Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu (30060 Views)

Jude Idimogu: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / Maghalu: If Buhari Offers Me Political Appointment I'll reflect on it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Benwallt(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hon. Chukwuemeka Jude Omobowale Idimogu is the deputy leader of Ndigbo in the Lagos State All Progressives Congress (APC). He served in the Lagos State House of Assembly twice, representing the Oshodi/Isolo 2 constituency. He recently spoke with IKECHI ELENWOKE about a variety of crucial burning topics.

There is a mix-up in your name. You bear Chukwuemeka and Omobowale at the same time, how come?

I am Igbo from Ihitte Uboma in Imo State. I was born and brought up in Imo State but I have spent a long time in Lagos, Yoruba land. I married in Lagos here and raised all my kids here, so I am a citizen.

I have lived here in Lagos for more than twenty years. I am also married to a Yoruba woman so, even by marriage I am a Yoruba too.

Do your children and wife speak Igbo?

My wife is managing. She is trying, but my children are doing better in both. I speak a smattering of Yoruba, I try but it is not easy. You know Lagos is a cosmopolitan city so there are plenty of foreign influences here unlike other Yoruba states of Ekiti, Oyo, or Osun that are predominantly Yorubas. If you are staying around these areas you will grab the language more easily. I wished I had been in any of those core Yoruba towns at a very tender age because language is a very powerful integration tool.

foods?

Yes. She prepares Igbo dishes quite well. My sister taught her about Igbo delicacies. She prepares Oha, Nsala, and other dishes. I enjoy Ewedu and Amala. If Nigeria is serious about national unity, inter-tribal marriages are a powerful option for addressing some ethnic biases that have been impacting us in a variety of ways. It has the potential to eliminate unwarranted tribal suspicions.

What role does your marriage have in your political life in Lagos? Is there any added benefit?

So much, if I’m being honest with you. My wife is from a large and powerful Kuku family in Ijebu-Ode. I had no idea while we were dating. Her marriage was not planned.

When I first started my campaign, my wife’s background gave me so much confidence that I had to include her image and name on my poster as well. That seemed like it could add some magic. And I think it did. They did not let me down.

I notified my Yoruba friends and in-laws of my intention to run for the Lagos State House of Assembly before purchasing the form. They handed me the PDP ticket and backed me up. I had no clue they would accept me so warmly. I had no intention of entering politics when I married her. We began dating when I was twenty-five years old, and the marriage aspect came up much later.

Can you tell us morea bout your love story?

As I already stated, our journey began when I was twenty-five years old. I needed a female companion. My pals agreed to assist me with one. So they took me to a party in Mushin, and when we arrived, I was shown a female sitting opposite us. But I chose another option at the same table. It was love at first sight, and the attraction was enthralling. At that moment, I confidently informed my connections that I had made my pick, a friend of the one they recommended to me who later became my wife.

Meanwhile, she had no idea what had happened until I told her about it recently. She was astounded to learn about the hidden love tale that led to her current situation. But, I must say, it is God’s intention, not mine, for political benefit or advantage in the future.

My children may decide to leave in their maternal house in Ijebu tomorrow.

I was born in Ihitte Uboma but grew up in Mbaise. Some people believe I am from Mbaise. As citizens of Nigeria, I believe they should be allowed to live, marry, and live anywhere they choose.

And, if Nigeria is to truly progress, we should encourage intertribal marriages. It will bring the country together and develop the smooth interaction that we require.

Your party, the APC, now controls Lagos, Imo, and the federal government. What are your thoughts on the feat?

This is a positive development. This will generate the required synergy for a seamless government. My home governor, of course, is the chairman of the APC governor forum. That is also an advantage.

I haven’t contacted him due to distance and busy schedules on both sides. From both my and the governor’s perspectives. You could phone a governor, but the call might not go through.

But I have time now, so when their election comes around, I will most likely go and provide the necessary support.

What are your thoughts on Bola Ahmed Asiwaju’s election as President in the recently ended election?

President Tinubu has the political will to make difficult decisions. He is a strong and compassionate leader who arose from the ground up. He is well familiar with the terrain.

Consider the withdrawal of gasoline subsidies, for example. More than two regimes danced around the problem but were not courageous enough to make an appropriate conclusion. He took a direct approach. And believe me, it is truly gone. The government is devising methods to mitigate the effects, and there has been commensurate progress.

He claims that paying for the fuel subsidy depletes our limited resources, which should be channeled into other essential areas of need such as health, education, and infrastructure development.

According to him, the fuel subsidy issue is fraught with controversy; we were told that our fuel use before the elimination was 69 million litres per day. However, since the removal, we have learned that our daily usage is 15 million litres.

The distinction is emerging. There’s a lot of commotion going on. However, given the current developments, I am confident that all those participating in the hoax are now facing a difficult market. There is no longer any profit to be made from fuel smuggling anywhere in the country. Anyone who does so will suffer financial consequences.

What are your thoughts on the recent schisms between Igbos in Lagos and some Yoruba factions?

My in-laws are Yorubas. I can’t speak poorly of them as a person, but it doesn’t mean we can’t correct one other when necessary.

We can always discuss any difficulties peacefully. They are extremely accommodating and friendly. Our people are not always evil people.

https://independent.ng/marrying-yoruba-woman-gave-me-political-advantage-idimogu/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by kingi777: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
Uwajumogu also married a Yoruba woman and became the first Igbo man appointed by President Tinubu as Special Adviser on Industry, Trade and Investment. May God bless and favour us through ways we least expect.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Sonyboom: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2023
Nice na man like this person go consider not to call for an all out with some ipob Obidient fools on NL

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by FreeStuffsNG: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
I remember this is not the first time he is publicly admitting so.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Donaldoni: 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
Abi o

Igbos can die for Yoruba women

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Bulldozer90: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
He was not appointed because of character or personal qualities but because of tribal marital connections. Tribalism is worst in Yorubaland.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
This is the kind of unity we want in Nigeria and not pityobi people and Ipob miscreants Walhalla always calling my sweet country a shiiithollle... I love Nigeria 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by inoki247: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
Lol another Tribal war loading on this thread.....

All I know is we need competent people anywhere make things work....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by billionman: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
Strategic

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by PaulNwosu: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2023
This man was publicly humiliated by Ohaneze for joining APC. Some Igbos in Lagos were insulting him almost every day.

Today, he's an aide to the President

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Tflex01: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Normal. As it should be.

Remi Tinubu, a Delta woman will be forever grateful to God for marrying a Yoruba man.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
God bless Yoruba people. All those who attempt to curse Yoruba people will suffer.

256 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by AllenSpencer: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Peter should divorce his wife and marry a Yoruba woman.

That could give him an edge in 2031

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by PaulNwosu: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Peter should divorce his wife and marry a Yoruba woman

Yoruba women don't marry idiots.

358 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Wisereborn: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
What a country undecided

What a demeaning way to live in the same country undecided

May God deliver us from bad leadership 🙏🙏🙏

No one go say na the woman dey marry am now ooooooo
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by legitnow1: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
THAT MAKES YOU A YORUBA MAN, ESPECIALLY IF U WERE BORN AND RAISED THERE.

TRIBAL DIVIDE AND RACIAL DIVIDE ARE AN ELUSION, THEY CAN BE BREACHED AND CROSSED

THE LINES WERE CREATED BY GOD HIMSELF TO DIVIDE US DURING THE TOWER OF BABEL

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Acekidc4(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
I know this man Personally. I have met him Severally at his residence at Oke Afa. His Son is my Friend!!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Tflex01: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Naijaboy18:
God bless Yoruba people. All those who attempt to curse Yoruba people will suffer.

Lol their anger is from the place of envy and jealousy.

Ignore them. cool

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by ecolime(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
I am Igbo from Ihitte Uboma in Imo State. I was born and brought up in Imo State but I have spent a long time in Lagos, Yoruba land. I married in Lagos here and raised all my kids here, so I am a citizen.

Yorubas are really kind-hearted. They have a large heart and treat everyone with love and respect. Just so sad their kindness is taken for granted by children of perdition.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2023
Benwallt:

https://independent.ng/marrying-yoruba-woman-gave-me-political-advantage-idimogu/
I was told by someone in Ekiti not to marry a Yoruba woman, because their promiscousity is topnotch. They don't forbid adultery. Secondly thier brothers are skull miners

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Yeribanza women are bad tempered and very promiscuous.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by PaulNwosu: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bulldozer90:
It simply means his was appointed for marrying a Yoruba. Lol

He was appointed because he refused to answer the stupidity of some people who insulted him publicly for staying in APC.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by sedIoyol(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Judolisco(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2023
Moral of the story :marry a Yoruba woman

Yoruba lagba se... Dis one now served in lagos house of assembly twice, later they'll say lagos is not accommodating..... Can it happen in d east?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by tuzle(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
His daughter isn't good at yoruba
Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by dododawa1: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
LOL,
Nothing like
AGBADO and OBIDENTs
In this one picture.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu by Dareal90s(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
cry

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / NNPP: Kwankwaso Hands Over Kano Central Senatorial Form To Shekarau / If Buhari's Supporters In 2011 Were Not Fascists, Obidients' Aren't - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.