Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War (23944 Views)

Strike: Some ASUU Demands Can’t Be Met Now, Says FG / IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage / ASUU Threatens To Go On Strike, Says FG Is Reluctant To Implement The 2019 Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2022
michael807:
This is one of the most Important ASUU has show, them get mouth for we country
My Big thanks Go to ASUU Chairman You have done a lot
Nigeria student t should note this man r fighting for our Good in Nigeria
I really appreciate ASUU for all the effort so far
the System need to work

long Live Nigeria
long Live ASUU
long Live Federal republic of Nigeria

This one na ASUU member claiming to be a Student. We Nigerians are solidly behind FG. Make the useless ASUU go fvck themselves. A very corrupt and lazy entity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by obontami: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

This one na ASUU member claiming to be a Student. We Nigerians are solidly behind FG. Make the useless ASUU go fvck themselves. A very corrupt and lazy entity.

your memes always crack me up! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by LORDCYPRESS(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Real Nigerian support FG. Those that supports ASUU are IPOB terrorist. grin

see how mess up and low ur IQ is.. So any body opposing and criticizing the wickedness of this govt is either opposition party or IPOB... Or ododuwa

Boy u hv to grow up...

Not everything is politics..

We are talking abt the future of nigeria..

Now let me ask you.... If the so call leaders are so confident in nigerian education..why cant they send thire children to the same public school Me and u attend??

Think deep my son

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

I have posted the strike memo before, I'm not interested in digging it up now.

ASUU declared total and comprehensive strike in their memo in February , and went further to clearly state that things like seminar work, research supervisions, basically all those things they claimed they have been doing during the period of the strike(when they learnt about no work no pay stance) should be put to a halt.
It was the number 5 item on the strike memo.

ASUU will lose the appeal, there are a lot of things to use against them. The fresh reports that emerged yesterday of them not submitting their audit reports for 5 years running is even enough to suspend the union temporarily at the least.

If ASUU want to go head on with FG in the legal route, then ASUU will lose woefully.

You Sabi book. grin

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by ammesidog: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:
try n b current and not just criticise blindly, FG has met more than 80% of their demand

Where did you get your facts from. Care to share
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by LORDCYPRESS(m): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2022
shortIGBOman:

so if you call Assu lazy and corrupt entity..

What about the house of reps. Speakers.,, senators. And even appointees of federal govt. That are sittting now doing noting and going home with jumbo salary and allowances...

But u are calling assu that are preparing the next generation lazy,,,,

u are a wonderful creature that need to be study.....

son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by wealthgoddess: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2022
GerogeI:

Strike is equivalent to resignation. The federal govt should employvnew staff if they can. Both Babangida and Abacha tried to and could not. You cannot replace Academics in bulk. Meanwhile while on strike, the best of the academics are leaving the country. When you finish with the strike, you will be left with the thirdclass products who went to upgrade with a masters degree.
I don't know your degree, nor the honors you graduated with but you are either a kid or not so smart person. To think that the British honors system is a measure of intelligence amounts to making mockery of your intelligence.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

ASUU should just be proscribed angry

SHUT UP!!! YOU ARE A CHRONIC IGNORAMUS.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by udemzyudex(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:
try n b current and not just criticise blindly, FG has met more than 80% of their demand

More than 80% you say?

Very funny.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by udemzyudex(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
the strike is as a result of the agreement in 2009 which pdp then in power reneged.
i guess APC was in power then.

How many times have they gone on strike under APC government?

What did they come to terms with before calling off the strike?
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2022
obontami:

your memes always crack me up! cheesy

You be correct Guy.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Johel(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2022
adenigga:

https://punchng.com/ASUU-appeals-ruling-says-FG-has-declared-war

ASUU is doing the right thing... federal government should invest more in education and pay teachers and lecturers reasonable salaries.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Na real war, they forget that ASUU has law professors, seems this strike will last till December.
FG is a big let down on education.
I pity our students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

ASUU problem at this point now is that they don't even want to think about forfeiting that 7 months salary.

Operation NO WORK NO PAY. Nigerians are solidly behind FG on this. Make ASUU go fvck themselves.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by udemzyudex(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

I have posted the strike memo before, I'm not interested in digging it up now.

ASUU declared total and comprehensive strike in their memo in February , and went further to clearly state that things like seminar work, research supervisions, basically all those things they claimed they have been doing during the period of the strike(when they learnt about no work no pay stance) should be put to a halt.
It was the number 5 item on the strike memo.

ASUU will lose the appeal, there are a lot of things to use against them. The fresh reports that emerged yesterday of them not submitting their audit reports for 5 years running is even enough to suspend the union temporarily at the least.

If ASUU want to go head on with FG in the legal route, then ASUU will lose woefully.

Are you a legal practitioner?
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 23, 2022
udemzyudex:

More than 80% you say?

Very funny.

Where are the facts to support your 80 percent theory.
Na lie Mohamed talk am abi?
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by udemzyudex(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2022
quentin06:

Where are the facts to support your 80 percent theory.
Na lie Mohamed talk am abi?

Dey try calm down ok,now you don go quote the wrong person.smh
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Traplord09: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:
FG is very foolish I must say

Lawsuit abi... Lawyer are SCAm
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by emaoke7: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2022
gassbee:

This is totally not correct.
FG is only deceiving the public
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2022
LORDCYPRESS:

see how mess up and low ur IQ is.. So any body opposing and criticizing the wickedness of this govt is either opposition party or IPOB... Or ododuwa

Boy u hv to grow up...

Not everything is politics..

We are talking abt the future of nigeria..

Now let me ask you.... If the so call leaders are so confident in nigerian education..why cant they send thire children to the same public school Me and u attend??

Think deep my son

I repeat, all those supporting ASUU are IPOB terrorist. If the thing pain you too well, locate the nearest Tr*nsformer.

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by shortIGBOman: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2022
LORDCYPRESS:

so if you call Assu lazy and corrupt entity..

What about the house of reps. Speakers.,, senators. And even appointees of federal govt. That are sittting now doing noting and going home with jumbo salary and allowances...

But u are calling assu that are preparing the next generation lazy,,,,

u are a wonderful creature that need to be study.....

son

Who stopped you from joining politics?

Fvck ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Gkemz: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2022
I'm tired of hearing about ASUU strike. A set of greedy lecturers who care nothing about students other than their selfish demands. If they like let them complete the strike one year. More reasons the body has to be disbanded.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by broadman20: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2022
fasho01:
If there's anyone declaring war, it's ASUU declaring war on the Nigerian students

You must be a Tinubu supporter because it is only Tinubu supporters that looks stupid when they talk.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by TenQ: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2022
slivertongue:
ASUU has lost my sympathy. They should go back to work
After that the problems would be solved abi!?

1. FG signed agreement with ASUU in 2009
2. FG renegated on the agreement and renegotiated in 2014
3. FG renegated and then renegotiated the agreement in 2020

This is 2022, the same FG is crying wolf and people who do not understand are taking sides without looking at issues on ground.

Who has the blame!?
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by uuzba(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2022
collinsy2:
Sad situation. Just wondering how it is that this can't be speedily resolved!
Govt is basically saying, "educated people can get out".
This country gets foreign exchange $$$ by exporting crude oil.
Nigerian Educated people are not the ones selling the crude oil or any other negotiation. So they're basically useless to the nations wealth.
Education in Nigeria is just something the government is reluctantly forced to spend money upon and they are tired.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by senteugene: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2022
When two elephants fight... The grass suffers
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Channel54: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2022
This will linger the strike further, it may even take half of next year to resolve this imbroglio
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Voldoz: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2022
FG are not serious at all but ASUU fighting FG for 7 months salary is wrong that's something they should've peacefully negotiated not force on FG. As for the court decision if you understand it, it's the right decision.

If indeed FG hasn't met some of their demands then the court would've over turned FG's case but they have met some demands to a point ASUU should've called the strike off according to the constitution but ASUU didn't maybe due to lack of trust and that's why FG pounce on the opportunity and sue them to court.

Mind you they is no winner in that case the judge only followed the constitution which compelled ASUU to call off the strike as the case is in Court that's all.

The Senates and Reps can easily pressurize FG to fulfill ASUU demands, for me I don't know what and what has been negotiated cause both sides are not saying 100% truth.

For that 7 months salary ASUU should use wisdom and not brute force.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by Emman08: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2022
rusher14:

Shut up mumu.

Is there anything ASUU can do wrong to you?

For you it is about Politics.

I keep asking why are state universities functioning even as the lecturers there get paid less?

How come private universities which also pay less to their lecturers are in operation?

If you are so concerned about Tertiary education why are you paying 150k per term for your 6 year old yet you would fight government once they increase tuition in universities above 40k?

HYPOCRITES.

Don't be a fuckïng idiot. Since you're too dumb to make an argument without throwing insults. This adminstration campaigned and made promises about education and universities. How many have been fulfilled? Are they accountable?

But you're too DAFT. You're the type who start foaming at the mouth when you perceive any criticism at the crooks you idolise.
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by biafranrealson: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Should they go back on an empty stomach, it is the same as being is strike , cause they will just come to class for gisting
Re: ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War by AAA593: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

UTAS failed the integrity test in the newly submitted report by NITDA.
ASUU will likely lose the appeal, at that point FG won't even be obliged to pay any percentage of these 7 months arrears.
Where you expecting UTAS to pass NITDA (FG/Ngige) test?
I laff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professors Oladiji, Ogunsola & Olatunji-Bello (Photo) / IPPIS: Ten Reasons Why Lecturers Did Not Register On The IPPIS Platform / PHOTO: Public Schools In Kano Flooded Days After First Heavy Downpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.