Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied (25558 Views)

The New Super Eagles And Super Falcons Jerseys / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi After Scoring Winning Goal Against Cameroon (Pics) / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by cezarman(m): 10:58am On Feb 13
Alex Iwobi abeg swear for anybody wey insult you... We're very wicked in Nigeria.

Don't mind us, na jealousy, hypocrisy and cowardice be our work for Nigeria.

If you want to play rubbish, play rubbish and collect your allowance... Let us talk bark, na toothless bulldog we be grin

Yeye tongue

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Jostoman: 10:59am On Feb 13
Those criticizing iwobi know nothing about football.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by benardtotti(m): 11:13am On Feb 13
KashApp:
You win and also loose...that’s life! They should free the guy. That Sanusi guy played rubbish throughout the tournament too but instead of cyber bullying them, the coach should just look for replacements for future sake.

Meanwhile, let me use this opportunity to tell Tinubu that, Ìlú le ooo!! He should resign or fix it.

Sanusi played the whole tournament with an ankle injury, another reason I am unhappy with the stupid coach who played defensive football all thru a tournament, putting too much pressure on the back line , how can you go to a competition and not use half of your bench ,see as players plenty for Bench the stupid coach refused to tweak his team .
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by waveman2: 11:13am On Feb 13
Why dem dey attack iwobi is he the one that is supposed to play the whole midfield?only one to play against be kessie,seri,etc world class midfielders,the coach no get eye.

naptu2:
Alex Iwobi has come under severe attack on social media since the end of the African Cup of Nations. People have insulted, mocked and posted all kinds of things about him. This has caused him to delete all his pictures on Instagram except one.

Some of the people that led the attack on him, like Tunde Ednut and Very Dark Man, have made U-turns and condemned fans for attacking Iwobi. There have even been rumours that Iwobi is planning to quit the Super Eagles.

Now Super Eagles and Super Falcons players have risen in support of Iwobi. They have taken to their social media pages to show support to the midfielder.

Previous thread: Iwobi Deletes All Pictures On Instagram Account Amid Criticisms
https://www.nairaland.com/7998623/iwobi-deletes-all-pictures-instagram
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by benardtotti(m): 11:21am On Feb 13
lilfreezy:
I find it funny how this guy has been scapegoated all tournament. Ola Aina missed a penalty that almost got Nigeria eliminated, against South Africa, they dragged iwobi. Ola Aina actually cost us the game against ivory coast as we conceded through his flank and was cooked tirelessly by the ivorian winger, still it was iwobi that was substituted before Nigeria conceded that is still being dragged and bullied. Is there an agenda to this?

Well, The coach should take all the blame as he has been riding on some luck with that formation and tactics. Because in modern football, there is no team out there that plays 3 at the back and still plays wingers and wing backs. Every team that plays 3 at the back, plays 3 in midfield but your coach decided to play just two.

Im sorry to say but your logic is totally wrong , Aina was solid all thru the tournament, he struggled in the final because the stupid coach replaced Simon with Samuel ( who doesn't track back ) also the coach was also very naive to underate Adingra , so aina had to stay back to keep adingra close without much support from Samuel, didn't you notice after Simon came on aina started going forward ? By then the damage had been done already , the coach has tried but needs to leave ,he ìs too Conservative and we have not been a free scoring team under him unlike past coaches , imagine a defender was our best player and highest goal scorer and player of the tournament, that speaks volumes, the coach needs to leave , Let's get Pitso Motsimane to replace him .
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by ufotunang: 11:24am On Feb 13
Beuberry:
He should tender public apology. He too dey play rubbish too much!
Person go think say as he fine reach he go sabi play ball like CR7.
Hope he's not poor in bed!
Cos man cannot be a poor player and a 40 secs minister!
...yes he is good... he scores a lot of goals in the other room 🙄
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by ufotunang: 11:31am On Feb 13
joebeckz:
Iwobi was used too deep.
He is a creative attacking midfielder on days he is switched on.
People who have never kicked a ball think it is as easy.
Take a look at Ola Aina who has been very fantastic in this tournament turning out to be very poor in the most important match of the tournament. He played like who sleep with woman 15 minutes before match.
Some days are good, some days are bad. Both goals came from his flank especially the winning goal.

Iwobi is fantastic abeg, his game against Angola was spectacular. Descent against Cameroon too.

The coach has the biggest part of the blame for our loss. He shouldn't have started Chukwueze who isn't as physical and dangerous on the flanks like Moses Simon. He shouldn't have defended too deep after scoring a goal. A goal is a risky thing to defend. See how they pushed when they were loosing. Our midfield is not so coming from the side was our strategy so far. Why did he play Chukwueze then? There was no threat all through until Moses came in.
Cameroonians studied our games and hit us.
Our coach didn't have a solid plan.
Individual brilliance helped us not to concede more goals else it would have been more.
Iwobi did what he could.

Well done Team.
I just wanna see Amunike coaching our national team. I dislike this oyibo coachs style of defensive football.
You can't absorb pressure for half an hour or more after leading.
You might not bw lucky with a chance.
... for ola Aina it's because our midfield was not effective so that out too much pressure on nigeria defence....our midfielder allow Ivory coast to control the midfield and put pressure on the Nigeria defense which affected ola Aina negativity because they were using more of ola Aina wings to penetrate... because of too much pressure on nigeria defence
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by ufotunang: 11:32am On Feb 13
Nigeria really needs an attacking midfielder... world cup 2026 qualifer will soon start
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by ufotunang: 11:35am On Feb 13
willi926:
But iwobi messed up big time sha. Just dey loose ball, incomplete passes, our midfield was just porous. The guy wasn't playing like as if he knows his duty.
..yes the guy played badly..and the coach should had substituted him earlier at the match but he left Alex iwobi to play for 80 minutes
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by ufotunang: 11:38am On Feb 13
Alexis11:
Lol the insults is not necessary but Omo Alex Iwobi was like minus one in midfield. Like wtf!

I blame the ref more.
..no the referee was good...he was not partial
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by abbyyzino(m): 11:46am On Feb 13
KashApp:
You just embarrassed your family - no home training and your education...chai! Please, show me where I mentioned Ola Aina.
It’s all bants but why did you edit your comment 🤣🤣
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by chrisnando: 11:52am On Feb 13
willi926:
But iwobi messed up big time sha. Just dey loose ball, incomplete passes, our midfield was just porous. The guy wasn't playing like as if he knows his duty.
What are you on about?
He misplaced only 3 passes in that game.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Dagger111(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13
Beuberry:
He should tender public apology. He too dey play rubbish too much!
Person go think say as he fine reach he go sabi play ball like CR7.
Hope he's not poor in bed!
Cos man cannot be a poor player and a 40 secs minister!

Seems u like d!ck ba?
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Okoroawusa: 12:35pm On Feb 13
Let's be frank. Iwobi fcked up for that match
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by nospmoht(m): 12:42pm On Feb 13
Most Nigerians are f^cking depressed.
If you engage in cyber bullying, you are depressed and you have serious mental issues.
Saying sad words against someone who is doing better than your entire generation combined. Make una contine
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by nospmoht(m): 12:43pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
Let's be frank. Iwobi fcked up for that match
Don't mean people will rain curses and say all manner of rubbish on him.
The people talking thrash isn't anywhere close to doing well in life
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by nospmoht(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13
ufotunang:
..yes the guy played badly..and the coach should had substituted him earlier at the match but he left Alex iwobi to play for 80 minutes

Before this tournament started, Nigerians did not believe that the super eagles will go past group stage.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by nospmoht(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13
Alexis11:
Lol the insults is not necessary but Omo Alex Iwobi was like minus one in midfield. Like wtf!

I blame the coach more.
He was a minus but is far better than all those Nigerians trolling him.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Naajjii: 1:06pm On Feb 13
The problem is the coach playing defensive against all teams.You can't be defensive against every team you meet even if Nigeria is stronger than the team. Look at the game against South Africa ,Nigeria was deep allowing the south African defenders space and time to control ball and play those long balls that caused problems in our 18 box. The same thing against Ivory coast even worse.
Please let him not use this overly defensive style in the world cup qualifiers.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by MSGAMBLE9: 1:31pm On Feb 13
Greenback:
I blame the iwobi sef...like,you get time for all this nonsense when you can easily live ya life away from this kwantiri their useless leaders and ronus citizens have turned to zoo and a cesspool.

If na me be the Iwobi,it's goodbye forever with anything and everything naija.
I will buy 2 correct Pitbulls for special duties: release them for any iddeeotta wey approach me for anything about Nigeria
And nobody will miss his sorry sluggish lazy asss...

The Ronus will be the end of you... Oniyeye oshi!!!!
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Sokari29: 1:37pm On Feb 13
lilfreezy:
I find it funny how this guy has been scapegoated all tournament. Ola Aina missed a penalty that almost got Nigeria eliminated, against South Africa, they dragged iwobi. Ola Aina actually cost us the game against ivory coast as we conceded through his flank and was cooked tirelessly by the ivorian winger, still it was iwobi that was substituted before Nigeria conceded that is still being dragged and bullied. Is there an agenda to this?

Well, The coach should take all the blame as he has been riding on some luck with that formation and tactics. Because in modern football, there is no team out there that plays 3 at the back and still plays wingers and wing backs. Every team that plays 3 at the back, plays 3 in midfield but your coach decided to play just two.
See you indirectly bullying another player please just keep mute if you have nothing reasonable to say must you comment how can a single player cause y'all to lose or do you think is not their fellow professionals they play against?
Always looking for who to blame.... spit on y'all if it's easy u might as well be representing the nation n winning all trophies including the world Cup.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by KashApp: 1:42pm On Feb 13
abbyyzino:

It’s all bants but why did you edit your comment 🤣🤣
I edited it? And I also edited the one you quoted? 😀😀 You seriously and urgently need help.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by OgaRico(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13
Funny thing about this whole bullying is that some low lives who are not anywhere close to Iwobi in their lives are the ones talking nonsense about him.

Maradona offsprings, go play if e easy make we watch you na.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Greenback: 2:39pm On Feb 13
MSGAMBLE9:
And nobody will miss his sorry sluggish lazy asss...

The Ronus will be the end of you... Oniyeye oshi!!!!
Baba e lo ba soro
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by abbyyzino(m): 4:13pm On Feb 13
KashApp:
I edited it? And I also edited the one you quoted? 😀😀 You seriously and urgently need help.
My bad I just realized I quoted the wrong person, no vex. Nah this aboki below I wan quote

Kinzo0917:

What about Aina that his wing was used through out d game?

Aina was the worst player on d pitch
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by Boyooosa(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13
jubrilELsudan:

YOU ARE VERY STUPID

I don't go dirty with pigs
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by shadrach77: 4:50pm On Feb 13
ecolime:
VDM should be very careful. He rose rapidly and he might hit the ground same way.

I noticed he's been talking too much of recent. Funny enough, he is also double-faced.

Talk something today, quickly change mouth tomorrow when he sees the reactions of people.

He might soon learn the hard way if he doesn't watch it.

For those who don't know, cyberbullying is a criminal offence. And it attracts years in jail.
The guy (VDM) is an idiot of great proportion cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by willi926(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13
hodestruth:

Keep quiet, why were you not chosen to play, why can we appreciate this boy, he would have chosen to play for England but rather this boy chose to play for his father land and you people are saying this rubbish to him instead of appreciating him to encourage others, all of them put in their best, laying their lives for the nation, Okwaraji that lost his life playing for this ungrateful nation, what was given to his family #250,000 after public out crying and yet you don't appreciate people's dedication, shame to you all involved in this boy criticism, Iwobi we LOVE you, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing
U must be mad for telling me to keep quiet. So I don't have right to say my own mind. E be like say u don dey crase. Tell me to keep quiet again, make e no better for u. Didirin
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by PaNnamdi: 7:15pm On Feb 13
sassiemyk:
Omo. I don't think Naija lost oo. 2nd position is now that bad. So all these nonsense is not worth it. The players played their best game.
Imagine na Japan Switzerland and Colombia naija played na bottom table we go finish.
Re: Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied by nospmoht(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13
PaNnamdi:

Shut up
Because you have accepted your miserable life fate under tinubu doesn't mean that we cant criticize footballers who are playing rubbish.can iwobi play this nonsense in his club with repercussions?

Na poverty and hopelessness dey worry you
Depression don wound this one finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want To Return To Super Eagles – Maduka Okoye / South Arica Wants To Replace Nigeria In U-20 Women W’cup / John Ogu And Wife's Pregnancy Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.