Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,996 members, 7,841,821 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign (21969 Views)

Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by pennywys(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2021
cheesy
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Inspiration007: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2021
What's there if he logs into the account in your presence , and you rectify the whole issue?
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Ade3131: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2021
@Op

If his card is a debit card, tell him you're gonna refund him the 2k his card cost and tell him to block the card and you pay him the cost of getting a new card. At least that should settle every b'cuz the old card will be blocked and every payments that run on it will automatically be terminated.

2k should just settle it. I suspect your boss is in his late 50s b'cuz that's how most of them behaves over anything technology. They feel they're not too far away from the Tech generation and always want to show they're smart enough to match the trends or what's in vogue in the tech space.

I left my best job b'cuz of someone like your boss too. But please settle with him amicably. It's hard getting a good job out there. So manage your Boss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2021
Dealing with an illiterate boss is hard o let alone a tech illiterate boss.
Let someone said up, get the bank to block the card.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:09am On Oct 03, 2021
providencia:

Tell him to block his card at his bank
As in eh. It's that simple

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Ofadaman(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2021
Working for a tech illiterate person is really difficult, as they're always too scared of employees who are tech savvy they feel they'd outsmart them ,take over their business or steal from them using tech.
Do not write any police statement because anything can happen to his card, he could fall victim to a fraud due to his own doing.

I'd advise you ask him to block the card from his bank, and get a new card, going forward always use his email or business email to operate any profile henceforth and always always get his consent either in email or text msg before you proceed .

3 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by macrodata(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2021
Yeezus998:
Why can’t you just go to his office, sit down with him and resolve the problem while he’s there with you. Abi?
There's more to the story. It's incomplete.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2021
NetValueFX:

Don't sign anything. If he calls police on you, sue him.
on what grounds can I sue him? I would love to know this please
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by philiancoop(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2021
this thing you have written here is a good statement. especially the story part.
just tell this story again
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by BouquiLake: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2021
Then offer to pay for the new card if he is that shrewd.... New card is like 1k. I.e. if your boss's (Sorry Former Boss) brain can process that sha cool shocked shocked

That's the problem with working for an educated illiterate... Sorry jare.

providencia:

Tell him to block his card at his bank

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by barule: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2021
Tell your boss to open his bank app and deactivate is card.

So he can easily apply for another one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Calicoe: 8:19am On Oct 03, 2021
I'll like to know what righteousness has to say about this
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by miccholo1(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:
Sorry to bore you but ill be very detailed so you all can understand me and proffer right advice.

TLDR; I am being indicted for fraud for not removing my former Boss card details before removing myself as an admin from an ad account and I have to write a Police undertaken before I get paid.

I work as a Digital Marketing for a brand in Lagos. My job involves creating ads, social media management and strategy.

We needed to launch a campaign on google but for some reasons my boss didn't know how to get his password. I suggested I created one, then he accepted and input his card details by himself. I sent him an invite to be an admin so he can see all im doing, which be accepted. He later became skeptical about it cos according to him, he said I created the account under my email so I am primary to the account while he is secondary, and he doesn't want that for his brand cos he already has google ad account, which means his card details is under my email and details. I told him it doesn't matter who is primary or secondary, we both share ownership cos he has admin status to it and he can login with his email too and I am not privy to his card details cos I can't even see the details on the card. He said no, that he wants to shut it down and remove his card. I then asked him how do we now pay for the campaigns already running? According to him, he said when someone replaces me, he would put it back and and initiate payments, I wasn't really paying attention to him, I then removed myself as admin from the ad account, meaning he alone owns it cos he was giving me the impression that I will bear the brunt of payment and I don't want my other ad accounts to be banned as a result.

He then got pissed and asked me to find my way back in to remove his card, I told him he has to grant me access then, he said no that he is not an admin to the account cos when he wanted to gain access to the ad account, he had verification issues while logging in, but I told him that he is the admin now and I don't even have access anymore. I had to reach out to support but they referred me back to him or attached a code to the backend of the site. He won't grant me access because of this primary and secondary thing and that he doesn't wanna click on a link that he's not sure what I have said to google cos he claims he's not the admin. I have apologized tire and explain tire yet he won't listen.

He said I should write a Police undertaken that if anything like fraud affects his card, I should be held responsible so if im innocent I shouldn't have any problem writing it before he can pay my money. Or I should find my way into the ad account to allow him remove his card. I told him I can't write any undertaken cos I wouldn't wanna be held responsible for anything I don't know about. The man is so mean so im being careful with writing anything.

My issue is, I need legal help for this issue. I work 6 days a week and I sleep over at the office some days cos the service we render involves entertainment so I need to gather content. I sleep on the floor in the office cos the accommodation is messy and I've lost weight cos of his work.

What should I do??

Bro here's my phone number 08079054922.. let's talk with regard to the services you render not the legal issue

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2021
It's obvious your boss is not very tech savvy. You should have been crystal clear when you wanted to start. I once had a client that thinks just because I used my email to create a test account on his platform, he may lose access to it. Even though the test account does not even have admin privileges. I had to sit him down and explain to him. You should have done the same.
This is the only solution I can see. Since your boss is the only admin left on the ad account. Ask him to work with you on this, tell him to open his laptop and guide him through on how to remove the card. Or you can tell him to block the card at his bank and obtain another one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by henryobinna(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2021
LibertyRep:
How long does it take for banks to block a card and issue a replacement again?

The issue is lack of trust and not necessarily the card.
it might not necessarily be trust alone, the boss might be masking his ulterior motives with 'lack of trust', the boss might go ahead and make transactions with his card only to claim the guy has defrauded him.

The guy initially shouldn't have created anything with his personal email, he should have helped his boss figure out his(boss) own login details and used the boss' ad account for the whole thing.

Now that it has gotten to this stage, he should go meet his boss at the office and explain things to him and suggest blocking of card as the best solution. Since the boss is not tech-savvy or obviously a dummy that can't even understand anything. If the boss is dumb enough not to remember his Password and dumb enough not to know passwords can easily be replaced by requesting to change old one, he won't have issues accusing the guy of creating all these problems so as defraud him(boss).

Block the card. And don't sign any stupid undertaking no matter what. Because that might your first step of going to jail on crime you have no idea of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Wittysmith(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2021
You work overnight and sleep on the floor!
You are selling yourself cheap and that's why the man finds it hard to trust you with his card details.
You will be far better off doing freelance gigs online.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by ekensi01: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2021
@Zordgrub stop being a jerk, go into your boss office and let him log in the you remove his card if he saying NO. Then start looking for someone he listen to cause this issue is going a long way. Google will start removing his money soon, or better still get yourself access by stealing his password. I can show you. Message me
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Lefty500: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:
Sorry to bore you but ill be very detailed so you all can understand me and proffer right advice.

TLDR; I am being indicted for fraud for not removing my former Boss card details before removing myself as an admin from an ad account and I have to write a Police undertaken before I get paid.

I work as a Digital Marketing for a brand in Lagos. My job involves creating ads, social media management and strategy.

We needed to launch a campaign on google but for some reasons my boss didn't know how to get his password. I suggested I created one, then he accepted and input his card details by himself. I sent him an invite to be an admin so he can see all im doing, which be accepted. He later became skeptical about it cos according to him, he said I created the account under my email so I am primary to the account while he is secondary, and he doesn't want that for his brand cos he already has google ad account, which means his card details is under my email and details. I told him it doesn't matter who is primary or secondary, we both share ownership cos he has admin status to it and he can login with his email too and I am not privy to his card details cos I can't even see the details on the card. He said no, that he wants to shut it down and remove his card. I then asked him how do we now pay for the campaigns already running? According to him, he said when someone replaces me, he would put it back and and initiate payments, I wasn't really paying attention to him, I then removed myself as admin from the ad account, meaning he alone owns it cos he was giving me the impression that I will bear the brunt of payment and I don't want my other ad accounts to be banned as a result.

He then got pissed and asked me to find my way back in to remove his card, I told him he has to grant me access then, he said no that he is not an admin to the account cos when he wanted to gain access to the ad account, he had verification issues while logging in, but I told him that he is the admin now and I don't even have access anymore. I had to reach out to support but they referred me back to him or attached a code to the backend of the site. He won't grant me access because of this primary and secondary thing and that he doesn't wanna click on a link that he's not sure what I have said to google cos he claims he's not the admin. I have apologized tire and explain tire yet he won't listen.

He said I should write a Police undertaken that if anything like fraud affects his card, I should be held responsible so if im innocent I shouldn't have any problem writing it before he can pay my money. Or I should find my way into the ad account to allow him remove his card. I told him I can't write any undertaken cos I wouldn't wanna be held responsible for anything I don't know about. The man is so mean so im being careful with writing anything.

My issue is, I need legal help for this issue. I work 6 days a week and I sleep over at the office some days cos the service we render involves entertainment so I need to gather content. I sleep on the floor in the office cos the accommodation is messy and I've lost weight cos of his work.

What should I do??

Let him go to the bank and block the card, if na Dom card, highest I know is $15 cost.

Guy your skill na hot cake o.

If you can provide me with Google ads account that won't get suspended, I'm ready to buy from you.
Let me know if you could do that.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Ubanz: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2021
E be like say ur boss na trouble maker.
The simplest thing to do is to have his card reissued.
Abi he is looking for something else?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by gadgetplanetng: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2021
A new card is N1,000
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Offpoint1: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2021
Firstly you made the first mistake of using your own email as the primary assigned email.

As a digital marketer myself, if I'm running ad for a company or an individual I use their email accounts. If they don't have an email account, I create a dedicated account and give them all the details.

As for your boss, he may be tech illiterate or a person with trust issues.

Like everyone suggested, just tell him to block his card.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by chidiwar(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??

The buharist can't key in to this kind of trend...all they want to hear is naizooria and it's politics .... Slowpokes..
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by stanley000: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2021
Yeezus998:
Why can’t you just go to his office, sit down with him and resolve the problem while he’s there with you. Abi?
i just wonder how this guy's self centeredness has overtaken him, he's obviously at fault here, like a kid trying to swipe his moms data. Who wants their card details somewhere they don't want it to be?
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
Ade3131:
@Op

If his card is a debit card, tell him you're gonna refund him the 2k his card cost and tell him to block the card and you pay him the cost of getting a new card. At least that should settle every b'cuz the old card will be blocked and every payments that run on it will automatically be terminated.

2k should just settle it. I suspect your boss is in his late 50s b'cuz that's how most of them behaves over anything technology. They feel they're not too far away from the Tech generation and always want to show they're smart enough to match the trends or what's in vogue in the tech space.

I left my best job b'cuz of someone like your boss too. But please settle with him amicably. It's hard getting a good job out there. So manage your Boss
asin you got it! Funny thing is he knows how these things works but he's forming that he doesn't know. He run ads by himself funny enough. He is in his late 50s or 60s. He is very stubborn and wicked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by BRATISLAVA: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2021
Ade3131:
@Op

Lol @50s. That's the same age group I suspect the man to fall under.

He probably watched one of those videos in the bank and got cold feet. Or told someone what happened and they castigated him.

Old people and tech: there are the ones who believe anything and get swindled, there are the ones who are scared and cautious of anything to do with technology, and they still get swindled! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by SpaceAngel: 8:35am On Oct 03, 2021
No matter what, don't sign any police undertaking.
He'll use it to haunt you and who knows even blackmail you to be his eternal slave.
These days your name could be on Interpol list for something you know nothing about.
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by BRATISLAVA: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2021
Ofadaman:
Working for a tech illiterate person is really difficult, as they're always too scared of employees who are tech savvy they feel they'd outsmart them ,take over their business or steal from them using tech.
Do not write any police statement because anything can happen to his card, he could fall victim to a fraud due to his own doing.

I'd advise you ask him to block the card from his bank, and get a new card, going forward always use his email or business email to operate any profile henceforth and always always get his consent either in email or text msg before you proceed .

The man doesn't sound tech illiterate. On the contrary, he is quite conversant. Hence his difficult behavior. He is just trying to emphasize that OP had access to his card details and for that reason is being unreasonable.

Can you blame him in a would of fraud?
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2021
chidiwar:

The buharist can't key in to this kind of trend...all they want to hear is naizooria and it's politics .... Slowpokes..
the thing is the man understand how campaigns work, he runs campaigns so he knows. He just don't wanna just click on the email that google sent him so he can allow me in. The man is annoying and bored as Bleep.
Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Johnrake69: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??

Send me a message I might have a small Gig for you.

Your Boss is really mean. The easiest way around this is to block the card and get a new card. Case closed. Don't fucking sign anything.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Solitechworld(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
Zordgrub:

What should I do??

The funny part is that you can't delete a card from google ads without replacing it with another card if you have an outstanding payment on the account

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign by Zordgrub: 8:39am On Oct 03, 2021
Lefty500:

Let him go to the bank and block the card, if na Dom card, highest I know is $15 cost.

Guy your skill na hot cake o.

If you can provide me with Google ads account that won't get suspended, I'm ready to buy from you.
Let me know if you could do that.
lol. Oya send me email make I add you as admin to one of my numerous ad accounts that im still setting up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Chemistry Graduate Work In Oil Company? / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / Graduates in the UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.