Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? (21070 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Abuzola Et Al A Christian Does Not Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by k9ine(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
But_one_day: It does not matter? Is God that searchest heart of a man.
Pls are you a practicing christian?
It does matter my dear. Christianity is a life not just a religion. How would you feel if a young xtian lady dresses and you can't differentiate her from a red-light district woman, more painfully when she happens to minister in the choir in such same outfit.
Sad I believe. That's how it pains God when His children dress immodestly.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isa.3:16 Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts.18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,21 The rings, and nose jewels, 22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, 23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails. 24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty. 25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isa.4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
I peter.3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by girlsupersonic(f): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
Our G.O Had to make an announcement about indecent dressing in church today lol we arent being judgemental but there should be limits. The way u dress says loads about you, God looks at your heart bt i bet He will feel bad if your dress leads smone to sin

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bzoe(f): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
iheanyi4u: Ok I think it matters cos we are the light of the world and we have to shine in everything we do.
Now its ok to come as you are but its not ok to remain the same way you came. The Word is supposed to effect changes in all aspect of your life including your dressing!
thanks

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by sammyjay441: 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mutee: Since it's "christians only" lemme check the next topic.
u are a goat
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by sammyjay441: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
Bélla3: you didnt have to comment ATALL.
Bt thanks for adhering.
leave him he is only stupid
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tintingz(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
@op, it does not matter oh. . .since Jesus christ has die for your sins and carried all your sins on his head wash them with his blood why should it be a big deal. . .you can go to church naked expose your bakassi grin while the holyghost is behind you watching your movement. . . Jesus is not angry with you at'all at'all he as already forgiven you with his blood grin. . .dance unto tha Lord helleluya!
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by CarlosVent(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. you dress the way your heart is. period.
as a Christian if you want to know how good or bad you dress, dress that way take your bible and go on evangelism and the reaction of the people you speak the word of God to will finish what i wANted to say.
Thanks.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Loveaflame(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
It's so sad that many pastors are leading people astray.Apart from the Bible,our culture does not condone loose dressing.The Bible is very clear about dressing.If ladies dress anyhow the question will be what is the motive? You can say you have no motive when you dress seductively.Every man shall give account of himelf or herself before God.Real Bible believing christians dress godly.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Emulti(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
The lord said dat we(born again christians ar d light of d word). According to d song writer:
Ur life is a book before their eyes, dey ar reading it thru nd thru, let others see Jesus in u. Our outward appearance matters much cos dressing portrays d content of d hrt. Remember u ar addressed d way u dress!
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by SailorXY: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
sadeiyare: Isa.3:16 Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts.18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,21 The rings, and nose jewels, 22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, 23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails. 24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty. 25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.

cool sums it up... i couldnt have said it better than the scriptures
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
tintingz: @op, it does not matter oh. . .since Jesus christ has die for your sins and carried all your sins on his head wash them with his blood why should it be a big deal. . .you can go to church naked expose your bakassi grin while the holyghost is behind you watching your movement. . . Jesus is not angry with you at'all at'all he as already forgiven you with his blood grin. . .dance unto tha Lord helleluya!
thanks! Bt i said 'christains'
by the way, Jesus died for your sins. By sinning again you have defyed dat purpose.
And may God forgive you about the post on Holy spirit.
Come o, i thought u are fastin?

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2012
GOD bless you all for ur contribution!
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by dapsungg1(m): 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
Those that will be acceptable by GOD must watch their outward appearance and inward motives
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Dimples316(f): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2012
Bella, when you say many pastors have come out without shame to say our dressing doesn't matter, the bolded part gives me cause for concern because truthfully I haven't met or heard of any pastor who endorses poor/indecent dressing. In fact in my world it has almost become a tug of war between the pastor and his parishioners

I am not disputing your claims above, because chances are you have met or heard first hand from such pastors, its just the sweeping generalization without saying whom in particular that worries me. It feels almost like erroneously judging and condemning our own, lumping together both the honest and dishonest ones.

My post isn't meant as an attack on your person its just an honest expression of what I thought and how I felt after reading through your first post. Having said that, dressing decently and appropriately matters to me whether I be in church, hanging out with friends or partying because I seek first to please God.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by luluosas(m): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2012
It does matter big time. Look, you are addressed the way you dressed and your dressing shows your Address.
Now, in Matthew 7:16; 20, the Bible says a tree is known by its fruits. The Christians of today have turned the Bible upside down to suit their worldly desire and pleasure.
Look, no matter how hard we may try to bend the truth, (thanks to our prosperity preachers and pastors) dressing carelessly, half naked, exposing the sexually ignited parts of the body and the rest, is evil and wicked.
Come to think of it. How can two sisters be standing and you as a Christian is unable to spot who is a Christian among them, based on their dressing. Will you be pleased (happy) to discover that, the fellow you just branded as a pagan in your heart is actually a 'suppose' born again sister in the church. Does speaks well of the Christians with this condition?
I pray that, it will not become too late for some of us before we REPENT. Thank you all.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tpia5: 12:06am On Aug 06, 2012
being a christian means you're supposed to have good dress sense.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 12:15am On Aug 06, 2012
Dimples 316: Bella, when you say many pastors have come out without shame to say our dressing doesn't matter, the bolded part gives me cause for concern because truthfully I haven't met or heard of any pastor who endorses poor/indecent dressing. In fact in my world it has almost become a tug of war between the pastor and his parishioners

I am not disputing your claims above, because chances are you have met or heard first hand from such pastors, its just the sweeping generalization without saying whom in particular that worries me. It feels almost like erroneously judging and condemning our own, lumping together both the honest and dishonest ones.

My post isn't meant as an attack on your person its just an honest expression of what I thought and how I felt after reading through your first post. Having said that, dressing decently and appropriately matters to me whether I be in church, hanging out with friends or partying because I seek first to please God.
like you said, you havent met. Thank though, i shouldnt have generalized.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2012
tpia@:
being a christian means you're supposed to have good dress sense.
sorry, bt how many tpia's do we have?
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tintingz(m): 12:38am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: thanks! Bt i said 'christains'
by the way, Jesus died for your sins. By sinning again you have defyed dat purpose.
And may God forgive you about the post on Holy spirit.
Come o, i thought u are fastin?
yep this thread meant for christians while you guys insult others beliefs. . .Jesus christ did'nt die for my sin nor anybody sins only God forgive sins and your holyspirit you worship that does'nt have a name for the past 2000 yrs we did'nt hear him nor read his new things to come. . .yes am fasting buh i did'nt insult i only gave my view and the fact.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Bella3(f): 12:45am On Aug 06, 2012
tintingz: yep this thread meant for christians while you guys insult others beliefs. . .Jesus christ did'nt die for my sin nor anybody sins only God forgive sins and your holyspirit you worship that does'nt have a name for the past 2000 yrs we did'nt hear him nor read his new things to come. . .yes am fasting buh i did'nt insult i only gave my view and the fact.
hypocrisy at its peak!

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by bukatyne(f): 1:10am On Aug 06, 2012
tintingz: @op, it does not matter oh. . .since Jesus christ has die for your sins and carried all your sins on his head wash them with his blood why should it be a big deal. . .you can go to church naked expose your bakassi grin while the holyghost is behind you watching your movement. . . Jesus is not angry with you at'all at'all he as already forgiven you with his blood grin. . .dance unto tha Lord helleluya!
my dear, be very careful wit wat u say. as d OP said, if u don't have anything meaningful to contribute, just exit the thread. thanks
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by alex406(m): 1:19am On Aug 06, 2012
What we wear as a christians matters alot especially in the site of our creator. This goess out to ladies that wear trousers to church. Deut 22:5 says. A woman should nt put on man garment and a man should nnt put on woman garment. All that do that are abomination unto God.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tpia5: 1:24am On Aug 06, 2012
^wearing trousers is the least of the issues being discussed, sweetie.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by bukatyne(f): 1:28am On Aug 06, 2012
@OP: i believe the way we dress, our hair do, make-up and where we go matters. however, i don't believe that there is anything 'christian' dressing b'cos an average market woman can be called a 'christian' by her dressing. i don't believe in been underdressed and so typical SU sisters and brothers don't go down well wit me. as an individual, i love class, style and elegance so i always try to dress classically within my means. i don't believe christians should dress shabbily just to show they re christians. there is a way a christian can dress elegantly and stil look very decent. I don't put on trouser, fix nails, eyelashes, crazy hairdo, over makeup, wear too short/tight and transparent/cleavage revealin clothes etc but stil try to look my best. a person esp christian doesn't ve to wear spag, see thru clothes, short/tight clothes, paint all d eyeshadow/blush/foundation etc, fix all the nails, sag, dress like garage boys etc b4 we look elegant. some pple say one has to dress crazy to go for parties and clubbin and i wonder wat a christian is doin clubbing and parties. it finally lies on one's conscience. if our conscience is alive and the Holy Spirit is in us, then we would know how and how not to dress. i pray God gives us d grace not to conform to the world.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by bukatyne(f): 1:32am On Aug 06, 2012
alex406: What we wear as a christians matters alot especially in the site of our creator. This goess out to ladies that wear trousers to church. Deut 22:5 says. A woman should nt put on man garment and a man should nnt put on woman garment. All that do that are abomination unto God.
and when that passage was written, did the men wear trousers? that passage contains about 4 things that shouldn't be done and almost everyone does 3 out of them: we shouldn't do mixed croppin, build a balcony in our home, wear clothes made of mixed materials(e.g. wool and cotton) and d pt u just raised.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by shilling(f): 2:28am On Aug 06, 2012
It matters. Don't dress in a way that will make the opposite sex stumble and that goes for males/females.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by Gee123: 3:41am On Aug 06, 2012
@ topic, ur dressing really matter. Yes God looks at the heart and not on the outside. But come 2 think of it, can one's inside b white and the outside Black? CAPITAL NO!. So what we c outside is just what is Inside, "Out of the aboundance of the Heart, the Mouth speaketh".
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tpia5: 4:24am On Aug 06, 2012
CarlosVent: out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. you dress the way your heart is. period.

true that.
Re: As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? by tpia5: 4:24am On Aug 06, 2012
Gee123.:
@ topic, ur dressing really matter. Yes God looks at the heart and not on the outside. But come 2 think of it, can one's inside b white and the outside Black? CAPITAL NO!. So what we c outside is just what is Inside, "Out of the aboundance of the Heart, the Mouth speaketh".

no argument there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'APC Will Use And Dump Tinubu' – Primate Ayodele Warns / An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.