Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians (23128 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Elsueno: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2020
Kinematics:
Foreigners dominating our territorial waters have been an issue no one is talking about. Even Nimasa is a dead organisation.

This nonsense need to stop. Imagine one cant use a Nigerian paper to work on a foreign vessel operating in Nigeria waters, yet they foreigners can use theirs and operate freely in Nigeria.

what do you expect, that nimasa employs incompetent hands due to connection most of the time. The people either paid millions of naira for the job or got in through connection. not like they merited it. So expect incompetence, greed and corruption on supremely high levels
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by SWORD419(m): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2020
U hardly expatriates taking over jobs in the north grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Kinematics: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
fashrola:
Our own Nigerians is our real problem..... For real

Imagine looking for foreigner crane operator onboard

This sector is messed up!!!

Very messed up.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:
As a business man / woman, you are supposed to employ the best hands for your business. If there were no capable Nigerian hands, won't you seek alternative hands abroad?
Keep deceiving yourself . from the report you are told that 40 million Nigerians are qualified for employment. 14. Nigerians is utilize the others aren't.
With the quantity of the qualified are still facing racism, underpaid, treated poorly.
I will ignore and assume you didn't read the report. You're a Second class citizen in everything.
Do you know how many Nigerians who gain quality skills from advanced countries who are qualified in that field, you think people are idle in Nigeria.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by planetx: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2020
$6,000 a month, those one's will never want to go back to that Russian shithole.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by dvkot(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2020
Kinematics:

Theres no problem in bringing expat. However its normal that before you bring in an expat for a particular job, you've searched within your locality and cant get anyone that can do same job.

aren't there Indians doctors in usa? Or Nigerian nurses in uk? isnt there several Nigerian labourers in usa? Does that mean all the Americans can't do the job the Nigerian guy is doing, didn't you hear when south africans were accusing Nigerian of stealing their jobs? Isn't that what started the xenophobic attack?
What exactly is your problem bros?
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by PlayerMeji: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2020
Have you seen a revolution that does not leave such so and so in its wake? Looting, stealing, destruction etc?

I am pained to read you defend Nigeria's leadership and begin to point light at the defective society while deliberately forgetting that the society is a product of its leadership...

Just look on.. Nigerians will surprise you sooner than later when we would begin to hold every politician accountable for their roles in the Nigerian project.

The time is near.

MusaChukwudi:

Revolt against who? Against yourselves?

Why do you always attribute Nigeria’s problems to leadership? What about the defectiveness on the part of the 200m citizens?

Where did your last revolt lead to? Looting, lawlessness, stealing, destruction etc etc. Nigerian people are the problem. The leaders come from us!
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by codemaniacs: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by wwwtortoise(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2020
dvkot:
what is the big deal in hiring foreign expert?

It becomes a huge deal when you can source for the same manpower/expertise locally.

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by banio: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2020
It's the fault of the Nigeria not foreigners. Common South Africa, all foreigners need a permit to work. And most times You will be paid in rands, then You go to the bank to convert it to dollars.

But in Nigeria, foreigners work without permit. They just come and start working and living large.

Imagine Oil Multinationals trying to enslave more Nigerians, contract staff everywhere. Yet the few staff still being told to be ready for sack.

In America, Canada, England and European countries how many contract operators do these Oil Multinationals have ?. These Oil Multinationals employ every year in these countries with functional systems. But in Nigerian operators are all contracts.

NIGERIANS WAKE UP
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by kjsixtynine: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2020
You are a total idiot sent from the pit of hell to debunk this thread.
9jayes:
OP can lie, my gf works inside this company

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by wwwtortoise(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2020
fashrola:

I tire.....tug boats where be say 5 of them fit sit comfortably for our ship deck and FG dey allow foreigners man such vessels for their pilotage contract.... It's a big shame

Do you think a country like South-Africa would allow any nationals handle their pilotage jobs talk less of employing foreigners on the government owned boats

Nigeria has a loooong way to go. Her poliTHIEFcians are shortsighted and greedy to sail the nation in the right direction.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by animides(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:
As a business man / woman, you are supposed to employ the best hands for your business. If there were no capable Nigerian hands, won't you seek alternative hands abroad?

Kindly go back and read the post again, before spewing this rubbish!
Is people like you that will enslaves his fellow countryman.

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Kinematics: 11:27am On Nov 13, 2020
dvkot:
aren't there Indians doctors in usa? Or Nigerian nurses in uk? isnt there several Nigerian labourers in usa? Does that mean all the Americans can't do the job the Nigerian guy is doing, didn't you hear when south africans were accusing Nigerian of stealing their jobs? Isn't that what started the xenophobic attack?

These are people that relocated to those places. They stay there. They make their money in those countries and spend a majority of it in those countries.

The foreigners aka expats working in Nigeria's maritime sector do not live in Nigeria.

They only come, make their money and leave without spending a dime in naija. Funny thing is they get it way easy and get better pay for same job done by a Nigerian in Nigeria.

The Indians and Nigerians you are talking about are they paid differently from what locals are being paid?

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by dvkot(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2020
wwwtortoise:

It becomes a huge deal when you can source for the same manpower/expertise locally.
what about when the local manpower is not as qualified and experience as the foreign
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
Who get time to read all this!! All I can say is that nizooria have failed woefully even to her citizens!! No better future for her youths!!
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by zedman1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Revolt against who? Against yourselves?

Why do you always attribute Nigeria’s problems to leadership? What about the defectiveness on the part of the 200m citizens?

Where did your last revolt lead to? Looting, lawlessness, stealing, destruction etc etc. Nigerian people are the problem. The leaders come from us!
Some of us know these things since 19abraham, but if you talk they will say you have been 'paid' by the leaders. Which leaders?The leaders can't be wrong if the masses are always right!
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by manikspears: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
9jayes:
OP can lie, my gf works inside this company

Elders are taking,okay.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by manikspears: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
dvkot:
what about when the local manpower is not as qualified and experience as the foreign

I know that company it is run by Israelis.most so called expatriate are not as qualified as the citizens and they under study Nigerians to learn.the amount spent on an expatriate who are not even working on the vessel per month can employ 10 graduate and I am not taking about paying each graduate 100k per month.

It is a bleeped up company.they are under L.C.M and have other sister companies as well.all within that same dockyard at papa, Lagos.

Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by manikspears: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
banio:
It's the fault of the Nigeria not foreigners. Common South Africa, all foreigners need a permit to work. And most times You will be paid in rands, then You go to the bank to convert it to dollars.

But in Nigeria, foreigners work without permit. They just come and start working and living large.

Imagine Oil Multinationals trying to enslave more Nigerians, contract staff everywhere. Yet the few staff still being told to be ready for sack.

In America, Canada, England and European countries how many contract operators do these Oil Multinationals have ?. These Oil Multinationals employ every year in these countries with functional systems. But in Nigerian operators are all contracts.

NIGERIANS WAKE UP

When we go there they enslave us,here in Nigeria they still enslave us.

Nigeria has stupid policy makers
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by eng01(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:
Mr man don't talk rubbish I also worked in d same yard as d company and I no d way de operate. d so called white don't do anytin onboard, de feed dem specially abi na d way dem de treat dem u won talk ni.
alaye no talk wetin u nono.

even the LTT no b d only culprit for d yard, make dem investigate LCM also for d dredger(Baltic sea).

2 Likes

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by MusaChukwudi: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
zedman1:
Some of us know these things since 19abraham, but if you talk they will say you have been 'paid' by the leaders. Which leaders? The leaders can't be wrong if the masses are always right!

I love the bolded, thank you!

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by MTAIYEM: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
after all the jobbing, we are still jobless!

One of the mariners.

pythagoras
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by meobizy(f): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
Those jobs are not easy. Trust me, many Nigerians will run from them.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
It's not new nah, all crewing agencies and shipping companies in Nigeria are guilty of this. They employ foreigners onboard our ships while Nigerians that struggle to get his certificates are walking the streets without jobs. I all the vessel Nigerians are the ones doing the jobs while the oyibos are forming boss on Nigerian flagged ships, the pay is very poor and all crewing agencies and shipping companies are the slave masters.they will employ a Nigerian captain and Philippinos captain of the same experience and educational background but, pay them differently, a Philippino will earn $12000-18000usd per month while the Nigerian captain will earn 1m naira to 1.5m naira a month on Nigerian flagged ship in Nigerian waters. This is not just captains alone it happens in all ranks onboard. Who are the people over seeing this evil in our waters?, They are Nigerians(it's Nigerian owned crewing agencies and shipping companies that is committing this evil) while getting backing indirectly from the bigger devil called NIMASA.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
meobizy:
Those jobs are not easy. Trust me, many Nigerians will run from them.
Run from what?, Nigerian seamen will not run from anything, we have many dangers in Nigerian waters but,many Nigerians are still attending Maritime school and spending their hard-earned money at the end of the day no job, the available ones will be giving to oyibo. My vex is that they are not even beta oyibo na Philippinos and Indians full our water while Nigerians are walking from one office to another begging for work that is below their qualifications... everyone that works at NIMASA should be killed, they sold nigerian waters to oyibo at the price of 3k USD.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
MTAIYEM:
after all the jobbing, we are still jobless!

One of the mariners.

pythagoras
Ahoy I sight u, I dey Jobless for over 6months now

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
eng01:

Mr man don't talk rubbish I also worked in d same yard as d company and I no d way de operate. d so called white don't do anytin onboard, de feed dem specially abi na d way dem de treat dem u won talk ni.
alaye no talk wetin u nono.

even the LTT no b d only culprit for d yard, make dem investigate LCM also for d dredger(Baltic sea).
all crewing companies in Nigeria and shipping companies in this country are quilt of the same thing LTT is doing, I don't blame I blame NIMASA that will take money from them and look the other way.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
By
dvkot:
everyone working onboard as a Nigerian in Nigerian waters is very qualified, NIMASA will make sure u attend and obtain all certificates needed to be a seaman and all must be IMO standard but, will allow crewing agencies to employ foreigners with questionable certificates.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by eng01(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
o42austino:
all crewing companies in Nigeria and shipping companies in this country are quilt of the same thing LTT is doing, I don't blame I blame NIMASA that will take money from them and look the other way.
yes o my broda, na nimasa de sell us for this country.
u go see white de collect beta money for the same work wee u de do(same rank o) while dem de give u peanut.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
dvkot:
Maritime doesn't work like other sectors, the sea in important to national security that does not mean we should not have foreigners in our ships but, they should not out number Nigerians. Nigerians that are qualified should have right to the jobs first. In Nigeria of today to to Lagos and PH and see Nigerians that has certificates from best Maritime schools in USA,UK, Ghana, Philippine, Canada walking from one crewing office or the other begging for jobs while they jobs has been taken and giving to an Indian or Philippinos for just 3kUSD .
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
Osnami:
all Nigerian Seafarers are very qualified, NIMASA makes sure we follow all IMO standard of training and certification. We reseat for our certificates every five years and we go for our seafarers medical every two years to make sure all Nigerian Seafarers are fit for sea life....the problem is corruption, they take money from this foreigners and sale the jobs to them. Most of them comes to our waters with unverifiable certificates but, NIMASA will not say a thing, abeg forget mata.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari / Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.