Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Israel Failed War - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Failed War (314 Views)

South Africa: Israel Failed To Disprove Genocide Lawsuit Before ICJ / Israel Failed War / Live: Protests In Russia Against Putin Failed War In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Failed War by Emilo(m): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2023
The Israeli administration are not as smart as i earlier thought they were. This is my reason.

We all can agree that the October 7 attacks by Hamas is as a result of years of Israel aggression and occupation. In retaliation, Israel proceeded with its war. No one is saying you cannot defend yourself but why the escalation and extent? I was expecting them to by now cease the war and advance new strategy to ensure peace. Can someone tell me what they want to achieve by the prolonged war?? Experts have warned Hamas cannot be eradicated because its an idealology and not terrorist as they want us to believe.

Now after surrounding the entire Gaza it became obvious that they cannot figure out where the captives are, even with all their sophisticated weapons. They are even rumours that more Israeli soldiers have died than reported.

For me, Hamas holds the last ace and can be smart in dealing a decisive blow on Israel reputation with the captives in their possession as this war is already a failed war!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Failed War by KwuoteYourFada: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2023
cheesy

Go and tell that to people of Gaza ewu grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by ShenTeh(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2023
Emilo:
The Israeli administration are not as smart as i earlier thought they were. This is my reason.

We all can agree that the October 7 attacks by Hamas is as a result of years of Israel aggression and occupation. In retaliation, Israel proceeded with its war. No one is saying you cannot defend yourself but why the escalation and extent? I was expecting them to by now cease the war and advance new strategy to ensure peace. Can someone tell me what they want to achieve by the prolonged war?? Experts have warned Hamas cannot be eradicated because its an idealology and not terrorist as they want us to believe.

Now after surrounding the entire Gaza it became obvious that they cannot figure out where the captives are, even with all their sophisticated weapons. They are even rumours that more Israeli soldiers have died than reported.

For me, Hamas holds the last ace and can be smart in dealing a decisive blow on Israel reputation with the captives in their possession as this war is already a failed war!

You can't dictate the extent of the wrath of your enemy, especially when YOU know the capacity of that enemy of yours to seek vengeance.

What was Hamas thinking? What was Hamas' end goal for going that far.

And this is my advice to the hypocrites supporting Hamas, it is because you don't believe in justice and fairness and the equality of all human lives. Otherwise, why do you believe it was ok for Hamas to fight back by invading Israel but it must be measured when Israel fights back.

There are consequences in this life. Weather you vote a bad government like Hamas, or you squeeze the balls of a sleeping lion, or rape and kill people because you believe they have no right to exist.

1 Like

Re: Israel Failed War by Freelancer2020(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2023
The truth is that Israel is overrated, and if care is not taking, it will also deeply affect America reputation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by Emilo(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2023
ShenTeh:

You can't dictate the extent of the wrath of your enemy, especially when YOU know the capacity of that enemy of yours to seek vengeance.

What was Hamas thinking? What was Hamas' end goal for going that far.

And this is my advice to the hypocrites supporting Hamas, it is because you don't believe in justice and fairness and the equality of all human lives. Otherwise, why do you believe it was ok for Hamas to fight back by invading Israel but it must be measured when Israel fights back.

There are consequences in this life. Weather you vote a bad government like Hamas, or you squeeze the balls of a sleeping lion, or rape and kill people because you believe they have no right to exist.

No you are wrong. There are limits to war. Hence the creation of UN. When u bomb hospitals and refugee camps then u have crossed the line.

Like i said earlier, Hamas action is response to Israel occupation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by Emergingnation(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2023
Freelancer2020:
The truth is that Israel is overrated, and if care is not taking, it will also deeply affect America reputation.
indeed Israel is overrated by returning Palestinians to the stone age.. grin

All this head slammers self. grin grin

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by IamAtikulate: 10:09am On Nov 22, 2023
While HAMAS are running like headless chickens begging for a ceasefire, Yoruba moslems cyber brigade are busy declaring victory on Nairaland.

Enjoy your 4 days peace plus additional one for every 10 your heroes (HAMAS) released

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

6 Likes

Re: Israel Failed War by Watcharena: 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2023
Emergingnation:
indeed Israel is overrated by returning Palestinians to the stone age.. grin

All this head slammers self. grin grin

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
yet with all that they're unable to locate even a single hostage held by the same Hamas they're looking for ,so how are we sure they have been killing Hamas not civilians

Even after 46 days of the operation,no single hostage is found

2 Likes

Re: Israel Failed War by joyandfaith: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Emilo:

War that has just started. Many more Gazans would be killed.
HAMAS is an ideology just like Judaism is an ideology. Clash of ideologies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by motayoayinde: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
Regardless of the eventual outcome of this war, Israel has already suffered two deadly blows if may never recover from.

First is the reputation of the idf. This was a military the world held in awe!
The idf, Mossad and Shin Beit had no clue of the daring assault by Hamas in which many of their soldiers were killed and hundreds of Israelis taken hostage. In response, they flew jet fighters into Gaza in rage, throwing bombs at everyone EXCEPT HAMAS. In fact they started by killing their own people at Sderot, the main site of the assault, trying to kill Hamas.

The idf went into Gaza in a ground maneuver to "destroy Hamas forever, destroy the tunnels and free the hostages".
The ground operation has been the worst of isreali military operations ever! Israeli military figure puts the number of killed soldiers at about 70, but some Israeli journalists say over 2000 men have been killed by Hamas and Hezbollah with idf achieving NONE of its goals.

Second is the reputation that the Israeli state has created for itself as a baby-killing monster state which operates with rage and hate rather than common sense. A record number of countries have cut ties with it and more are preparing to do so.
Its businesses have been threatened and huge protests have erupted against it across the world even in traditionally pro-Israel countries. Shaking off this reputational damage will be quite difficult.

Now, Netanyahu has now driven Israel to a cul-de-sac. Pulling out of the war now with no particular achievement will do more damage to the already battered image of the idf and will also embolden regional armed groups against Israel.
Going ahead with the war, will cause more death of israeli soldiers, more damage to the economy and more damage to its global reputation because the idf will always take out its frustration on innocent civilians in Gaza.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Failed War by gannod(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2023
motayoayinde:
Regardless of the eventual outcome of this war, Israel has already suffered two deadly blows if may never recover from.

First is the reputation of the idf. This was a military the world held in awe!
The idf, Mossad and Shin Beit had no clue of the daring assault by Hamas in which many of their soldiers were killed and hundreds of Israelis taken hostage. In response, they flew jet fighters into Gaza in rage, throwing bombs at everyone EXCEPT HAMAS. In fact they started by killing their own people at Sderot, the main site of the assault, trying to kill Hamas.

The idf went into Gaza in a ground maneuver to "destroy Hamas forever, destroy the tunnels and free the hostages".
The ground operation has been the worst of isreali military operations ever! Israeli military figure puts the number of killed soldiers at about 70, but some Israeli journalists say over 2000 men have been killed by Hamas and Hezbollah with idf achieving NONE of its goals.

Second is the reputation that the Israeli state has created for itself as a baby-killing monster state which operates with rage and hate rather than common sense. A record number of countries have cut ties with it and more are preparing to do so.
Its businesses have been threatened and huge protests have erupted against it across the world even in traditionally pro-Israel countries. Shaking off this reputational damage will be quite difficult.

Now, Netanyahu has now driven Israel to a cul-de-sac. Pulling out of the war now with no particular achievement will do more damage to the already battered image of the idf and will also embolden regional armed groups against Israel.
Going ahead with the war, will cause more death of israeli soldiers, more damage to the economy and more damage to its global reputation because the idf will always take out its frustration on innocent civilians in Gaza.

Are the Israelis complainning of losing its soilders? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Do you sincerely think the Palestinians will recover from this? Folks like you think the effect of this war on Palestinians is insignificant to the Israelis but you are wrong. Comparing less than 2000( Israel) casualties to over 15000 (palestinians) as a win for Hamas is taking your joke too far. Anyways, whatever suits your narrative.

7 Likes

Re: Israel Failed War by ShenTeh(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
Emilo:

No you are wrong. There are limits to war. Hence the creation of UN. When u bomb hospitals and refugee camps then u have crossed the line.

Like i said earlier, Hamas action is response to Israel occupation

The joke is on you. Ever heard of the phrase, all is fair in war and love?

Go and tell me anyone single war where the rules of engagement have been followed.

While we are at that, let's also see data against claims that Hamas uses its own civilians as human shield.

In war, loved ones die. That's why you don't provoke a stronger enemy into a war with you. Show that you respect your own life. That's what I'd expect reasonable people to do, than taunt my enemy and also wish to dictate how he responds.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Failed War by Musrataman(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2023
Emilo:

Without American Hamas will deal with Israel radically.
Re: Israel Failed War by Floky215: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
Musrataman:

Exactly, just like all the combined Arab nations forces have done and have been doing to israel since 1948...!!!

Go school you no go gree, nah to dey climb mango trees up and down while others are in the classrooms learning and even the day you manage to enter class, nah to sit down for back dey make noise...!!!

Olodo Rabata....!!!

1 Like

Re: Israel Failed War by IamAtikulate: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2023
Musrataman:

Americans only started supporting Israel after they saw how they dealt with your Arab brothers in the first Israel-Arab war.

(1) (Reply)

Worldโ€™s Largest Hunger Crisis Looms In Sudan, UN Warns, / In Honor Of Panafricanist Dr. Yahya Jammeh For Kicking ECOWAS Butts / President Donald Trump Signs New Travel Ban Targeting Six Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.