Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President (13420 Views)

Poll: Who would you prefer for the next Nigeria president?

Tinubu and Fashola: 26% (117 votes)
Buhari: 31% (139 votes)
Jonathan (2nd Term): 33% (144 votes)
Aliko Dangote: 6% (28 votes)
Babangida: 1% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Is Nigeria’s Next President, Says Obasanjo / Fresh Bombshell: Jonathan, Buhari Not Nigeria’s Next President / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by fio(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
manchy7531: in the name of fairness and true unity sakes i will want the presidency to move to the south east after jonathan.the north must wait.if at all they have any good leader, such leaders are needed at their state level first because they will impact more on their people than at the presidential level.the likes of ribadu,sanusi,el rufai should go and govern their states,lift their people out of the chains of illiteracy,diseases and idleness.then they can come for presidency. As for the south east obviously rochas okorocha(imo state governor) stands out with a ribadu as his vice,if am to chose my candidates.giving the presidency to the igbo/SE will go along way in healing the wounds of the civil war and make them truly feel they have been accepted back into Nigeria and they will have no reason to agitate for biafra again.IMO,What Nigeria needs most now is unity, patriotism and tolerance.with that will will be able to speak with one voice as a people and then we will be able to fight corruption,tribalism and injustice.

That is my take

my friend, tribalism can't solve tribalism. What we need is a good and competent leader, regional rotation of presidency won't do us good. What we need is unity, to rise above tribalism.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by HammedSodiqq: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
It is unfortunate that at this critical time that the president is concentrating on issues that will deliver the gains of democracy to Nigerians, mischieve makers are busy settin up sites for online voting just to distract mr president. the complain about rigging, yet they are busy rigging the process. NIgerians know who their true leaders are, and are strongly behind GEJ
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
Pastor Chris Okotie of fresh party.. The office needs fresh air from fresh people
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by MurphyT1: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
Why r u guys stl including Buhari in presidential polls...him no dey tired...when I was a child, Buhari was d president, now I'm older, he is stl contesting, na wa o..I wonder when de future leaders will come on board,smh..Nigeria is where she is now cos of Buhari, he should just go and farm in Katsina jorrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by kebbycool(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
Tinubu and fashola
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Euroclydon(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
Good governance= Buhari,which mean amongst 160million,only he can lead the country Even wen he contested against Yar'adua a fellow northerner,he said it was rigged cos he did not win. He was the one dat even put Nigerians into the mess in the first place...if u go down memory-lane. He is self-centered and high tempered! Does he hav an e-mail address or twitter account?
and you are voting him to lead us in dis 21st century? Guys think again.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by curtain: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
DAVID MARK PRESIDENT, FASHOLA VICE. OR DAVID MARK AND ROCHAS. tinubu shud leave fashola out of his alliance wit dos hyenas.... Unless fashola himself has sworn unclad 2 b loyal 2 tinubu's antics forever. D way gbenga daniel made his loyalist swore naked..... There can be no saraki in lagos.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Deekaydadon(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
@SuyaEater I can see u havnt been to Lagos lately....the problem with the floods is due to the topography and geographical location of Lagos.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by movicy(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ojobojo1: Guy remove tinubu and put Fashola/Elrufai even if them chop moni,dem go do tinz
Who is Elrufai coz d sound strange'abi d guy na almajirin 4 north,fashola nd rochas plz
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by movicy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ojobojo1: Guy remove tinubu and put Fashola/Elrufai even if them chop moni,dem go do tinz
Who is Elrufai coz name d sound strange'abi d guy na almajirin 4 north,fashola nd rochas plz
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Akpan107(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
GEJ will definately continue come 2015. We will never joke with his returning. He must complete his second term! Boko Haram cant stop him, no matter how they are being used to destroy his government. Very soon, Boko Haram would be a thing of the past.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by HammedSodiqq: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nigerian politics has gone beyond the employment of the services of those who had hitherto failed us when they occupied the same office they are clamoring for today. Buhari's highhandedness, ruthlessness, being hot tempered, posing threat of bloodshed, support for violence have ruled him out. Consistency in politics pays. But our Buhari has never being. He jumps from party to party, changes his political views on per minute basis. He is not fit for any elective position. Today he is not contesting, tomorrow he is saying something different. Ashawo politician wan lead the greatest African country. Oops
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by tevinsolt: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
why not just fashola the hell? undecided
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by lumeneng22: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
I would have love an igbo man of Rochas okorocha to be but since he is not on the list, let GEJ continue the journey of transformation which he has started.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by ayomidefalaye(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
I prefer mimiko or fayose or okorosa
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by BeraBera(f): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
I dont understand why people are voting for Gen. Buhari in dis matter. Are u guys not biased? His supporters should read in between d lines and take dressing. Say "NO" to BUhari!
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Willy411: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
I rather die than to vote for buhari.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Why don't you have an option for "NONE".

The options you have there are either dictators, or clueless. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by maybel(m): 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
I'm a yoruba man but i think it is unfair not to add Rochas Okorocha to dat list except if d Op is not a Nigerian. Can't u see dat Imo is changing?I therefore move a motion dat Tinubu's name be removed and be replaced by Rochas before i lose my temper,....bigot.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by otumfour(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ruq:
who da f#ck is this duffer? jerry rawlings? god think again dumbo! he controlled a lesser population for all i know, with lesser ethnic groups. be rational in your thinking. rawlings would commit suicide if he was here.

Any sane person tht takes his/her time to look @ ur profile pic, will be a fool to take u serious......dude u are one ugly looking ape shocked......how many years have u been wearing tht shirt? And wtf happened to ur hair, did u juz escape from the mental hospital? Dem boko haram fo0ls go luv ur look, Ur face muhehehehe grin grin......shixt dude...I see a wooden ladder behind u, are u a carpenter Why is ur head way bigger than ur body ..... grin grin...dirty gay
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Molarmass(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
Fix in orji uzors name dia..,
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
zumarock8: :Pis dat all u can mention, re the no igbos to add in the pool? Anywere none
of the above. tongue

Now my dear friend that's tribalistic, meanwhile, I guess I might have concluded Jonathan would stand in as igbo, cos he's neither yourba nor hausa. Unless you're asking me to also add a fulani man, babangida is nupe and I consider that hausa. So Jonathan is filed under igbo for my own calcu.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by achukwunet(f): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
For those 103 who voted for Jonathan, you will allow your country to sink even lower than what it is today. Worst choice you could ever make for a president. Corrupt, unintelligent and hasn't done anything for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
None. I'l rather go with any of these:
1. Dimeji Bankole/ Farouk Lawan
2. Aregbesola/ Theodore Orji
3. Uduaghan/ Ohakim
4. Timipriye Silva/ Patricia Etteh.

Nigerians deserve them
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by MrEverest(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nosu: Pls u guy shld stop call Rochas, a very inhuman person. U guys should look for another candidate, a man dat can't rule his state properly want to rule the nation. Total rubbish
I was disappointed to know that workers had to go on strike like 3 weeks again because he has not implemented the mininium wage where by state that receive lesser allocation have done dat
I doesn't pay corpers a dine even when they are the main teachers in majority of the schools in the state
A man dat want to move the state university to his village because he is the governor
He has change the name of the oil palm plantation dat belong to the state to his name etc
Is this d man u are presenting for Mr president? U need to do a rethink
You must b a psychopatic slowpoke who shud b in chains! A waste of sperm n ova!
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
Rochas Okorocha... The best thing dat wud happen to Nigeria
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by collinsn007(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
f i o:

my friend, tribalism can't solve tribalism. What we need is a good and competent leader, regional rotation of presidency won't do us good. What we need is unity, to rise above tribalism.
we cant hv unity wen there is no power shift we hv major ethnic groups igbo,yoruba,hausa n others so my friend tink bout it if u r a yoruba man u shld be happy dat u had awolowo cos after him no yoruba man has been able 2 achieve a tin even fashola so look well i2 d topic
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by MrEverest(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
kebbycool: Tinubu and fashola
Are u a kid, how can 2 Yoruba men b president and vice? Or are we in Oduduwa republic?
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by MrEverest(m): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Rochas and Fashola/Oshiomole wud hav been ideal but due 2 d obvious defect i.e d issue of demography( both coming from d south) then i wil say Rochas and any progressive northerner but honestly i cant think of any, most of them seem 2 hav compromised in one way or d other, which is d reason why they want 2 force Buhari down our throat, an outdated analogue and temperamental sadistic fanatic!
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by adonisyung(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
I wld prefer æ divided nigeria......d north (muslims)shld rule theirselvs,,,,and the ibo's too.....as for the ibo I want okorocha to ß d prez!
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by Limaoscar: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
obama is not all that it looks like. intelligent no doubt. but America can still have a better president1

America don't need a better President than Obama in His shift...ofcourse there is room for improvement for every Govt unless you're a GOP supporter or you've been watching too much fox news.
Re: Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President by samkoro: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
J12: None. I'l rather go with any of these:
1. Dimeji Bankole/ Farouk Lawan
2. Aregbesola/ Theodore Orji
3. Uduaghan/ Ohakim
4. Timipriye Silva/ Patricia Etteh.

Nigerians deserve them

The citizens deserve the leaders they get.Nairalanders are worse that the people they condemn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Declares 3-Days Of National-Mourning For Mandela / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP / #saynotoagbaje Created By Aggrieved Pdp Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.