Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,851 members, 7,831,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie (45149 Views)

Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / Ibukun Awosika Celebrates 58th Birthday & 30th Wedding Anniversary / Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by pocohantas(f): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Those were well informed conclusions based on the following premises:

1) I knew the moniker long before now. He is a young man.
2) Kunle has been in the industry for long so he was clearly not referring to him.

Besides, my comment wasn't just about assumptions; we all assume. I was rather pointing out the significance of that particular assumption he made. Thinking the CEO was a man just because of the elevated position goes to show that regardless of how we try play the ostrich, it is apparent that the African society hasn't been fair in terms of gender equality.

You are actually correct. The first poster couldn’t have been referring to Kunle, Kunle has been there. He assumed it is a man because he saw “Chairman” and that should be a position for men.

2 Likes

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by jornwhite: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
pocohantas:

There is no need for famzing, that is Ibukun and above is Christine Lagarde. Spend less time trolling...you no go dey reason small things as famzing. grin

what differences does it make following people on platforns you rarely use/visite, we know ur life centres around NL wink grin
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by sonofElElyon: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2020

Whitecoal711:
The man is going After his calling
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by WoundedLamb: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
Asiseeit:

You just made 2 assumptions yourself.

1. That Whitecoal is a guy.

2. His comment was directed at Dr. Awosika while he may well have been referring to Kunle Afolayan

Those were well informed conclusions based on the following premises:

1) I knew the moniker long before now. He is a young man.
2) Kunle has been in the industry for long so he was clearly not referring to him.

Besides, my comment wasn't just about assumptions; we all assume. I was rather pointing out the significance of that particular assumption he made. Thinking the CEO was a man just because of the elevated position goes to show that regardless of how we try play the ostrich, it is apparent that the African society hasn't been fair in terms of gender equality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by dingbang(m): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Okay? undecided
ishi coconut.. Just say ok and agree cheesy
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by jornwhite: 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
pocohantas:

There is no need for famzing, that is Ibukun and above is Christine Lagarde. Spend less time trolling...you no go dey reason small things as famzing. grin

Just like your life centers around trolling me. E pain am! E think say I be im babe wey dey follow Princess Shyngle grin. Mr “I am born to win”

If you are born to lose kindly fill a form, i knw few pastors in MFM. a friend is around no time to waste by the way i kept my promise wink
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by sonofElElyon: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
I guess it never occurred to you that she is merely doing it for impact and social re orientation, not for money.. how much does kunle afolayan have to pay her that would mean anything to her?

I am certain she is doing this for free..

Jimbadly:
The money she makes from First Bank is not enough for her, now she wants money from acting.

I'm tempted to call her a greedy old hag, but I won't.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
dingbang:
ishi coconut.. Just say ok and agree cheesy

Poco said all I had wanted to say. I have nothing else to add.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Hades2016(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2020
TimeManager:

Hell awaits you

kiss the truth!
will meet you there bro grin cool
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by PropertyBuying(f): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2020
That's great... It's a wonderful development.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by obojememe: 12:42am On Sep 01, 2020
timibare:
weytin happen
e get why
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Fairview1: 1:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Ibukun is simply amazing!!!! I can't wait to wait him inspire people the more.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by TheArrowhead(m): 3:17am On Sep 01, 2020
Laudable!! Another feather added. Another CV point!!
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by LZAA: 4:11am On Sep 01, 2020
Pimpmaride:
I am proud to be of the great tribe called Yoruba...

Our sons and daughters are talented in every sector.....

God bless Awosika

God bless Afolayan

God bless yorubas

God bless Omo kaaro o jire...

The tribe that dominate Drama, music, industry even in diaspora, we dominate all sectors from boxing, football, movies, songs and so on..

One yoruba son is giving shoprite a run for their money again.. We don't shout to the media to gain sympathy.... We simply follow the right step.

One again, God bless Omo Karo o jire...

Every yorubas should click on like cool

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Goodman247: 4:34am On Sep 01, 2020
Pimpmaride:

God bless Awosika

God bless Afolayan

God bless yorubas

The tribe that dominate Drama, music, industry even in diaspora, we dominate all sectors from boxing, football, movies, songs and so on..

One yoruba son is giving shoprite a run for their money again.. We don't shout to the media to gain sympathy.... We simply follow the right step.

every tribe has the good, the bad and the ugly,
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by youngdabold19: 5:42am On Sep 01, 2020
Pimpmaride:

God bless Awosika

God bless Afolayan

God bless yorubas

I am neither a racist nor an ethnicist and I wont like to be having this arguement with you but did you just include football?

Men I no sure say you even fit mention super eagles first 11,Last time I checked na one warri guy be the most expensive Nigerian player,No yoruba player don win serie A,La Liga,Ligue 1,Epl abi champions league or Europa sef.
Abeg go siddon somewhere.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Kehinderichard(m): 5:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Danniedpastor:

I've seen that movie
Is she the one that played the lead role?

Nope. That was Tawa in October 1. Mrs Awosika only produced it.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Bellotelli: 6:40am On Sep 01, 2020
Useless.. You people in the film industry cannot pressure the govt to ease the lockdown in this sector. Let me see which cinema will showcase the movie
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by madjune(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2020
Wetin come concern wakanda forever with her acting?
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2020
I'd love to see her and Temi in this movie.

Afolayan always pushing the limits. Well done bro.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Topshow2010(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2020
Whitecoal711:
The woman is going after her calling
probably parents pressure
Forced into banking
Do what makes you happy
don't allow anyone, anything or say obstruct your happiness,but please it should be legitimate and legal,
but happiness in Christ is the ultimate, am a testimony

Hmmm the great seer ,did she regret her banking career?.She is a fulfilled professional bank,being d chairman of one of d foremost bank no be moi moi
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by sonyad: 7:59am On Sep 01, 2020
Whitecoal711:
Forced into banking
Do what makes you happy
don't allow anyone, anything or say obstruct your happiness,but please it should be legitimate and legal,

Dr Awosika was a big time entrepreneur before joining the board of Firstbank so it possibly couldn't be her parents
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Asiseeit: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2020
Yankee101:

Nah, from the article it's her contribution to a cause (sex for marks in universities) she cares about and has been pushing for in the past

I can guarantee she didn't accept a payment for herself

Her contribution is her CSR

I said what I said because other actors have pushed similar messages in past (some YORUBA movies) which wasn't considered CSR. Eedris Abdul Kareem's Mr. Lecturer, for instance passed similar message but wasn't regarded as CSR, or was it.

However sha, looking at it from the perspective of the bolded quote, it makes sense as CSR sha. Being whom she is, her passing the message will carry weight - especially when you consider she didn't do it for the money at all.

Yeah, I can totally see her (picturing it in my mind) refusing monetary payment , (though I won't go as far as saying I guarantee she refused.) Perhaps her earnings used for a charitable cause, like women empowerment? That sef nah another CSR abi wink

1 Like

Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Gibz02: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2020
Woman of substance.
Am always inspired by her ministrations.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by lailo: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2020
her debut and final
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Solsix(m): 9:09am On Sep 01, 2020
Whitecoal711:
Forced into banking
Do what makes you happy
I wish my parents forced into something that will have made me a billionire
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by sCross: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
Whitecoal711:
Forced into banking
Do what makes you happy

This isn't true about her foray into banking. Next time do a basic research before insinuating or speculating how people got to where they are.
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Lamasta(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
johnson8213:
The person was right. The comment was referring to Kunle Afolayan
Ok no probs
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Lamasta(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Prettyvita:

I believe he meant the director. smiley
Ok no wahala thought he was referring to Dr Ibukun Awosika
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Danniedpastor(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kehinderichard:

Nope. That was Tawa in October 1. Mrs Awosika only produced it.
. Ok, thanks
Re: 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie by Clothingonline9(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
Movies to watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Loan Website That Can Provide 50 - 100K Without Collateral / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Femi Otedola And Bola Tinubu In 2005: Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.