Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,056 members, 7,832,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours (656 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Abia Under Excruciating Poverty – League Of Professionals / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Shukushaka: 7:55pm On May 11, 2021
JUST IN: UGM burn down INEC, NDLEA offices in Abia under 24 hours

The wanton attacks continue to question the capacity of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to protect lives and properties.

CHUKWUEMEKA AYOMIDE • MAY 11, 2021

The office of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Amaekpu Ohafia Local Government Area of Abia state has been set ablaze in what seems to be a sustained campaign against security agencies by unknown gunmen.

The fresh attack comes barely 24 hours after an attack on the INEC office in the same local government area.

DailyTrust reports that the state NDLEA commandant, Akingbade Bamidele, said no casualty was recorded during the attack that occurred in the early hours of Tuesday.

The recurring pattern of attacks on government facilities in the South-South and South-East region have continued to raise concern on the general safety of citizens who may be caught in the crossfire between the attackers and the security operatives.

The wanton attacks continue to question the capacity of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to protect lives and properties in the region and the country at large.

Governors of the southern states met in Asaba, Delta State on Monday to deliberate on the worsening security situation plaguing the region. The gathering rose to demand that Mr Buhari address the nation on the challenges among other resolutions.

Peoples Gazette had last week reported how the INEC office in Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State was also set on fire.

In April, The Gazette reported an attack on Imo governor Hope Uzodinma’s country home in Omuma, Oru East local government of the state.

Former police inspector general Mohammed Adamu accused the proscribed Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) of carrying out the deadly campaigns.

The group vowed to deal with Mr Uzodinma following the killing of its commander Ikonso by state forces in April.

The growing attacks on states across the country have forced more governors to re-emphasise the clamour for state policing.

Last week, Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba advised Mr Buhari to allow governors to experiment with state police to address the country’s security challenges.

According to Mr Ishaku, the primary responsibility of any democratic government is to secure the people and their property.

He added that governors were going through challenges and were helpless in dealing with insecurity as they have no power over security assets.

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-ugm-burn-down-inec-ndlea-offices-in-abia-under-24-hours/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by helinues: 7:58pm On May 11, 2021
FG had special emergency meeting today about the unrest in SE and some SS.

UGM village people have already picked their calls, it's time to pass the message
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by nlreserve: 7:59pm On May 11, 2021
Nice one. Good news of the evening

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Mayng01(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2021
Disintegration

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by colorsofrainbow: 8:01pm On May 11, 2021
helinues:

UGM village people have already picked their calls, it's time to pass the message
Akuko...let me see that your bony chest you are beating...
I know say southern governors meeting and resolve today wan give you heart attack...
I no see you for thread where Bokoharam dey distribute money and food dey do campaign...na Biafra matter you get large mouth...terrorist!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by TabletMan: 8:02pm On May 11, 2021
Destruction of properties and lives in my dear region is getting out of hand.
God will surely punish all the supporters and architect of choas and unrest in the SE
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by helinues: 8:03pm On May 11, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Akuko...let me see that your bony chest you are beating...
I know say southern governors meeting and resolve today wan give you heart attack...
I no see you for thread where Bokoharam dey distribute money and food dey do campaign...na Biafra matter you get large mouth...terrorist!

Agbo, UGM village people have already picked their calls, it's time to pass the message

Read and comprehend
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Bialegend(m): 8:03pm On May 11, 2021
Boys are doing the job good. grin grin grin grin
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by IgweOfNnewi: 8:04pm On May 11, 2021
Kudos to unknown Gun men
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by colorsofrainbow: 8:07pm On May 11, 2021
helinues:

Read and comprehend
if only you were able to comprehend that Buhari was about to scam your soul with #40 satchet of milo in 2015.
What am I even saying? See as I dey talk as if you don't lick em ass finish with your mouth...
Keep licking my brother,don't mind me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by TabletMan: 8:07pm On May 11, 2021
UGM are seriously causing unrest in the SE.
They are still struggling to pass a rugged message in Imo state but our security forces still have the upper hand. Hope uzodinma has flood his omuma village with Soldiers and the natives are seriously suffering at the hands of those soldiers. All these things are avoidable crises if UGM are not studid enough to challenge their Chi to a fight.
The sound of Surugede is all around this country and SE is supposed to be exempted if not for all these Unknown bullshit.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by hisgrace090: 8:08pm On May 11, 2021
The people have brought all maner of report regarding the brutality of nigerian security men against the land and our leaders cares not because it concerns them not.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by adekolaelect(m): 8:11pm On May 11, 2021
Bialegend:
Boys are doing the job good. grin grin grin grin
It will good too when Nigeria Army start their job too. I hope blaming game will not come later as usual when you feel it .Hiding under brown Roof in South West and hailing distructions in his fatherland .

Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 11, 2021
Of what aim is UGM
Of what gain is UGM to kanu shocked
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Conrod: 8:37pm On May 11, 2021
Hmm
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2021
Good morning Nigerians

Buhari, a good man with evil Intensions
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Conrod: 8:51pm On May 11, 2021
TabletMan:
UGM are seriously causing unrest in the SE.
They are still struggling to pass a rugged message in Imo state but our security forces still have the upper hand. Hope uzodinma has flood his omuma village with Soldiers and the natives are seriously suffering at the hands of those soldiers. All these things are avoidable crises if UGM are not studid enough to challenge their Chi to a fight.
The sound of Surugede is all around this country and SE is supposed to be exempted if not for all these Unknown bullshit.
Thank ur gods for the UGM,ur likes in ibarapa in ogun state are still in exile.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by TabletMan: 10:16pm On May 11, 2021
Conrod:
Thank ur gods for the UGM,ur likes in ibarapa in ogun state are still in exile.
ibarapa is at Oyo state. I believed you don't know the condition of security over there since you don't know the state it's located. I will implore you to stick to what you know.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Conrod: 10:43pm On May 11, 2021
TabletMan:
ibarapa is at Oyo state. I believed you don't know the condition of security over there since you don't know the state it's located. I will implore you to stick to what you know.
I will but only if you dnt meddle in the affairs of my locality.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by favor914: 10:48pm On May 11, 2021
helinues:

Tomorrow so called ipob catolic pricks will say genocide?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Inec, Ndlea Offices In Abia Under 24 Hours by Peacemaker5129(f): 10:54pm On May 11, 2021
Hmmmmnm

(1) (Reply)

Group Threatened To Name Sponsors Of UGM In Enugu / Apc Not Happy With Twitter Ban / 2023: PDP’ll Be Back In Aso Rock- Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.