Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,709 members, 7,847,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police (94261 Views)

Buhari Surmons All Service Chiefs Presides Over Security Briefing / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by senatordave1(m): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Tinubu had no choice than to appoint an Igbo man.

I’m sure the last thing he wants this early into his presidency is the noise of Igbos in ears screaming “marginalization”. Lol.

Buhari excluded the Igbos, not just in security appointments but in other areas including his utterances, but I’m sure it wasn’t as easy as he had thought it would be.

Maybe his calculation was that excluding Igbos from such appointments would break them and make them bend the knee and start supporting him but it rather heightened the antagonism of Igbos against him. He initially thought he could ignore it but I doubt if it tasted good in his mouth.

Tinubu wouldn’t want to toe same path.

Buhari is not intelligent so what did you expect? The best way for tinubu to get Igbo support or at least divide their votes is firstly to spoil them with appointments.secondly,getting their top politicians to decamp and siting more projects in the east plus releasing mnk towards election time...the main reason a lot of SS are now supporting apc is because of appointments and defections.my state crs had the highest number of appointments in ss while a lot of top politicians in aks and bayelsa joined apc.ill prefer tinubu concentrates those se appointments in imo,ebonyi and worst case abia as Enugu and anambra will never support apc
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by senatordave1(m): 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
fergie001:
Thank you, I still told him that if the person has capacity (my exact words) , no P. Taoreed is a verys enior officer.

Which course
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by AngelicBeing: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Creeper:

Thanks for the correction - I didn’t know that.

Is it the same Alani Akinrinade that ended up defeating Biafra with Alabi-Isama (I know OBJ got the credit), after Benjamin Adekunle was recalled to Lagos?
l think so wink
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Creeper: 11:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
AngelicBeing:
l think so wink

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by fergie001: 12:02am On Jun 20, 2023
senatordave1:

Which course
He is RC 39 like the Naval/Air Force men but the CDS is 38. That means some 38 officers will remain, others will say bye-bye.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2023
Creeper:

Thanks for the correction - I didn’t know that.

Is it the same Alani Akinrinade that ended up defeating Biafra with Alabi-Isama (I know OBJ got the credit), after Benjamin Adekunle was recalled to Lagos?

Yes. He was Chief of Army Staff for few months under Shagari and then moved to Chief of Defence Staff. He was the person that led war but being the second in command Obasanjo took the credit.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Creeper: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

Yes. He was Chief of Army Staff for few months under Shagari and then moved to Chief of Defence Staff. He was the person that led war but being the second in command Obasanjo took the credit.

Thanks, Sir.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by hybridblood07(m): 12:10am On Jun 20, 2023
Noted sir
osuofia2:

Work with those failures, you are evil
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by hybridblood07(m): 12:10am On Jun 20, 2023
No sir! Please explain sir
Gajagojo:
Do you know the meaning of the word WOULD
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by hybridblood07(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2023
Because that post is meant for a retired General. I would have preferred Dambazau Bello
Hope15:
I think they must have pushed his hands with their refusal to work with Ribadu as NSA. The man wants Ribadu in that post, and they were seeming a roadblock. Something has to give, right?

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by MeineMutter: 12:12am On Jun 20, 2023
blowjohn:
Omo!
This Tinubu no come play o.
Why does it feel like he's overworking?
So many things in just a few weeks.

Our civil service needs thorough cleansing, if we want to get things right in Nigeria.

They are corrupt to the bream. They drag us backwards.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2023
senatordave1:

Buhari is not intelligent so what did you expect? The best way for tinubu to get Igbo support or at least divide their votes is firstly to spoil them with appointments.secondly,getting their top politicians to decamp and siting more projects in the east plus releasing mnk towards election time...the main reason a lot of SS are now supporting apc is because of appointments and defections.my state crs had the highest number of appointments in ss while a lot of top politicians in aks and bayelsa joined apc.ill prefer tinubu concentrates those se appointments in imo,ebonyi and worst case abia as Enugu and anambra will never support apc

There is nothing Tinubu or Buhari can do for the IBOs that will make them support the Yorubas or Fulani, nothing. I spent 6 years in the University with them in IBO land. They harbour vendetta against Yorubas.

MKO Abiola pleaded with them, they refused. Look at the noise they are making over two Yoruba appointments, just COAS & IG they are making noise.

Abiola gave them Secretary to FGN, they refused. They said a Secretary is the person that serves his master tea in the office. As at that time, the Speaker of House of Reps is an IBO. They wanted VP and Speaker House of Reps while Yoruba gets nothing as it was under Shagari when Ekwueme was the VP and Ezeoke was the Speaker. The Yorubas have tolerated them.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by MeineMutter: 12:18am On Jun 20, 2023
Let us all remain Jegaed. Supplementary list will soon be pasted and we shall see those 3ribes’ names.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 20, 2023
MeineMutter:
Let us all remain Jegaed. Supplementary list will soon be pasted and we shall see those 3ribes’ names.

Then we shall compare them to all the appointments by Jonathan, Yaradua and Buhari.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 12:25am On Jun 20, 2023
senatordave1:

See, let me tell you something, like I’ve always told you, I am yet to see what Tinubu will do to get the support of Igbos. I’ve scratched my head but I can’t seem to find one.

And trying to divide Igbo votes is useless. It won’t work. Has never happened before and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Igbos are homogeneous people. We think alike, behave alike, like the same thing and always move in same direction. One candidate will always get our votes.

If Tinubu releases Nnamdi Kanu, it would be seen as a gimmick to curry our support. We would see it as deception and that’s why it would fall flat on its face.

Even if Tinubu succeeds in winning Obi over to his side, Obi would be ostracized as a sellout and that’s the day his popularity will die.

On a second thought, I think the only one for Igbos to start warming up to Tinubu is if he orders all his foot soldiers to stop all their anti-Igbo rhetorics. All the covert and overt attacks of Igbo businesses and interests, especially in Lagos, should seize with Tinubu issuing an address from heart to Igbos calling on them to shit their swords that he has realized the things he did wrong in the past against Igbos and is willing to make amends. Then lastly, all forms of attack on Igbos during elections should seize; with Igbos allowed to freely vote whoever they want.

If Tinubu can do the above, he will win the Igbos over. Anything else, would be a fruitless venture.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 12:37am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

There is nothing Tinubu or Buhari can do for the IBOs that will make them support the Yorubas or Fulani, nothing. I spent 6 years in the University with them in IBO land. They harbour vendetta against Yorubas.

MKO Abiola pleaded with them, they refused. Look at the noise they are making over two Yoruba appointments, just COAS & IG they are making noise.

Abiola gave them Secretary to FGN, they refused. They said a Secretary is the person that serves his master tea in the office. As at that time, the Speaker of House of Reps is an IBO. They wanted VP and Speaker House of Reps while Yoruba gets nothing as it was under Shagari when Ekwueme was the VP and Ezeoke was the Speaker. The Yorubas have tolerated them.
Lemme tell you something, something you don’t know, the Igbos have a way of relating with a person or a people.

The antagonism of Abiola by Igbos was not because he was Yoruba, no, it was because of his attitude towards Igbos prior to his contesting the presidency.

He is always alleged to have infamously claimed that he “can do without the Igbos.” Whether this is true or not is debatable but one thing I know is that the Igbos never accuse someone of doing what he didn’t do.

So, that was why Abiola got antagonism from Igbos who got infuriated that he said he can do without them.

I am telling you as an Igbo man that we don’t hate Yorubas. Take it from me. We just hate the ones that hate us and openly champion hatred against us.

Obasanjo fought in the Biafran War and participated in the massacre of thousands of Igbos but Igbos forgave him and made him their friend because Obasanjo showed genuine disposition towards reconciliation with Igbos and we understood that he was merely doing his job during the war.

The only problem with some of you is that you have never tried to understand us nor see things from our perspective. You stand afar and condemn us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Lemme tell you something, something you don’t know, the Igbos have a way of relating with a person or a people.

The antagonism of Abiola by Igbos was not because he was Yoruba, no, it was because of his attitude towards Igbos prior to his contesting the presidency.

He is always alleged to have infamously claimed that he “can do without the Igbos.” Whether this is true or not is debatable but one thing I know is that the Igbos never accuse someone of doing what he didn’t do.

So, that was why Abiola got antagonism from Igbos who got infuriated that he said he can do without them.

I am telling you as an Igbo man that we don’t hate Yorubas. Take it from me. We just hate the ones that hate us and openly champion hatred against us.

Obasanjo fought in the Biafran War and participated in the massacre of thousands of Igbos but Igbos forgave him and made him their friend because Obasanjo showed genuine disposition towards reconciliation with Igbos and we understood that he was merely doing his job during the war.

The only problem with some of you is that you have never tried to understand us nor see things from our perspective. You stand afar and condemn us.

When did Abiola made that statement? Was it after the IBOs rejected him or when he was not contesting for Presidency?

The IBOs did not forgive Obasanjo. It was because they have no choice. Alex Ekwueme supported by the IBOs created tension in Nigeria before the PDP primary for the 1999 election despite the North decision to allow OBJ to rule. Obasanjo was the only sitting President that participated in Primary for second term against Ekwueme. At the National Assembly, they are always in opposition to Yoruba cause.

It is now Obasanjo becomes god to the IBOs to challenge Tinubu. Without Okupe, Adebanjo and Obasanjo, OBI cannot get to where he is today.

I am not speaking from afar, I am speaking from personal experience. The IBOs can never support the Yoruba cause.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by engineerboat(m): 1:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Penguin2:

I told fergie001 that Tinubu was going to appoint a Yoruba man as COAS but he doubted me.

His argument was that Tinubu would appoint a northerner who would have hold of the army but I insisted it would be suicidal of Tinubu to hand the army to a northerner.

I do not think it’s tactical for any president to take the army away from his region. If I become the president tomorrow, my COAS might even come from my state😏.

Fergie001 though said HE doubted him Appointing SW, however he put Closing sentence of Someone with capacity that can control the Generals so it's too early to conclude that Last statement

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Global2000: 1:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Let's see how he will succeed with the same old style like Buhari.

DatIgalaDude:
The appointments reeks of nepotism.
Our leaders are all the same.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by greatestdestiny: 1:34am On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:
Ironically, all the Service Chiefs retired by Tinubu are younger than Tinubu.
Tinubu is a octogenarian claiming to be 71 in a false Affidavit of age.
Mahmood Yakubu had stolen the presidential election for Tinubu but Tinubu has a very short time as president of Nigeria.

Who speaks and it comes to pass when God has not spoken? Please rest!
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by greatestdestiny: 1:36am On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:
Baboon doesn't understand that he cannot undermine the influence of his country's 2nd largest ethnic group, the Igbo, and succeeds in apex political leadership of his country. Go to Daura and ask Buhari how far with his 5% declaration.

Na your father be baboon. Always quick to give names and also to tarnish not only a person image but even the nation's image. What an eyesore. Mtcheeeeeew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by greatestdestiny: 1:40am On Jun 20, 2023
juman:
Again none from north central.
As if we dont exist.

SGF is not enough right??🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by greatestdestiny: 1:49am On Jun 20, 2023
vicfajeze:
Walahi, dats the beginning of their downfall

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by rickleye: 1:51am On Jun 20, 2023
seborrhic:
As expected.
Swift and fast.
Hope he also sacked that useless NSA.
Though he won a fraudulent election this man's actions have been impressive,swift and fast.
Buhari would have sacked them and left the posts vacant for 6months at least.
P.S Ribadu NSA,wao!

That’s what you do not sack someone like Chelsea owner did and then start looking for their replacement.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by rafcrown(m): 1:58am On Jun 20, 2023
REAL IDAN
quickberry:
Idan😂
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by wegevv: 3:09am On Jun 20, 2023
Penguin2:

See, let me tell you something, like I’ve always told you, I am yet to see what Tinubu will do to get the support of Igbos. I’ve scratched my head but I can’t seem to find one.

And trying to divide Igbo votes is useless. It won’t work. Has never happened before and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Igbos are homogeneous people. We think alike, behave alike, like the same thing and always move in same direction. One candidate will always get our votes.

If Tinubu releases Nnamdi Kanu, it would be seen as a gimmick to curry our support. We would see it as deception and that’s why it would fall flat on its face.

Even if Tinubu succeeds in winning Obi over to his side, Obi would be ostracized as a sellout and that’s the day his popularity will die.

On a second thought, I think the only one for Igbos to start warming up to Tinubu is if he orders all his foot soldiers to stop all their anti-Igbo rhetorics. All the covert and overt attacks of Igbo businesses and interests, especially in Lagos, should seize with Tinubu issuing an address from heart to Igbos calling on them to shit their swords that he has realized the things he did wrong in the past against Igbos and is willing to make amends. Then lastly, all forms of attack on Igbos during elections should seize; with Igbos allowed to freely vote whoever they want.

If Tinubu can do the above, he will win the Igbos over. Anything else, would be a fruitless venture.

They should continue the rhetoric

If Peter Obi loses in court I doubt he will run again in 2027. Even an idealist like him knows he’d struggle to beat an incumbent Tinubu especially in a two party race.

In that case I’d bet good money that Tinubu’s main opposition in 2027 would be a northerner and if that northerner is formidable in the core north then the shift in tone of Tinubu’s foot soldiers towards the SE will be dramatic

By then it might be too little too late
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by soojar(m): 3:21am On Jun 20, 2023
ebenholer2:

He will be automatically promoted and that is the reality. If buhari can do and go scot free, it is high time for the north to know that power is not made for them only. You gerrit😀

It's a typo, it's Maj. Gen.

You think a Major can become CAS? Impossible, even during a military rule it's "impossicant"

We learn every day.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by AdesegunSanni89: 3:24am On Jun 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Fvck Igbos
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gbenga4ever1411: 3:49am On Jun 20, 2023
Make BAT no forget INEC chairman too o
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by juman(m): 3:51am On Jun 20, 2023
greatestdestiny:

SGF is not enough right??🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

This man fear God o.
National assembly hierarchy = no north central among them.
Military hierarchy = no north central among them also.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:27am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

When did Abiola made that statement? Was it after the IBOs rejected him or when he was not contesting for Presidency?

The IBOs did not forgive Obasanjo. It was because they have no choice. Alex Ekwueme supported by the IBOs created tension in Nigeria before the PDP primary for the 1999 election despite the North decision to allow OBJ to rule. Obasanjo was the only sitting President that participated in Primary for second term against Ekwueme. At the National Assembly, they are always in opposition to Yoruba cause.

It is now Obasanjo becomes god to the IBOs to challenge Tinubu. Without Okupe, Adebanjo and Obasanjo, OBI cannot get to where he is today.

I am not speaking from afar, I am speaking from personal experience. The IBOs can never support the Yoruba cause.

For your information, it's Igbo, not Ibo. Don't you guys have the brain to learn and retain or to even copy and paste?

Do you also spell/write Drogba as Droba; Igbobi as Ibobi, Gbagada as Bagada, Agbo as Abo, etc etc etc??

It doesn't matter what your language is or what alphabets you lack in your language.

Just learn to write and spell other people's words/names exactly the way they do in their various languages where the names/words originate from.

This nonsense by you tribalists has to stop!
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by itsene: 4:40am On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:
And so it begins. After the meeting with Grey beard, Baba Lagos declared war on the cabal.

Made Ribadu the NSA chief. What an insult. A police DIG to command military generals. NSA doesn't command anybody. He reports to the President directly

I laff😅🤣😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video / Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates / Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.