Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,470 members, 7,971,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:30 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (51491 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2012
When did Jesus preach salvation for a non-believing prostitute?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2012
When did Jesus ever advocate any sort of religious tolerance

Na wa o

Nairaland's resident f-strangler and troll calling me a troll.

Wetin man go hear
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ejifranks(m): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by stealth007: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2012
@OP
Where does the said Alhaja lives in Iyanapaja?
Muslims Brothers and Sisters, this highlights the reasons why we as Muslim ummah should rally round those ones in need regardless of their religion as part of our religious duty where ever we find ourselves, we'll always be the reflection of our religion.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Whymee: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2012
KINGwax: did u post this in hunger? I doubt it. And oh you're fasting, right? But you've eaten this morning right? You'll only skip lunch and settle for a huge dinner! What a fast. I call it 1-0-1. I do it even without fasting sometimes due to tight work schedule. You guys are brianless jokes!

Another Christian claiming superiority over Islam mode of worship,

We follow instruction and standard.
1-0-1
Do you expect am imam to wake up one day and claimed the holy spirit has instructed him to change from 1-0-1 to 0-0-1,

Never, not in islam.
We act accordingly, and these will not change till live after.

Christianity is dynamic and that is why it is easy to be manipulated.

It is stated in the bible that fasting should take place every 9 th month of the year, have you Christian be following this laws, yet you are always ready to attack Islam while you abandon yours.

Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2012
What is bigoted about Christianity?

Why are people drawing a false equivalence between these two religions?

One is a religion of suicide bombing, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Miss World murders, etc.

Or is Oyedepo not giving money to his sister the equivalent of him strapping a bomb to his chest?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2012
stealth007: @OP
Where does the said Alhaja lives in Iyanapaja?
Muslims Brothers and Sisters, this highlights the reasons why we as Muslim ummah should rally round those ones in need regardless of their religion as part of our religious duty where ever we find ourselves, we'll always be the reflection of our religion.

Relax, the story is most likely false. I dont believe the story at all.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:30am On Jul 29, 2012
What is bigoted about Christianity?

Why are people drawing a false equivalence between these two religions?

[size=18pt]One is a religion of suicide bombing, Boko Haram, etc.[/size]

Or is Oyedepo not giving money to his sister the equivalent of him strapping a bomb to his chest?

Dont feed the troll people!

The get fat and lazy!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by cheddarking(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2012
oyb:
once a neighbour came to as for a loan of 120k. i no dey do loan, but i gace them 10 or was it 20k - i did not ay, you must convert to Islam before you take this money[b]

do you think any religion can gain adherents by such a hard stance?[/b]

I honestly cant believe a muslim is asking this....

I want you to consider something though....

How many IMAMS will do different if the scenario was reversed?

Religious leaders are supposed to be VIGILANT upholders of their FAITHS and as such have to be Religiously INTOLERANT.

Any Religious leader seen to be sympathetic to other FAITHS will appear to be lacking in CONVICTION in his own 'TRUE' Faith

That is how RELIGION has kept us divided for so long....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2012
Correct yarn.

I am indeed trolling.

If a new religious terrorist organization is started tomorrow, a rational human being should no doubt believe that there is a 1/2 chance of it being Christian, and 1/2 of being Muslim, yes? grin grin grin

Rather than 99.5% chance that this terrorist organization is Muslim?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by mufikings(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2012
ejifranks: islam christianity all are the same,bigoted and outdated...stop all the recriminations!!!welcom to the new world order!!!
seriously !! never, not the same Jesus is Lord !
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2012
I can't believe that some Christians on here are supporting the pastor's behavior. These are the same people that will castigate the white man for discriminating against the black population. I think the whites whould tell all the black people in their various countries to tint their skin or else they'll be deported because it seems to me that Black people are the worse kind of people in the world. The're wicked, evil and not tolerant of other people. Infact, if black people were the slave masters during the days of slavery, it would still have been practiced till date.

It reeks of inhumanity to deprive someone of admission becausez of his belief. Shame Shame shame.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2012
cheddarking:

I honestly cant believe a muslim is asking this....

I want you to consider something though....

How many IMAMS will do different if the scenario was reversed?

Religious leaders are supposed to be VIGILANT upholders of their FAITHS and as such have to be Religiously INTOLERANT.

Any Religious leader seen to be sympathetic to other FAITHS will appear to be lacking in CONVICTION in his own 'TRUE' Faith

That is how RELIGION has kept us divided for so long....

That is unfortunate because you actually catch more flies with honey
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by stevenosa(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: MoG using money to win souls to their business centre church angry did Jesus(their role model) did this? tongue
Better allow God to be the judge. If he says he is doing God's work, who are you to speak ill about him? Be careful.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by sasview: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2012
freecocoa: See wahala o.

If she doesn't like the GOD of Christianity and won't convert to christianity,why expect a christian who serves a God she doesn't believe in to help her?

Abegi make she pray to allah and let him come to her aid.

If oyedepo's parents had reason this way, perhaps, he wouldn't have been what he is today.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2012
afam4eva: I can't believe that some Christians on here are supporting the pastor's behavior. These are the same people that will castigate the white man for discriminating against the black population. I think the whites whould tell all the black people in their various countries to tint their skin or else they'll be deported because it seems to me that Black people are the worse kind of people in the world. The're wicked, evil and not tolerant of other people. Infact, if black people were the slave masters during the days of slavery, it would still have been practiced till date.

It reeks of inhumanity to deprive someone of admission becausez of his belief. Shame Shame shame.

Well. Jesus said that nobody will have access to the Father without him.

Is this not depriving someone of admission due to religious beliefs?

Or do you think that the Bible says that everyone will get into heaven, both believers and non-believers?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by sucre2(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?

I see now that there is compulsion in religion abi?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by uyplus(m): 11:41am On Jul 29, 2012
Muhammed is a bastars rotting in hellfire!!impregnatin women and all untill hs death!! How n wht rock did hs allah minister to hm?? allah is a sungod!!shevbi ur libido wld tk u to aljannah to slp wiv virgins n drink beer with god abi? Smh!! So god wld drink alcohol n b high, n den sleeep wiv virgins tooo!! Wat a waste of sanity!bunch of religious bigots!! I hate evry muslim I see!I Bleep ur wmn lyk crazy! Looose bitches! Den dey'll tel u condom is a taboo!! Islam is evil, devilish! Chk ur surah 215, 150 n all!den u'd want to fight 4god in da name of jihad!blood thirsty viloent bucnh of bigots!! Is allah cripple?is he lame, is he handicapp?cnt he fight 4hmslf frm hs soo callled supreme place of abode!! Bulshits!! Muhammed and all hs followers/descendants shall burn in da hottest pat of hellfire!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2012
Jesus the bouncer . . . interesting

The God of the Christians must be a really terrifying god if you have to go through a bouncer to reach him. What is he afraid of? Why does he need a bouncer?

No wonder the so called men of gods are wicked and unreachable; their god hired a bouncer to protect himself from the common man.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Afam4eva(m): 11:45am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well. Jesus said that nobody will have access to the Father without him.

Is this not depriving someone of admission due to religious beliefs?

Or do you think that the Bible says that everyone will get into heaven, both believers and non-believers?
We're not talking about who makes heaven, are we? What's wrong in being your brother's keeper irrespective of religion and color of Skin??

The fact that Oyedepo's sister has not converted to Christianity shows that she does not want to compromise her faith because of Riches. So, Oyedepo should come to the aid of his spiritual brothers and sisters that are dieing of poverty in his church and Nigerian chritiandom in general.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ahf(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2012
School
If been a Christian is an "admission criteria", then so be it. Applicants should apply to other schools.
A man or woman is not great based by the school attended, but by what he is made of and what God has blessed him or her with.
Been a private establishment, except he's in violation of the law/constitution, then the school can choose their students
as they please.

Family/Wealth
While this approach is not prescribed by any religion, have we come to see how different from past times, religions have suddenly
failed to cohabit due to the new intro's from individuals in both religions.

He is off course free to do with he's wealth as he pleases. Nobody can judge nor criticize him for that.

The ultimate judgment for everyone is "GOD ALMIGHTY".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2012
afam4eva:
We're not talking about who makes heaven, are we? What's wrong in being your brother's keeper irrespective of religion and color of Skin??

The fact that Oyedepo's sister has not converted to Christianity shows that she does not want to compromise her faith because of Riches. So, Oyedepo should come to the aid of his spiritual brothers and sisters that are dieing of poverty in his church and Nigerian chritiandom in general.

You see Black people, denying their blood because of White man's religion. I tell ya, we are phocked.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2012
afam4eva: My point is that, Jesus himself "reeks of inhumanity" by your standard. Since he is not giving admittance to non-believers.

Christians should follow Jesus's example, should they not? Or at a minimum, they are under no obligation to be held to a standard different from his, yes?

Finally:
afam4eva: So, Oyedepo should come to the aid of his spiritual brothers and sisters that are dieing of poverty in his church and Nigerian chritiandom in general.

Oh what relevance is this to this thread She is a Muslim. She is not his spiritual brother or sister, by definition. So how does this sentence relate to the topic of the thread?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Kachi188(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2012
Although i doubt d veracity of dis story, i have 2 state her dat attaching such conditions b4 helping anyone is improper, Bible said we shud do good 2 all men, especially 2 dose of d household of faith...i tink his sister falls under the 'all men' category......there r many ways 2 get her converted, its d Spirit of God dat wud convince her, nt d threat of seclusion...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2012
ahf: School
If been a Christian is an "admission criteria", then so be it. Applicants should apply to other schools.
A man or woman is not great based by the school attended, but by what he is made of and what God has blessed him or her with.
Been a private establishment, except he's in violation of the law/constitution, then the school can choose their students
as they please.

Family/Wealth
While this approach is not prescribed by any religion, have we come to see how different from past times, religions have suddenly
failed to cohabit due to the new intro's from individuals in both religions.

He is off course free to do with he's wealth as he pleases. Nobody can judge nor criticize him for that.

The ultimate judgment for everyone is "GOD ALMIGHTY".

I hope he is paying his taxes regularly because if he wants to make his own rule he better find his own land, his own electricity, his own water, his own security and hopefully he is remitting adequate tax to the govt as at when due.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2012
White man's religion invented by a Middle-Easterner (Christianity), Arab man's religion (Islam).

Most seem to follow foreign religions in Nigeria.

But that is neither here nor there.

The point is, let the man follow the religion he has chosen for himself.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by kilimanjaro(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2012
!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by kilimanjaro(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2012
Bishop David Oyedepo is a Monster!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Cherryslim(f): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?

may God forgive u, i belief u are a kid, so i cant blame u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2012

Christians should follow Jesus's example, should they not? Or at a minimum, they are under no obligation to be held to a standard different from his, yes?

Oh yeah? Like not flying in a GIV? Not using the internet because you know p/o/r/n is just a click away? And I hope he can walk on the Atlantic ocean, if he cant, smh, he has fallen short of the standard Jesus set. If he feels no qualms about not being able to walk on water, why should giving her Muslim sister money be a big deal?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by dekung(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2012
I don't want to believe this is true but if it is then Oyedepo has evidently veered away from the religion he strongly professes. An atheist/agnost/humanist will never compelled anyone to jettison their religious beliefs before they render help. Was Yar'Adua a christian? Yet Oyedepo in the company of other lying pastors like him flew to Saudi Arabia to go and see him when he was ill. Wherein lies our humanity? What is the difference between this act and Jihadist acts? Even the book which all christians claim is the word, The Bible, says if your enemy is hungry feed him, no condition was added before the feeding instructions. Though Jesus still complimented this by saying feeding your enemy would meaning heaping burnin coals on their head but this woman is not an enemy, she is family for goodness sake!!!. What have we become? The milk of human kindness is now in short supply because religion has created a gaping hole in the cistern that is supposed to hold this milk. Do you now blame some of us for hating religion and everything about it, especialy the religion that is flavoured with the Nigerian seasoning. Again I stil do not believe Oyedepo said this even though I dislike the ground he steps on I wil take this as an ordinary rumour.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Cherryslim:

may God forgive u, i belief u are a kid, so i cant blame u

Which "God" are you referring to?

If the God of Christianity, then there is nothing to be forgiven. The Bible doesn't require you to respect other religions...

Your sentence is nonsensical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Caption This Picture Of Kumuyi Preaching To Aregbesola / Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.