Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,172 members, 7,839,000 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland (34078 Views)

Monifa Phillip, Black Woman Graduate From University Of Glasgow, PhD In Physics / MC Oluomo's Twin Children Graduate From University Of Atlanta, Georgia. Photos / Nigerian Twins, Nicole And Niole Graduate From University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by OLULAW: 1:51am On Nov 20, 2022
VULCAN:
I can smell Jealousy.

If you had studied at a better one you wouldn't have knocked this one.

People ahead of you rarely turn back to hit at your achievements. It's almost always people who don't have what you have.

God will lift you up.

Say Amen

Stop being naive, and stop making unverifiable categorical claims about me. You know nothing about my academic attainments. That said, I backed my claim with evidence which is herewith attached again. And, I repeat, UWS is the third from the bottom of all UK universities. I don't need your prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Powersurge: 3:15am On Nov 20, 2022
Munamoqel:
why are oyinbos not piling up degrees ? This the unanswered question

They don't need lt. Solve just one problem and be a master at it. That's their approach. Our own na to accumulate pali to get job.
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by AntiWailer: 3:25am On Nov 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Congratulations to them

They should thank their stars that they didn't offered BAT 101. I don't think any of them would've been able to scale through, because one needs the gift of understanding the tongues of demons to understand the course.

'they didn't really offered'

Eleeebo Ossshi
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by BluntCrazeMan: 3:25am On Nov 20, 2022
nlfpmod:
Majority of the graduands of Master of Science Project Management from University of the West of Scotland are Nigerians.

Sharing list of the graduands, Twitter user, Babatunde Koiki, wrote:

https://twitter.com/BabatundeKoiki/status/1593676674893336576?t=bFuzZOSYkb9pOuHWxDRQPw&s=08
How many of us are remaining in Nigeria??

We don run commot finish oo
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by emmaodet: 5:00am On Nov 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Congratulations to them

They should thank their stars that they didn't offered BAT 101. I don't think any of them would've been able to scale through, because one needs the gift of understanding the tongues of demons to understand the course.

grin
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by AutoRedux: 7:06am On Nov 20, 2022
diplomat058:

Lol they are "breeding like pigs" yet you don't see them as economic refugees in other regions of the country; in fact, their region is the most prosperous and developed. I don't know your people but they must be behind the Yorùbá as long as they are African lol

Shattap there. Go and check the best graduating English student from UI this year, na Igbo girl. And there has been so many Igbos who came tops in Yoruba populated Universities as both departmental and overall best graduating students. That shows we are better than you afonjas, hands down. At your own games. We still trump and dominate you guys. The yorubas live their lives to be subservient to Igbos and there’s nothing you can do about it. grin grin
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Regex: 7:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Munamoqel:

It is very much answered. All one needs in the UK to survive is just a college degree and you will get jobs a masters holder will bribe to get in Nigeria. The reason immigrants go to school in any country they choose is to be able to ascimiliate into such country, to be able to naturalise there. A lot of countries will not present such opportunity on tourism visa. For one to naturalise, one has to show the country that he/she is not a burden or deadweight but can contribute to the growth of thr country via paying tax.

When they say, education is the key, it for these immigrants the phrase was coined.
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Munamoqel: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2022
Regex:

It is very much answered. All one needs in the UK to survive is just a college degree and you will get jobs a masters holder will bribe to get in Nigeria. The reason immigrants go to school in any country they choose is to be able to ascimiliate into such country, to be able to naturalise there. A lot of countries will not present such opportunity on tourism visa. For one to naturalise, one has to show the country that he/she is not a burden or deadweight but can contribute to the growth of thr country via paying tax.

When they say, education is the key, it for these immigrants the phrase was coined.
whoa what a brilliant submission you make sense !
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by TheSameGuy(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2022
grin
BATified2023:
A typical Igbo person

If them no hate wetin them gain

If igbos can hate on d late queen,wetin remain wey dem no fit hate?

If hate is a tribe it will b Igbo n I believe igbo should b substituted for hate in d dictionary e.g

I Igbo going out at night

I Igbo noise
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Smartseanjon: 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
We are hiring caregivers/carers/social worker. Pay 35k/2weeks. Send CV to primecaregiverservice@gmail.com Lagos/Ogun resident only.
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Ijb11: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by ttmacoy: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
A big part of it is the school choice, we usually target the schools that focus on international students with relatively easier entry requirements as the goal is to get a visa to leave Nigeria. If you could get the data you will find that majority if Nigerian international students congregate around the lower ranked schools e.g. University if West of Scotland in this case is not exactly a well know school.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings

As can be seen here the University is 119 out of 121 Universities in the UK, the average British citizens aims for higher ranked universities so the lower ranked ones focus on desperate international students who need a way to japa.

Another reason is there is less obsession on degrees and certificates compared to Nigeria. There are jobs that require degrees but also other career choices that don't require degrees.

Munamoqel:
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by Munamoqel: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
ttmacoy:
A big part of it is the school choice, we usually target the schools that focus on international students with relatively easier entry requirements as the goal is to get a visa to leave Nigeria. If you could get the data you will find that majority if Nigerian international students congregate around the lower ranked schools e.g. University if West of Scotland in this case is not exactly a well know school.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings

As can be seen here the University is 119 out of 121 Universities in the UK, the average British citizens aims for higher ranked universities so the lower ranked ones focus on desperate international students who need a way to japa.

Another reason is there is less obsession on degrees and certificates compared to Nigeria. There are jobs that require degrees but also other career choices that don't require degrees.

is there advantage attending the top Universities by a Nigerian migrant .
Re: Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland by ttmacoy: 4:12am On Nov 22, 2022
Depends on what your goals are, but yes top schools open up more doors to get good jobs with higher chance of getting sponsored for a work visa.

I'll give you an example, I know someone doing MBA with placement at Northampton, if you compare to say an MBA from LBS to take an extreme case, the student from LBS will have employers visiting on campus and have opportunity to better jobs while the person I know at Northampton cannot even get a placement. They end up doing jobs that are not directly related to their degree to take advantage of post study worker and hopefully they can get a job that sponsors within the 2 years. Very different outcomes.

Having said that also very different input, the entry requirements are higher at the top ranked schools and if you look on nairaland people are always looking for schools that don't ask for GMAT etc., there's a price to pay for that. The top ranked schools are also more expensive but given the average Nigerian is just trying to japa they cannot afford those schools hence have to settle for the lower ranked cheaper schools with a bit relaxed entry requirements.

Another way to identify such schools is to search LinkedIn for their graduates and you can get a sense of where their graduates end up. You will find some of these lower ranked schools will have a lot of student profiles rather than graduates working good jobs. Another characteristic is when the school or class has more international students than local students so the class is populated with students from India, China, Nigeria etc, there's a reason why.

Update:
To add again the courses people do also matters. You will notice it's mostly international students who do these new courses like MSc in project management, I have worked as a project and program manager and I think these courses are just money grabs, you don't need to get an expensive MSc in project management to be a good project manager at all, and many of them don't open the doors students expect. You're better off going to a better university to study a different course relevant to the industry/area you're interested in and in get the PMP qualification as you gain experience.

I think many of these courses are gimmicky courses targeted at international students from India, Nigeria etc. who are desperate to leave their countries.

Munamoqel:
is there advantage attending the top Universities by a Nigerian migrant .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria / Novena University Students Locked Out Of School (Photos) / Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.