Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,040 members, 7,942,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (51274 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ignis: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
Olanifesi: [color=#770077][/color]
were ni e. What has this got to do with the discussion.
Please ask the ignoramus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by zulyfig: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2013
ekt_bear: Well, he is a pastor. If

a) he believes his Bible literally and thinks that non-Christians will face eternal hellfire
b) his sister is a Muslim

should he:
c) be shouting and dancing in the streets about his sister
d) or doing everything in his power to make her change?

Look, if you do not share the man's beliefs, no wahala.

But no one can condemn him for them. He is not violating any laws. He is not killing or harming anyone. He certainly isn't obliged to maintain contact with her or financially support her.

If you believe in hellfire for non-believers, then you will agree with Oyedepo's actions.

His mistake was condemning his sister to a life of poverty if she refuses to accept Christ. Satan is the ruler of this world. The riches and wealth of this world has no significance to God or to our faith in God. He should know this as a pastor.
He just proved that too much wealth leads to eccentricity. (physical and spiritual).
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lebee4(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2013
luluosas: Well, as for Abdul-Gafar who Oyedepo denied admissions into Covenant University because he was a Muslim, I think this should be as a result of the fact that, CU is a pure Christian school, which only admits Christians. If this is the case of the school, no religious sentiment should be dragged into this?
But, in case of his half-sister, Alhaja Saratu
Bello, Oyedepo got it all wrong. Should this story be true, then, Oyedepo have just widen the gap between the Christians and others.
Now, a true religion teaches love and care. Is Oyedepo more interested in the worldly riches of his sister than her eternal abode?
This is why the Christian Faith (community) will continuously be ridicule and attacked. Our so called Pastors today are only interested in your physical welfare. Men and brethren, they are ruining your lives with their sweet mouth teachings.
Oyedepo, where is the evidence of 1st Timothy 4:12 in your actions as a Christian?
And to you who will want to tell me don't judge, I will remind you that, my Bible tells me in 1st Corinthians 11:31 that: "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."
This actions of Oyedepo is therefore devilish, selfish and wicked. He should better go back to children's church because, he has missed it already. Oyedepo, you may be the richest pastor today in Africa, but, you should remember that your earthly riches has no Heavenly possessions. Bishop indeed!

The Bible says we should confirm things outrightly n be sure its the truth.
bro. have you confirmed the Authenticity of this story?
you better do and dont allow hate n jealousy to blind your sense of reasoning.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lebee4(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2013
zulyfig:

His mistake was condemning his sister to a life of poverty if she refuses to accept Christ. Satan is the ruler of this world. The riches and wealth of this world has no significance to God or to our faith in God. He should know this as a pastor.
He just proved that too much wealth leads to eccentricity. (physical and spiritual).

bro, to know more about the riches of this world, read Isaiah 45:3.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Franklinus: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
THE INDISPENSABLE TRUTH FOR TODAY !!! (2 COR. 4:6-17; MATT. 16:24-27) http://credoexperience..com/2014/07/the-indispensable-truth-for-today-2-cor.html
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by auspigirl: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
Well, according to his belief as a christian, his love for his sister will make him go to any extent to ensure that she is saved, and that is very scriptural even apostle Paul said in 2corinthians 9:22 that he become all things to all men that he may BY ALL MEANS SAVE SOME! That should answer this question. However, I will speak a little bit more, I'm surprised at people pointing accusing fingers at the man of God, because I have witnessed several muslims denouncing their OWN CHILDREN (talk less of an agile adult sister) if they ever change religion, and I have seen people who will not employ people who share a different belief from their own.
In fact, muslim universities in Nigeria will only offer admission to non muslims if they agree to join in prayers and dress like muslims and failure to do so will lead to trouble. I will not blame the man for not admitting the muslim student in the Church's school, according to the scripture Children's bread are not meant for the dogs (don't get me wrong that's just a parable I'm not calling humans dogs) and it is when the children is filled that the dogs can get crumbs. Also let me cite an example of Bowen University,Iwo, whose authourity was generous enough to admit muslim students in the early days of the school(I am a first hand witness of this), without compelling them to attend church services (that has changed now), what did the set of muslims in that school did? They picked a spot in front of the then Alma Rohm Baptist Church(which was converted to the school's chapel) and arranged stones there to start using as their mosque IN A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL! In the same Iwo town, Christian teachers are never allowed to stay or head the Anwar' Islam Grammar School, A school owned by the government just because it bares a muslim name. I can go on and on... but let me not bore you with stories.. My point it is, before you try to remove the crumbs of wood in another person's eye first remove the log of wood in your own eyes! God Bless Nigeria
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by LebenNG: 8:10pm On May 27, 2021
kiuusm:

Being a Muslim does not in any way make you rich. You can be rich or poor what is important is the fear of Allah and accept the condition you‘re in. God said in the Qur'an 2:155 And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, from the above verse we belief that God is going to test us whether you’re rich or poor. As a Muslim it’s an article of faith to belief in destiny good or bad and we know that this worldly life is temporal therefore it is better to suffer in a temporary world than suffering in the hereafter i.e permanent abode.
Christianity is all about prosperity that’s worldly thing. that is the only thing your pastors talk about (I don’t want to say preach because that’s not preaching we all knw) for example....
You’ll get a job
You’ll get a promotion
You’ll get a husband
You’ll give birth
You’ll become rich
You’ll pass you exams
You‘ll be successful.... and so on and so forth...all about getting wht you want in this world.

If you remove prosperity from pastor’s mouth, I’m 100% sure no pastor will be able to preach or say anything in the church.......observe. They are afraid that if they start preaching about fornication, adultery, stealing, drinking of Alcohol, gambling, 419, immoral dressing they will not get customers again coz they are making money out of ignorant followers.
[/b]Read the bible 4rm Geneses to Revelation you’ll be surprise with some verses and I’m sure you ‘ll start searching for the truth. [b]Do that b4 is too late.
Its way better than holding a sway of TERRORISM... instead materialism all the way!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ignis: 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
tintingz:
MoG using money to win souls to their business centre church angry did Jesus(their role model) did this? tongue

Poor Rat... Also use your money the way you want, if you have.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Sagtop: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2023
Hmmmm sad
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Muqtar01: 7:31am On Apr 04, 2023
do you know why most muslims prefer to stay poor. it because they only want something from the right part only. unlike the christains they choose and walk in any way that can make them rich. they think that their religion is the best while it isn't, they are hypocriptes that don't know who their god is. when you ask multiple christains about their Gods they give you different answers. claiming he is three. almost hundred of thousands memorize the whole qur'an, but how many people memorize the bible, none. even their so called oyedepo.
how could a whole role model deny his sister because she is not a christain, and if an imam try such all the world will talk.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by crystalmoon(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.