Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,231 members, 7,853,197 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba (15782 Views)

A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? / 200k Job In Enugu Or 200k In Lagos / 50k Career Job Or 200k No Time For Yourself Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Ofemmanu1: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2023
nedekid:

"15mins drive to Airport without trafic. "

Yea, 15min to Local Airport without traffic is much.

On Jan 8,2023, i drove 8mins to Domestic Airport thru the BRT lane.
The taskforce with their Pickup-van could keep up cos I was cranked to a fifth gear.

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by ozone0801(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
Why not take the VI job, you'll likely get into a more better job soon, if you're within VI, compared to Abule egba. Opportunities abound in VI.
As for accomodation, find a cheap apartment to rent around, alapere, iyana oworo, new garage, gbagada ladylark etc or even ajah,. Sangotedo axis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Rrchrd(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
Abeg how does you people manage to get all these well pay jobs
Connect your brother nah
Make hunger no kill me

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Numerouno94(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Poor?! in what aspect?
Anyways, it depends..

For instance, I dazzle in Kogi with my Ashawo color Honda DC, on getting to Lagos last Christmas I realized nobody is checking me out anymore, Lagosian no send.

Friends later advised me to park the Honda, and drive a Toyota Venza during my stay instead.
I really wished to stay back but I've got unfinished business in Kogi.

Nobodys got a Venza or a luxury SUV in my Kogi area.

Kogi is a training ground for me to sharpen up, I can't stay here for long.

If I get a suitable offer in Lagos, I'd leave in the next 24hrs without looking back.

Lagos is a better place for me.

Sori for asking buh which part of Kogi do u stay? The state capital?
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
You don't think about this at all.

Net is better than gross na
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Ofemmanu1: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
Numerouno94:

Sori for asking buh which part of Kogi do u stay? The state capital?
Obajana, Kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Nnewison: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2023
Choose a job that gives you time for yourself,vi will take a toll on you,so Abule egba should be okay for now ,my opinion though I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by amedualiyu(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2023
Don't look at the stress you will face going to VI everyday. You can relocate to ease that. Look at the other opportunities in that location. VI, LEKKI & IKOYI control 70% of Lagos economy. Choose wisely!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2023
LZAA:
Net is after tax
Gross is before
Choose wisely
Yes.

3 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by mechanics(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2023
The gross pay is poor.

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Treassured: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
ScamHunter:
To keep your sanity in Lagos, avoid jobs that take you long distances, especially if there's no company car. My first two jobs gave me company cars. For the first I worked at Ikeja while living at Ketu estate. It was cool because I could leave the house at 7.30 am and come back by 6.00pm.

The second was at a place called Ikota, even with a new company car, only God saved me. I had to wake up by 3.30 am to hit the death trap called Third Mainland Bridge before 5.00am. Sometimes, I get home by 11.00pm. Ikota is on the way to Epe way beyond the island. Most times I feel sleepy while on wheels. Now, that is what you must never do: risking your life for money.

I suggest that you don't look at the money. Choose the job that has a better work condition and work environment. Better people to work with and prospect of giving you experience that you can leverage on to grow in a career or business. Good luck.

Wow Ikota Ibeju Lekki.

I can relate to that Sleeping On The Wheel Part.

Working on the Island while you stay on the Mainland Is one Hell of a Stress.

4 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Numerouno94(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Obajana, Kogi state.

Ok. I stay at the capital Lokoja. Enjoy ur stay boss.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by adekennis(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
wickedLion:

Guy, you too sharp.....you stay at Abule Rgba and you can show HER around

O ti gbon ju....sodiq

kuku say you wan show her your room cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Of course if he choose to come for Abule Egba, I would be glad to show him around.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by adekennis(m): 11:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
nedekid:

"15mins drive to Airport without trafic. "
Yeah beleive me but you have to leave the house by 5am.. if not u can spend 5hrs for journey of that 15mins
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by nedekid: 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
adekennis:
Yeah beleive me but you have to leave the house by 5am.. if not u can spend 5hrs for journey of that 15mins
Lol, exactly. Even by 5am, you still meet traffic towards the last fuel station before the airport Bridge.
Leave by 5.20am traffic has started building up towards Ile zik traffic light.
Leave by 6-7? Nna, by the time you get to airport Bridge, muscle pull would have held your leg from driving in traffic. grin

2 Likes

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by QuinModah(f): 2:55am On Jan 29, 2023
One is a paint company and the other is a conglomerate with presence in 12 African countries
NoToPile:

Abule egba is better to Egan if both companies are at par in terms of other benefits.

Proximity to work place is very important in Lagos.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by QuinModah(f): 2:58am On Jan 29, 2023
ozone0801:
Why not take the VI job, you'll likely get into a more better job soon, if you're within VI, compared to Abule egba. Opportunities abound in VI.
As for accomodation, find a cheap apartment to rent around, alapere, iyana oworo, new garage, gbagada ladylark etc or even ajah,. Sangotedo axis.
The cheapest is 400 for a standard self contained with every facilities, service charge inclusive
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by NoToPile: 5:23am On Jan 29, 2023
QuinModah:
One is a paint company and the other is a conglomerate with presence in 12 African countries

The paint company seems to be in abule egba.

The conglomerate will make sense oo but transportation costs and stress angry

Benefits nko, pension, hmo, allowances etc, which is better?

He should compare other factors too , I believe non of them are owned by Lebanese, Chinese or Indians right?

If he has to take to VI job he will have to move to at least orile/Costain side.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by toloohthegreat: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2023
You mean _MATERIALISTIC_ mindset. Nothing *millionairish* about it. Every smart, hardworking and focused person deserves and is expected to have a millionaire mindset. It is optimistic. Materialistic is devilish and myopic: hence... "The love of money...the root of evil"!

Ofemmanu1:
It depends on the real you, it's all about Perspective.

If you're the one with Millionaire mindset, V.I is it.

Otherwise, Stay for Abule Egba, less stress and you'd get everything you want.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by tonyson010(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2023
ednut1:
he say millionaire mindset. Like the elite in VI will welcome you into their circle with his 200k salary . As a new comer to lag go to Abule egba. You can rent a house nearby, but you can’t afford anywhere near VI with 200k

I think he might be referring to hook ups and other things since the OP is a female. VI can still open Ur eyes to other businesses....but it is down to industry.

it is better to start in abule egbe then grow into Lagos.
long distance work in Lagos is a killer.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by tonyson010(m): 11:05am On Jan 29, 2023
ScamHunter:
To keep your sanity in Lagos, avoid jobs that take you long distances, especially if there's no company car. My first two jobs gave me company cars. For the first I worked at Ikeja while living at Ketu estate. It was cool because I could leave the house at 7.30 am and come back by 6.00pm.

The second was at a place called Ikota, even with a new company car, only God saved me. I had to wake up by 3.30 am to hit the death trap called Third Mainland Bridge before 5.00am. Sometimes, I get home by 11.00pm. Ikota is on the way to Epe way beyond the island. Most times I feel sleepy while on wheels. Now, that is what you must never do: risking your life for money.

I suggest that you don't look at the money. Choose the job that has a better work condition and work environment. Better people to work with and prospect of giving you experience that you can leverage on to grow in a career or business. Good luck.

the stress, constant health breakdown and high chance of pickpockets.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by lavylilly: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2023
tonyson010:

the stress, constant health breakdown and high chance of pickpockets.
Are you talking from experience
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by lavylilly: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2023
NoToPile:

The paint company seems to be in abule egba.

The conglomerate will make sense oo but transportation costs and stress angry

Benefits nko, pension, hmo, allowances etc, which is better?

He should compare other factors too , I believe non of them are owned by Lebanese, Chinese or Indians right?

If he has to take to VI job he will have to move to at least orile/Costain side.
Why?
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by lavylilly: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2023
Treassured:

Wow Ikota Ibeju Lekki.

I can relate to that Sleeping On The Wheel Part.

Working on the Island while you stay on the Mainland Is one Hell of a Stress.
shocked
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by NoToPile: 8:36am On Jan 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Why?

They have a reputation for terrible labor habits.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by vicky2126(f): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2023
Pls fams,I need a secretarial work around abule egba,any opportunities are welcome,am a degree holder with 2 yrs experience help a sister
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Oyindamolah: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2023
info@empyrean.ng
vicky2126:
Pls fams,I need a secretarial work around abule egba,any opportunities are welcome,am a degree holder with 2 yrs experience help a sister
send your cv to the mail
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by tonyson010(m): 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2023
lavylilly:
Are you talking from experience

partly. the two time I spent almost 4hrs from festac to ikorodu in the nyt, I caught fever.

1 Like

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by lavylilly: 12:38am On Feb 02, 2023
tonyson010:

partly. the two time I spent almost 4hrs from festac to ikorodu in the nyt, I caught fever.
anything Island I don't subscribe to it
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by lavylilly: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
shocked
tonyson010:

Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Rubyjade: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2023
smiley
NoToPile:

Abule egba is better to Egan if both companies are at par in terms of other benefits.

Proximity to work place is very important in Lagos.
Re: 200k Net VI Or 200k Gross Abule Egba by Rubyjade: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2023
erico2k2:

VI all the way
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Training Programme Of 2016 Nigeria Police Recruitment For Successful Candidates / Save The Children Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.