Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (64404 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by hisexcellency34: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
There is a new storm brewing at the home of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as his wife, Aisha, has alleged that his spokesman, Garba Shehu, takes orders from Mamman Daura.

Aisha says Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, now takes orders from her husband’s powerful nephew, Daura.

In a statement she signed on Wednesday, Mrs. Buhari said it was Daura that ordered Shehu to issue a statement to say that the office of the First Lady had been scrapped.

https://punchng.com/how-mamman-daura-used-garba-shehu-to-undermine-me-aisha/

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Enwhen(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
God save Nigerians ooo, the Hunger is too much for all these drama

229 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by meccuno: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
Enwhen:
God save Nigerians ooo, the Hunger is too much for all these drama
grin

27 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Bringback9ja: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Idiagbon was the actor during Buhari's regime in 1983-1985

Daura is the major actor during Buhari's regime 2015-2019/ 2019-Present

All hail Major General Muhammadu Buhari

498 Likes 17 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by adem30: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nothing I pray for more than Buhari to actually act like a Major General

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by hisgrace090: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
I'm all ears as there is almost no end in sight concerning the ongoing madness in Nigeria.

When Idi Amin of Uganda was tyrannically turning his country upside down people think he will change one day for good, neverdeless it all became dreams as its only death that was able to stop him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Afolabimills(m): 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
Yeye dey smell na today we don c general?abeg were general sanni abacha today?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by hisexcellency34: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Is he not acting that already?

adem30:

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by IamPatriotic(m): 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
adem30:

You're an illiterate, a product of qouta system.

280 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by IDeyNL: 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
IamPatriotic:

You're an illiterate, a product of qouta system.

Mind you, he's not a quota system product. He's an Omoluabi

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Annie939(f): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
bubu won't like this

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Bethel4Life(f): 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
adem30:
zoneb u think ur doing us,, ur doing ur family and entire generations

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Bethel4Life(f): 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
adem30:
IDeyNL:

Mind you, he's not a quota system product. He's an Omoluabi
adem30:
an omoluabic muslim u mean U know.. they and their northern brothers of the same faith think alike

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CharlotteFlair: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Okokobioko...ajumahaha
Okokobioko... ajumahaha

grin grin grin

This Punch approach is even more fearful than sowore's planned Revolution. grin

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

See contradiction, confusion and hypocrisy.

They don't even know how dumb and idiotic they sound, a whole news paper.

PMB no send you..

smh

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by mushystuff: 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
NGpatriot:
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

PMB no send you..
smh

After claiming freedom of speech and press, the same presidency has come out to say the Punch has no power to change his nomenclature from President to General no be so? Let's see in the coming days if the presidency and their attack dogs can respect this press freedom they have been claiming. I hope we don't start hearing of arrests/detention of Punch staff or raids or license revocation and if we do, I hope you will not start supporting in normal zombie-like manner and rather actually demand for press freedom to be respected.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:14am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

PMB no send you..

smh
PMB has ordered investigation into the court invasion. Seems like he's beginning to send after all

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Beautyaddy: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

PMB has ordered investigation into the court invasion. Seems like he's beginning to send after all

Fake investigation to cover his disgraced face...shior! angry

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:25am On Dec 12, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Fake investigation to cover his disgraced face...shior! angry
Exactly. That shows that Punch editorial indeed packed a punch

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 12:53am On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

lol... What is this one saying?

Yes, whatever makes you snore at night.

PMB no send you and punch.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by HejiSid: 2:00am On Dec 12, 2019
befitting title

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by EsomahJD: 2:14am On Dec 12, 2019
He has never acted like a civilian president.

Shame on zom bs

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:57am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

lol... What is this one saying?

Yes, whatever makes you snore at night.

PMB no send you and punch.

Did he tell you that?
Cause all his reactions since the punch editorial seem to suggest a certain discomfort. I've not witnessed a situation where his two senior media aides respond to same issue in a short span of time since he became ruler... Sorry president.
Coupled with the investigation, it shows he felt the punch no matter how you may try to whitewash it

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2019
I believe over 1million Nigerians buy punch and 10 million reads punch daily in Nigeria, that is a good medium to re-announce the tyrant with his Major General title.

issa welcome development.

#FreeSowore

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Maxymilliano(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2019
Talk and do ...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CharlotteFlair: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2019
The tin been pain presidency wehweh grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Okoroawusa: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2019
adem30:
Am telling you!!!...If this was military government as headed by Major General Buhari.... Nigeria for dey alright. This democracy is dulling the man...too many hurdles

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Okoroawusa: 7:29am On Dec 12, 2019
mushystuff:

After claiming freedom of speech and press, the same presidency has come out to say the Punch has no power to change his nomenclature from President to General no be so? Let's see in the coming days if the presidency and their attack dogs can respect this press freedom they have been claiming. I hope we don't start hearing of arrests/detention of Punch staff or raids or license revocation and if we do, I hope you will not start supporting in normal zombie-like manner and rather actually demand for press freedom to be respected.
You are contradicting yourself

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by mimilogs: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2019
Hope they won't retract the news later

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Ashabbiiee: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2019
Welcome development

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hand-Cuff, Leg Chain Removed From Igboho, As Security Grants Him Access To Wife / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) / Lagos #EndSARS Protesters Reject Drinks Donated By MC Oluomo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.