Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,392 members, 7,839,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

China's Forey Into Nigeria, To Who's Benefit, Nigeria Or China? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China's Forey Into Nigeria, To Who's Benefit, Nigeria Or China? (794 Views)

PHCN PRIVATISATION WILL FAVOUR&BENEFIT NIGERIA...do You Believe ? / Un Security Council Reform May Benefit Nigeria / High Price Of Oil May Not Benefit Nigeria- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

China's Forey Into Nigeria, To Who's Benefit, Nigeria Or China? by nylawal(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2007
I watched a documentary on Al-Jazeera (which is still running) on china and the way it is spreading it's tentacles. Nigeria being a consumer nation need to be wary of China who is flooding our markets with substandard goods. in the documentary I watched, an empty factory was shown and a Nigerian was explaining that it is one of the consequences of Chinese cheap imports. Job security is the best form of security, because out of the modern day robbers in Nigeria, some of them are graduates.

If you go to China town in Lagos they have smuggled in several hundreds of bails of textiles which has killed off our remaining textile factories. My friend told me that he doesn't buy flash drive any more rather he goes for memory cards because computer accessories and phones from China has destroyed public confidence and if care is not taken China will soon take over our economy.

The Foreign ministry need to look into the activities of some of these Chinese expatriates as being done in Argentina where some of their products have been banned. If this trend continues the Niger Delta will only be a child's play. Abeg nairalanders your opinions,

(1) (Reply)

People In The News: Arrest In Abuse Case At Oprah's School / Checks And Balances / Zenith Bank Share Offer Debuts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.