Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: (18846 Views)

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Ask A Somali / Dem Somali Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 1:24am On Apr 16, 2011
Lol yeh, kandiikane, it feels like I hated her even before I was born tongue.

Seriously it's been on and off (mostly ON) for a half-year now. Many times she has made peace advances, only to revert to her skanky ways. As 190 said, it's been quiet for like a week but heyy, I'm the go-to babe for kicking the jamo scum's arse so I need to do my duty even if it takes ANOTHER half-year!!! tongue
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 1:28am On Apr 16, 2011
Ah, I see. Why not squash the beef now for abit aye? smiley. Just ignore any comment for now and lets see where it goes smiley
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by fstranger5: 1:33am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^

Why cant Mzdarkshyyt leave, and head to www.jamoland.com?

We dont want her.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 1:35am On Apr 16, 2011
^^ I found out what "eyon" means

We Africans accept everybody alright. Are you not African?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 1:38am On Apr 16, 2011
Lol @ fstranger, "MzdarkSHYYYT grin. Gosh, u're KILLING her grin.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2011
Gosh this turned ugly. undecided
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Lady bella. Salan wanagsan Inadeero sua'al waan hayaa: Ma guursan lahayd nin Isaaq first and foremost or Darood?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
LOL

Bal aan kuu jawabe, why do you wanna know?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
Waa iska Sua'al inadeero waa caadi, laakiin ruunta ii sheeg walaal.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
Taas waan fahmay, lakiin what makes you ask? I'm curious.

And for the record (and not that it changes the fact that I'm not a qabilist) my fiance's Isaaq.  grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
LadyBella:

Taas waan fahmay, lakiin what makes you ask? I'm curious.

And for the record (and not that it changes the fact that I'm not a qabilist) my fiance's Isaaq.  grin

Alxamdulilah grin I'm not a qabilist too was just wondering because we are losing our Isaaq girls lately
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
I gotcha.

You're just like my bro.

And besides, there are rag isaaq ah who marry non isaaqs girls. But I guess that doesn't get the same affect from the masses as it does markeey inan isaaq ah marries a non isaaq. As the saying goes, naagu qabiil ma leh. lol. and at the end of the day ubadku waa isaaq, which then means more somaliland patriots, which would then lead to our recognintion, so maha ina adeer? lol

You can sleep now, thinking that one less isaaq girl is not stolen by cadhow.  tongue
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
Sax inadeero we are already independent we just need the recognition and need more Somaliland patriots haa, make sure your kids only know Somaliland. Please don't let them see calankee blueka, Alxamdulilah I've never touched that blue flag.

Laakiin hahaha, haa its true naag qabiil ma leh lol. Iyo waliba I am one of those guys because I always shukaansi xamari girls haha. Laakiin inshaAllah naag Isaaq waan guurso.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
was just wondering because we are losing our Isaaq girls lately

to who?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
The three major sub-clans of the Isaaq signed treaties with the British in the 1880s containing clauses obligating them to suppress slave-trafficking in their domains, pledging them and their successors not to cede or otherwise alienate any part of their lands except to the British, and allowing the British Government to appoint agents who would reside in the territories of the tribes. These groups were the Habr Awal, (dated 14 July 1884), the Habr Toljallo (dated 26 December 1884), and the Habr Garhadjis (13 January 1885).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaaq

where were the slaves trafficked to?

i'm guessing the middle east.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
tpiah!:

to who?

To other somalis I guess. Don't listen to him, the man is messed up.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
@Somali Land: It doesn't matter who marries who, at the end of the day, the kids will look Somali. Lol Just to let you know my mom is isaaq, she married an Ogaden, my uncle married and issaq, and my friend who is issag is marrying an MJ. But that doesn't bother me because at first I am a muslim, so I try my hardest to not discriminate, and then I am somali, so It doesn't matter if they are issaq, mj, OG, Madhibaan, at the end of they we speak the same language, eat the same food, and look alike. Walall maskaxda yaa kaa cunay? Please ii jawaab.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
tpiah!:

to who?

It's Somalis marrying Somalis thing, except with clan variation.

african1:

@Somali Land: It doesn't matter who marries who, at the end of the day, the kids will look Somali. Lol Just to let you know my mom is isaaq, she married an Ogaden, my uncle married and issaq, and my friend who is issag is marrying an MJ. But that doesn't bother me because at first I am a muslim, so I try my hardest to not discriminate, and then I am somali, so It doesn't matter if they are issaq, mj, OG, Madhibaan, at the end of they we speak the same language, eat the same food, and look alike. Walall maskaxda yaa kaa cunay? Please ii jawaab.

As much as I agree with you, africa, you can't deny the fact that we Somalis are intuitive of our qabiil and native land. Now don't get me wrong walaal, but at the end of the day your qabiil will lead you back to your kin and your tol, we are somali by name but our qabiil diversifies us to degrees that I'm incapable of explaining, and I'm sure you know what I mean. Post 1960's Somalis were only present in there tribal land and only interacted with there clan members, it's something that is programmed in our brain along with our nomadness, it's in our genes that were too proud to be any less. Our pride has got us in the state that we are in today, and now today were back to square one, everyone is fighting for there tribal land and social gain.

And in all honesty, 99,9 % of us Somalis think highly of our qabiil, our generation walaal. The youngest of the Somalis in the diaspora are infected.

I agree with you on that part, that ALL clans intermarry. My mom is dhulbahante and her mother was Ogaden, and her mom was MJ. and My father is Isaaq, his mother is marexaan. I can swear I have every major clan running through my veins lol. But it still doesn't change the fact that most of us think highly of our qabiil through our father.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
@ Lady bella: Abayo, I am not against knowing your qabil, I am against being obsessed with qabil. I am a proud girl of the Ogaden tribe, but I don't go around telling people that I am not somali, Which is ironic because the last five generations of my dad's family was born in Ethiopia, and not in somalia. But I am still Somali, and proud of it. It upsets me when people look down other qabils, and they think their better than them or what not. I don't know mind people knowing where they came from, but it does bother me when you don't think of anything besides qabil.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
Yeah walaalo. I believe we can agree on the fact that this qabiil mentality has gotten the best out of all of us, wallahi there are times that I think that ilahey baa inaga goynayaa, we shouldn't value qabiil more then our deen. But Insha'allah kheyr.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
LadyBella:

Yeah walaalo. I believe we can agree on the fact that this qabiil mentality has gotten the best out of all of us, wallahi there are times that I think that ilahey baa inaga goynayaa, we shouldn't value qabiil more then our deen. But Insha'allah kheyr.

Inshallah habibty
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2011
tpiah!:

where were the slaves trafficked to? i'm guessing the middle east.

Its from a very very very very long time ago, a place called Berbera and Zeila had a slave port. Basically we conquered Ethiopia many times, one specific time we conquered them and took over there entire country a great militant emperor did it. He then began to enslave the Habashi people and we used them as slaves, then Arabia needed slaves and we had good ties with them through trade and through our strong army. Our relationship was based on mutual respect, as well as religious ties with us being the among the two strongest Islamic dynasties in the world at that ancient time. Anyway they needed slaves, so we used to send them these ethiopian slaves and they were treated quite badly obviously, we only had these slaves for purposes of showing we were stronger then the Ethiopians as we were great enemies but Arabia just wanted slaves so it was mostly sending them out of these ports rather then us using them for slaves. This enlarged into us storing slaves from Kenya and Mozambique in our ports to send them to Arabia and was a business-trade we used.

Looking back not the best moment in our history and some say we were cursed for this and is why we are in anarchy as this is a wrong business venture.

So thats it really tpiah, good question mate I hope I answered it sufficiently.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
african1:

Haye your mum is Isaaq too ku soo dhawoow inabti. Actually Xamari don't eat the same food as me, Raxaweyne don't speak the same language as me, I don't understand af jini or whatever that other language was called. xamar cad cad iyo jareerweyne iyo Barvanese don't look like me. Iyo af woogyi waan hadlaa, dialect is different I speak maxa tiri not maxa thiri grin

But I see what you mean inabti, my sister in law is Ogaden and ayeeyo Dir.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 17, 2011
Somaliland:

Its from a very very very very long time ago, a place called Berbera and Zeila had a slave port. Basically we conquered Ethiopia many times, one specific time we conquered them and took over there entire country a great militant emperor did it. He then began to enslave the Habashi people and we used them as slaves, then Arabia needed slaves and we had good ties with them through trade and through our strong army. Our relationship was based on mutual respect, as well as religious ties with us being the among the two strongest Islamic dynasties in the world at that ancient time. Anyway they needed slaves, so we used to send them these ethiopian slaves and they were treated quite badly obviously, we only had these slaves for purposes of showing we were stronger then the Ethiopians as we were great enemies but Arabia just wanted slaves so it was mostly sending them out of these ports rather then us using them for slaves. This enlarged into us storing slaves from Kenya and Mozambique in our ports to send them to Arabia and was a business-trade we used.

Looking back not the best moment in our history and some say we were cursed for this and is why we are in anarchy as this is a wrong business venture.

thanks, i didnt know that.

i thought most of the slaves shipped to the middle east were originally from the kenya region.

zanj, etc.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 4:11am On Apr 17, 2011
Somaliland:

Haye your mum is Isaaq too ku soo dhawoow inabti. Actually Xamari don't eat the same food as me, Raxaweyne don't speak the same language as me, I don't understand af jini or whatever that other language was called. xamar cad cad iyo jareerweyne iyo Barvanese don't look like me. Iyo af woogyi waan hadlaa, dialect is different I speak maxa tiri not maxa thiri  grin

But I see what you mean inabti, my sister in law is Ogaden and ayeeyo Dir.   

well all the Somalis I met and I were similar. We all spoke Somali, and ate baris iyo basto with bananas, you know somali style, And canjeera or laxoox which ever you call it for breakfast, my point is I have never met a somali person that was different than I was. I understood them all too, except for Somali bantus, Their language is kind of hard
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by LadyBella(f): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2011
LOL somali bantus version of somali is crack up, real talk. It just goes to show how our language can't be spoken as fluently as an ethnic.

Somaliland, I've never met an ETHNIC somali that speaks anything other than af soomaali in its purest form, except with different dialects, are you referring to bantus and elays?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
Somaliland:

Hmmn somebody should do a movie about this, looks like a potentially great box-office hit grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Thor(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
Maybe he came to steal some ships grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
The Guardian Newspaper (Nigerian) on Tuesday April 12 2011, back cover page story, excerpts:

AU Leaders to end Somalia's crisis

-----Somalia has not known peace since the removal of President Siad Barre in 1991 and two decades after the departure of Barre
from power, the crisis has evolved from civil war characterised by clanism and war-lordism to a crisis that today involves transnational
crimes, human trafficking, piracy, extremism and international terrorism actively supported by Al-Qaeda through Al-Shabaab and
Hizbul Islam.

"Several efforts, including the signing of 13 peace agreements, facilitated by various bodies including the UN, AU and the
International Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) to re-establish peace, law and order in Somalia have failed

"During the past two years, the media has been operating under fear, corruption and distorted competitiveness. Many
journalists have been killed for not being on the side of Al-Shabaab- - - - --"

from Ifedayo Sayo, Mombasa Kenya.

Saw it somewhere and thought of you guys  tongue. Thus my earlier MISstatement about Somalia being war-torn - and of course my jibe about refugee camps and the AU was just a jibe. Anyways for the good-hearted ones and not the ones causing trouble kidnapping and killing and causing dissent, I wish u well  tongue tongue.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
ragdollz:

The Guardian Newspaper (Nigerian) on Tuesday April 12 2011, back cover page story, excerpts:

AU Leaders to end Somalia's crisis

-----Somalia has not known peace since the removal of President Siad Barre in 1991 and two decades after the departure of Barre
from power, the crisis has evolved from civil war characterised by clanism and war-lordism to a crisis that today involves transnational
crimes, human trafficking, piracy, extremism and international terrorism actively supported by Al-Qaeda through Al-Shabaab and
Hizbul Islam.

"Several efforts, including the signing of 13 peace agreements, facilitated by various bodies including the UN, AU and the
International Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) to re-establish peace, law and order in Somalia have failed

"During the past two years, the media has been operating under fear, corruption and distorted competitiveness. Many
journalists have been killed for not being on the side of Al-Shabaab- - - - --"

from Ifedayo Sayo, Mombasa Kenya.

Saw it somewhere and thought of you guys  tongue. Thus my earlier MISstatement about Somalia being war-torn - and of course my jibe about refugee camps and the AU was just a jibe. Anyways for the good-hearted ones and not the ones causing trouble kidnapping and killing and causing dissent, I wish u well  tongue tongue.

LOL you do realise the AU is the one causing the problems. They are the ones who bomb a civilian populated town every month saying there "protecting" the somali people. I don't blame them they are being paid 8 million dollars, I would stay pointless fights to get paid. If all of the AU left somalia, I guarantee we would have peace in 6 months.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by kandiikane(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
Flipping Gosh *yawns*
This thread is drier than the sahara desert
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by fstranger5: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

HEy Kandi, sup?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Translate "Na Wa O" In English / John Obot, Has Broken The Current 124 Hour World Records For The Longest Reading / The Illuminati Soul Selling Pact - Whitney Houston A Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.