Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Help With My HTC Onex Fone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With My HTC Onex Fone (1795 Views)

I Couldn't Find Flashshare On My HTC G2 Android. / How Can I Download 2go On My Htc Rhodium Window Mobile Phone / My Htc Touch Pro 2 Won't Browse Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My HTC Onex Fone by omafal(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
Just got a branded HTC OneX (O2 network) last week and it is giving me serious headache. I got an Etisalat line for it, and enjoyed it for like four days. after then service has not been stable on it. Took it to Etisalat service centre and the guy there told me that its a common problem with 4g fones and nothing can be done abt it until they (etisalat) upgrade to 4g platform or so. Took it to Airtel and MTN,same result. Dont Know if anybody ere can help with it.
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by civilserva: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
Though I don't have 4G phone, but I think 4G phones should be backward compatible with 3G networks.
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by aieromon(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
omafal: Just got a branded HTC OneX (O2 network) last week and it is giving me serious headache. I got an Etisalat line for it, and enjoyed it for like four days. after then service has not been stable on it. Took it to Etisalat service centre and the guy there told me that its a common problem with 4g fones and nothing can be done abt it until they (etisalat) upgrade to 4g platform or so. Took it to Airtel and MTN,same result. Dont Know if anybody ere can help with it.

What signals does it presently receive? I use a 4G and T-mobile branded tablet and receive 3.5G signals from all the network GSM providers. It's possible you have to modify the connection settings or confirm if the device was properly unlocked to receive non O2 network signals.

Thanks
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by puskin: 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
Thats the problem with buying branded fones.........flash the ROM and install an unbranded stock ROM .....better still a custom ROM.....on the fone.

Hmmmm........is flashing HTC One X fones now possible?? undecided undecided
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by omafal(m): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for ur advice. Don't knw how 2 do the modification. I didn't unlock the fone.started usin it immediateli i got it and it worked well for like 4 days. Like u suggested, it could be that i nid 2 unlock it.do u knw anibodi who can help?

What signals does it presently receive? I use a 4G and T-mobile branded tablet and receive 3.5G signals from all the network GSM providers. It's possible you have to modify the connection settings or confirm if the device was properly unlocked to receive non O2 network signals.

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by chucky234(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2012
Check the setting and select EDGE and 3G, Airtel presently have 3.75G which is the highest around.
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by lynxnoon(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
Check the network settings if it's okay then the done needs to be fully unlocked
I know of a way of unlocking HTC one X fones.... Can Help You out if you are in lagos
Cheers
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by chucky234(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
I was using HTC Evo 4G and had no issue with the network so I sold it off later and bought HTC One X unbranded from US,so far so good as my airtel is amazing with the One X.
Just go to setting,select wireless and network then from network choose 3G,that will do the magic.

You have the best phone in the world,don't swap it for anything not even galaxy S3 bro
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by omafal(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ chuksy

Thanks for confirmin dt. It s the best fone hav ever used. From the settings ders notin like wireless but mobile network. Am usin airtel network on it rite now but same result.  reali lov dis fone and need help. Could u bliv  was contemplatin of replacin it wit samsung s3!
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by omafal(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
@lynxnoon

Am in lagos o! Hw do we meet up abeg?
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by chucky234(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
omafal: @ chuksy

Thanks for confirmin dt. It s the best fone hav ever used. From the settings ders notin like wireless but mobile network. Am usin airtel network on it rite now but same result.  reali lov dis fone and need help. Could u bliv  was contemplatin of replacin it wit samsung s3!
Since it worked for four days when you first use it then its already unlocked
go to Mobile Network -> Network Mode and click GSM Only.
That will switch the network away from 4G as you don't have 4G coverage in your area, do that and let me know the result.
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by walcolm(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
the only way to be truly free with a branded android is to root and install a custom ROM

any work around you try without those two will only prolong the evil days
Re: Help With My HTC Onex Fone by omafal(m): 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
@ walcom

pls can u help wit ur suggestion?

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Alpha Specs, Features And Price / Test Out The New Airtel WTF Bundle For Free 7 days / Samsung Data Recovery: Recover Deleted Data From Samsung Galaxy S5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.