Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,720 members, 7,847,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:37 AM

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) (72022 Views)

Pepper Kpomo And Shaki With Vegetables / See The Meat Pie A Content Creator Bought In Ibadan - Photo / Bayelsa Residents Kill Crocodile, Share The Meat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Chijeep(m): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Truvelisback:
Why u dey lie like dis? U did go any market to get this meat this morning. I have seen this video abt 3 or 4 months ago online. U don't need to lie to prove ur point.
Doubting Thomas see am here...
Na una dey spoil dx country.
Ordinary to be OBIdient u no be cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kkins25(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
It might be worms oooo. Its good to check the meat before they start cutting for you.

Another reason its very important to wash your meat with salt or lime before cooking.
Not only meat, there are worms in some fishes too.

If you use salt to wash meat, make sure the level of water is very high. Salt doesn't really kill most germs, what it does is increase increase density of the water, which causes the parasitic cyst to float to the top.

So if you put salt and pick the meat from the water, you've not done anything. instead, discard the water. then repeat the process. However, Nothing is dying and you're simply reducing the parasitic load.

Lime is acidic, it wouldn't do anything. The parasite have already endured higher concentrations in the stomach. Lime is useless as many studies have shown. Unless you want to use it to flavour the meat.

The same thing applies to does of us who eat raw veggies.

However, the best preventive measure it to cook(supposing it's parasitic infestation and not pathogenic). After the washing, Boil the meat separately, discard the water, then cook normally.

I've seen how long and dangerous those filthy worms can be, since then, I've been watching how I eat veggies and meat. grin grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

I usually sprinkle some salt onto raw meats, leave them for some minutes before I wash, but I've observed they kinda harden up.

Its better than cooking the meat directly. It will soften inside the pot grin

Thanks nne.
I feel a bit better. Hahahaha cheesy

These people want us to stop eating afo anu. grin

They cannot stop our love for afo anu grin

2 Likes

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Truvelisback(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
Chijeep:

I know this video is true but u don't need to lie that u bought this meat this morning. I have seen this video over 4 to 5 months ago online even b4 u posted it here claiming u bought this meat this morning. Bro, u don't need to lie and claim what u didn't do. U could have posted the video and advise people to be careful of what they eat rather than claiming what u didn't do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
kkins25:

If you use salt to wash meat, make sure the level of water is very high. Salt doesn't really kill most germs, what it does is increase increase density of the water, which causes the parasitic cyst to float to the top.

So if you put salt and pick the meat from the water, you've not done anything. instead, discard the water. then repeat the process. However, Nothing is dying and you're simply reducing the parasitic load.

Lime is acidic, it wouldn't do anything. The parasite have already endured higher concentrations in the stomach. Lime is useless as many studies have shown. Unless you want to use it to flavour the meat.

The same thing applies to does of us who eat raw veggies.

However, the best preventive measure it to cook(supposing it's parasitic infestation and not pathogenic). After the washing, Boil the meat separately, discard the water, then cook normally.

I've seen how long and dangerous those filthy worms can be, since then, I've been watching how I eat veggies and meat. grin grin

Salt or lime has always worked for me.

Instead of throwing away the stock which adds flavour and taste to the food, why don't you soak the meat with white vinegar before washing. No germ will survive in it. White vinegar is also healthy for rinsing vegetables.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by techWriter3: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Your boyfriend's mother forwarded you to go buy meat for her on a Monday morning

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by MufasaLion: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
You're indirectly an errand boy for your girlfriend's mom? Such a disrespect and lack of self-esteem!

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by MufasaLion: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

So, you no fit go message for elders again? Na wah o!

This case is different. He was disrespected.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kingPhidel(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
I normally read last line of every write up. Na you make me go read first paragraph grin
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by galantjoe(m): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
I don't eat animal lever, heart, intestine, scrotum, vagina, kidney, etc. Because that are where infection are affected.

I eat only beef.

4 Likes

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Freezyhot(f): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I think you should be more concerned about what you wrote in your first paragraph

Lmao..!!! Such sarcasm... I pray he gets the message though!

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by UptownVibes(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
E sure me say you go mop her family hux after marriage. So,if you weren't close to the market, her mom won't buy meat abi? Na wah for you ooh.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by chigoziri2403(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2022
Freezyhot:

Lmao..!!! Such sarcasm... I pray he gets the message though!
I wonder if he really meant those words
It's shocking
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Chijeep(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
UptownVibes:
E sure me say you go mop her family hux after marriage. So,if you weren't close to the market, her mom won't buy meat abi? Na wah for you ooh.
So if am holding a glass of water and she ask 4 drink you will also ask me what if am not holding the water she won't drink.
Na your type dey do worse
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by favour32(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
If you dey stable financially avoid meat but if you dey manage meat good for you.
If you know you know.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by UptownVibes(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
Chijeep:

So if am holding a glass of water and she ask 4 drink you will also ask me what if am not holding the water she won't drink.
Na your type dey do worse
Guy I no be mumu for woman matter o.. No reason am.. This one you dey do,no be cup of water. No go let them dey use you do boy boy,cux you dey date their pikin my guy. Na from clap them for dey enter dance. Guy use your heàd. Cux u dey date her daughter, she dey send u msg go market. U dey buga,dey form son in-law.. Chai grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Creamypie(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
chigoziri2403:
he's the revised and completed version of a SIMP-le man
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by chigoziri2403(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
Creamypie:
he's the revised and completed version of a SIMP-le man
My brother,a perfect definition

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by YourFavorite21(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

They might not be worms o. Maybe tiny pieces of meat. undecided

So, okenya shie gi oshi ugbu a, I gahu a ga?
cheesy grin You must be from Abia state, I guess.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kkins25(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Salt or lime has always worked for me.

Instead of throwing away the stock which adds flavour and taste to the food, why don't you soak the meat with white vinegar before washing. No germ will survive in it. White vinegar is also healthy for rinsing vegetables.

Sorry ma, as a biologist and one who's project defense was about parasites, I must tell YOU, salt water or lime are useless against these parasites. If salt water never kill human, na parasite wey get more than 100time tougher "skin" e wan kee?? think am now.

Don't forget, the parasites in fish are coming from the sea which is also salt water. Get the point.

Saying lime works for you is the same way some ladies say drinking lime after coitus prevents pregnancy. it's just anecdotal.

You're most likely not eating your meat medium cooked, so there may be little reason to worry. But if you see beef like the one in the OP, don't chop... infestation is too much and cooking it inside volcano won't protect you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by kkins25(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
Chijeep:

OP, did you still buy the meat? If yes, then you don buy Parasite for mother-in-law to be that. Washing won't solve the problem. Cooking wouldn't solve it completely either.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Opoki(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2022
What you saw is normal, many of those animals are not well dewormed.

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Chijeep(m): 1:19am On Jul 19, 2022
kkins25:

OP, did you still buy the meat? If yes, then you don buy Parasite for mother-in-law to be that. Washing won't solve the problem. Cooking wouldn't solve it completely either.
No I didn't
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by LikeAking: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2022
Op, abeg next time post ya moda inlaw, no go dat kind mkt.

Infact end that relationship, her mum no get respect. She no knw are boundaries. No mata what she no suppose send u go mkt.

Try be a sharp guy, a little pride is not bad.

My advice, end the relationship. Your babe na dullings.

That family no get principles.

Wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by blaquebelle: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
We have animal production departments in most federal universities. Unfortunately most graduates are looking for white - collar jobs.
budaatum:
First thing a local cattle herder does with a sick cow is pray. If prayer fails he bleeds it, and if bleeding fails he calls a vet. If vet fails he calls a butcher who slaughters it and sells it for meat.

A dead sick cow is worth nothing while a butchered sick cow is bought cheap and sold in the market for full price. Unfortunately, buyers would be buying both the poison the vet fed it plus the poison the vet was trying to cure, which is why we Nigerians should consider buying our meat from university qualified ranch cattle rearers and butchers, instead of from illiterate cattle herders.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have not yet begun going to university to learn to rear cattle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by seanwilliam(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

So, you no fit go message for elders again? Na wah o!
I believe you’re joking
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by beardedboy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Chijeep:
Went to the market this morning, was sent by girlfriend's mother because my house is closer to the market. She sent me to help her buy some food stuff including meat that when I pass through her house she will give me the money as I use to take the path on my way to work.

I wanted to ask the meat seller but I thought I might not get a better info as she's the one selling.

So i use style to take the picture so i can ask people when i get home in the evening.
TO MY OWN OBSERVATION, I THINK IT'S WORMS BUT IF IT'S SHOULD BE WORMS THEN THE COW WOULD BE SUFFERING FROM A SICKNESS BEFORE BUTCHERING.
What's your take on this pls?
And should in case of next time can i buy such if I needed to buy intestines.

THANKS
I don't think I've ever seen a cow without those worms in it's gut.
I've always wanted to know what it's about.

EDIT

I've done some research and seems the name of these organisms is RUMEN FLUKE.

Adult rumen fluke look like small pink maggots on the surface of the rumen, whereas the immatures resemble tiny grains of rice on the mucosal surface of the intestine.
Source

If livestock is infected with stomach flukes, they are not contagious for humans, neither through contact, nor after consuming meat, milk or blood of contaminated animals. The same applies to pets. The reason is that Paramphistomum species are not parasitic for humans. Human paramphistomiasis is caused by other related stomach flukes, e.g. Gastrodiscoides hominis in Asia and Watsonius watsoni in Africa.
- Source

1 Like

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by RPG2020(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
chigoziri2403:

What you said there is more alarming than the maggots infested meat you bought

Do house boy get choice
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by Anaerobi(m): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
Lol.. haha. Cook, una go say no.

That meat is very well fresh and healthy...

Have seen it several times.
Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by gloryman91: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
GBEWUDANI OKUNRIN

3 Likes

Re: Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) by NastiLord: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
Dem don lock this one put for bottle throw key for river cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo / Antelope Killed Today For Easter / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.