Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,439 members, 7,826,693 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (64438 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
Spot on! # call evil by it's name!
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by realitynaija: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
Democracy must have a balance and comes with respect for all organs of govt.Major Gen. Buharis regime is drifting disgracefully. Punch's action is welcomed, hope others follow suit, let's see if this regime and her junta can survive the world's condemnation in isolation. Ruthless action requires brutal reaction
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Horlufemi(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Kingzeez10: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
Bethel4Life:
an omoluabic muslim u mean U know.. they and their northern brothers of the same faith think alike

Sense is far from you aswear
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by slimdamatrix1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
adem30:
Nothing I pray for more than Buhari to actually act like a Major General

Like it won't affect you and your family huh?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CaptainMeks: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
nonsense

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by benkk015: 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
I thanked the management of Punch for this bold step....that is why Punch remains the No1 Newspaper in Nigeria.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by BluntBoy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
And this was meant to achieve what exactly?

At least, they have yet to stop acknowledging him as the president.

Supposing he were a professor, the news would read: The President, Professor Muhammadu Buhari

There is nothing in "Major General" that suggests tyranny which they are trying to attack. It is just a military title.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Did he tell you that?
Cause all his reactions since the punch editorial seem to suggest a certain discomfort. I've not witnessed a situation where his two senior media aides respond to same issue in a short span of time since he became ruler... Sorry president.
Coupled with the investigation, it shows he felt the punch no matter how you may try to whitewash it

You mean all the investigations this administration set up since 2015 were announced because some worthless fake news media tagged the President of Nigeria with some meaningless label?

At the end of this very day, the President is still going to President Muhammadu Buhari, at the end of tomorrow, he's still going to be President Muhammadu Buhari, next month and next year, he's still going to be Muhammadu Buhari and you can not do anything about it so of what relevance and importance is that silly nonsense apart from exciting fringe elements like you on the internet.

You better find something better to do with your life.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Bluntemperor: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Exactly. That shows that Punch editorial indeed packed a punch

Can someone tell us when the President had a press conference to discuss Nigerian matters,seriously on TV,Radio and the World generally?
Can you brief us on how many appointments that was made in Nigeria and was fair to all the regions since inception of this administration? We reject a systematic way of attack on Nigerians,on the Judiciary and on the Press.If you fail to notice the Punch impact since yesterday,the world did acknowledged it.You can't fight the Press and it's potency Power in a true Democracy.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
Bluntemperor:

Can someone tell us when the President had a press conference to discuss Nigerian matters,seriously on TV,Radio and the World generally?
Can you brief us on how many appointments that was made in Nigeria and was fair to all the regions since inception of this administration? We reject a systematic way of attack on Nigerians,on the Judiciary and on the Press.If you fail to notice the Punch impact since yesterday,the world did acknowledged it.You can't fight the Press and it's potency Power in a true Democracy.

When Jona packed his administration with SE people and even boasted that the SE was the pillar of his administration, people like you applauded, rejoiced and celebrated that statement regardless of the implications in other parts of Nigeria, but all of a sudden today, you hypocrites are singing a different tune.

Hypocrisy is the song losers sing for attention
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

You mean all the investigations this administration set up since 2015 were announced because some worthless fake news media tagged the President of Nigeria with some meaningless label?

At the end of this very day, the President is still going to President Muhammadu Buhari, at the end of tomorrow, he's still going to be President Muhammadu Buhari, next month and next year, he's still going to be Muhammadu Buhari and you can not do anything about it so of what relevance and importance is that silly nonsense apart from exciting fringe elements like you on the internet.

You better find something better to do with your life.
I know understanding issues is not ur forte moreso when man must chop is the order of the day. But I don't recall any investigation when the DSS invaded the house of judges in the midnight. Even the nass invasion which was dealt with by Osinbajo, his fingers have been terribly burnt as a result while the main actor is still living large.
The fact remains that the media frenzy the editorial generated in the presidency is a testament to how deep the arrow hit its intended target and there's nothing you or anyone for dat matter can do abt it. Bearing the title of president is something Abacha, IBB did but today they live in ignominy. I hope you can understand that fact.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

When Jona packed his administration with SE people and even boasted that the SE was the pillar of his administration, people like you applauded, rejoiced and celebrated that statement regardless of the implications in other parts of Nigeria, but all of a sudden today, you hypocrites are singing a different tune.

Hypocrisy is the song losers sing for attention
If Dr Jonathan is a yardstick for measuring General Bùhari and he hasn't been able to surpass dat yardstick, has his tenure as ruler not been a waste of our national time?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
BluntBoy:
And this was meant to achieve what exactly?

At least, they have yet to stop acknowledging him as the president.

Supposing he were a professor, the news would read: The President, Professor Muhammadu Buhari

There is nothing in "Major General" that suggests tyranny which they are trying to attack. It is just a military title.
Seems you are oblivious to the tweet when buhari asked to be referred to as PMB moving forward and no longer GMB as a testament to his democratic renewal

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

I know understanding issues is not ur forte moreso when man must chop is the order of the day. But I don't recall any investigation when the DSS invaded the house of judges in the midnight. Even the nass invasion which was dealt with by Osinbajo, his fingers have been terribly burnt as a result while the main actor is still living large.
The fact remains that the media frenzy the editorial generated in the presidency is a testament to how deep the arrow hit its intended target and there's nothing you or anyone for dat matter can do abt it. Bearing the title of president is something Abacha, IBB did but today they live in ignominy. I hope you can understand that fact.

You didn't get the gist, whatever some dying and irrelevant news media published to excite some fringe elements and opposition supporters is practically meaningless and irrelevant, At the end of this very day, the President is still going to President Muhammadu Buhari, at the end of tomorrow, he's still going to be President Muhammadu Buhari, next month and next year, he's still going to be Muhammadu Buhari and you can not do anything about it so of what relevance and importance is that silly nonsense apart from exciting fringe elements like you on the internet.

You better find something better to do with your life because few days from now, you will move on to the next Dubai strategy rubbish just like you do all the time.

President Muhammadu Buhari, or if you like General President Muhammadu Buhari shall remain the president of Nigeria regardless of whatever name or drama you come up with.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

If Dr Jonathan is a yardstick for measuring General Bùhari and he hasn't been able to surpass dat yardstick, has his tenure as ruler not been a waste of our national time?

There's a difference between highlighting your hypocrisy and yardstick, that was pretty much common sense.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Seems you are oblivious to the tweet when buhari asked to be referred to as PMB moving forward and no longer GMB as a testament to his democratic renewal

And the world will stop if you don't address him as PMB? Or My gari will not swell inside water?

You people are not serious I swear.. grin grin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by akdjr(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
But they still add president na
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
General Muhammadu Buhari..

When leaders lead, others follow...

grin

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
akdjr:
But they still add president na

You see the confusion too... grin grin
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

And the world will stop if you don't address him as PMB? Or My gari will not swell inside water?

You people are not serious I swear.. grin grin
Maybe you should have told him dat when he canonised himself PMB. It pain am oh it pain am... The good thing is you're only useful for online battle, the main actor know say the thing pain am. Ask adeshina and garba
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

There's a difference between highlighting your hypocrisy and yardstick, that was pretty much common sense.

Not meeting a yardstick you set yourself and blaming others for not meeting it as well is the height of irresponsibly and hypocrisy
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

You didn't get the gist, whatever some dying and irrelevant news media published to excite some fringe elements and opposition supporters is practically meaningless and irrelevant, At the end of this very day, the President is still going to President Muhammadu Buhari, at the end of tomorrow, he's still going to be President Muhammadu Buhari, next month and next year, he's still going to be Muhammadu Buhari and you can not do anything about it so of what relevance and importance is that silly nonsense apart from exciting fringe elements like you on the internet.

You better find something better to do with your life because few days from now, you will move on to the next Dubai strategy rubbish just like you do all the time.

President Muhammadu Buhari, or if you like General President Muhammadu Buhari shall remain the president of Nigeria regardless of whatever name or drama you come up with.
And you will remain a pay per post merchant who is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as well. The buhari you've sacrificed ur brain and humanity for surely does not give a rat's ass if you live or die of hunger. He's busy thinking of the next country to junket to. Suck on that.
And if you're a supporter of buhari because of atiku, then I'm sorry my friend, your life is a total waste as I regret to inform you that what atiku is benefiting from this adminstration, you may not see a tenth of it in ur lifetime!!
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
the name is very perfect for him, their is consequences for our actions in life, buhari is running a military style government, perfect name, I love punch.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by CaptainMeks: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
payperpost:
the name is very perfect for him, their is consequences for our actions in life, buhari is running a military style government, perfect name, I love punch.

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=CaptainMeks post=84851419][/quote]
Is he really dat dull?
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
[s]
Agboriotejoye:

Not meeting a yardstick you set yourself and blaming others for not meeting it as well is the height of irresponsibly and hypocrisy
[/s]

Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Both sides of a coin. Stick to ur post I'll stick to mine. Blockhead
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
[s]
Agboriotejoye:

And you will remain a pay per post merchant who is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as well. The buhari you've sacrificed ur brain and humanity for surely does not give a rat's ass if you live or die of hunger. He's busy thinking of the next country to junket to. Suck on that.
And if you're a supporter of buhari because of atiku, then I'm sorry my friend, your life is a total waste as I regret to inform you that what atiku is benefiting from this adminstration, you may not see a tenth of it in ur lifetime!!
[/s]

Abeg stop crying and throwing tantrums, PMB is the president of Nigeria, the Nigerian majority put him in office and he's doing a wonderful job and the same majority love and respect him so the fact that some misguided elements and Dubai strategy opposition don't like him is utterly irrelevant.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by NGpatriot: 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Both sides of a coin. Stick to ur post I'll stick to mine. Blockhead

E pain am . grin grin

You should have thought about that before quoting me with your pained rubbish.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:

E pain am . grin grin

You should have thought about that before quoting me with your pained rubbish.

Pain? I think you should look at the mirror if you want to see pain. It's written all over you. I just don't have the time to argue with a empty, sellout who is devoid of the minimum amount of commonsense and reasoning expected of a toddler. Just look around you and see how you're being steadily unmasked and derided.
Re: PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Abeg stop crying and throwing tantrums, PMB is the president of Nigeria, the Nigerian majority put him in office and he's doing a wonderful job and the same majority love and respect him so the fact that some misguided elements and Dubai strategy opposition don't like him is utterly irrelevant.

GMB is the president but doing a wonderful job is a no no as recent events have shown. Even his wife does not think so neither does she respect him enough to hide her feelings.
Dubai strategy or whatever is old story. The proponent is back in Nigeria. Abi you wish he took you along ni? You should be more concerned about UK medical tourism. That's something that has direct impact on the country not some phantom Dubai strategy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos #EndSARS Protesters Reject Drinks Donated By MC Oluomo (Video) / Sanusi's Removal As Emir: Dele Momodu Poses Question On Future / Corporal Eberechukwu Emereuwa Killed By Unknown Gunmen In Imo State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.