Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi (2744 Views)

We All Must Have Heard Of Miss Koi Koi Or Lady Koi Koi / MADAM KOI KOI On Netflix / Madam Koi Koi: The MOST FEARED Woman In Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by AkuOlisa: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
If you have ever attended boarding school, or grew up in Eastern Nigeria you must have heard of the legend of
Madam Koi Koi.

Who was she? and how did she come about the name?
During my primary school in Onitsha in early 90s it was said that the woman who later came to be known as Madam Koi Koi was a fashionable teacher in one of the Federal Government Colleges – the exact one, no one knows – that her trademark fashion statement were lips painted blood red, which was equally matched with a pair of red-coloured high-heel shoes. They made the customary koi koi ka ka as she walked on the concrete floor to and from her classes.
But she was just as hostile, as she was fashionable. She beat students up at the slightest fault – usually hot slaps, rapping wooden rulers across their knuckles, or beating with a thin cane that had been soaked in a mixture of ogogoro and alligator pepper. Oh! How she was hated by students, who plotted to have her sacked. This they succeeded in doing when the PTA pressured the school authority to fire her after a certain student she slapped ruptured her eardrum, and whose parents were very influential.

As a result, she was relieved of her job though she was very bitter about it. Upon packing her belongings and making her way home – because she lived in the staff quarters, she was involved in an accident and died. But before she died, she vowed with her very last breath to avenge the ill done her. The affected girl was later withdrawn from the school by her parents, but Madam Koi Koi it seems has been on the hunt for her ever since – coming out only at night because her face was badly damaged in the accident, being a fashionable person.
And her hatred was not only reserved for the girl, but for every boarding house student – since they were the ones who plotted her sack, and whom to her are representative of the worst sort of students ever! Hence, students were enjoined to stay indoors at night after Lights Out – for that was the hour of her haunt.

But most people believe the legend of Madam Koi Koi was spun to keep students in bed after Lights Out , and deter them from wandering at night. But some students who are light sleepers swear that if you listen close enough, you can still hear the
koi koi koi click of this bitter, vengeful woman’s red heels on the concrete pavement as she seeks whom to devour.

Is this true?

Or it’s just another legend?

What do you think?

Cc Olawalebabs's. Richiez's. Fynestboi's

6 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by johnbd: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
cool
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by akwesenana: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
All na jonzing.
Studied at F.G.C Ikot Ekpene, dem no get wetin dem no tell us. Even sugar man dey, if you no keep your provisions well, e go follow the sugar enter your locker. grin

21 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by 7victor(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by trueking: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
I remember my cousin in FGC Gboko told us about this koikoi lady, but the story was different from the one up there.

It would make a good horror movie sha, like Carrie.

7 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by imiski(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2022
I swear!! I grew up in Porthacourt and I heard this story gave me chills then.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by onomeabuja: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
I school at command secondary school kaduna( boarding house)
And the story always got us scared then.

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Richy4(m): 12:38am On Aug 26, 2022
I heard of that as well but.. we know it only goes to the girls hostel to catwalk for them.. it doesn't come to boys... The one that sends chill down my spine was the bush baby story..

The way they tell the story, u won't even know that a bush baby was an animal and not a spirit. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by taretoofine(m): 1:16am On Aug 26, 2022
onomeabuja:
I school at command secondary school kaduna( boarding house)
And the story always got us scared then.
correct person
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by PedroEastman: 2:30am On Aug 26, 2022
G
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by general111(m): 5:08am On Aug 26, 2022
I heard about it too but i didnt experience it, eventhough it really scared the hell out of me that year.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by onomeabuja: 5:57am On Aug 26, 2022
taretoofine:
correct person
U na command breed my bro?

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by R2bees2: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Not just Madam Koi Koi, we heard stories of Ojuju Calabar
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by rex444(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2022
And they have not even acted a movie on that regards since they can't come up with a reasonable story line

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by beautyhd: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2022
There is an English movie that almost depicted your story @op, a horror movie that kept me at edge, I’m yet to remember the name.

Believe this story and then believe the Nigerian Indian football game that ended 99-1

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by rowland545(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2022
I attended a boarding sch in abj...we heard students cook this story up ..at some point we also cooked some of our own...it made sch fun

Scary fun
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Countersam(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2022
I schooled in FGC Odogbolu, and we heard the same myth. Lass Lass, why is the story so accurate as if it's coming from Koi Koi herself?
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by DanieleLorenzo: 8:12am On Aug 26, 2022
Richy4:
I heard of that as well but.. we know it only goes to the girls hostel to catwalk for them.. it doesn't come to boys... The one that sends chill down my spine was the bush baby story..

The way they tell the story, u won't even know that a bush baby was an animal and not a spirit. grin
I've heard that cry before.
FR.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Rastafryrice: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2022
akwesenana:
All na jonzing.
Studied at F.G.C Ikot Ekpene, dem no get wetin dem no tell us. Even sugar man dey, if you no keep your provisions well, e go follow the sugar enter your locker. grin
I swear, studied at FGC, ikot ekpene too
I hear all these things and na mostly people wey de JSS1
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by tuzle(m): 8:23am On Aug 26, 2022
This sounds like someone horror fantasy. We can make this into a novel or movie with so many ideas.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Richy4(m): 8:29am On Aug 26, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

I've heard that cry before.
FR.
grin cheesy smiley
Are you serious?..Are you sure it wasn't a neighbouring cat meowing grin
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by DanieleLorenzo: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Richy4:
grin cheesy smiley
Are you serious?..Are you sure it wasn't a neighbouring cat meowing grin
100%. It was back in my SSS2. I remember I was awake in the middle of the night preparing for exams when I heard it.

The previous day, I was arguing with a friend about the veracity of his claim that such things exist.

I had to wake him up to come witness it. grin

I still believe it was a galago, but I've never heard of another experience.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Richy4(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

100%. It was back in my SSS2. I remember I was awake in the middle of the night preparing for exams when I heard it.

The previous day, I was arguing with a friend about the veracity of his claim that such things exist.

I had to wake him up to come witness it. grin

It could be a school friend playing a prank on you guys..
maybe he must have heard your argument with your friend...And knows when you will be preparing to study cheesy.. it's not difficult to do...
In my secondary school days, every thing is possible... After all I learnt how to cook in boarding school, so playing some pranks is way too easy.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by DanieleLorenzo: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2022
Richy4:

It could be a school friend playing a prank on you guys..
maybe he must have heard your argument with your friend...And knows when you will be preparing to study cheesy.. it's not difficult to do...
grin grin
Our hostel was a storey building surround by bushes.

Who get mind climb stairs go play that kind prank, na im know. grin grin
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by akwesenana: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2022
Rastafryrice:

I swear, studied at FGC, ikot ekpene too
I hear all these things and na mostly people wey de JSS1
Wow. what set?
Going through your posts, you must've graduated between '16 to '18 right?
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Richy4(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

grin grin
Our hostel was a storey building surround by bushes.

Who get mind climb stairs go play that kind prank, na im know. grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Students can do anything just for fun honestly...
The prank I played was not that type though..

I was just a regular student that doesn't like trouble but I got bullied by senior students..
There was a day our school tap was running dry.. we got no water.. this senior just came from no where and hand me a cup to get him water... Make una see meOo... Senior there's no water every one knows that...

Before I could open my mouth to respond more just to substantiate my claims, he don commot belt to flog me..

Na so I just match straight to the boarder between male and female hostel.. there was a gutter there.. it has water that looks clean but some boys due urinate there some time.. I fetch am, carry giveAm.. he drank it..

As I grew old now, I felt bad but that time, as a JS2 student, I was happy.. I told my friends, they started doing it to some wicked seniors..

In my senior year, I didn't ask any one to get me water.. of course you know the reason grin

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by DanieleLorenzo: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin

I was just a regular student that doesn't like trouble but I got bullied by senior students..
There was a day our school tap was running dry.. we got no water.. this senior just came from no where and hand me a cup to get him water... Make una see meOo... Senior there's no water every one knows that...

Before I could open my mouth to respond more just to substantiate my claims, he don commot belt to flog me..

Na so I just match straight to the boarder between male and female hostel.. there was a gutter there.. it has water that looks clean but some boys due urinate there some time.. I fetch am, carry giveAm.. he drank it..

As I grew old now, I felt bad but that time, as a JS2 student, I was happy.. I told my friends, they started doing it to some wicked seniors..

In my senior year, I didn't ask any one to get me water.. of course you know the reason grin

Damn. grin grin

I laugh when I reminsce on my boarding school experiences, but back then, it wasn't funny at all.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2022
Lol..

what a time to be alive
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2022
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin

Lol....You wicked Sha, I somehow felt less of my self as a day student compared to my boardinghouse counterpart. But all that one na history. Na my pikin go attend am when the time reach.
Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Richy4(m): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2022
JimmySwaggart:

Lol....You wicked Sha, I somehow felt less of my self as a day student compared to my boardinghouse counterpart. But all that one na history. Na my pikin go attend am when the time reach.
smiley smiley smiley
Wetin I go do now, Make they gang beat me for wetin I no no?...We have to think on our feet to save ourselves as juniors...That was very very long time ago sha...

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by dandig(m): 11:24am On Aug 26, 2022
trueking:
I remember my cousin in FGC Gboko told us about this koikoi lady, but the story was different from the one up there.

It would make a good horror movie sha, like Carrie.
Nigeria should be advanced enough to pick these storylines and make movies... Koi koi and a movie on Fela kuti, the Biafra war, etc should sell

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Madam Koi Koi by Rastafryrice: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
akwesenana:

Wow. what set?
Going through your posts, you must've graduated between '16 to '18 right?
Yeah, Right
You nkor?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt 1863-1922) The Man Whom Port Harcourt Was Named After / Information Concerning University Of Nigeria's Predegree (nsukka) / The Poly Ibadan,,prob Photo Wont Upload For Postutme Reg: Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.