Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,871 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61656 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by runsaway: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
primary school mathematics for all of u who cant calculate,--

your congregation is in tens of millions, now assuming you hold a service for them once every month and you get almost a million in attendance, do u keep them out in the open under the sun and in the rain when you have a couple billions in your account ---NO
you hold a meeting each year with millions in attendance- 3 million and still counting. do you keep the millions in the cold over night for a vigil? NO

what do you do? you build an auditorium to house them, one big enough for a million people. and u give them basic necessities such as chairs, fans, bulbs, PAs, toilets etc.

now mathematics starts.

a million 'okplast' chair at one thousand naira is how much
1 000 000 * 1 000 = 1 000 000 000
thats one billion for those of you who cant count.

bulbs, fans at half a billion or there about
cement at half a billion or there about
keep counting and you will be surprised that they spent less than 8 billion.

everywhere around the world, if you want quality software at a good price you go to the Indians
same thing for construction, if u want quality structures at an affordable price you go to the Chinese.
who were you expecting them to give the contract to? the thieves Nigeria contracted the Benin-ore road to or 'ogroma' who did ogun state road and the road was full of portholes b4 a year was up.

a humble man exhibits common sense in all his doings and all you guys can do is criticize him and rain abuses on him. I am sure he doesnt need me to fight for him and I am not going to. God will fight his battle

And redeem wasn't founded by Pastor Adeboye, There was redeem b4 Pastor Adeboye and there will be redeem after Pastor Adeboye as long as the leaders and the church as a whole can be obedient to the voice of God despite what ignorant people who don't know how to do common arithmetic on a calculator say.

my 1 cent
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Passworded: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2007
@evry1
somehow why do I get the feeling that someone wriggled out of answering my question
hmmm

@Seun
pls answer the question i posed to you on my last post
i wud really appreciate it
thanx

, they were like them that dream,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by xplodenow(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2007
Hi, all. This issue is just a matter of commom sense. Its only a pity that commom sense is not common. I am dissappointed at some people`s response to this topic. RCCG holds the biggest revivals in the world.
Moreso, its not the pastor`s property, its for God and the member whose offerings were used in the building.Some people said how can a church build that in a country where there is so much poverty.What has that got to do with the church. Are there not Nigerians among the richest people in the world? Mike Adenuga spent about 2billion naira to bury his mother- yet the biggest church builts a big auditorium to contain its congregation and some people are complaining. If RCCG doesnt build a big additorium, these same people will still say that wat is the church using the offering for.
Apart from that, have u forgotten that it is God that biulds a house, it doesnt matter if somebody contributed something or not.
we need to be reasonable and be wise.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2007

MP007, he is not the govt abi? ?
so, even if people can help the poor man next door, they shouldn't. because they are not the govt.
no be im mates dey give scholarships, set up charities etc.
Christian. I sorry for you.

that edifice is a waste. CLAIM . those who want can shout man of God, man of God from now till next year.
his actions show what he is.
and those who say the church does not belong to Adeboye, it belongs to RCCG??
So, who owns RCCG, under whose name is RCCG registered? ?
--QUESTIONS YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEND TIME RESEARCHING AND THEN GETTING REAL ANSWERS FOR

Oga, so what am I going to regret??

notice the question mark, like they were in my previous post.

he is not deep into charities and scholarships. Where are the beneficiaries? ?[/b]no be by setting up G O. [b]what difference has it made in peoples lives? ?-----ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEND TIME RESEARCHING AND THEN GETTING REAL ANSWERS FOR

I mean if you are here to spew bitter rants, that is always good but you have asked questions and make some claims which even I on researching are baseless i.e just you spewing rants and not factual. If you do not like the church, why not move on and mind your own business??  and Do tell your friends to find themselves other churches that will do things according to how they like it instead,  I mean it is just common sense.

khai_khai:

Oh. so what claims did I make?? I think a lot of you should learn how to read. .
there are Question marks in both posts I made. I have made one claim which is. .
they are not deep in scholarships and charties and I stand by that.
Now I'll will make another. .
I know people who attend the church. All I hear from then all the time is complains and squabblings here and there about the internal workings of the church.

Many churches these days are money making ventures. RCCG fits well in this category. . so you can keep drawing similarities between it and a mall or the Galleria. .

You Obialor16 would do well as a shongo or ifa worshippper, calling God to strike people around the place.

How deep does the organization have to be for you to consider them deep enough?? Are you deeper in scholarships and charities than they are??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by fuzek: 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
Those who know their God will do exploits!!! wink
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by biggozz(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2007
@poster, your folly and that of your supporters are so disgusting that i did'nt bother spending time over the entire posts, but i will advice you keep away from things u dont understand and stop exposing your folly. hope u dont doubt the possibility that God preserves your life by the activities of that man you criticise which occour in the building u abuse.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I mean if you are here to spew bitter rants, that is always good but you have asked questions and make some claims which even I on researching are baseless i.e just you spewing rants and not factual. If you do not like the church, why not move on and mind your own business?? and Do tell your friends to find themselves other churches that will do things according to how they like it instead, I mean it is just common sense.

How deep does the organization have to be for you to consider them deep enough?? Are you deeper in scholarships and charities than they are??

Anyway Oga, my "bitter rants" and claims are my views. I am entitled to my opinions on whatever I choose to make my business, even if they may differ from those of most of you. .
If I sound bitter about something, I am quite sure I am not.

you as a research fellow should teach me research methods o. because I believe the best place to ask questions about Redeemed is in a forum rife with its followers and supporters.

make una dey build una physical monuments dey go in the name of God. I still say it's wasteful
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2007
khai_khai:

Anyway Oga, my "bitter rants" and claims are my views. I am entitled to my opinions on whatever I choose to make my business, even if they may differ from those of most of you. .
If I sound bitter about something, I am quite sure I am not.

you as a research fellow should teach me research methods o. because I believe the best place to ask questions about Redeemed is in a forum rife with its followers and supporters.

A bitter rant would include your claim that they (the church) are not DEEP enough even though they are involved and would include this line , make una dey build una physical monuments dey go in the name of God. I still say it's wasteful. I do my research not in here but did you know that the church has a website and an actual email address?? Better still, did you know that you can check news articles on the church to learn more about the church and get answers to your questions??  shocked

And if you are still in doubt, you could always call up and ask the man or his secretary for additional information on the finances of the church.  grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by debosky(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
khai_khai:

make una dey build una physical monuments dey go in the name of God. I still say it's wasteful

I hope you live in a 'spiritual monument' to protect you from the elements, and the school/church you attend or attended uses 'spiritual monuments' for its classes/services as well smiley
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 14, 2007
Kobojunkie:

A bitter rant would include your claim that they (the church) are not DEEP enough even though they are involved and would include this line , make una dey build una physical monuments dey go in the name of God. I still say it's wasteful. I do my research not in here but did you know that the church has a website and an actual email address?? Better still, did you know that you can check news articles on the church to learn more about the church and get answers to your questions??  shocked

And if you are still in doubt, you could always call up and ask the man or his secretary for additional information on the finances of the church.  grin

Oga, your replies (and poor analogies) full this thread. I don read some of them. you have your views. others have theirs. . case closed. .

debosky:

I hope you live in a 'spiritual monument' to protect you from the elements, and the school/church you attend or attended uses 'spiritual monuments' for its classes/services as well smiley

it is nice most of you keep comparing your "temple of God" with malls, stadiums, schools and homes. and your "men of God" with corrupt and despotic rulers. obviously you know that there lies great similarities.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by dollyp1cute(f): 2:20am On Dec 14, 2007
debosky:

LMAO   grin grin grin

Also drive spiritual monument and wear spiritual monument.

@Khaikhai you are just BITTER that you were not given the building contract nor get to be in the news for owning a building like that.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Dec 14, 2007
dollyp1cute:

LMAO grin grin grin

Also drive spiritual monument and wear spiritual monument.

@Khaikhai you are just BITTER that you were not given the building contract nor get to be in the news for owning a building like that.

LMAO!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 9ja4eva: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2007
elbulk:

why do u people talk like this how much do u expect them to use 500kr dey goin to worship under tree's, the church is growing and therefore there'd need 4 expansion, not a member tho, how much does catholic use 4 their headquaters in rome, so because it's in nigeria its not ok to hav something solid, for your information even the anglican church is putting up something very beffiting with a plenty story building @ abuja, it's all about d need that arises, shouls d rich knock on ppls doors and give them money everyday just because yhey r poora lot of us in nigeria r poor because of our mentality, and who told u they don't hav a scheme 4 d needy, please next time end your statements with "in my opinion"

The more reason it such amount of money should be spent to build a church in 9jeria.How many people are suffering?Oh please
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by biolabee(m): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2007
though i may not be xomfortable withthe smount spent onthe hall
i do not agree with you seun that you can equate the gathering of pple of God with world cup

from time immemorial man has always been meeting in a place babel, the muslims in mecca, the three time meetings of the jews in jerusalem and so may other places

so lets face the issue and not whether pple meet
some pple run a decentralised system some run a centralised one that is choice!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by adekusibe: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2007
pls just leave mamajamma and seun alone 'cos in the course of arguing with them one might even say what one ought not to say.
let the heavenly father be their judge.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by lekki2004(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2007
tell that ELBULK guy, say I LOVE YOU.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by lafile(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2007
Thanks Runsaway. Without taking a minute to look at the situation that brought about the auditorium, they just hear N7b and 'largest auditorium' and their minds translated it to mean one large luxurious cathedral. When they get there they will be shocked at the simplicity of the place. Just has the bare neccecities. And by the time they do some calculations like you did, they'll realise their mistakes. Some already have and haven't posted anything again.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2007
What situation brought forth the auditorium? I have nothing against the church; it's just business.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by lafile(m): 11:13am On Dec 14, 2007
@Seun. Did U read Runsaway's post upstairs?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Segunusaid(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2007
@ all the good people of nairaland,

It is not unusual to see people using the poor masses as a rallying point to advance  mischievious ends, it is an ageless  practice,  little wonder Judas Iscariot while a woman was using her only treasure of alabaster oil to anonit (worship) Jesus, he said "why is this woman wasting the oil that should  ve been sold to take care of the poor" Jesus answered him " every time you have the poor with you but not me" the bible says that Judas said this not becos he care about the poor but becos he was a thief" How many of these people crying foul if entrusted with such money will not siphone part of it & contineu to meek the people of God.

I have no doubt that all those people criticising RCCG care less about the poor, but since it is natural to well up sentiment by pretendin that they love the poor, they may even do, but do they love God? they cannot love God becos God is not in thier knowledge.

the bible says the glory of the latter house shall surpass the former,  
Pls leave them alone, if not careful, they will all go the way of Judas Iscariot.

I think some (not all) of the comments posted on this site is an abuse of free speech.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by shreks(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
@segunusaid, you have spoken well. Honestly these people have another motive for digging this up. I can't just imagine such mentality.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by danys(m): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2007
if the people of God decided to have a better place of worship for
their God,and contributed their money to do same, then who are you
to say they have done wrong and are inconsiderate to the poor.

i think it is high time we stated thinking like great men and stop sucking like
babies over issues simple out of emotions. who said redeem does not care
about the poor in the society? i am waiting for the day when we critize the
people who almost finished this country, they are still alive, aren't they?

No matter how hard the church tries, there will still be the poor among us.
instead of critizing,have u examine yourself, how much of your income do
give to the poor? by their fruit you will know them.

i am svery sorry for my generation,if at this stage this are the kind of issues
we discuss about, when we can not attack the root of our problem but rather
we are attacking men who have better their generation. what happens to the
men and women who ruled and participated in the rulership of this country
between 1985-1999?

@ nwando,
i must confess you not only say rubbish,you also make a mess of it.
who cares if you are impressed or not? have you ever done any better
good than the people you are critizing
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ poster

You accused rccg pastor for that which he did?
How much did Solomon in the Bible offered as offering
if really, you know about the Bible?
If the people are hungry, it is the responsibility of your
government.
He used the money for a church which is not his own,
I know you would have been happy if you hear that he spent it (GOD FORBIDS)
I am a member of rccg, and i tell you this:
the 7.7billion was generated mainly from donations

I know you are a member of Synagogue.

my prayer to you is that God will deliver you
from being an instrument of the devil
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by SamDerrick(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
my people are distroyed cos of lack of knowledge
Through Prosperity shall the kingdom of God be spread abroad, this is when the Lord's House shall be exalted above all the hills and all nations of the earth shall flow into it.
If the money used for the project is given to the poor people in your village alone talk less of Lagos state they will still be poor cos they have poverty mentality, untill you change the way you think you can never change the way you live.
Its time that you know that what churches are doing to make life confortable for the masses is more than what the government who is responsible for it are doing
Wake up from your ignorant, you that is blaming the church, what have you done for your neighbour that is poor with what you possess?
Think, cos if you don't think you will stink!!!
Think, cos if you don't think you can thank!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by seunphyl: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2007
well it's normal, all comments are expected, but what i want us to be careful of is that, the person in question is a true man of God and the scripture says touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm, remember the story of Moses sister, etc. as such i just want us to be carefull in passing our judgement, dont forget you are not to judge. Thank God for what has happen, ofcourse He said we should do that for everyhting, and pray God grant our Leaders right. Shallom
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2007
your congregation is in tens of millions, now assuming you hold a service for them once every month and you get almost a million in attendance, do u keep them out in the open under the sun and in the rain when you have a couple billions in your account ---NO

Why must you hold such a service? Have you ever heard the education minister wake up one day and ask all the millions of students in the country to gather in one auditorium for a meeting? Have you ever heard of the president waking up one day and asking all the members of the civil service to gather in one spot for a meeting every month? SO why must RCCG invite people from all over the country to meet in one place? Can't they meet in their various local churches like members every other large organization?

Is it really necessary for every RCCG member to be in the same meeting with GO at the same time? Even if he has to meet with every member (which is not so, since he is neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit) why can't he go on a nationwide tour of the parishes? In a period of one year he could visit 365 different large parishes or stadiums to meet his people. Or better still, he can just reach them through television (which, ironically, he already does). So it's unnecessary.

However, from the business point of view, it may be more profitable. When offerings are taken in redemption camp, the money doesn't have to be shared with the people running local parishes. It cannot be stolen by intermediaries. it cannot be embezzled by parish pastors or area pastors. Apart from that, people will tend to part with more money because they are in the direct presence of baba. So at the end of the day, the building may end up paying for itself, in which case this would be a very smart and gutsy business decision. I have nothing against smart businessmen. wink
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by seunphyl: 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2007
kobojunkie
dont waste your time replying this people, just refer them to my tip, and take your breath.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by SamDerrick(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2007
Any sin Agains the Holy Spirit is without forgiveness, i rest my case
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by yemivictor: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2007
religion is the[b] OPIUM[/b] of the people!!![size=8pt][/size]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by seunphyl: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
seun
will you stop saying smart business pls, its not worth saying against the church of God
sam derrick just sent something that should prick you, i think you need repentance, may God forgive you.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by OMUWUNMI: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
even though i dey fear to comment on this one,but i know say part of the money some of their members steal from us,abi i lie?if no?ehindero no be member?abeg leave matter.
dason4life:

@ poster

You accused rccg pastor for that which he did?
How much did Solomon in the Bible offered as offering
if really, you know about the Bible?
If the people are hungry, it is the responsibility of your
government.
He used the money for a church which is not his own,
I know you would have been happy if you hear that he spent it (GOD FORBIDS)
I am a member of rccg, and i tell you this:
[b]the 7.7billion was generated mainly from donations

I know you are a member of Synagogue.

my prayer to you is that God will deliver you
from being an instrument of the devil[/b]

bad belle people i think una don hear,the money na from donations{OF WHICH SOME WERE LOOTED FROM OUR TREASURY}let somebody shout halleluya.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by speeddater: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2007
what kind of is seun asking undecided? did he force people to leave their houses to come for a vigil? NO
did he coerce them? NO
is there punishment for not going? NO
I was baptized in redeem and i am at home on the the next level 9t. there is no punishment for not going.

its a choice people make to go to redemption camp. A spiritual exercise them embark on freely.

Y dont we ask u a stupid question like y do people chat or interact on nairaland? y cant they just chat or send messages to one person at a time. Y come together?

if u can answer y people come together on nairaland i will give u an answer on y people come together for camp meetings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

"Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.