Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,720 members, 7,847,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze (16801 Views)

Why PDP May Lose All Southern States If It Zones Presidency To North - Thisday / Igbo Youths Will No Longer Be Sacrificed For The North - Ohanaeze Tells Army / Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by richidinho(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2021
oyatz:

Between 1999-2015, Nigeria was more or less one party State with a dominant PDP and several smaller parties that couldn't win presidential elections, so political decisions taken at Wadata Plaza of the PDP only needed 'elections' to formalize it. Any presidential candidate chosen by the then PDP was bound to win.

All these changed with the formaltion of an alternative viable party, the APC which eventually defeated the PDP in 2015.

Now, each political party has to consider it's own survival/possiblility of defeat in its zoning arrangements.

That is why the south + the middle belt can give us an igbo president, we only need 25% votes of the core northern states

I'm from the Nigerdelta but truth must be told

2 Likes

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Eastlink(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Rolings:

Okay if you say so......but why should APC in particular zone the president to south east in 2023?... it will be grossly unfair to yorubas if APC does that....like you , we yorubas too settled for VP under buhari in the hope that the VP will take over from him.
Fair enough
Unfair to which Yorubas like how? When the PDP gave their Presidential ticket to Obasanjo in 1999 was it not unfair to the Igbos who fomed the bulk of the builders of that party? And who says Igbos didn't contribute to the growth of APC? Where do you put Rochas, Ameachi, Onu etc in? Can you compare the influence of the above names to their counterparts in the west?

Despite all odds, did Buhari not win the preferred 25% votes in Imo, Rivers, Abia, Ebonyi, and Anambra? Are you saying those who voted Buhari in Imo were ghost? Did Rochas and Amaechi not contribute to the financial warchest of the party during its formation and victory in 2015? If any group is crying for fairness in the APC, then that group is the NC and SE. The SW has been rewarded with the VP, Speaker, Military and top Ministerial positions, sames as NE.

But due to acute greed, the SW is asking for more and this will be her greatest political undoing. You can take that to the bank.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by mandax: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
walefresh3:
for peace, unity and equity... In other to also prove our loyalty to southern region... We can allow South East to have it... But them must humbled ... They need us most for that to happen... Not blackmailing us.. Thier is power in unity...The south must unit first with one voice... If they really want equal stake in this contraption...It is only southern unity that can give us GREAT opportunity for true fiscal federalism...

The north was not united with one voice when Yar’Adua and Buhari won the presidency. Why give south the conditions before south can succeed PMB?

Nobody changes the goalpost in the middle of the football game. Rotation of the presidency is necessitated by the skewed and lopsided political structure of Nigeria favoring Arewa north.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Eastlink(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
richidinho:

That is why the south + the middle belt can give us an igbo president, we only need 25% votes of the core northern states

Exactly. Nigeria can get a President of Igbo extraction come 2023 if Ndigbo can be brave enough to push her quest. Not cowards fronting as the voice of Igbos. And the cowards know themselves in the SE. Patriotic Igbos must begin to stand up to fight for her people.

The unity of this country depends on fairness come 2023.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Rolings: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
In you foolishness you believe Biafra started in 2015.

What about Yoruba Nation agitation? Yeye dey smell

You are the one claiming Nnamdi kanu opened your eyes...i only remind you there are other pretenders before him

2 Likes

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by DMerciful(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Where did I mention NK?

So as Nigeria is, you're happy with the way she's going? You have zero ambition towards development
Rolings:

You are the one claiming Nnamdi kanu opened your eyes...i only remind you there are other pretenders before him
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by bizzibodi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Let it be made abundantly clear that if Presidency is a panacea to people’s problems, the North would have become the Netherlands of Africa.

“This is because the North had Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Yakubu Gowon, Murtala Mohammed, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Musa Yaradua, Muhammadu Buhari, yet the problems of the North are on the increase”.
See finishing
With the kind of this present leader d north gave us nigerians....they need to apologize & ask for forgiveness....and forgo presidential contest for the next 20 years.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Rolings: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Eastlink:
Unfair to which Yorubas like how? When the PDP gave their Presidential ticket to Obasanjo in 1999 was it not unfair to the Igbos who fomed the bulk of the builders of that party? And who says Igbos didn't contribute to the growth of APC? Where do you put Rochas, Ameachi, Onu etc in? Can you compare the influence of the above names to their counterparts in the west?

Despite all odds, did Buhari not win the preferred 25% votes in Imo, Rivers, Abia, Ebonyi, and Anambra? Are you saying those who voted Buhari in Imo were ghost? Did Rochas and Amaechi not contribute to the financial warchest of the party during its formation and victory in 2015? If any group is crying for fairness in the APC, then that group is the NC and SE. The SW has been rewarded with the VP, Speaker, Military and top Ministerial positions, sames as NE.

But due to acute greed, the SW is asking for more and this will be her greatest political undoing. You can take that to the bank.

Ibos cry should be directed to PDP...not APC
And yes Ibos like okorocha and onu contributed greatly to Apc but ibos were also handsomely rewarded....more than your contribution.....you dont expect yorubas to have equal rewards with ibos because their contributions were not the same now..... yorubas contributed more so should benefit more afterall during Obj regime ibos and northerners got more than yorubas even though Obj was a yorubaman but ibos and northerners contributed more than yorubas towards installing his government.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Rolings: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=DMerciful post=106279532]Where did I mention NK?

So as Nigeria is, you're happy with the way she's going? You have zero ambition towards development[/quote]

And how will development come when folks dont believe in the country......do you cut your head off to cure headache?...is development going to happen when ibos are insisting on breaking away just because they lost out in the power game

1 Like

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by oyatz(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
richidinho:

Unfortunately, the South and the middle belt are regions and NOT political parties with a well defined membership and structure that can enforce decisions on their members.

If the whole Southern + Middle Belt Governors meet and decide that the S/East should be given tickets in both PDP and APC, what if
non-Igbo members of these parties contest and win the presidential primaries of these parties, how will you stop him?

1 Like

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by DMerciful(m): 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
We mustn't be together you know, we were not together 120yrs ago and we've lived thousands of years.

You don't like us but insist on being in same country with us. Your response would be who's stopping us but clear you're against Igbos wanting to leave. As long as Nigeria exist, there can be no development [quote author=Rolings post=106279718][/quote]
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Ovamboland(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Eastlink:

Let SE aspire to be VP, Speaker or military head since they are not interested in the presidency, their choice

2 Likes

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Rolings: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
We mustn't be together you know, we were not together 120yrs ago and we've lived thousands of years.

You don't like us but insist on being in same country with us. Your response would be who's stopping us but clear you're against Igbos wanting to leave. As long as Nigeria exist, there can be no development

Clearly nobody is stopping you from leaving except yourselves ...i have always maintained that if ibos really wanted to leave (at least 70% ibos) they would long be gone.
The fact is its only a negligible number of ibos that really want to leave Nigeria....
Its allowed to have people like ipob and other ethnic nationalists in a federation like ours...i mean almost all federations have pople like them...but they are always a negligible number ....the majority always win
My advice...work towards getting the greater percentage of ibo population to want to leave and you will have your way...for now yall are a vocal minority trying to lord over the majority
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by HustlePro: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Go and argue with Kano/Kaduna VAT.

Largest voting bloc indeed.
So why are all Northern governors against it? grin grin grin
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by HustlePro: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Rolings:

Clearly nobody is stopping you from leaving except yourselves ...i have always maintained that if ibos really wanted to leave (at least 70% ibos) they would long be gone.
WRONG.. When Igbos wanted to leave, why were they resisted? What led to the civil war? I know Igbos leaders have some blames that led to civil war, but innocent Igbo masses that knew nothing about it were gruesomely murdered in and outside their region.

The fact is it's only a negligible number of ibos that really want to leave Nigeria....
WRONG again... 99% wants to leave, except the ruling 1% or those benefitting from the current state. Why do you think IPOB was gaining acceptance, except now that those ones have foolishly been blinded and arrogantly think they can do it alone and that will be taken away from them soon.

Its allowed to have people like ipob and other ethnic nationalists in a federation like ours...i mean almost all federations have pople like them...but they are always a negligible number ....the majority always win
Again, you are wrong. IF your assertions are true, then the government has no reason to ALWAYS use Army to suppress people. Let the people decide.

My advice...work towards getting the greater percentage of ibo population to want to leave and you will have your way...for now yall are a vocal minority trying to lord over the majority
You are just trying to be clever by half...
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Bakinwuta(f): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Yorubas are fighting for APC ticket

Igbos are fighting for PDP ticket

Hausa/Fulani want to keep both to themselves.

A divided South makes the North look smart and imperious

Show of shame

Don't get it twisted.

PDP is trying to reinstate what they discarded to pave way for GEJ after Yaradua. Especially now that they are desperate to return.

APC is returning a favour to the SW for being supportive from the beginning as against a SE that is anti-APC.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Sufferingboy(f): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
You're not wise. PDP giving her presidential nomination to Igbos would be wasted cos the rest of Nigeria hates the Igbo man. Unless both political parties chose Igbo men like was done for Olu Falae and Obj.

We know that the easiest way for us to get power is through VP so don't feel sorry for us, we know what we're doing

U done become Igbo again after pretending to be an Ika person from Ote-Okpu in past?

U done become Igbo again after pretending to be an Ika person from Ote-Okpu in past?
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by DMerciful(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
The fact I'm Ika does not make me not a Biafran or Igbo. Some Ika indigenous do not identify themselves as Igbos but I do thats why if you go through my post you'll know I've always supported Igbo nationalityand Biafra.
Sufferingboy:

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by Sufferingboy(f): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
The fact I'm Ika does not make me not a Biafran or Igbo. Some Ika indigenous do not identify themselves as Igbos but I do thats why if you go through my post you'll know I've always supported Igbo nationalityand Biafra.

Oga shutup,I dey monitore for long.You be pure Igbo man from east deceiving yourself.Impersonating Ika people online will do you no good.Igbos should be ashame and stop attache by force....
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by DMerciful(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
I don't blame you. Now run along.
Sufferingboy:

Oga shutup,I dey monitore for long.You be pure Igbo man from east deceiving yourself.Impersonating Ika people online will do you no good.Igbos should be ashame and stop attache by force....
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by oyatz(m): 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
They hate us for no reason.

Even the Fulanis that brought bokoharam, herdsmen and bandits are not hated as much as Igbos when it comes to political power.

Nobody hate you or anybody.

Different parts of Nigeria are strategizing to get Political power for THEMSELVES first but you are misinterpreting it that they hate you.
Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by oyatz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
DMerciful:
Bandits, bokoharam and killer herdsmen has not stopped the North from producing the president but you naively believe IPOB is the reason we're not considered politically. If you know your history you'll know that the fear of the dominating attitude of the Igbos started way before independence.

If you expect the Igbo man to beg for political power then you don't know us at all. If NigerIA insist on undermining us, Nigeria herself will not progress.

Given the political atmosphere just now, VP is ok for us, since SW wanna be greedy, they've got it coming!

Nobody is undermining you sir.

Ndigbo voted en mass for Atiku-Obi ticket of the PDP in 2019 but the PDP didn't secure enough votes to win. It will be wrong to accuse others by calling this 'undermining us'

In 2023, most Igbos are hoping that the PDP re-present the same Atiku-Obi ticket with the hope that they win.
However if other parts of Nigeria are working for the ticket of another political party, the Igbos will be complaining that they are undermining them.

Everyone is pursuing his own interests but if your interests fail to materialize, don't start to scream 'betrayal, marginalization or they hate us mantra'

2 Likes

Re: PDP Dead Forever If It Zones 2023 Presidency To North – Ohanaeze by oyatz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Hold it there.

If you had the power or capacity to install anything you would have installed yourselves tey-tey instead of wailing and blackmailing all over the place.

I laugh in imaginary powers grin

Omo, see finishing!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Swears In Muazu Jaji Sambo As Minister Of State For Works And Housing / LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months / Prophet Ikuru's Message To Wike, Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.