Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,245 members, 7,967,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:03 PM

Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? (13664 Views)

Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
cheddarking:

What exactly is your point?

Please learn how to speak English instead of coming here to exhibit your mental deficiencies....
If that doesn't seem like English to you then you must have a brain problem.

I think you didn't read your comment prior to my response! You lack the brain to reason anyway!
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hanhan, just try and stay at home. wink Personally o, it sounds irresponsible.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by cheddarking(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
all4naija: [s]If that doesn't seem like English to you then you must have a brain problem.

I think you didn't read your comment prior to my response! You lack the brain to reason anyway![/s]

Rubbish...
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Mcleo007(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
Laila Ikeji: The club is actually in Lagos here. And I haven't clubbed in Lagos before now.

If you haven't clubbed before, I don't think its healthy for you now that you are with child. The fumes of cigarettes and noise in s typical club can have ripple effects on your unborn child later in life.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
cheddarking:

Rubbish...
Showing your ignorant turgidity on Nairaland!
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2012
The only problem would be second hand smoking. If you look away from thath, no problem at all.

I went out clubbing many times when I was pregnant, as long as I had the energy to do it. Both with and without my husband, and if he wasnt there, sure enough one of his friends would be.
I never jump to the middle of the dancefloor, always in a corner. So the chance of getting "in the middle of something" is very small. I prbably had a bigger chance getting hit by a car, than a man. But yes, some boys did not see the belly, and still tried to pick me up. I told them to check out my belly, they apologized. Not much more problem than that..just make sure you dont go to a club that is known for fighting etc.

I dont see any wrong in this. After the baby is born, there will probably be maaany months before you even feel like going to the club again. The loud music will NOT hurt the baby in any way, they are very much protected in there. Go out, shake your ass, and drink some soda. Enjoysmiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
My wifey is heavily pregnant and has been agitating to go clubbing with me.... My answer? NO!!! I'm not risking having a miscarriage from some drunk bitch or dickhead hitting her belly or the nasty smoke that could render my precious baby paranoid! We will resume clubbing in 2yrs time...lol

1 Like

Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
josh4ever: My wifey is heavily pregnant and has been agitating to go clubbing with me.... My answer? NO!!! I'm not risking having a miscarriage from some drunk bitch or dickhead hitting her belly or the nasty smoke that could render my precious baby paranoid! We will resume clubbing in 2yrs time...lol

Dont go to clubs where people tend to fight, stand in a corner and dont get into discussions. Not worse than that.

And about smoking; No, its not good, everyone knows thath, but come on..there are babies born every damn day where the mother has been smoking sigarettes, and thousands get born damn healthy. You really, really think that second hand smoking a few times will damage the baby? The chance is so small, you shouldnt even talk about it.
If she was working in a coffee shop with smoking inside, on the other hand, THEN you could worry.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
Woman sit your azz at home. angry
You shoulda gotten clubbing tins out of your system before marriage IMO.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
Lmfao@the pic of the preggo chick drinking...
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 12:34am On Jul 28, 2012
2buff: Woman sit your azz at home. angry
You shoulda gotten clubbing tins out of your system before marriage IMO.

Pfft.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 28, 2012
JallowBah:

Dont go to clubs where people tend to fight, stand in a corner and dont get into discussions. Not worse than that.

And about smoking; No, its not good, everyone knows thath, but come on..there are babies born every damn day where the mother has been smoking sigarettes, and thousands get born damn healthy. You really, really think that second hand smoking a few times will damage the baby? The chance is so small, you shouldnt even talk about it.
If she was working in a coffee shop with smoking inside, on the other hand, THEN you could worry.

Well, no matter how small, I'm NOT putting my baby tru that ordeal... Moreover what's the big deal with waiting till the baby is born? For me, the only club for now is the homeonfridays club grin
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by minute(f): 4:17am On Jul 28, 2012
Seriously how many pregnant women do you see at clubs?

Clubs have a few things in mind: drinking, one night stands and possibly drugs.

Is that the kind of place a pregnant woman should be? It's not only incredibly

trashy but socially wrong. Dinners,BBQs, family affairs are great. Those are the

kind you need to be going to. But clubs, yeah right.

1 Like

Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2012
minute: Seriously how many pregnant women do you see at clubs?

trashy but socially wrong. Dinners,BBQs, family affairs are great. Those are the

Abi o. This is what happens when people lack any creative hobbies besides parading themselves about in dark rooms.
I don't understand what a pregnant woman is doing in the club of all places.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by kandiikane(m): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

My rxn: She so ratcheeeeeeeed!!
Woman, stay home.

Lmaooo! grin

Me, I will stare and think "what the hell is she doing?" undecided
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 28, 2012
JallowBah:

JallowBah:

Pfft.

I can see you are a chain smoker, hence you defending the filthy habit and trying to validate the disgusting by-product of it as something a person bearing a child should accept as "not a big deal". undecided
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2012
minute: Seriously how many pregnant women do you see at clubs?

Pfft. I love dancing, thats why I go out, even now when the baby is 1,5 years. Not to do drugs, I only drink 1-2 beers, and I aint looking for ONS.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2012
2buff:

I can see you are a chain smoker, hence you defending the filthy habit and trying to validate the disgusting by-product of it as something a person bearing a child should accept as "not a big deal". undecided

Nope, I did not talk about it like that. Read it again. I was talking aout second-hand smoking a few times when you are pregnant.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by JallowBah(f): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2012
2buff:

Abi o. This is what happens when people lack any creative hobbies besides parading themselves about in dark rooms.
I don't understand what a pregnant woman is doing in the club of all places.

I make my own clothes and jewellry, and I paint. And on top, I love dancing.
So thats what this woman was doing at the club when she was pregnant..
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by budusky77: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2012
cheddarking:

Lagos Clubs allow indoor smoking....so you will definitely 'Smoke'.

To be honest, you just sound like a very irresponsible mother-to-be...and I really wonder what kind of environment awaits your unborn child..

Gbaam,You just aired out my mind, keep ur heads up.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by georgesylva(m): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2012
Laila Ikeji: I want to do what I've never done before. So, what do you think?
I have this sudden urge to go clubbing tonight with my girlfriend but am pregnant.
Do you think its okay?
My belly bump is showing small sha but am not soo heavy yet.
My hubby is letting me go cos av assured him I won't dance too much. i dnt drink, i dnt smoke.
How would you react seeing a pregnant woman in the club?
Sure! U can even go sky diving or bungy jumping 4 all i care.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by georgesylva(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2012
I have this sudden urge to go clubbing tonight with my girlfriend but am pregnant.
Do you think its okay?
My hubby is letting me go cos av assured him I won't dance too much. i dnt drink, i dnt smoke.
Are u really pregnant?
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by georgesylva(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2012
Do you think its okay?
Sure! U can even go bungy jumping or sky diving 4 all i care.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by cindyrella(f): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
You can always party at home with friends. It is safer that way!
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by queensmith: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
So long as you are comfortable. Not feeling backpains or anything you'll be fine. A friend of mine owned a nightclub and his heavily pregnant girlfriend was there every blessed saturday without fail! With the second hand smoke, there's barely an area you are fully protected from second hand smoke or polllution (especially in Niia) and 4 hours of second hand smoking will do you nothiing. You are pregnant not crippleyou can do whatever you like! Go and have fun! Get some excercise for the little one!

1 Like

Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by yemmy19(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
Jamb question
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by sokoanugwa: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2012
If you have never done it before, then why now? think about the futrure of the baby in your womb before venturing into anything.
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by girlking(f): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2012
how I would react to seeing a pregnant woman at a club..........? it will seem weird and funny. especially if you didn't come with your hobby, I would think you were a club girl that did not play her game well and so got pregnant. Even if u were wearing a wedding band, I would assume u just put it there to safe face. and above all, I would feel immense pity 4 d unborn child.
I understand that being pregnant comes with a lot of weird urges and desires. It is not easy. I pray God strengthens you. But, CLUBBING!!!!? NO, don't
Re: Should A Pregnant Woman Go Clubbing? by omokayode9258(m): 5:26am On Jun 16, 2013
cheddarking:

Lagos Clubs allow indoor smoking....so you will definitely 'Smoke'.

To be honest, you just sound like a very irresponsible mother-to-be...and I really wonder what kind of environment awaits your unborn child..

my man, infact, u said it al. Shes nothn bt irespnsble mother to be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men, Do You Find Your Pregnant Wives Unatractive? / When Envy Strikes: How To Put Jealousy To Good Use / Please Help Cope With First Trimester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.