Afolayan.

The Punch gathered that the movie tackles the ordeals faced by female students in Nigerian Universities and it aims at propelling women to become great leaders.

Dr Awosika plays the role of the university faculty dean, heading the senate hearing panel of a female postgraduate student (Moremi), played by Temi Otedola, who has been a victim of sexual harassment.

Citation also features the likes of Jimmy Jean Louis, Sadiq Daba, and Gabriel Afolayan and was shot in Obafemi Awolowo University and in three countries.

Relishing the experience in the casting of her debut in the acting world, Awosika, on her official Instagram account said, “It is not in all situations, that we get a chance to do more than talk, about an issue that we are passionate about. The challenges that the female gender faces in her pursuit to be her best is multidimensional. When great institutions all come together, with an award-winning producer to take on a global issue, it seemed like a good risk worth taking as well as a great adventure into a field I had never experienced.

“Real respect for the players of the field. Don’t judge a man’s job until you have walked in his shoes. Nigeria is truly blessed to have so many great professionals. The potential for the sector to create jobs and add to economic growth is without question.

“I enjoyed the experience and I thank all those who made it fun for me! Wakanda forever! CITATION is a definite must-see!!”

PUNCH

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Whitecoal711: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
The woman is going after her calling
probably parents pressure
Forced into banking
Do what makes you happy
don't allow anyone, anything or say obstruct your happiness,but please it should be legitimate and legal,
but happiness in Christ is the ultimate, am a testimony
aside the love ,passion and joy I don't think anything lured her into acting if not the happiness she derived and the passion for acting.
i don't think it's for the money

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Lamasta(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
A great woman of substance lets see what you have to offer us in the movie world

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Lamasta(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whitecoal711:
The man is going After his calling
She is a woman

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Faithfullnes: 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Beautiful
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
cheesy
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by dingbang(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
A Phenomenal Woman....

Her story is just enough to make young ladies have a re-think that they can succeed without any financial assistance.

P.S: Uyaiincomparabl and pocohantas, I hope you do learn from her story, it is not to be playing on nairaland upandan. I have said my own . grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by obojememe: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
if u jamm these people anywhere abeg holla

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Sosorrymods(f): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
I guess it never occurred to you that she is merely doing it for impact and social re orientation, not for money.. how much does kunle afolayan have to pay her that would mean anything to her?

I am certain she is doing this for free..

8 Likes

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by gambia(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
I hope the movie will make meaningful sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by tropaz(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kunle Afolayan with the sauce. That Aremu guy na choko master. The guy go dey smoke burial ground weed sometimes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by tropaz(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whitecoal711:

Even if you can't read, can't you see the picture up there is that of a woman? You deserve some brain resetting slaps..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by martineverest(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
nice...it's high time these women encouraged our young ladies to work hard,rather than going into 'e-prostitution' via social media

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by GboyegaD(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
When isnthe release date of the movie?
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by OlawaleBammie: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Everytym woman woman woman woman woman woman like say Na we kobalize them..

Ptcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by espn(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Okay...
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Primusinterpares(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
interesting
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by brightalo1010: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whitecoal711:
Village people dey do meeting for you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by nickvanilla(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
This woman is already registering her name as one of the greatest women leaders to be born in this nation.

She's a magnet. No wonder many big shirts want her involved in projects.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Hades2016(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
I go like meet this beautiful woman oooo chaiii

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by pretydiva(f): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Diversification grin
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by EleventhWeirdo: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whitecoal711:
The woman was protesting alleged societal marginalization of women and your comment verified her fears.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by martineverest(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
gambia:
I hope the movie will make meaningful sense.
did u read the article?

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Kehinderichard(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
You guys need to see "God Calling" a movie produced by Ibukun Awosika

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by megamank(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Whitecoal711:
The rush for FTC made u not to even have a clue of who they are talking about before u rush to comment...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
I am proud to be of the great tribe called Yoruba...

Our sons and daughters are talented in every sector.....

God bless Awosika

God bless Afolayan

God bless yorubas

God bless Omo kaaro o jire...

The tribe that dominate Drama, music, industry even in diaspora, we dominate all sectors from boxing, football, movies, songs and so on..

One yoruba son is giving shoprite a run for their money again.. We don't shout to the media to gain sympathy.... We simply follow the right step.

One again, God bless Omo Karo o jire...

Every yorubas should click on like cool

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Jimbadly: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
The money she makes from First Bank is not enough for her, now she wants money from acting.

I'm tempted to call her a greedy old hag, but I won't.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Femi Otedola And Bola Tinubu In 2005: Throwback Photo / Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.