Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,593 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? (15357 Views)

Throwback: Court Orders Uniform Cut Off Mark For Unity Schools. / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 12:20am On May 03
adanny01:

I will perish with my country, what about you? If you will not, why do you care?

Unity is when u see the a Nigerian from Kano and the other from Ibadan as your brother and understand him and tolerate him in his way of life.

A unity school is where u meet people from every state of Nigeria, live with them, study their culture, and understand how and why they do the things they do which at the end you should be able to propagate unity to those who don't understand other people. That's the aim.

What you are displaying is the exact thing the unity school is trying to eradicate.

That's your own definition of Unity,
What's the purpose of that your Unity?

You reject the admission of people from Anambra state because they scored 138 and admitted people who scored 2 because they are from Yobe state.

This made some students to change the state of their origin for them not to miss admission.

You're just evil for supporting evils.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 12:22am On May 03
adanny01:

I will perish with my country, what about you? If you will not, why do you care?

Unity is when u see the a Nigerian from Kano and the other from Ibadan as your brother and understand him and tolerate him in his way of life.

A unity school is where u meet people from every state of Nigeria, live with them, study their culture, and understand how and why they do the things they do which at the end you should be able to propagate unity to those who don't understand other people. That's the aim.

What you are displaying is the exact thing the unity school is trying to eradicate.

People who support evil will perish with it. You think you own me? It's time up for you.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 1:40am On May 03
AnyanwuSilas:

That's your own definition of Unity,
What's the purpose of that your Unity?

You reject the admission of people from Anambra state because they scored 138 and admitted people who scored 2 because they are from Yobe state.

This made some students to change the state of their origin for them not to miss admission.

You're just evil for supporting evils.

It's obvious you have no comprehension.

No matter what you read, you will never understand.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by SonofLagos: 5:43am On May 03
AnyanwuSilas:

But your Oduduwa representatives are in those prisons too, why did you remove KSA? Why is there no Biafran in it?
😂 idiat the whole world now know you Igbos as drug traffickers….keep playing ostrich grin I’m sure you also have a family member probably on death row in Asia, your useless tribe is almost going into extinction, and here you are still beating your dry chest Arindin😂
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stuffs2002: 7:53am On May 03
AnyanwuSilas:

She learnt that from Tinubu your lord.

If I listing exam malpractice in the North you will bow. Kids don't even take exam by themselves, invigilators are paid to help them.

Remember Chibok girls that didn't understand English but were about to sit for WAEC's Physics exam shortly before they were kidnapped? How would they read physics without question without knowing English?

All these radio biafla stories that ipob listens to eh

Chibok school is a federal government secondary school is the one ipob says they don't understand English?
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 12:09am On May 05
adanny01:

It's obvious you have no comprehension.

No matter what you read, you will never understand.

Your explanation is senseless so I don't agree with what you said. Rejecting your silly defensive comments don't mean I lack understanding.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 12:13am On May 05
SonofLagos:
😂 idiat the whole world now know you Igbos as drug traffickers….keep playing ostrich grin I’m sure you also have a family member probably on death row in Asia, your useless tribe is almost going into extinction, and here you are still beating your dry chest Arindin😂

The whole world? that's overstatement. Anyway the fact is that 23 Nigerians were on death row in Saudi Arabia for drug pushing and were all Yoruba.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 1:00am On May 05
AnyanwuSilas:

Your explanation is senseless so I don't agree with what you said. Rejecting your silly defensive comments don't mean I lack understanding.

You should ask yourself, are there no Igbos in the management of unity schools. Do they hold the same opinion as you? Am sure not, because I know that they understand what Unity school is meant for but you don't understand.

All your ranting boils down to ignorance.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 7:38pm On May 05
adanny01:

You should ask yourself, are there no Igbos in the management of unity schools. Do they hold the same opinion as you? Am sure not, because I know that they understand what Unity school is meant for but you don't understand.

All your ranting boils down to ignorance.

We are not talking of ethnicity here but injustice against some people indigenous to some states state mostly from the South.

Some students change/deny their State of origin because of cut-off mark just to get admitted into the so called One Nigeria National school.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 9:13pm On May 05
AnyanwuSilas:

We are not talking of ethnicity here but injustice against some people indigenous to some states state mostly from the South.

Some students change/deny their State of origin because of cut-off mark just to get admitted into the so called One Nigeria National school.

It means you people are the problem.

The number of people required from each state is the same. Why do people from the east come out in millions trying to get to Unity school and people from the north do not care and hardly fill their slots. Meanwhile it is important from all states to be there. Why will you say its injustice when the struggle is not the same from every state. The cut off is a reflection of the number of applications from a state. It s not injustice.

If you want to employ workers and the minimum criteria is 3rd class degree and only 2 people are required while 4 applied. It's easy to select. But when 1 million apply, you will push up the qualification say 2-2 so that less people will apply. if 20 million apply, to reduce the application you will say you want only first class. That's what is happening to the SE and SW.

If 20 people are required for each state but 10 apply from Yobe, that means even if they get 2points, they will be admitted. But if 20 is required from Anambra, and 20 million apply, the best way to screen down to 20 is put a very high cut off.

Why do oil companies demand for first class graduates? It's simple, it's a high paying job and applications are high, So automatically, their entry criteria is also high. If no one wants the job, they will drop to even 3rd class or pass..

There is no injustice, is just pure logic.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by AnyanwuSilas: 7:56pm On May 06
adanny01:

It means you people are the problem.

The number of people required from each state is the same. Why do people from the east come out in millions trying to get to Unity school and people from the north do not care and hardly fill their slots. Meanwhile it is important from all states to be there. Why will you say its injustice when the struggle is not the same from every state. The cut off is a reflection of the number of applications from a state. It s not injustice.

If you want to employ workers and the minimum criteria is 3rd class degree and only 2 people are required while 4 applied. It's easy to select. But when 1 million apply, you will push up the qualification say 2-2 so that less people will apply. if 20 million apply, to reduce the application you will say you want only first class. That's what is happening to the SE and SW.

If 20 people are required for each state but 10 apply from Yobe, that means even if they get 2points, they will be admitted. But if 20 is required from Anambra, and 20 million apply, the best way to screen down to 20 is put a very high cut off.

Why do oil companies demand for first class graduates? It's simple, it's a high paying job and applications are high, So automatically, their entry criteria is also high. If no one wants the job, they will drop to even 3rd class or pass..

There is no injustice, is just pure logic.

It's not logical, It simply means we're not one, One Nigeria is fraud. Nigeria don't practice true federalism.

Same thing they do when employing workers in oil rich regions in the South. They use quoter system to employ less qualified people from the core North and leave out most of the indigenous people who are more qualify.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 8:56pm On May 06
AnyanwuSilas:

It's not logical, It simply means we're not one, One Nigeria is fraud. Nigeria don't practice true federalism.

Same thing they do when employing workers in oil rich regions in the South. They use quoter system to employ less qualified people from the core North and leave out most of the indigenous people who are more qualify.

If common logic eludes you, what in this world makes you think you are better? If you think people you have never been with are not intelligent, how can you truly compare yourself. You for sure didn't school with Northerners, if you did, you will understand you grew up, went to school in a box.

No denying, there is serious illiteracy in the north more than anywhere in Nigeria, same as poverty. Its not a coincidence. It is not because they are dumb. they simply are too poor and think less of education.

This is my last comment because arguing with someone with little comprehension is like fighting a mad man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / WAEC 2015 November/december GCE Application Has Commenced / FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.