Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,150 members, 7,977,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:36 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (395707 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aejaywhite: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2013
I have not scanned the car
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ejaay: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2013
Ikenna351:

* Driving Position: Right Hand Drive.

My phone number is in my signature. Or you can have it here: 08052811236.

I don't live in Kogi. I stay in Abuja. So, I don't know anyone around there that can help you fix the car. But there should someone that has an OBD II scan tool in your town. Take the car there and try if the scan tool can communicate with the car system.

Ikenna

Mr Ikenna, pls do you think we ll enjoy this car? The guy that sold it seems to be a fraud, dint say the car was RHD changed to LHD.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2013
Ejaay:

Mr Ikenna, pls do you think we ll enjoy this car? The guy that sold it seems to be a fraud, dint say the car was RHD changed to LHD.

Well, some people drive these RHD converted Peugeots and are ok with them. It could be that the conversions were done well or do not mind issues that come with them. So the definition of "enjoy" in this matter is what am not in a position to give you, since i don't drive one, even though i work on them.

As for the deception, it happens all the time. Once a dishonest dealer finds out you are JJC in RHD converted Peugeots, he/she will use that undue advantage to rip you off. A lot people have bought Peugeots thinking they were buying factory LHD, not knowing they were converted ones. Some on the other hand would ask for the converted ones since they are cheaper.

Good morning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2013
Ejaay:

I forgot to ask, any update the car issue?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by yemionline(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hi Ikenna, I Really like wat u are doing here. more grease to ur elbows bro. Pls i hav an issue with my car. i drive a 406 1998 model. i suddenly started having issues with my battery. the battery water was topped and den a day afta the battery started messing up. it refused to start in d morning anymore, we had to keep pushing. the car is fine in during the day but at night once i turn on the head lights with the A/c on, before you know it the lights starts getting dim, d radio and A/c start misbehaving, at that point if i turn off the engine, its not going to start anymore. most of the features of the car are digital, i'm using an su10 engine. i checkd to see if the battery was charging properly by removing one of the battery terminal wires while the engine is running, and the car didn't go off. the electricians boy where i went to have the car checked recommended that i buy a 75AH battery instead, that the 60 AH battery is too small for my car, pls wats ur take on this?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
yemionline: Hi Ikenna, I Really like wat u are doing here. more grease to ur elbows bro. Pls i hav an issue with my car. i drive a 406 1998 model. i suddenly started having issues with my battery. the battery water was topped and den a day afta the battery started messing up. it refused to start in d morning anymore, we had to keep pushing. the car is fine in during the day but at night once i turn on the head lights with the A/c on, before you know it the lights starts getting dim, d radio and A/c start misbehaving, at that point if i turn off the engine, its not going to start anymore. most of the features of the car are digital, i'm using an su10 engine. i checkd to see if the battery was charging properly by removing one of the battery terminal wires while the engine is running, and the car didn't go off. the electricians boy where i went to have the car checked recommended that i buy a 75AH battery instead, that the 60 AH battery is too small for my car, pls wats ur take on this?

A failing battery symptom.

Before i go on, please, do not remove your battery terminals again while engine is running in your D8 again. Even though it lacks BSI unit, but it could fry your Engine Control Unit. There are better and safer ways of testing Alternator.

The symptom sounds like your battery is gone. I would advice you get another battery. But as for the person that told you that 60 Ah battery is too small for the car, don't mind him. D8 & D9 factory battery is 60 -62 Ah. 75 or 60 Ah battery makes no difference in 406. What matters is how good the battery is.

To test and rule out your Alternator, other than the crude method you used, get a DMM (Digital MultiMeter ). If you don't have, you buy one of N200. Start the car, set the DMM to 20v, place the DMM red lead on the positive battery terminal and the black lead on the negative battery terminal (with AC off). You should get a fluctuating volts between 13.8 - 14v. That should tell you your Alternator is charging well.
I would suggest you buy another battery as soon as the DMM test proves the Alternator is ok. Look for Everstart battery. It's made in Korea and very good battery, though scarce. Thats the battery in my SV D9.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
A lion house member visited me today in the office. Later, we went out together to buy some parts at Area 3 Junction spare parts plaza. We decided to find out if D9 new Catalytic Converter is available in Abuja. Luckily, it is. But each new one cost 65k shocked (excluding v6 though) while complete new D9 exhaust with Catalytic converter, cost 120k (i hope i remember it correctly ).

So, guys, becareful where you buy your fuel or how you run your fuel tank empty. Excessive fueling, failed coil pack, failed spark plugs and oil burning engine will kill the Caty quicker.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by yemionline(m): 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ikenna351:

A failing battery symptom.

Before i go on, please, do not remove your battery terminals again while engine is running in your D8 again. Even though it lacks BSI unit, but it could fry your Engine Control Unit. There are better and safer ways of testing Alternator.

The symptom sounds like your battery is gone. I would advice you get another battery. But as for the person that told you that 60 Ah battery is too small for the car, don't mind him. D8 & D9 factory battery is 60 -62 Ah. 75 or 60 Ah battery makes no difference in 406. What matters is how good the battery is.

To test and rule out your Alternator, other than the crude method you used, get a DMM (Digital MultiMeter ). If you don't have, you buy one of N200. Start the car, set the DMM to 20v, place the DMM red lead on the positive battery terminal and the black lead on the negative battery terminal (with AC off). You should get a fluctuating volts between 13.8 - 14v. That should tell you your Alternator is charging well.
I would suggest you buy another battery as soon as the DMM test proves the Alternator is ok. Look for Everstart battery. It's made in Korea and very good battery, though scarce. Thats the battery in my SV D9.

Ikenna

Thanks alot bro, i neva knew my crude method of testing my alternator could fry my ECU. am definitely going to stick around this thread.
i hav a DMM, am going to test it 2mao morning.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elektra70: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Ikenna351 is still a f*ckface. let him ban me again
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elektra70: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
elektra70: Ikenna351 is still a f*ckface. let him ban me again

Taaaadaaa... I'm still here u dirtbag. Captain nairaland, are u tired of bannin?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ejaay: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Ikenna351:

I forgot to ask, any update the car issue?

Ikenna

Just got a guy who is coming this weekend to scan it, couldn't get any around here. Believing God it can be sorted out. Thanks for asking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.