Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,728 members, 7,882,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! (1961 Views)

Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Do You Support Gays And Lesbians Who Think Homosexuality Should Be Legalized? / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Avicenna:
Eh?
Berra re-read your story/joke properly.
'I'm hungry, I have no food, lord, provide for me' leads to starvation. Simple logic.

And that translate Lord to ethiest, I am hungry? He was forward at best!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
MyJoe: @sweetcheeks
Sweet name you have, one must say.

merci/ thanks / obrigado grin
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Avicenna: 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
sweetcheecks:

And that translate Lord to ethiest, I am hungry? He was forward at best!
Pls, I don't get this. Can you rephrase?
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Raajazr(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
sweetcheecks:

The thing is the devil has never created anything, he just perverts everthing God creates. And by the way, the bible say we must take everthing from him by force. In this instant willingly he did becouse of his sick heart!
.yeah! Who created devil himself? Is it not God. He is d creator of al tins in dis earth, heaven nd underworld
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Avicenna:
Pls, I don't get this. Can you rephrase?

She did not ask him, she said Lord!
Lord doe not translate to neighbour or my ethiest friend.
So he was forward!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Raajazr: .yeah! Who created devil himself? Is it not God. He is d creator of al tins in dis earth, heaven nd underworld

first read the thread this was answered already. Dont be lazy if you wana have a say here!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Avicenna: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
sweetcheecks:

She did not ask him, she said Lord!
Lord doe not translate to neighbour or my ethiest friend.
So he was forward!
So, if she had said, 'Kratos,help me.' And d guy helped her, it is no longer an act of God?

Anyway, this is pointless. Gratefulness differs in people.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
Avicenna:
So, if she had said, 'Kratos,help me.' And d guy helped her, it is no longer an act of God?

Anyway, this is pointless. Gratefulness differs in people.

ooh, you are the one who was trying to prove that God did not provide. And when she saw the groceries, she gave thanks to the Lord, from whom she had asked the food from in the first place. Whom God decided to use in the process God will sort out. He was a tool! You are confused ooh!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Wow, so much ado over nothing! It was a joke for Christ's sake!
Can't y'all simply see the funny side of a joke without over-analyzing?
Must y'all make a mountain out of a molehill?!
Na Wa Oh!!!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Enigma(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
^^^ Precisely why I clicked the 'like' button because I enjoyed the OP for the joke (for goodness sake!) that it makes. smiley

cool
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Logicbwoy: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mr_Anony: Wow, so much ado over nothing! It was a joke for Christ's sake!
Na Wa Oh!!!

Sharaap there grin grin grin grin

One man's joke is another man's insult.

If I made a joke that classified god/jesus as useless, you wouldnt find it funny.

However, this joke fails on so many levels.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Logicbwoy: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Precisely why I clicked the 'like' button because I enjoyed the OP for the joke (for goodness sake!) that it makes. smiley

cool

Would you click "like" if I made a gay joke about Jesus grin grin grin
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Sharaap there grin grin grin grin

One man's joke is another man's insult.

If I made a joke that classified god/jesus as useless, you wouldnt find it funny.

However, this joke fails on so many levels.
Seriously, who exactly has been insulted in that joke? Has your god been insulted? How exactly does the joke reflect on you or anyone you love?

Perhaps contrary to what y'all say, atheism is actually a religious sect because I don't see why I would be offended by a joke where santa claus is made to look good at the expense of a kid who doesn't believe in santa.

Why do you feel this urge to jump to the defense of your fictional brother with whom you share no beliefs?

1 Like

Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Heathen(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
So many people saying it's a joke. I fail to see the joke, somebody enlighten me?
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Logicbwoy: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Seriously, who exactly has been insulted in that joke? Has your god been insulted? How exactly does the joke reflect on you or anyone you love?

Perhaps contrary to what y'all say, atheism is actually a religious sect because I don't see why I would be offended by a joke where santa claus is made to look good at the expense of a kid who doesn't believe in santa.

Why do you feel this urge to jump to the defense of your fictional brother with whom you share no beliefs?

lol....lol....did I say that I found the joke offensive?

No, the joke was an epic fail. I was just pointing that out. Please check out my first reply before you call someone "militant"

Logicbwoy:

The funny part is that the woman accepts food from what she terms "the devil"
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
Heathen: So many people saying it's a joke. I fail to see the joke, somebody enlighten me?
poor you
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Enigma(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
As has ben pointed out in this forum before, it is very interesting that the evangelical atheists for all their constant obnoxiousness are very thin skinned. Even my friend manmustwack (who I genuinely like generally) recently closed a thread simply because it was making fun of atheists (something for which he has previous form)!

Additionally, many of the evangelical atheists are simply obtuse and some humourless to the point of being philistines --- factual observational point rather than abuse simply.

Anyway, why don't the people failing to see the humour of the OP try their "analytical" and "dissective" skills at the one below adapted from
http://www.sermonillustrations.com/a-z/r/responsibility.htm

A pastor who bought a piece of derelict property that was overgrown by weeds and other rubbish spent considerable time to renovate and revitalise the property. He was visited by the local farmer (Farmer Brown) one day and the following conversation ensued:

Farmer Brown took a long look at the preacher and cast a longer eye over the revitalized property. Then he nodded his approval and said, "Well, preacher, it looks like you and God really did some work here."

The pastor, wiping the sweat from his face, answered, "It's interesting you should say that, Mr. Brown. But I've got to tell you -- you should have seen this place when God had it all to Himself!"

cool

1 Like

Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

lol....lol....did I say that I found the joke offensive?

No, the joke was an epic fail. I was just pointing that out. Please check out my first reply before you call someone "militant"

Oh, ok so you found the joke funny. Good for you. Now have a good ol' laugh and move on.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Logicbwoy: 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oh, ok so you found the joke funny. Good for you. Now have a good ol' laugh and move on.

I think you need a good old debunking. You havent had one and that is why you are hounding atheists.

Erm.....I want to make a thread, I hope you will join in.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

I think you need a good old debunking. You havent had one and that is why you are hounding atheists.

Erm.....I want to make a thread, I hope you will join in.
LOL.........I like how loosely you use the word debunking
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Logicbwoy: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mr_Anony:
LOL.........I like how loosely you use the word debunking

This tough guy talk will all disappear when you get debunked.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

This tough guy talk will all disappear when you get debunked.
hahahahahaha..................aww, so cute. grin grin
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Mr_Anony: Wow, so much ado over nothing! It was a joke for Christ's sake!
Na Wa Oh!!!

They are very uptight, shame it should be painfull!!! shocked
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Sweetnecta: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sweetcheeks, from her oped shows she does not know anything about Islam!
Miracles happen daily in the lives of Muslims since the advent of the last prophet of Islam, Muhammad [sa]

If you thin Christians have autonomy of belief in God, the muslims surpass what the christians have by saying that God is Uniquely One and can't be seen and does not die and able to handle all affairs by mere commands, including absolute wiping off all sins of the repented sinner, who is made clean from sin.

A better story is narrated to me to have happened to a muslim sufi in a forest.

The Sufi was in a forest. He cried to God to feed him. Then he reclined against a tree. Then came some people who brought a set of pots filled with piping hot different kinds of foods. The sufi looked up and thank God. He said God i want you to feed me.

A moment later, a group horse riding army with their leader fell upon him and the foods. They were hungry and thought if this man has not eaten from the foods, they must be poisoned food as a trap set for their demise.

The leader ordered his army to use the sufi muslim as the guinea pig on the foods. They made a plate from each of the pots and open the mouth of the muslim and fed him, even using their hands to move his mouth in chewing motion. They fed him until his stomach was full. The sufi said 'Thank you God for feeding me'. The army continue to wait to see if there is any sign of sickness from food poison, whereas God has already answered the prayers of this man, even using the enemy of this man or his friend.

Muslims are the single group of believers who believe all the true miracles of God in the lives of creations, prophets of God. We can never be considered as atheists by any group that believe God exists.
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Enigma(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
^^^ Alhaji, nice to see you; ramadan kareem. smiley

cool
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Alhaji, nice to see you; ramadan kareem. smiley

cool
I thought sweetnecta was a lady - sounds like a weird name for a dude (don't you mean alhaja?)
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Enigma(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ah, no --- we go back some time.

Sweetnecta is an old friend and like a good muslim does not like puq. grin
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by MrAnony1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Enigma: Ah, no --- we go back some time.

Sweetnecta is an old friend and like a good muslim does not like puq. grin

lol, ok o
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Enigma(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Cool, lol; anyway I'm leaving you guys to it as I'm going out to see (or sea* even) if I can catch some bass this evening.

* Reminds of one for those not humour challenged.

Intercession time in church:

Prayer request as heard by many of congregation: "John having gone to see his wife, requests the prayer of the church."

Original prayer request: John having gone to sea, his wife requests the prayer of the church.

cool
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by sweetcheecks(f): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
@sweetnecta please tell that story to you follow bros logicboy and others!
Re: An Old Woman And An Ethiest/ Islamist Who Think Miracles Dont Happen! by Sweetnecta: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
@Enigma Thanks, sir. Is nice to read your good wishes. I wish you well, too.

@Mr Anony: Sweetnecta was supposed to be sealed nectar. But i couldn't call myself that because its the name for my beloved Muhammad [sa]. Like Abu Kasim, no muslim calls hmself that, even if his first child is Kasim. Abu Kasim is Muhammad [as], who all muslims follow and obey to the fullest among the people who ever walked on earth.
Sola, Yinka, Remi, etc in yoruba land are names for male and female. An unattractive woman could be called handsome. A man with a good heart could be called a beautiful soul.

@Sweetcheeks: Something is tongue and cheeks sometimes. Your statements; op and just above are definitely that.

You don't know that Miracles and not fake miracles are known and experienced daily in the lives of muslims world over.
And Logicboy, and other are not muslims and how they are my bros is beyond me. Maybe this is part of your "miracle".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Door To Hell? Giant Hole In The Desert On Fire For Over 40 Years (photo) / Are There Still Miracles????????? I Think This Puts An End To All Doubts.... / Why Is It That People Are Afraid To Marry Church Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.