Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,699 members, 7,840,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals (54100 Views)

'Vanity Upon Vanity' - Pastor Tobi Shows Off Fleet Of Cars On His Birthday / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 12:42am On Sep 04, 2023
aswani:

Imagine that, 1 educational establishment and 6 churches yet we will blame politicians for the 'not so bright' state of the country.

Na we dey do ourself.

Abi o!
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 12:47am On Sep 04, 2023
killsmith:
Because Nigerian Christians are too gullible to see you as the cheap 419 that you are.

Abi
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 12:52am On Sep 04, 2023
TempleHouse:
What has the Church given back to the Congregation, the Masses, the Poor, the Widows

This looks like a profitable industry !!

Yet they don't want to be taxed!

What a Scam

If it looks like a scam, it is already a scam anyways!

1 Like

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 12:53am On Sep 04, 2023
APOSTLECHUMA:
THIS THIEF IS NOT AS BLESSED AS JESUS, WHO KNEW WHERE A FISH THAT SWALLOWED A COIN WAS, BUT JESUS DIDNT HAVE A DONKEY. THESE ARE THE THIEVES THAT ARE GIVING CHRISTIANITY BAD IMAGE. THEY KEEP TELLING THEIR FOLLOWERS THAT JESUS IS COMING AND KEEP STEALING THEM DRY AND ACQUIRING THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD WITH MONEY STOLEN FROM THEIR CONGREGATIONS. EARLY BELIEVERS WERE SO MUCH IN THE SPIRIT AND THOUGHT THAT JESUS WAS GOING TO COME IN THEIR TIME AND SOLD ALL THAT THEY HAD AND GAVE TO THE POOR, TO AVOID THOSE THINGS HINDERING THEM FROM SERVING GOD BUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHINGS, THE FALSE PROPHETS THAT BIBLE SPOKE ABOUT, THAT WILL RISE UP AND DECEIVE MANY IN THE ENDTIME ARE TELLING US THAT CHRIST IS COMING , WHILE THEY KEEP BUYING ESTATES ETC. IF CHRIST IS COMING, WHY BUY FLEET OF JETS WHEN WIDOWS GO WITHOUT FOOD IN YOUR LOCAL GOVT ? IF THIS CRIMINAL AND HIS LIKES NEARS THE GATE OF HEAVEN, GOD WILL BE UNFAIR TO EARLY BELIEVERS, WHO SOLD THEIR ALL TO SERVE HIM BETTER.

Exactly! At the last statement!
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 12:55am On Sep 04, 2023
blesdman:

The trend of people saying they are rich without producing anything or service is worrying. Crime or fraud seems to be the only thing that makes people rich in this country...

Exactly! For people to make money through hard work in this country these days seems consigned to the dustbin of history unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 1:01am On Sep 04, 2023
Edusouls:
Blackman is the most selfish, self centered and inhumane race God ever created

You can say that again!
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Wodu89: 3:58am On Sep 04, 2023
CHARLOE:

Where did d bible say pastors are Levites priests? Do u even know why d levite priests where allowed to collect tithes? Cos they had no inheritance/properties in Israel, unlike ur pastors.

Children
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Wodu89: 4:00am On Sep 04, 2023
yemi1504:

I paid but will never pay again!

No. You should pay tithes.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Porksupplyib: 4:01am On Sep 04, 2023
damoobaba:

Oga, if the multitude is NOT BENEFITTING ANYTHING, they'll not be running to the church talk less of remaining there. Its d 21st century and nobody can use jazz to tie down hundreds of thousands of adults in a place for several years. The church is NOT THE WORSHIPPERS' PROBLEM. The society put the people in problem which the church is only trying to help them find a solution to. The church is NOT COLLECTING TAX from worshippers, whatever you have you give, THATS ALL.

Yes the masses are benefiting a lot grin
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Porksupplyib: 4:07am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:
God blessed the church not an individual and if such is the case, should the sheep not partake of the corporate blessings ? Even in corporate entities, dividends are distributed vertically and horizontally. The board of directors do not end up becoming the beneficiary of corporate profits alone, No. The organization becomes more established as it benefits. Then, share holders benefits as well

When you belong to any church that emphasizes receiving and not giving back and is fast to say IT IS WELL WHEN YOU'RE IN A VERY BAD SITUATION over queries like what could be your needs, know that you're in an unhealthy church.

The kingdom of God is not dependent on any single individual. God will raise alternatives.an must be subject to God and submissive to The Holy spirit, not the other way around !

The tone of the church is "we" and "our", ND not "I" and "mine". Pastor Oyedepo has made it clear that The entire church and all its assets are his property. Nothing more nothing less

1 Like

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by daygee12: 5:18am On Sep 04, 2023
Abifarin16:

Has he not setup churches in other countries in Africa and the world like Paul who would write letters and visit the Thessalonian. Philippian churches and Ephesus. If preachers are not living in penury you guys are not happy.

If you don't like his Ministry and you are sure he is not doing it like Paul did, Do like Paul and stop criticizing.

Must they live luxurious lifestyle? U said he set up churches in Africa and tell me who owes those churches? Where are all the tithe and offerings channeled to? Do defend evil things take a minute and think what would Jesus or Paul do. Oyedepo is a very selfish man to the extent that he pushing his son to takeover
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by THMT: 6:34am On Sep 04, 2023
grandstar:

I will get back to you with a detailed answer

Alright, thanks.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Sprints3: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2023
Jackanda1:
Do you mean you're related to oyedepo? If so, has his family been able to benefit from his massive stream of wealth?
lol benefit fire, he go dey give nonsense covenant university Job. Where they will remove automatic tithe from your salary + prayer every 3 hours during the week and you must attend Sunday service. Over peanut. My sister worked there. Me wey no like Shiloh or excess prayer I no even reason thier employment. He is from Omu Aran Now. Though one of my brother attends his church I never see wetin he gained there. My Mum' brother who was his close ally for years before he retired at covenant uni. I no see wetin he gain he just dey Okay noni.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Wodu89: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2023
Sprints3:
lol benefit fire, he go dey give nonsense covenant university Job. Where they will remove automatic tithe from your salary + prayer every 3 hours during the week and you must attend Sunday service. Over peanut. My sister worked there. Me wey no like Shiloh or excess prayer I no even reason thier employment. He is from Omu Aran Now. Though one of my brother attends his church I never see wetin he gained there. My Mum' brother who was his close ally for years before he retired at covenant uni. I no see wetin he gain he just dey Okay noni.

There's alot of ways he does things that are contrary the popularity he has and isn't good at all. I chose not to go into details like you. But, mehn, my worst mistake in life is going to his church. My second worst mistake in life is spending so many years before getting my family out.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Franky9584(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2023
This can only happy in this country.
Na when tithe stop coming , then u will know....

Religion has done us more harm than good
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Sprints3: 8:13am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

There's alot of ways he does things that are contrary the popularity he has and isn't good at all. I chose not to go into details like you. But, mehn, my worst mistake in life is going to his church. My second worst mistake in life is spending so many years before getting my family out.
I do not hate him and neither like him. I appreciate his effort though in some certain aspects but my problem is these elite pastors are not doing enough to save Nigeria. They are all about tithing and prosperity.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Wodu89: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2023
Sprints3:
I do not hate him and neither like him. I appreciate his effort though in some certain aspects but my problem is these elite pastors are not doing enough to save Nigeria. They are all about tithing and prosperity.

When you take a cursory look at the life's of those called members, you then begin to wonder. I will never hate him,.but crossing path with him will continue to be my worst life regrets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by WarCat: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2023
Hello, guys. Watch this gospel video if you want to be 100% sure of going to Heaven after you die. It's very, very easy to be saved from hell fire. Gospel means good news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA5OLBO9MKQ

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by wirinet(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2023
Abifarin16:

Mark 12:41 - 44
Jesus was at the temple with the disciples. Here he witnessed something which he used to teach the disciples about giving.

He sat across from the treasury of the temple and watched many rich people put in large sums of money.

Then a poor widow came along and put in two small copper coins.

Jesus teaches the disciples that the woman gave more than the rich.

Jesus too must have been a Scammer?

Did Jesus (the ultimate source of Christianity) touch the money donated to the temple? Did Jesus appropriate the temple funds for himself to buy garments, buy houses, buy horses, hire security men and open businesses? I suspect either you are part of the pentecostal Christianity scam industry or you are one of their brainwashed followers.

Jesus was teaching basic mathematics, cumulative algebra. Obvious in relative terms, the widow gave more than the rich people. Jesus did not use the example to cajole anyone to give (offerings) to the temple. He certainly did not tie their salvation to the amount they give to the temple. To the contrary Jesus relegated giving to the temple in the order of importance in seeking salvation. Non of Jesus's disciple demanded tithes and offerings, non of them collected tithes and offerings.

The Jewish temple is not a family business that all donations is controlled by the owner of the temple.

The doctrine of salvation according to tithes and offerings is purely a new age doctrine starter in US at the beginning of the 20th century. It emphasised prosperity as the main goal of Christianity.
Nigerians being very greedy and materialistic people took the message to the extreme and reformed con men, drug addicts and criminals took the doctrine to another level by tying salvation to tithes and offerings. The Church man purpose for existence became the collection of tithes and offerings.

Mind you I have nothing against donations and offerings. Even the example of the widow you gave donated without any cajoling or blackmail, she gave from her own heart. What I detest is blackmailing and guilt tripping poor and desperate members to give what they obviously cannot afford to give.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by mickyeddi(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2023
Abifarin16:

I don't know what religion you you practice that has destroyed your rational thinking.

Anything you are not OK with you can start your own.

Gather your followers and tell them your own version of the creation of the world and all that is in it other than what is obtainable in Genesis.
Tell them your lineage and their lineage and how you got here, tell then how the sin rises and sets, and how the starts were made etc.

Everyone has free will, use your own to start and propagate your own religion and believe system.
You've just proven my point, plonker!!
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by HelipsTech: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2023
So where is the money he is using to pay salaries come from?

So why are you pained with him acquiring jets? Is jet a crime or a sin?
Why the hate? Or would you not like to own a jet?
Why so much unnecessary hate
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by HelipsTech: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2023
With respect, you are a living testimony of the blessings of Christ, not Oyedepo.

Without Christ you and Oyedepo are toast. Without Oyedepo, it is likely you will still be blessed.[color=#006600][/color]

Well, however you see it, you are not wrong, but it is what it is.
I just hope you are not a build factory crusader
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by engrchykae(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ekugbeh:
you meant your family members are gullible
you meant to say your father is gullible?
Yes, everyone knows that.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Chizigreat(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2023
With This Formula You Will Become Great.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R7Cir9W7MM?si=p0JEQkNc6f0-LYMW
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Ekugbeh(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
engrchykae:
you meant to say your father is gullible?
Yes, everyone knows that.
and your mother too, yes! 😎
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by damoobaba: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Yes the masses are benefiting a lot grin

Church is not Federal government, state government or local government
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by yemi1504: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

No. You should pay tithes.

Na by force? I no dey pay again!
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by CHARLOE(m): 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Children
Ignoramus! Keep insulting ur father's age mate n don't do ur studies n open ur eyes.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Porksupplyib: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2023
damoobaba:

Church is not Federal government, state government or local government

This shows how truly ignorant you are. The church is greater and stronger than the government ! It is an aggregation of people who come together in one spirit sharing and supporting one another spiritually and
physically.
It is not a person's business where one man dictates how the church's offerings are spent. Or where one man assumes control of the churches properties as his own.

Well, it is an African sickness. I am not surprised.

Material wealth have no correlation with salvation or Christianity. Until the church understands this the deceit will go on.

The richest people in the world are not Christian's. Many of them don't even believe in God.
That you are rich does not mean God loves you more than the poor man. Or that you are God's favorite. The wicked ones are getting richer by the day. While the meek has mastered the spirit of love and contentment even when they have the means to be extravagant.

With the spirit of love and contentment , you won't keep acquiring wealth to your name, while millions around you can barely feed.

That is not God's blessing , it is a curse.

Well, we will all give account one day.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by SaLongs1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
If it's portable he will use money from his show to help poor masses like providing fuel food stuffs etc.
But so called pastors will use money from Thier crusade to buy bullet proof cars, private jets.
If heaven is where the likes of otedepo, suilieman etc. is going, then I am going.
Portable wasn't paid up to 10 million naira to perform at NBA, and he used 1 million to donate fuel for the masses. Otedepo and other cone men makes billions every Sundays but absolutely nothing to show for it. Except buy bullet proof cars and private jets to rub it on face of thier gullible followers.
Religion is damaging the Blackman's perspective on life too much.
Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by wirinet(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
SaLongs1:
Religion is damaging the Blackman's perspective on life too much.

True. Religion is the biggest tragedy to the blackman, be it Christianity, Islam or even traditional religions. It consumes all our mental, physical and social energies that we have little left for development and building a stable society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals by Ever8090: 2:01pm On Apr 27
Wodu89:

Stop saying nonsense. God Himself instructed the Levites to receive offerings. You don't carry the entire kingdom and make a mockery of it because of your perceptions about one man

Tithing is God's provision for first distribution in the house so there's no lack, for the needy, for the poor, for the widow and emergency needs of faithfuls. The use of tithes for business and then expansion should then imply that the profeeds is adequately used to cater for these needs again. Not that it's entirely bad
hmmmm ...that means there are no poor ones in Winners Chapel again because according to the bishop, the volume of money that the church has earned through tithes and offering should be enough to eliminate poverty from Winners Chapel, but if there are still poor persons in Winners, then it means the people have been scammed and robbed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / "Aso Rock Is Vacant, Osinbajo Struggling With Cabal" – Primate Elijah Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.