Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,882 members, 7,831,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims (3069 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims / Afenifere Accuses Buhari Of Tribal Bigotry Against Igbos / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Aganju849:

[s]Did you know that to northern muslims, even tho you're a muslim like them you're still a kaffir so long as you're from the south?

Oya go to the north and complain about muslim-on-muslim bigotry/tribalism, let us see if you come back with that big empty head still on your shoulders.[/s]
Shut up jor, your diversion tactics won't work again. The Muslims of Yoruba land are waking up and I'm not from South West eleribu omo

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Aganju849: 2:55am On Nov 08, 2021
Demmzy15:

Shut up jor, your diversion tactics won't work again. The Muslims of Yoruba land are waking up and I'm not from South West eleribu omo

Of course I know where you from

Zombie

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
SlyDev:
I'm sad I don't know what to say, Yoruba Muslim and Christian need to put aside their differences and make it work. I've not been discriminated based on my faith in Yorubaland, but Ekiti and ondo have a lot of work to do!
The Muslims have given their all to make sure Yorùbáland is united but unfortunately, we're still viewed as disdains. We're always made to prove our "yorubaness", fortunately the Muslims have woken up and seen you can never please the non-Muslims. Many Yoruba Muslims have changed now, no taking shit anymore

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by iyapont: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
BeansAndBread:
The Muslims have given their all to make sure Yorùbáland is united but unfortunately, we're still viewed as disdains. We're always made to prove our "yorubaness", fortunately the Muslims have woken up and seen you can never please the non-Muslims. Many Yoruba Muslims have changed now, no taking shit anymore
U r not yoruba man u just speak the language pls face your kwara and your fulani king jejely mumu
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
BeansAndBread:

Lolz, grin helpess self denial.. cheap bait comment.. you have to try harder if you want attention here

not every one is a bigot..

Christians here celebrate muslim holidays as much as they celebrate Xmas as well with merry meals and Firecrackers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by NaijirianKing: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
The problem

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Akanbiedu(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Emiya:

you mean instead of Saturday and Sundays?

you're just reversing the very problem you're trying to point out...

if what you are saying is that the two religions cannot , in principle, co-exist .. that you want an Islamic state , you want sharia , you want want to establish political, Islam..
then you will be @ odds with other religions within the union

that is the reason in the first place we say religion must be put aside from the present nigerian Govt and the Govt must never impede the religion .. that Nigeria is Secular
anyone is free to worship as he deems fit ... any one is free to live as he wants..

you are not deceiving anyone .. your intention is to Islamize everything.. so its natural that there'll be opposition to your agenda..

not my problem

I just asked you a question, I didn't say it has to be Thursday and Friday as an example. Now supposing we agree we are running secular Yorubaland, could you suggest weekend days for the country for example?
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
NaijirianKing:
The problem began when Muslims started going along to get along, however, things are now becoming clearer... the writing is on the wall. Marginalization of Islam in Nigeria is fast coming to an end as Islam is experiencing a resurgence. This is just the beginning.

Islam is the religion of over 70% of Nigerians, enough is enough.

Insha'Allāh bro, a believe the next revival of the Deen would actually be from the South. I believe so

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
Emiya:

Lolz, grin helpess self denial.. cheap bait comment.. you have to try harder if you want attention here

not every one is a bigot..

Christians here celebrate muslim holidays as much as they celebrate Xmas as well with merry meals and Firecrackers cheesy
Nonsense, only food you guys know about. How about coming to pray in the mosque with us? How about fasting with us during Ramadan? Or your life depends on food? The world knows Yoruba people like owambe, they'll dine with the devil sef

This rhetoric is dying gradually, I used to celebrate Xmas growing up, now I've changed. And this is the case with many Yoruba Muslims

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
iyapont:
U r not yoruba man u just speak the language pls face your kwara and your fulani king jejely mumu
Ode I'm Yoruba, continue denying. Una eyes go soon open oponu
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Nonsense, only food you guys know about. How about coming to pray in the mosque with us? How about fasting with us during Ramadan? Or your life depends on food? The world knows Yoruba people like owambe, they'll dine with the devil sef

This rhetoric is dying gradually, I used to celebrate Xmas growing up, now I've changed. And this is the case with many Yoruba Muslims

Nah you're wrong .. it still happens today..
Fashola/ Jagaban etc etc are yoruba Muslims married to Yoruba Christians...
and that's just the beginning..

and why will i go and pray in the mosque when i don't even adhere to the religion in the first place..

you do realise that there are yorubas who are equally traditional worshipers.. do i have to go to the shrine to show love as well?

nothing wrong in being happy when others are happy its the kind of Love the Yorubas have for each other ..
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Insha'Allāh bro, a believe the next revival of the Deen would actually be from the South. I believe so

There's no marginalization ... what we have in Nigeria today is Muslims killing Christians because they are Christians and they will not tolerate their existence...
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by iyapont: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Ode I'm Yoruba, continue denying. Una eyes go soon open oponu
kwara man face your north and leave South West alone grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 12:10am On Nov 10, 2021
iyapont:
kwara man face your north and leave South West alone grin
Cry me a River, Kwara State including Ilorin is Yorùbáland. Pained Yorùbá Christian grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2021
Emiya:

[s]
Nah you're wrong .. it still happens today..
Fashola/ Jagaban etc etc are yoruba Muslims married to Yoruba Christians...
and that's just the beginning..

and why will i go and pray in the mosque when i don't even adhere to the religion in the first place..

you do realise that there are yorubas who are equally traditional worshipers.. do i have to go to the shrine to show love as well?

nothing wrong in being happy when others are happy its the kind of Love the Yorubas have for each other .. [/s]
But you can eat on ileya abi? Abi you don't know food on Eid is based upon our religion?

It's we Muslims that always have to proof our "yorubaness", this is why y'all keep mentioning the fact that Tinubu and Fashola. Tinubu and Fashman aren't even the Yoruba Muslims wẹ look up to, we want the likes of Oluwo of Iwo (a man who has completely removed idols in Iwo), Ishaq Oloyede, confirm Muslims!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 1:17am On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:
But you can eat on ileya abi? Abi you don't know food on Eid is based upon our religion?

It's we Muslims that always have to proof our "yorubaness", this is why y'all keep mentioning the fact that Tinubu and Fashola. Tinubu and Fashman aren't even the Yoruba Muslims wẹ look up to, we want the likes of Oluwo of Iwo (a man who has completely removed idols in Iwo), Ishaq Oloyede, confirm Muslims!

grin anything that makes you feel better ,

but Christians are the Overwhelming Majority in the south and we are not gonna leave Nigeria for you anyway... that's actually your problem ,

don't feel oppressed , go out there and make Christian friends they are humans too and the majority of them are the opposite extremists .. you are the actual bigot here with your mentality..

anyway , i know you'd have even liked if the Oluwo demolished all the churches there as well, grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 1:28am On Nov 10, 2021
Emiya:

grin anything that makes you feel better

but Christians are the Overwhelming Majority in the south and we are not gonna leave Nigeria for you anyway... that's actually your problem ,

I see what you did there grin grin You added South South and South East allies? grin grin

don't feel oppressed , go out there and make Christian friends they are humans too and the majority of them are the opposite extremists .. you are the actual bigot here with your mentality..

I have nothing against Christians, but I hate hypocrites regardless of their religion. Many bigots unfortunately are Yorubas who talk sweet and act the exact opposite.

anyway , i know you'd have even liked if the Oluwo demolished all the churches there as well, grin

Oluwo is a good Muslim, and in Islam, you don't destroy people's worship centers even during wars. We've got principles! wink
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 1:28am On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Shut up Yorùbá Christian, i can play the card too. Christian militias are killing Muslims in the North too and I have proofs.

But you guys like to jump the gun, I'm talking about Yorùbáland. Stop talking rubbish, imagine the justification for ill treatment if Yoruba Muslims whom y'all claim are your brothers

Christian extremist Militias ?? Lolz... I've never heard of such a thing grin

until you guys decide the correct form of your faith: Moderate or Strict Extremism and form a consensus..

we will continue to conflate the thing
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 1:32am On Nov 10, 2021
Emiya:

Christian extremist Militias ?? Lolz... I've never heard of such a thing grin

Really? Now you are hearing about them, they've killed thousands of Muslim civilians in Plateau and Southern Kaduna

until you guys decide the correct form of your faith: Moderate or Strict Extremism and form a consensus..

We don't give a damn about you or anyone, we'll practice our religion according to the Quran and Sunnah whether you like it or not!

we will continue to conflate the thing

Don't care
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:

Really? Now you are hearing about them, they've killed thousands of Muslim civilians in Plateau and Southern Kaduna

We don't give a damn about you or anyone, we'll practice our religion according to the Quran and Sunnah whether you like it or not!

Don't care

yeah... nobody does Sorry
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 1:43am On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:

I see what you did there grin grin You added South South and South East allies? grin grin

I have nothing against Christians, but I hate hypocrites regardless of their religion. Many bigots unfortunately are Yorubas who talk sweet and act the exact opposite.

Oluwo is a good Muslim, and in Islam, you don't destroy people's worship centers even during wars. We've got principles! wink

noted...
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by iyapont: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Cry me a River, Kwara State including Ilorin is Yorùbáland. Pained Yorùbá Christian grin
first of all I'm a yormuslim, I have Muslim and Christian in my home, like I said earlier kwara is gone,go and face your northern brother grin we are okay with our six SW states.. we can't even accept you as a yoruba state, your eye go clear very soon Conquered people grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by iyapont: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2021
Emiya:

noted...
pls this guy is not a yoruba man, he is yorufulani man from kwara,believe him at your own risk
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2021
HEY STOP THE NONSENSE CAMPAIGN.
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 8:54am On Nov 10, 2021
HEY STOP THE NONSENSE CAMPAIGN. GOOD YORUBAS DON'T THINK THAT WAY. YOU MUST BE MURIC
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by BeansAndBread(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
iyapont:
first of all I'm a yormuslim, I have Muslim and Christian in my home, like I said earlier kwara is gone,go and face your northern brother grin we are okay with our six SW states.. we can't even accept you as a yoruba state, your eye go clear very soon Conquered people grin
We're coming for other SW states too grin grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by NaijirianKing: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
The problem

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Emiya: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
NaijirianKing:
The problem is that the respect is not reciprocal. The Muslims are always expected to bend over backwards to accommodate Christians, but the reverse is never the same. To an average Christian, implementation of Sharia only amongst the faithful in an area constitutes a declaration of war, imagine. And these people want to call themselves our brothers...

there are areas in the country where sharia is practiced go there , live there and be a Muslim in peace

you are a Nigerian and are permitted to live anywhere within the territory of nigeria..
Muslims are not bending over for Christians.. its a lie, give us examples..

but we will not let ourselves be subjected to persecution under the guise of Islamic sharia... we didn't ask anyone to bend over for us .. we just want to live in peace
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by iyapont: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
BeansAndBread:
We're coming for other SW states too grin grin
save yourself a your people from fulani first, they have Conquered you grin grin grin
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
Demmzy15:
In your tiny head now, you've made sense. Ode!

Now have you learnt any new method of blowing people up? Your long bearded imam should have the latest suicide bombing technique on his phone. So, hurry up to your islamiyya and learn quickly you absolute braindead dimwit.
Re: Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlyDev:

This ibo man should rest, this is bigger than you

I take that as "I don't have any point, so let me divert". Thanks for showing your arse, by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Man Could Be Minister Of Justice When A Certain Man Becomes President / This Is Not Tinubu. It Is Fakenews :) / Peter Obi: The Experts In Election Rigging Have Removed INEC ICT Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.