Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,700 members, 7,840,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers (24094 Views)

Governor Soludo Bans Bet9ja, Nairabet, Other Gambling Services, In Anambra / Bandits Impose Levies On Sokoto Communities, Issue Ultimatum For Payment / Oyo State Introduces Levies On Churches, Mosques, Businesses For Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by guru90: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
This one accepted.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by broadman20: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:
Alaba boys and other Igbo business men need to relocate back to the yeast to help Solodu raise Anambra IGR.

Imagine Alaba market alone contributes 75% of all Lagos IGR which stands at over #700bn naira annually.

The Developers need to go back to their roots and turn Alaigbo into the envy of the world.

Start parking.

Don't worry you will cry blood very soon when jungle go mature.

Na so we the laugh Asians products years ago, but now the are the WORK SHOP of the world.

Democracy is still developing in our country and you have started laughing to early.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:
Alaba boys and other Igbo business men need to relocate back to the yeast to help Solodu raise Anambra IGR.

Imagine Alaba market alone contributes 75% of all Lagos IGR which stands at over #700bn naira annually.

The Developers need to go back to their roots and turn Alaigbo into the envy of the world.

Start parking.

And Tinubu relocates to Iragbiji in Osun State to help the dancing Senator.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Monaco
British virgin islands?
Do you want to know how Monaco became wealthy? How about BVI?

How much can you gain from taxation really? Think the alternative. Let's say, the state is the safest state in the East of in Nigeria. Imagine that for a minute. The influx of gains? The development?

You can tax but the investors need to be masterfully enticed to bring their money into the state. out of 36 states including Abuja, you must gimme a reason why I should bring my business to your state. If not, everyone will remain Abuja and Lagos. Anambra must create something ideally unique that other states cannot replicate in a long time.

I know that they have this market already so I am not talking of that. Industrialization cos all I see are empty houses. The occupiers are not the investors those are labors or reapers.

Let me break this down to you. What do you need tax for? To develop your state. If I come to develop it for you, why should I pay tax? You get what you want (development) and I get likewise. What more do you get? Creation of jobs. Rise in demands. What do you do? Tax the market and I will indirectly pay tax. Tax must be evasive to create.
owobokiri:

Dubai is a tax heaven because they have alternative sources of income from Oil and gas. Anambra only depends on these taxes since the federal government has become a fulani property and has cornered all lucrative sectors of the economy. So Soludo must tax but must tax intelligently..
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by maduxs: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Very reasonable.

How can wheel barrow pusher, hawkers be tasked at first angry

I've not seen such anywhere before
come to Lagos and see taxations
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by RealBae: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

Start parking.

Ehuu!!!
Your type go survive in Lagos without Igbo’s?

Bigot!

When last did you visit your state? Is Lagos your state of origin , claiming Lagos as if na your papa get am whereas potopoto don help you colour your village house
Taaaar!
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Nickymezor(f): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nice one my able Governor... kiss

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Auskyd(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

Anambra should legaluxe baby factories .

There is a huge revenue to tap from that sector.

What do you think?

Should Solodu legalize baby factories and tax each sale at 30% rate inclusive of VAT?

Operators can obtain a licence at a flat rate which will include having 6 breeding sows. additional sows will attract an additional fee per sow.

What do you think?

Buffoon lmao
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Goodson15: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Alaba market need to have Extension in ANAMBRA,Anambra Govt needs to give them a very massive land,for the future. lagos is congested already
OneEyedSnake:

Start parking.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Gkemz: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
See as shop owners will resort to street trading with this ban.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Cabonylewis(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Solution Is Here
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by geemd434: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

Start parking.

Mumu like you.... Why not tell the fulani who heads all the ports in Lagos and all the airport in Lagos and major industries in Lagos to go home.... Oh I forgot, the relationship is between a master and a s.lave

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
owobokiri:
Soludo has to be very careful with his tax policy.
He needs all the cash that he can get to prosecute his projects but a heightened load of taxes will risk alienating him from the masses. Obviously, Anambra needs to jack up her IGR. But phasing in some of these increases in a very skillful way should be the way to forward. Too much changes that burdens the population can elicit angry reactions. And he should stop the security agencies from killing Igbo youths in the name of fighting for the Unity of Nigeria! Unity gbakwaa ôkû dia.. Unless they're criminals, otherwise no Igbo youth should be killed to keep this monumental disaster of a country running..
Most of all these taxes are being hijacked by unscrupulous elements, he has to break that system first

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by chinwuba7: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
God bless you sir.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by owobokiri(m): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Monaco
British virgin islands?
Do you want to know how Monaco became wealthy? How about BVI?

How much can you gain from taxation really? Think the alternative. Let's say, the state is the safest state in the East of in Nigeria. Imagine that for a minute. The influx of gains? The development?

You can tax but the investors need to be masterfully enticed to bring their money into the state. out of 36 states including Abuja, you must gimme a reason why I should bring my business to your state. If not, everyone will remain Abuja and Lagos. Anambra must create something ideally unique that other states cannot replicate in a long time.

I know that they have this market already so I am not talking of that. Industrialization cos all I see are empty houses. The occupiers are not the investors those are labors or reapers.

Let me break this down to you. What do you need tax for? To develop your state. If I come to develop it for you, why should I pay tax? You get what you want (development) and I get likewise. What more do you get? Creation of jobs. Rise in demands. What do you do? Tax the market and I will indirectly pay tax. Tax must be evasive to create.
I totally understand the plank of your argument, But I like to be particular with my opinions. We can not be transporting the Dubai and Monaco examples to Anambra State, when Anambras economic outlook almost totally depends on federal governments retrogressive policies. Unless you are talking about Nigeria as a whole. Otherwise, even if the states remove taxes, there are still federal taxes to pay for any investors. There are still endless infastructure problems to worry about, whether it's bad roads, administrative bottlenecks, endless police checkpoints, energy issues and all. When you move out of Lagos and few other privileged states, these realities start to be intimidating. These are the mismanaged areas that are largely in the hands of authorities above the state governments. .., and these are the factors hindering greater investments in the states and if those investments are not coming, states have to find ways to bankroll their projects . That's where taxes come in.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by uche393: 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

Start parking.
we will take you guys serious when you get oduduwa, as long as Nigeria exists you can't do nothing. the best Lagos government will do is to make Lagos a hostile environment which will not favor Lagos.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by jessylaurel(f): 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by shuttox: 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Bluntguy:
Anambra government is synonymous with good governance.
big lies
He stopped agberos but later reversed
Bad governance
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by holysaint1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Very reasonable.

Come to Lagos and see it with your korokoro eyes.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Sixfiguresmart(m): 5:35am On Oct 27, 2022
owobokiri:

I totally understand the plank of your argument, But I like to be particular with my opinions. We can not be transporting the Dubai and Monaco examples to Anambra State, when Anambras economic outlook almost totally depends on federal governments retrogressive policies. Unless you are talking about Nigeria as a whole. Otherwise, even if the states remove taxes, there are still federal taxes to pay for any investors. There are still endless infastructure problems to worry about, whether it's bad roads, administrative bottlenecks, endless police checkpoints, energy issues and all. When you move out of Lagos and few other privileged states, these realities start to be intimidating. These are the mismanaged areas that are largely in the hands of authorities above the state governments. .., and these are the factors hindering greater investments in the states and if those investments are not coming, states have to find ways to bankroll their projects . That's where taxes come in.
Great points undoubtedly.

Nevertheless, this is where we have been and will continue to be when we do not think outside the box. Without an adventurous move, there will be no headway. The state will remain in stagnant water.

There are many loopholes that investors can take advantage of like tax avoidance, a system thay legally allows an entity to evade momentuous taxes. CIT in Nigeria is 30% which is higher than many notable countries.

I want you to understand that the current taxation in Anambra is majorly on individuals which brings in little cos' they do not have a large income margin. The contribution to the economy is incredibly minimal and that is why an investor who knows his gain with invest a sizable capital to match risks and contingency.

No bad roads, bottlenecks, or checkpoints can deter shell from rigging. They match their investments to the output. We can apply the same system here. All the hurdles can be overcome nice and easy. Investors can accept to build a road if there will be returns or exchange for tax leniency since Nigerian government curreny offers tax incentives for investors.

You are absolutely right bro but I am thinking how to enforce an oriental change in the status quo.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by owobokiri(m): 5:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Great points undoubtedly.

Nevertheless, this is where we have been and will continue to be when we do not think outside the box. Without an adventurous move, there will be no headway. The state will remain in stagnant water.

There are many loopholes that investors can take advantage of like tax avoidance, a system thay legally allows an entity to evade momentuous taxes. CIT in Nigeria is 30% which is higher than many notable countries.

I want you to understand that the current taxation in Anambra is majorly on individuals which brings in little cos' they do not have a large income margin. The contribution to the economy is incredibly minimal and that is why an investor who knows his gain with invest a sizable capital to match risks and contingency.

No bad roads, bottlenecks, or checkpoints can deter shell from rigging. They match their investments to the output. We can apply the same system here. All the hurdles can be overcome nice and easy. Investors can accept to build a road if there will be returns or exchange for tax leniency since Nigerian government curreny offers tax incentives for investors.

You are absolutely right bro but I am thinking how to enforce an oriental change in the status quo.
Great points..

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by EagleNest(m): 5:59am On Oct 27, 2022
Anything to empower the poorest of the society is welcomed. The light of the Nation.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Raymond247(m): 6:02am On Oct 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Onliie(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2022
welcome development
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Adgraced: 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Very reasonable.

You need to come to Lagos markets to see enough. Even poor women helping shoppers to carry their purchases on their heads are being levied by those Agberos.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by JAGS001(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
Wow that's a great development
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
This is not the lefelendum they asked for, hope he will also tax money ritualists too. cool
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
VERY GOOOOD ANAMBRA IS NOW WORKING TIME TO RETURN BACK H... grin grin
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by Prazefulsoul(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
God bless you sir. Not some governors that will want to take from people struggling with their work
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by galantjoe(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2022
Soludo di confused
He imposes today and disposes same tommorow. Why he reasons well before imposition.
Re: Soludo Bans Levies On Wheelbarrow Pushers, Hawkers, Vulcanizers by whofoolwho: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

Start parking.
Good just like Lagos government that collects levy from beggers.just in the name of increasing IGR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[video]: Duped SURE-P Employees Protest In Lagos / It’s Wrong To Exclude South East From NASS Leadership, Says Yakassai / Prince Of Ile-Ife Barrister Adedamola Aderemi Spotted With Gov. El-Rufai(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.