Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase (22355 Views)

Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:46pm On Feb 19
SANDAT:

At this point do you still worry about the cost of chicken and fish?. Last week I was going to Kaduna and I saw this chicken feed company with hundreds of trucks waiting to discharge maize. I know something had to be done to stop bulk purchases by these companies to halt the increasing prices of food.

So let's forget eating eggs too
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by Fremodex: 6:52pm On Feb 19
This is not fake news please. I get to know this like 3 or 4 days ago

jiz:
Fake news from APC propaganda machinery team

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by Fujiyama: 6:52pm On Feb 19
mrvitalis:
So what would now happen to the animals that need to be feed?

^^^
grin
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by Raph82(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19
Denmark with a population of 5.8million and a tiny piece of land is producing food that 15 million people can eat, they push the excess into export. With our vast land, we should be producing what 300 million people will eat, I think something is wrong with us as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by bizzibodi(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19
This wrong moves will just drive up d prices of poultry,eggs,beef,goat meat & others...thereby creating a viscious cycle.
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by victorsola: 8:14pm On Feb 19
Kingpele:
Audio drop..this is mere speculation...the drivers of rise in food prices are high cost of fuel and the foreign exchange as long as this two remain high ...the prices will continue to go up...
. U need to read well. All this are locally sourced, so you spend dollar in nigeria, if your anus block for nigeria now na dollar cause am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by Babastrong(m): 8:39pm On Feb 19
[quote author=Kingpele post=128536309]Audio drop..this is mere speculation...the drivers of rise in food prices are high cost of fuel and the foreign exchange as long as this two remain high ...the prices will continue to go up...[seems you don't know anything about maize market except mere speculation.]
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by OctavianAC(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19
If the price drops because they stop to produce animal feed, that is to say there will be feed scarcity which is still the same food scarcity
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by maasoap(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19
Nbote:
This report is funny. The high cost of these grains is why these companies are halting purchases. These grains are now high because farmers are suffering from security challenges and have been paying taxes to bandits while suffering losses and damages occasioned by herdsmen who ravage their farms to feed their livestock . Some farmers who do not have storage facilities will resort to selling off at a loss to eat in the meantime while those who have will simply store their grains and wait

That doesn't justify increment in prices everyday. Haba!! Cement was 10500 yesterday, 11000 this morning and 13000 this afternoon.
Gari was 900 two days ago, a seller was already mentioning 1200 naira today!
A 45ah battery was 27000 naira two weeks ago, today I paid 35000 in the morning and my friend paid 37000 naira in the afternoon! Can you see madness? They even refused to mention the price of some of other items, claiming that they don't know the current price yet, that we should come back later. Imagine what we have turned Nigeria into as a result of greediness, selfishness, lawlessness and lack of patriotism
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by IamAsiri: 3:15am On Feb 20
CharleyBright:
Hmmm.
How price of sorghum take concern me?
I dey for chop sorghum and millet ni?
Na people for upper Nigeria dey eat that one, so keep it for them.
Crash the price of rice and beans and we will salute the FG.
And by the way, Tinubu said when he become president, he will feed the Nigerian youths and Army with Agbado.
The time has come, let him come and fulfill that little promise and flood the market with Agbado for his Emi lo kan boys. grin grin

Guess you don't drink malt.
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by commoditiesnig: 10:00am On Feb 20
Re: Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase by KORLAR(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20
Kingpele:
Audio drop..this is mere speculation...the drivers of rise in food prices are high cost of fuel and the foreign exchange as long as this two remain high ...the prices will continue to go up...
@

Be cynical as much as you like but I can tell you for free that prices have dropped in the market.
You did no research nor followed the prices but you're here deceiving the people.

Do you know more than the feed companies that opined that the price increase is artificial?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Must Arrest Fani-kayode For Incitement: Atiku Hails British Envoy / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! / Gov Obiano Commissions Power-injection Substations In Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.