Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,614 members, 7,840,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) (49537 Views)

Which Exam Got You Smiling Like This? [photo] / 5 Secondary School Students Promise Not To Get Pregnant Till They Graduate. PICS / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by thatsleepboy1: 10:24am On Mar 12, 2022
Ogun house Red (My house alias Aje's house)

Benue house Yellow alias Benene Coined by Aje

Ethiope house Blue (Mallam Yusuf's house)

Niger house Green

If you know these houses, we went to the same school
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by udemzyudex(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2022
Blue house.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Themandator: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2022
Mrxawe:
In every secondary school interhouse sports.. yellow house always have all the resources and manpower but somehow always come last ..

If you no experience this for your secondary school, you no go secondary school for 9ja be that.

Na so the thing be for my yellow house those days for Urhobo Collage Effurun

Can't remember whether we had names for the houses like Ejaife house or something
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by CodedHustler: 10:35am On Mar 12, 2022
Mine was a bit different.

While growing up in my primary and secondary school days, yellow house do take last position but in the school I taught I was placed in yellow house. For the first time in their 6th annual inter-house sport, we took third but yesterday Friday, which was their 7th annual inter-house sport, Yellow House took first position.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by BabaIbo: 10:37am On Mar 12, 2022
Senomii:

Yes, him go dey piss untop bed by now
Abeg na joke o

Bad shild, why you go involve piss for this matter? cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Kaffytiamiyu(f): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2022
Ina ni danger ko se fi owo kan
Guess my house
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by wallarwallar(m): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria don reset person brain can't even remember wetin happen 4 Secondary shool again.

1 Like

Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Elimon(m): 10:46am On Mar 12, 2022
I went to a private school and I was in pink house... We had talented athletes and dancers. More importantly my crush was in the same house. Even tho I didn't do anything on that day. We came first and the rest is history.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by kushercain: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2022
KingDash:
i never did this in school... thank God for London private schools

What are you thanking God for? This an awesome child growing up experience dude. So next time stfo
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Britain4(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2022
White house then....
Refuse to participated in any sports due to my white polo
We came second
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Osasking: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Red House always win even clubs that wear red, Example Liverpool and Bayern Munich. We don't like to show off but always showcase a winning streak. Red house nor be your mate cheesy
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Chuzoetoh(m): 11:04am On Mar 12, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I was a proud member of white house smiley

We have pretty girls among our group

And we use them to distract other groups except Blu house, those ones Sabi cause wahala tongue
for my school those days, white house na toilet ooo
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Triplerg: 11:12am On Mar 12, 2022
Slynation:
I swear...grin aeems like that yellow house is cursed grin I remember one of the biggest inter house spot we had in Amadu Bello way Stadium at Kaduna state with the then governor "Alhaji Ahmed Markrafi" in attendance with other dignitaries...Omo, we had all the manpower, but somehow fumbled all through the competition due to the one thing or the other...

But the biggest of all disappointments came during the 4 X 4 relay race, I mounted as the starter in lain 3, we had the best racers, I gave to the barton to my partner in our team, same process until it gets to our last speeder and we were taking the first position, he was almost at the finish line grin But Brethren...!! You can't believe our man came last, how he managed to loss control and fell down still remains a mystery to us even till tomorrow...grin we no believe am...grin

All the same, it was one of the best experience in secondary school...!!
Ahmadu Bello way no reach that stadium ooh
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2022
Fgc ohafia.. My Alma mater. ( Blue House)
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by dheolexaone(f): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2022
I angrily left the yellow house during my time to white house.

That yellow house then has a tie back destiny.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Zona123(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2022
Blue house in the house,
Ever since then I love everything blue including blues Chelsea FC.
Abeg blue is the color any day any time
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Slynation(m): 11:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Triplerg:
Ahmadu Bello way no reach that stadium ooh
shey na for the express we run abi?? grin I think the only problem here is I added "Way" Ahmadu Bello Stadium
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by spartachico(m): 11:38am On Mar 12, 2022
Cause wahala like Chelsea abi

Totilopussylick:
I was a proud member of white house smiley

We have pretty girls among our group

And we use them to distract other groups except Blu house, those ones Sabi cause wahala tongue
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Equal2DeTask(m): 11:44am On Mar 12, 2022
obiekunie01:
Blue house no dey ever disappoint.
cool
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by edoairways: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mrxawe:
In every secondary school interhouse sports.. yellow house always have all the resources and manpower but somehow always come last ..

If you no experience this for your secondary school, you no go secondary school for 9ja be that.
Assertion not correct
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by ajl: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mrxawe:

That was exactly our experience at Methodist Boys High School, Lagos. Each of our houses had names with colors. You know the school was initially a missionary school, and the names were British. I hope they have changed the names. Didsbury was green, Handsworth was blue, Kingsbridge was red, and Westminster, my house, was yellow. Coincidentally, for almost all the years I was at MBHS, Westminster, my house, was almost always last. I think it was only once we missed the last place. Didsbury (green) was often the top performer.

See the way British Methodist missionary wanted to turn our head upside down, gave British names to something in Nigeria. And for over hundred years as at when I attended, no one thought it right to change the names. Even after government took over missionary schools in Lagos.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by ajl: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
KingDash:
i never did this in school... thank God for London private schools

Kolo-mentality? You don't know what you missed.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by ajl: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
[quote author=lecturer50 post=110958844]Everything seems to get energy and destiny.

Throughout my primary school days, yellow house always came last in inter-house sports competitions.

No wonder scientists are speaking about dark matter.

This is an unseen energy which permeates and defines everything.

That's why things like repeating themselves because there is a force that defines and orders everything.

A man who is not handsome or rich may find that every where he goes, women are the ones asking him out.

But normally, such women don't ask men out but when they see him, they will just find themselves running after him.

That explains why things like repeating themselves to a particular person but not to other people.[misses.

My thought was in this direction as well because I know colours carry energy but not sure of the defining details.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by ajl: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by ajl: 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer50:
Everything seems to get energy and destiny.

Throughout my primary school days, yellow house always came last in inter-house sports competitions.

No wonder scientists are speaking about dark matter.

This is an unseen energy which permeates and defines everything.

That's why things like repeating themselves because there is a force that defines and orders everything.

A man who is not handsome or rich may find that every where he goes, women are the ones asking him out.

But normally, such women don't ask men out but when they see him, they will just find themselves running after him.

That explains why things like repeating themselves to a particular person but not to other people.

I was thinking in the same direction as well but not sure of the working details. I know colours carry their respective energies.

I just did a brief investigation using the Yoruba cosmology by trying to know the colours of the Orisas (deities). Interestingly, the Orisa that uses yellow colour has a female energy. Blue is for Yemoja which is androgynous (male and female energy). Red goes for ever powerful Sango. Esu also uses red. Sango and Esu are male energies. Ogun, the warlord, uses green, and its a male energy.

It now make sense why yellow houses often come last. Because yellow is for Oshun, a female deity, for love and fertility. Physical strength is not her specialty. But she is powerful in other areas.

In my high school days, blue house often came second and few times first. And the deity that use blue has both male and female energy. Yemaja is hermaphrodite.

I will say 70% of the times, blue house came first. Ogun who is male energy is extremely powerful and known for wars and likes. The ever elusive and tricky Esu uses red and black as colours.

It all make sense.
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by OnyennaE(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
I am proud of Green House
We call it Lily House
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Panda7(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
omoh!! na very important reason we dey go school that year oo and during games time too, during that period see freedom, girls dey cook, see bonding especially by girls and if u no participate expect ur house to carry last. na my important fun time out be that
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Venymen(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Yellow ikenga house all the way, kwalites
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by Venymen(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
porthouse7:
my yellow house Wey dey win inter house sport back to back
r u a kwalite
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by porthouse7(f): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Venymen:
r u a kwalite
I don't know any thing kwalite
Re: Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) by KingDash: 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
kushercain:

What are you thanking God for? This an awesome child growing up experience dude. So next time stfo
what value did it add into your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.