Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,551 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? (15368 Views)

Throwback: Court Orders Uniform Cut Off Mark For Unity Schools. / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Mindlog: 11:04pm On Apr 27
stuffs2002:

Fixed

Eyah but on a serious note, calm down as Psychiatrists whey dey Nigeria no reach 400 for over 200 million people though you are still manageable based on my experience. cheesy
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 11:11pm On Apr 27
SKYHIGHfx:

Poor man, I don't go about insulting people because of 30k per month....
Funny enough, that is exactly what you do for living. The more reason you feel everyone else does that. Many of your types have been exposed on several occasions on social media. Owning mansion in the village only to be caught red handed begging for money. Internet almajiri on one hand and social media Dangote on the other hand. I can feed your generation for 20 years without a dent in my account, go and verify.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 11:14pm On Apr 27
Hankim:

Look at this wretched riff raff with ( you fight lion scar face undecided

I can feed your generation for 20 years without any dent on my account. Wretched thing, go and verify.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 11:18pm On Apr 27
Gilgil:
If you claim to be educationally disadvantaged for over 50 years despite all the resources and opportunities poured on you, then doesn’t it mean you are not interested in education?

Why not face another career direction instead of denying those interested in education the chance?

Tell me, if you have a relative who you have been pouring money on yet for a life path still delivering bad results, wouldn’t you tell them it’s time to stop, and focus your money on those interested?

Educationally less developed for more than half a century? Give me a break!

The very essence of unity school is the unification of Nigerians and for that reason, slots are allotted to every state for participation in the program. But funny enough, the same human beings who say they are not Nigerians are the noisiest of how students are being admitted into unity colleges. Isn't that funny? Are you now unity beggars?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 11:43pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

I can feed your generation for 20 years without any dent on my account. Wretched thing, go and verify.

Look at this wretched riff raff, can you survive without APC 30k monthly stipend? stop causing nuisance on Nairaland and allow people with brain to discuss.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 11:44pm On Apr 27
Richtaiwo:

The very essence of unity school is the unification of Nigerians and for that reason, slots are allotted to every state for participation in the program. But funny enough, the same human beings who say they are not Nigerians are the noisiest of how students are being admitted into unity colleges. Isn't that funny? Are you now unity beggars?

What else do we expect from someone who smash his head 4 times a day in the name of worship, dude go get a life
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 11:53pm On Apr 27
Hankim:

Look at this wretched riff raff, can you survive without APC 30k monthly stipend? stop causing nuisance on Nairaland and allow people with brain to discuss.
According to your poverty stricken brain, the only discussion that comes from brain is the one that suits the narrative of ipob miscreants. Between you and I, who sound wretched? I know your dream in life is to be licking politician shoes for 30k monthly. And I repeat, I can feed your generation for 20 years comfortably. Lastly, the 30k monthly nonsense is already stale, search for something else. But since your brain has been so afflicted with poverty, let me check if it is still functional as follows. If I ever get paid for any online activities by any politician or his representative, may the worse form of death occur to me before this year runs out. But if however, there is nothing like that, may that be exactly your portion. Since you believe in the lies you and your ilk keep spreading online for a dead propaganda, I expect you to say amen. Very irritating lying things. Besides, your amen or not doesn't stop anything, that is what it shall be.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Splendid235: 11:55pm On Apr 27
Talk about merit for once in your life. If they are not Nigerians as you said, then leave them have their own country and rest. Let me say it again,if Nigeria remains one,it will never develop even in the next two hundred years.
Richtaiwo:

But some people who claim they are not Nigerians will rather prefer all the slots be allocated to them to the detriment of educationally disadvantaged Nigerian states. Nigeria really dodged a big missile.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 11:56pm On Apr 27
slivertongue:

yet states with lower scores have more intakes than those with high scores. Some state with the lowest scores don't even fill their quota despite encouraging requirement. But what manner policy which favours 10/100 over 50/100 yields better results

It's unity school for god's sake. The aim for the school is unity. The aim is not excellence. The aim is to go to school with people from all states of Nigeria. How difficult is this aim for you to understand.

All states have equal opportunities, it's not about how much you score. The how much you score is meant within your own state. Some States are educationally ahead and some are backwards. The aim is to have the same number from all states.

Those who don't fill their quotas is not because they can't excell, it's because they mostly are not interested.

Secondary education is the responsibility of state governments, but Unity schools by FG is meant for national integration and for unity. You guys are just looking at the subsidized quality they have but not looking at the aim.

Once FG does what you think they should do, it means unity schools have failed and it will be scrapped. Just because Anambra scores high does not mean Anambra should have higher admission. Will it be a unity school if everyone in the school is from Anambra?
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 11:59pm On Apr 27
Hankim:

What else do we expect from someone who smash his head 4 times a day in the name of worship, dude go get a life
Here he goes again, he swings to religion like a demented monkey. I should be telling you poor thing to go get a life, you poverty stricken thing. If not for dementia, how exactly does Islamic prayers creep into this topic? Na poverty go kill your generation.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:03am On Apr 28
Splendid235:
Talk about merit for once in your life. If they are not Nigerians as you said, then leave them have their own country and rest. Let me say it again,if Nigeria remains one,it will never develop even in the next two hundred years.
Unity colleges were created for a purpose and the criteria for admission remains the same, if you like, cry blood. The purpose of Unity college is for unification of the country through children and as such, all states are to participate in the program. Funny how you that say you are not a Nigerian suddenly start making noise about a program for uniting Nigerians. Are you now Unity beggars? Lastly, who is holding them from going?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:06am On Apr 28
adanny01:

It's unity school for god's sake. The aim for the school is unity. The aim is not excellence. The aim is to go to school with people from all states of Nigeria. How difficult is this aim for you to understand.

Al states have equal opportunities, it's not about how much you score. The how much you score is meant within your own state. Some States are educationally ahead and some are backwards. The aim is to have the same number from all states.
Allow them to keep foaming from both sides of their mouth showcasing stark Ignorance. I don’t understand how same people who claim they are not Nigerians become so interested in a program mainly for uniting Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 12:14am On Apr 28
Richtaiwo:

According to your poverty stricken brain, the only discussion that comes from brain is the one that suits the narrative of ipob miscreants. Between you and I, who sound wretched? I know your dream in life is to be licking politician shoes for 30k monthly. And I repeat, I can feed your generation for 20 years comfortably. Lastly, the 30k monthly nonsense is already stale, search for something else. But since your brain has been so afflicted with poverty, let me check if it is still functional as follows. If I ever get paid for any online activities by any politician or his representative, may the worse form of death occur to me before this year runs out. But if however, there is nothing like that, may that be exactly your portion. Since you believe in the lies you and your ilk keep spreading online for a dead propaganda, I expect you to say amen. Very irritating lying things. Besides, your amen or not doesn't stop anything, that is what it shall be.

From your write up you are a kid and obviously suffering from low self esteem, how do you know you are richer than me online and can feed my entire generation for 20 years, whoever read this crap will be laughing, I'm quite sure you are talking to me with I pass my neighbor Tiger or Yamaha Generator, I have no business with that Ghetto you call a Country? please get a life grin grin
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 12:16am On Apr 28
stuffs2002:

I can tell you that the girl from Kaduna and Sokoto are far more intelligent than your elder sister because the girl from Sokoto and Kasuna are brandishing their true scores unlike your elder sister and nearly all SE states with fake results from miracle centres

I was afraid to say this because I know already the backlash that will follow.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 12:20am On Apr 28
adanny01:

Where is your evidence to this claim, jealous no go kill una, spit
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by slivertongue: 12:21am On Apr 28
adanny01:

Al states have equal opportunities, it's not about how much you score. The how much you score is meant within your own state. SOME STATES ARE EDUCATIONALLY AHEAD AND SOME ARE BACKWARDS. The aim is to have the same number from all states.

slivertongue:
"my state's requirement is fair. But THE SCORE FOR ANAMBRA SHOW THEY ARE ACADEMICALLY MORE CAPABLE THAN OTHER STATES."

adanny01 5:29pm On Apr 27
"I don't agree.

On the contrary, the high cut off is due to numbers of applications or competition within a state.

adanny01 11:56pm On Apr 27

"SOME STATES ARE EDUCATIONALLY AHEAD AND SOME ARE BACKWARDS"

At last you agreed to my point.

"The aim is to have the same number from all states."

I understand that claim as to why the scores are high. but you should answer to why some states have more slots than others since there is balance. Also answer to why states with favourable scores like Zamfara, Kebbi, Yobe, sokoto don't take up all their slots.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 12:24am On Apr 28
Hankim:

From your write up you are a kid and obviously suffering from low self esteem, how do you know you are richer than me online and can feed my entire generation for 20 years, whoever read this crap will be laughing, I'm quite sure you are talking to me with I pass my neighbor Tiger or Yamaha Generator, I have no business with that Ghetto you call a Country? please get a life grin grin
Spoken like a true empty braggart they are easily identified with. I don’t know him, yet he knows me and even went ahead to describe my source of electric power, lol. The clown even went ahead to boast he stays outside Nigeria obviously claiming to be rich. Even if he is actually outside Nigeria, I have no doubt he sleeps on the street. Small fry, being outside Nigeria is new to you because you are wretched. Not everyone is in that pathetic condition. Besides, I expect a better comeback, not this watery nonsense just to show poverty has chased you of the country.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 12:26am On Apr 28
slivertongue:

slivertongue:
"my state's requirement is fair. But THE SCORE FOR ANAMBRA SHOW THEY ARE ACADEMICALLY MORE CAPABLE THAN OTHER STATES."

"I don't agree.

On the contrary, the high cut off is due to numbers of applications or competition within a state.

"SOME STATES ARE EDUCATIONALLY AHEAD AND SOME ARE BACKWARDS"

At last you agreed to my point.

"I don't agree

You quoted me saying I don't agree, but saying I agreed.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Hankim: 12:32am On Apr 28
Richtaiwo:

Spoken like a true empty braggart they are easily identified with. I don’t know him, yet he knows me and even went ahead to describe my source of electric power, lol. The clown even went ahead to boast he stays outside Nigeria obviously claiming to be rich. Even if he is actually outside Nigeria, I have no doubt he sleeps on the street. Small fry, being outside Nigeria is new to you because you are wretched. Not everyone is in that pathetic condition. Besides, I expect a better comeback, not this watery nonsense just to show poverty has chased you of the country.

Miscreant, can your darling Nigeria afford 24 electricity power for 2 days laso! grin? I thought you claimed to be rich and can feed my entire generation for 20 years, how do you intend to do that with your 30k from APC?
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Evercurious(f): 1:04am On Apr 28
Mindlog:
My eldest sister scored 543 when it was over 600 and Imo state had the highest cut off mark of 527 back then.

She passed the subsequent interview but was not given admission to her first choice of Queens College, Lagos nor her second choice FGC Ijanikin as my parents wanted her to remain in Lagos....dem post am go FGC Sokoto but her classmate from Kaduna who scored less than 450 got admitted into Queens College...my parents said thunder fire Federal Ministry of Education and refused the admission, got my sister enrolled in a day secondary school in Lagos 😂😂😂

Catchment area... Your parents didn't know that. Moreover for Queen's college, that score wasn't good enough cos there re lots of people like her with higher scores who chose Queens college. Even with a 576 ,my parents didn't take such risk.. Better go for your state or schools within your catchment area
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Splendid235: 1:21am On Apr 28
Talk about once in your life. If they are not Nigerians then leave them have their own country and rest. Let me say it again,if Nigeria remains one,it will never develop even in the next two hundred years.
Richtaiwo:

But some people who claim they are not Nigerians will rather prefer all the slots be allocated to them to the detriment of educationally disadvantaged Nigerian states. Nigeria really dodged a big missile.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Everfrank(m): 1:44am On Apr 28
Jokerman:
The cut of marks for pupils seeking to get admission into Federal secondary schools recently released shows a disparity in cut off marks.

Why will someone from Anambra need to score as high as 139, and someone in Yobe need to score 2?

Or why will someone in Lagos need to score 133 and another from Kebbi need to score 9 to gain admission??

This is complete mischief, fallacy and misleading.
The figures given in the document did not show cut off marks.
The cut off title below is a heading for another table altogether that is not shown.
The op should state his source.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Richtaiwo: 1:47am On Apr 28
Splendid235:
Talk about once in your life. If they are not Nigerians then leave them have their own country and rest. Let me say it again,if Nigeria remains one,it will never develop even in the next two hundred years.
Also get it into your skull. Secondary school education is the responsibility of the state government. Unity colleges were established for a purpose and you can't twist that founding mandate under any guise. A unity college with all the students from one zone is no longer serving its purpose. You are here talking about if Nigeria remains one bla bla bla, yet unity colleges should admit only based on score. Do I need a prophet to know you don't even understand what unity college is all about? Lastly, who is holding you from leaving? Who? As for me, I swear with anything, if you leaving this country is within my control, before dawn, that agreement will be signed. And within 3 days, everyone would have relocated to his/her country.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by gabbytabby: 3:57am On Apr 28
State government are responsible for Secondary Education while unity schools are an essential social experiment to foster integration and unification of the Nigérian Population.

With unity schools it allows children to build close bonds with other children from other states and to see that humans are essentially the same and we all seek to trive in this world. Nobody carry horn for head, nobody is evil and nobody better pass anybody. Such that this then filters into the society at large and we are able to live in peace with one another.

Back to your question unity schools core purpose requires that opportunity is given to maximise the chance that children from every state is represented.

I am Yoruba and a product of a unity school in Anambra state. I have found that my tenants who attended unity schools are more socially adaptable and integrate better when they go to other states.

Often times some Igbo will continue to push a narrative which suggests that they lack understanding or common sense or lack a capacity for joined up thinking and out of greed they believe only them should get everything, those ones are not trainable and one needs to allow those to wallow in their ignorance.

Jokerman:
The cut of marks for pupils seeking to get admission into Federal secondary schools recently released shows a disparity in cut off marks.

Why will someone from Anambra need to score as high as 139, and someone in Yobe need to score 2?

Or why will someone in Lagos need to score 133 and another from Kebbi need to score 9 to gain admission??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stuffs2002: 6:20am On Apr 28
adanny01:

We will continue to tell them the truth even if they insult us.

Northerners with low but genuine scores are far better than SE with fake high scores from miracle centers.

Sports people are given all types of bans for taking substances that enhances thwit perfomance. No one praises sportmen who are guilty of cheating.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stuffs2002: 6:30am On Apr 28
onumadu:
You see Anambra at 139, yet you also see some "Nigerians" in Nairaland saying that Peter Obi will never be allowed to become president of Nigeria.
Isn't that the clearest proof that Nigeria is cursed somehow?

Northerners with low but genuine scores are far better than SE with fake high scores from miracle centers.

Sports people are given all types of bans for taking substances that enhances their perfomance. No one praises sportmen who are guilty of cheating.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stuffs2002: 6:34am On Apr 28
Mindlog:

Eyah but on a serious note, calm down as Psychiatrists whey dey Nigeria no reach 400 for over 200 million people though you are still manageable based on my experience. cheesy

CANNIBALS sef dey talk where humans are talking.

Just go back to taking your mkporu mirri and eating raw human meat since that is what SE are known for.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by JOACHINpedro: 6:35am On Apr 28
stuffs2002:

Sports people are given all types of bans for taking substances that enhances their perfomance. No one praises sportmen who are guilty of cheating.
'Low but genuine' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by stuffs2002: 6:42am On Apr 28
JOACHINpedro:

'Low but genuine' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SE always disgracing Nigeria home and abroad.

Cannibals don't even know that examination malpractice is a crime.
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by SKYHIGHfx: 6:51am On Apr 28
Richtaiwo:

Funny enough, that is exactly what you do for living. The more reason you feel everyone else does that. Many of your types have been exposed on several occasions on social media. Owning mansion in the village only to be caught red handed begging for money. Internet almajiri on one hand and social media Dangote on the other hand. I can feed your generation for 20 years without a dent in my account, go and verify.

See this werey, get a life, very poor wretched Taiwo.. 30k per month job
Re: Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? by Mindlog: 7:19am On Apr 28
stuffs2002:

CANNIBALS sef dey talk where humans are talking.

Just go back to taking your mkporu mirri and eating raw human meat since that is what SE are known for.

Eyah, d only thing whey dey pain me reading this, is that I am not getting paid...sha everything no be work. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

All Nigeria Banks Branches, Addresses And Sort Codes / OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course / Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.