Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,212 members, 7,825,795 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (64431 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Idadurun: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2019
Bringback9ja:
Idiagbon was the actor during Buhari's regime in 1983-1985

Daura is the major actor during Buhari's regime 2015-2019/ 2019-Present

All hail Major General Muhammadu Buhari
the man is a dummy. He's absolutely nothing. He's dead and buried according to his senile rite.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by ekitimanalways(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2019
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Ghostnick: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2019
NaMeAboki:
They can enjoy their freedom of speech while it lasts but cannot expect guaranteed freedom after speech; especially if they should delve into the realm of Spreading Hate Speeches and Fake News - special watery beans awaits them.
what am i expecting from a cow luvr... Show me the hate speech in the writeup...once a COW wil always remain a COW. make i no jst start... MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI whats the difference between Ghadafi and him?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2019
This is not the first time punch are doing this. They once called Jonathan's administration a regime. Calling him major general won't change a thing. Las las after two months they'll call him president again

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by futurism: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

See contradiction, confusion and hypocrisy.

They don't even know how dumb and idiotic they sound, a whole news paper.

PMB no send you..

smh
Doing is job for peanut as usual. Punch correspondence was kicked out of Aso Rock.... all aides have been reacting since and you say dem no send? lol.

joker.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by blowjohn(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2019
Enwhen:
God save Nigerians ooo, the Hunger is too much for all these drama

U mean the next level hunger?
So u ron know it comes next level drama?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Basher8583: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2019
mushystuff:

After claiming freedom of speech and press, the same presidency has come out to say the Punch has no power to change his nomenclature from President to General no be so? Let's see in the coming days if the presidency and their attack dogs can respect this press freedom they have been claiming. I hope we don't start hearing of arrests/detention of Punch staff or raids or license revocation and if we do, I hope you will not start supporting in normal zombie-like manner and rather actually demand for press freedom to be respected.

Provided their news is authentic and not based on unconfirmed and unprofessional source, they will be fine otherwise I fear for the organisation. It might end up like AIT
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by bonnyhope: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2019
IDeyNL:

Mind you, he's not a quota system product. He's an Omoluabi

Interprete "omoluabi"
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by imiski(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
If den like, make den address by field marshal idi amin, that's their headache, it's called freedom of speech, something they claim they don't have.

PMB no send you..

smh
BMC spotted.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2019
mushystuff:

After claiming freedom of speech and press, the same presidency has come out to say the Punch has no power to change his nomenclature from President to General no be so? Let's see in the coming days if the presidency and their attack dogs can respect this press freedom they have been claiming. I hope we don't start hearing of arrests/detention of Punch staff or raids or license revocation and if we do, I hope you will not start supporting in normal zombie-like manner and rather actually demand for press freedom to be respected.
sometimes I look at this country and I laugh, our senate are so corrupt that they don't care what is going on. Buhari has abused his power as a president. So many times, now breaching the court and arresting an activist has finally proved it. This missive of power actually warrants an impeachment. But no naw. The Senate's are all ass lickers. Even cjn can't talk.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2019
imiski:
BMC spotted.
That's sarrki grin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by amstamon: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Fake investigation to cover his disgraced face...shior! angry
audio investigation
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by oluwasegun007(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2019
Beautiful...
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Xano(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2019
Nice.
In addition to "Major General", include "regime"
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Numerouno94(m): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Am telling you!!!...If this was military government as headed by Major General Buhari.... Nigeria for dey alright. This democracy is dulling the man...too many hurdles
U donminit? Go on... Support evil. U nd ur generations go follow suffer d consequences. The funi tin wit ur typ is dat u're among d majority of d masses dat re suffering buh sentiments has cloud ur judgment.

As 4 me nd my family, we will continue to enjoy d grace nd blessing of d lord.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by maasoap(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:

In a statement she signed on Wednesday, Mrs. Buhari said it was Daura that ordered Shehu to issue a statement to say that the office of the First Lady had been scrapped.

It had been scrapped long time ago, just under APC. Aisha should accept the reality and move on.

To the punch editor, just always has it at the back of your mind that you are dealing with Major General rtd
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Enwhen(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2019
anonimi:

The hunger and extreme poverty from unemployment, insecurity, bad roads etc no be here.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4180477_1392483210143001453357818500537568220443822n_jpeg744fcdbcdbc4f5b147d46800faffe62b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4154190_foodprotectionbuhari_jpegc1990d1e353277144a6e91114e752e25

Lolsss...those your pics shall.... We need something more than prayers now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by maasoap(m): 10:50am On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

PMB no send you..
smh

Don't mind them, they're commenting with their hearts, not with their brains
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by JayPeeOham: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2019
EsomahJD:
He has never acted like a civilian president.

Shame on zom bs

Modified: He has never acted like a civilised president!!! grin

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by anonimi: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2019
Enwhen:
Lolsss...those your pics shall.... We need something more than prayers now.

I agree with you that we need more than prayers now.
We have to go beyond just talking.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5713197_img20170628wa0000_jpeg3476e5a16eb1d448ee4d07ba3eba039b

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by izubext007: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Maj. Gen. Buhari Is Nothing But Adolf Hiltler Of Nigeria. I No Talk Oooh!
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Enemyofpeace: 11:26am On Dec 12, 2019
Very very good. Las las Buhari must get sense
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by joepepsy(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2019
We need a general to savage the country,thank God we elected one.
hisexcellency34:
There is a new storm brewing at the home of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as his wife, Aisha, has alleged that his spokesman, Garba Shehu, takes orders from Mamman Daura.

Aisha says Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, now takes orders from her husband’s powerful nephew, Daura.

In a statement she signed on Wednesday, Mrs. Buhari said it was Daura that ordered Shehu to issue a statement to say that the office of the First Lady had been scrapped.

https://punchng.com/how-mamman-daura-used-garba-shehu-to-undermine-me-aisha/
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by luluosas(m): 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
And the general is allowing the idiotic Boko Haram terrorists to massacre our trained soldiers like ordinary street boys
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Horlufemi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is an evidence of freedom of speech
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by JJOF(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Am telling you!!!...If this was military government as headed by Major General Buhari.... Nigeria for dey alright. This democracy is dulling the man...too many hurdles
So true, just like the way it was alright some 3 decades ago. ZOMBIE wey no know history.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by cyrilamx(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
Wickedfacts:
You people don't understand military psychology.
What Punch did is very very painful.

Buhari was always known as General, not with this Major-General issue, they have watered him down.

The day the import of this would sink in is where Buhari snaps a picture with Buratai. Buhari is Maj. Gen while Buratai is Lt. Gen. Buratai rank pass Buhari rank in service.

This thing no be punch, na uppercut.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMeks:

lmao my family are too comfortable to be as hungry and anger withered as yours bro. Go and drink garri even if you cannot afford beans and you will be fine

Mr. Comfortable family. Good luck grin grin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by cyrilamx(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
Wickedfacts:
You people don't understand military psychology.
What Punch did is very very painful.

Buhari was always known as General, not with this Major-General issue, they have watered him down.

The day the import of this would sink in is where Buhari snaps a picture with Buratai. Buhari is Maj. Gen while Buratai is Lt. Gen. Buratai rank pass Buhari rank in service.

This thing no be punch, na uppercut.
It seems you dont understand how military work. Even Buratai will salute Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi rtd, current minister of defence cos he is not just his political overlord but also his senior then in d army. Beside Buratai was never a HoS. Babagida though a 4 star General still gives Buhari his complement as his superior and HoS b4 him.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by mushystuff: 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
CHESTER48:
sometimes I look at this country and I laugh, our senate are so corrupt that they don't care what is going on. Buhari has abused his power as a president. So many times, now breaching the court and arresting an activist has finally proved it. This missive of power actually warrants an impeachment. But no naw. The Senate's are all ass lickers. Even cjn can't talk.

CJN's priority is for Sharia to be taught in all universities in Arabic language and to even set up a faculty of Sharia and increase the number of Sharia judges at Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. That one is just an empty figure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

James Brown Meets Desmond Elliot (Photos) / President Buhari Counts 'Looted' Dollars At EFCC Headquarter (Photos) / 5 Top State Universities Teaching Hospitals In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.