Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,210 members, 7,853,121 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba (15781 Views)

A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? / 200k Job In Enugu Or 200k In Lagos / 50k Career Job Or 200k No Time For Yourself Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Rheminx: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
It depends on alot of things.
1. Is the job in-line with your aspirations.
2. How old are you and are you married.
3. Is your safety and health jeopardise?
4. Possibility for trainings and growth.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by CallmeTrinity: 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
When there is no creativity in content the mods start making up rubbish to push

Sad indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by sorepco(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
Take the V.I. job as it will give you more exposure to high networth people!

By the way you did not say what the jobs entail..

[quote author=Rubyjade post=120241442][/quote]
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Aboguede(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
grin
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
First and foremost where do you live? Because if you live very far away from your workplace, Oluomo and his agberoe boys don open office for your head via Danfo drivers be that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by wickedLion: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2023
Lagos is not for you,,,,

slow slow no dey Lagos

Eko for show

Better go back to you side where you can tie wrapper to work in a bank

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by alizma: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=120241442][/quote] your proximity to the two jobs is not stated in your post, also you didn't state which of the job will help you build on your career and the possibility of performance base promotion in any of the jobs these things are required before one can properly advise on the two choices before you

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by adekennis(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2023
If you opt for the Abule Egba option let me know, I stay in Abule Egba. Trust me you would love it here. Many places to hangout, many road networks, 15mins drive to Airport without trafic. Easy access to Ikeja , Oshodi and other parts of Lagos. Easy access to Igando , Ikotun area too. Follow your mind .

Rubyjade

3 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by halfdollar: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=120241442][/quote]200k gross pay at abulengba
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by rafcrown(m): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
Abule Egba is closer to Egan.My newby area.VI will cost you more time and transport expenses to get there.Please consider the 2 companies and what they offer and career prospects etc .
Rubyjade:
Egan
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by wickedLion: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2023
adekennis:
If you opt for the Abule Egba option let me know, I stay in Abule Egba. Trust me you would love it here. Many places to hangout, many road networks, 15mins drive to Airport without trafic. Easy access to Ikeja , Oshodi and other parts of Lagos. Easy access to Igando , Ikotun area too. Follow your mind .

Rubyjade

Guy, you too sharp.....you stay at Abule Rgba and you can show HER around

O ti gbon ju....sodiq

kuku say you wan show her your room cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
It depends on the real you, it's all about Perspective.

If you're the one with Millionaire mindset, V.I is it.

Otherwise, Stay for Abule Egba, less stress and you'd get everything you want.

No use English set person up. Oga OP, reason your accommodation and transport first oo.. You might be spending close to 30k a month on Transportation. Everly, with 200k salary, you can not rent a place in VI na. So u go dey look within Ajah, lekki and ogombo side.

My opinion; Lagos is over-rated. Before you mention me, I don dey Lagos since 2020.

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by fkj950ax(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2023
Rubyjade:

There is not much information to use as a deciding factor in your post between Net Salary and Gross Salary since the deductions are statutory.
The Gross 200k will also be reduced further by deductions.
The Net 200k will be close or different by 20k to 30k.
Look at both jobs based on Company Type; Industry Type; and not necessarily Island vs Mainland.
An Aircraft Engineer is a better profession than an Insurance Marketer, but the Insurance Marketer's office can be in Banana Island-Lekki-VI, while the Aircraft Engineer's office is somewhere between Isolo-Oshodi-Ikeja.
I'd rather work at DHL, Isolo as Head HR than work in Philips Consulting as Head HR in Lagos Island.

6 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by twilliamx(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
More opportunities in v.i and you need to be around there to get it. But on a lighter note! Anambra will be a better place for you, I heard it's heavenly there all thanks to peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Psady(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
How is life in Egan? Very poor power supply.Anyway egan to abule egba will be less stressful but their are other factors stated up there u need to consider like HMO/gratuity/Bonus.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by seanwilliam(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
Abule Egba abeg
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Dirtyyansh: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2023
My advice is for you to take the company that offers HMO, 13th month salary, Pension and bonuses/commission.

That is my two cent.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
One Thing You Must Not Sell

Apostle Joshua Selman

Listen And Learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJpNu9AZFg
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by mayo47(m): 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2023
OP. Most important advice here

spice123:

It all depends on the following:
1 Career path. I don't know what you studied and also the position involved.

2. Benefits. Most companies don't give 13th month, HMO, Life insurance or even pension. So if I am to advice you, choose the one that have better benefit. Any company that have good benefit is well structured and there is assured career path.

3. Connections or network of professionals. You can research more on the companies to know their review or impact in the society. Glassdoor or any other site can help you find out the working condition of employees past or present.
Congratulations on your new job!
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by FireUpNow(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
Consider the distance from your place to work, the stress and transport then make your choice
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by sisisioge: 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2023
This is not how to decide since they are both in Lagos, you can choose measures to help alleviate the stress from the begining. You decide by considering:

1. The strength of the company itself. How big is each compared to the other. This will determine how much you will learn, grow on the job and actual total earnings will be. Forget gross, no be your total package be that. You need to consider training, staff bus, etc they give you as well.

2. The other benefits that come with the job....HMO, lunch, dress allowance, extended family education, etc

3. Their culture...their ways within the org. Nothing is as depressing as a toxic work environment. I had once left a job that paid me really well because it was extremely toxic.

4. Your growth potential. You dont want to be head of communications as a fresh graduate fa... small companies without structural strength will throw you on a job where you will be the one training yourself grin

Etc

One million years ago, a friend rejected an offer of 50k from his primary place of assignment in Ogun state as a fresh graduate to accept a 70k job in VI Lagos. 10yrs on, his mates that accepted the offer were doing 5 times better than him and he had moved to different companies earning less than 150k. His mistake was to look at the money alone, he failed to see that Lafarge and one small engineering company in VI are not in the same league. I wish you luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by nedekid: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
adekennis:

Rubyjade

"15mins drive to Airport without trafic. "

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Femich18(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
nedekid:

"15mins drive to Airport without trafic. "

grin grin grin grin
Don't mind him.
Even my house is 30 mins drive to Ikoyi without traffic grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Cutehector(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
200 gross in abule egba
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
Abule Egba hands down.
Get an accommodate the same place.

You save yourself 90% of Lagos stress.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=120241442][/quote]
VI all the way

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by OfficialP: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
lots of irrelevant and repetitive posts gracing front-page these days.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Ofemmanu1: 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

No use English set person up. Oga OP, reason your accommodation and transport first oo.. You might be spending close to 30k a month on Transportation. Everly, with 200k salary, you can not rent a place in VI na. So u go dey look within Ajah, lekki and ogombo side.

My opinion; Lagos is over-rated. Before you mention me, I don dey Lagos since 2020.

hehehehe..

Your last sentence got me.

Me?
I've been in Lagos since 1985.

I repeat, it's allabout mindset.
I've got friends that left Ogun state, Oyo state, Ekiti state etc for Lagos.
Even peeps from Mali, Guinea, Senegal, Ghana and rest of the world, they came to Lagos for a greener pastures and guess what?!

The ones with positive mindset struck Gold.

In another vein, if I have the opportunity to go to Yankee now, I'd go to where Only whites live, I don't wanna stay with the blacks, mixed or whatever, I want the White Label things.
So, it doesn't matter if I've got the funds to live next to Trump or not, what matters most is my Mindset.

We are different!

Some of us are like Superheroes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2023
Abulegba with no reservation. May Lagos favour you.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by NoToPile: 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
Rubyjade:
Egan

Abule egba is better to Egan if both companies are at par in terms of other benefits.

Proximity to work place is very important in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by gasparpisciotta: 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
We have enough IPOBians in Lagos already, one more will not make a difference.

Take the Abule Egba option based on rent, transportation, ease of access etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview / Training Programme Of 2016 Nigeria Police Recruitment For Successful Candidates / Save The Children Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.