Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,247 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (64432 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NWABUKA007(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2019
this punch people need to apply wisdom o

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Topmaike007(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
Okay
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
But it's very true...... He is a dictator.......
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Wickedfacts: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
You people don't understand military psychology.
What Punch did is very very painful.

Buhari was always known as General, not with this Major-General issue, they have watered him down.

The day the import of this would sink in is where Buhari snaps a picture with Buratai. Buhari is Maj. Gen while Buratai is Lt. Gen. Buratai rank pass Buhari rank in service.

This thing no be punch, na uppercut.

5 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
If the presidential spokesperson called it bluff and told them to go ahead, then the presidency cannot be bothered
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Then, he should change his ways............

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by anonimi: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2019

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CaptainMeks: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2019
oldtruth:

Thank you. I am not sure you will be alive to witness that as hunger would have finished your own family. Let's keep our fingers crossed

lmao my family are too comfortable to be as hungry and anger withered as yours bro. Go and drink garri even if you cannot afford beans and you will be fine
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Am telling you!!!...If this was military government as headed by Major General Buhari.... Nigeria for dey alright. This democracy is dulling the man...too many hurdles

You get sense bro! Na goats plenty pass for this country. Nigeria can never change significantly with democracy, what we need is military approach.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CaptainMeks: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2019
Punch are hypocrites! This their annoyance with Buhari is simply because their account was frozen by the efcc.

They think we have forgotten how Dasuki paid PUNCH newspapers N10bn from $2.1bn Arms fund
. grin grin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by toprealman: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2019
Punch should be commended for doing what 99.9% of Nigerians can do.
Hope still de..... #ArsenalWestHam

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Senseless as usual ...All Buharist are actually sadist who have failed in life and don't know how to catch up
You are a genius

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by SarkinYarki: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2019
budusky05:

Why the wailing if you made it in life? Another Biafra detected.

You see why I say you Buharist all have low IQ ..so because I have made it I should be quiet while my country is being ruined by this pathetic govt ? So because I have made it the escalating poverty around will not affect me ko? The escalating crime level does not affect me ko? The bad roads don't affect me ko? The insecurity doesn't affect me ko ...see not everyone is self centered like you Buharist are .

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Okoroawusa: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2019
jieta:
You are not alone, i share your sentiments. He should just work on the economy and i think people will be OK with him
He is on it bro. It's just that in 2015 Nigerians we're so down by many years of poor leadership, infrastructural decay n neglect that we were expecting a magic. Buhari will come with a magic wand n the police man would stop collecting money on the road, all unpatriotic Nigerians will overnight become patriotic, our revenue will triple over night, fake pastors will disappear,kidnappers will lose the urge for quick money n so on... infact Nigerians were expecting a miracle. But it doesn't work that way
Again, he defeated some people to be the president...do you expect those people to be happy?... even if it's you won't you do all to sabotage his efforts?

I know the Buhari I voted in 2015 n 2019 n he has not disappointed me. We are crazy in this country. If you r too docile, Nigerians will you as panties.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by KingGBsky(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2019
Or she too don't know her husband had been cloned? Buhari is long dead na... So what is she expecting?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by redpencil: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Tulsaguy: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

See contradiction, confusion and hypocrisy.

They don't even know how dumb and idiotic they sound, a whole news paper.

PMB no send you..

smh

Another fool asslicker spotted in the market today. You sickness has no cure. Idiot

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by goldman777: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019
Buhari has gone to Egypt to receive tutorial lectures from another terrible dictator Egypt president el-zizi expect bubu charged up and badder than ever coaching from the dangerous Egyptian president most sure have an impact on our bubu
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by rahztafari(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2019
mushystuff:

After claiming freedom of speech and press, the same presidency has come out to say the Punch has no power to change his nomenclature from President to General no be so? Let's see in the coming days if the presidency and their attack dogs can respect this press freedom they have been claiming. I hope we don't start hearing of arrests/detention of Punch staff or raids or license revocation and if we do, I hope you will not start supporting in normal zombie-like manner and rather actually demand for press freedom to be respected.

And if buhari leaves Punch alone but keeps Sowore in Prison. Who won and who lost??

Think about it
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by WildChild00(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2019
Enwhen:
God save Nigerians ooo, the Hunger is too much for all these drama

epelle oooo Nigeria no go kill man pikin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by teejoyz: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2019
Not only punch, premium times is using it too
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by AreaFada2: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
iamDrRhymes:

You get sense bro! Na goats plenty pass for this country. Nigeria can never change significantly with democracy, what we need is military approach.
Abacha was 100 million goats in one person. IBB was another 100 million goats. Na today? shocked shocked
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Buhari was always known as General, not with this Major-General issue, they have watered him down.

The day the import of this would sink in is where Buhari snaps a picture with Buratai. Buhari is Maj. Gen while Buratai is Lt. Gen. Buratai rank pass Buhari rank in service.

This thing no be punch, na uppercut.

Don't be unreasonable, go and check that photo well. You will see that Buhari has 5 stars while Buratai has 3. Check the photo again but this time with your glasses.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by chukwuibuipob: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2019
cool very good.Useless government angry
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Talkingoil(m): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:
There is a new storm brewing at the home of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as his wife, Aisha, has alleged that his spokesman, Garba Shehu, takes orders from Mamman Daura.

Aisha says Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, now takes orders from her husband’s powerful nephew, Daura.
I think the president is fully aware, I think he's acting through his chief of staff

In a statement she signed on Wednesday, Mrs. Buhari said it was Daura that ordered Shehu to issue a statement to say that the office of the First Lady had been scrapped.

https://punchng.com/how-mamman-daura-used-garba-shehu-to-undermine-me-aisha/
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by WildChild00(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2019
President Major General Mohammedu Buhari, commander in chief of the the Army.......
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by naijaboy756: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2019
This is a bait by the Punch Newspapers.

Though very bold but watch how the illiterate over zealous officials of this government clamp down on the Punch and grant further credibility to the claim that he is a Major General

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by tonysunkan: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2019
I stand by Punch on this.

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by udemzyudex(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

lol... What is this one saying?

Yes, whatever makes you snore at night.

PMB no send you and punch.

Oga GTFO of this thread,your mumu is out of this world.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Wickedfacts: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2019
iamDrRhymes:
Don't be unreasonable, go and check that photo well. You will see that Buhari has 5 stars while Buratai has 3. Check the photo again but this time with your glasses.

Buhari never wore 5 stars in his military career. He retired as Major General, that's why he's still being referred to by his rank as at retirement. The ceremonial 5 stars worn by Buhari was also worn by GEJ on a visit to Maiduguri and several Army events.

As at today, Olonisakin, Buratai and Lamidi Adeosun wear the same ranks. 4 stars. Buhari didn't reach them before he was retired by IBB.

So, shut up your dirty mouth if you have nothing sensible to say.

4 Likes

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Bimpe29: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2019
That's the reality of dictator on the throne of a Democrat. Major General Muhammadu Buhar (Rtd)
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Psoul(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

See contradiction, confusion and hypocrisy.

They don't even know how dumb and idiotic they sound, a whole news paper.

PMB no send you..

smh

It only a very intelligent and sound head that will understand the serious effect of bn addressed as a Major General in a democratic government is.
To you, it means nothing. I was neither expecting it to mean anything to you. Ppl that have bn brainwashed will see no effect on that.

Imagine if we have any governor now that was a Military Administrator during the military regime and instead of addressing him as a governor of that state and you address him as the MILAD of that state. That will convey many bad signals concerning the person on that seat.

Back in those days in School, we give different names to our teachers according to their actions. Anyone hearing the name even from other school won't need much explanations to understand how that particular teacher behaves, weather the students like or hate him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

James Brown Meets Desmond Elliot (Photos) / President Buhari Counts 'Looted' Dollars At EFCC Headquarter (Photos) / 5 Top State Universities Teaching Hospitals In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.