Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,171 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (501844 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
firestar: -breaks hiatus-

Hooouse?

Haaaauuuusss smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hello house,firestar and reineViolet
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tovot: Hello house,firestar and reineViolet

Hey hun, how are you?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am great,had a good day?
ReineViolet:

Hey hun, how are you?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tovot: I am great,had a good day?

Good to hear, Im still in the afternoon smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
ReineViolet:

hey Nkpume, it's an on and off situation. How's you? smiley
Tanx Violet.I hope it does change.
Btw,i have a short story alredi,''The Last Star''.U might want to luk dat up.Tanx!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Tanx Violet.I hope it does change.
Btw,i have a short story alredi,''The Last Star''.U might want to luk dat up.Tanx!

Sure id check it out. Youre welcome anytime smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
ReineViolet:

Sure id check it out. Youre welcome anytime smiley
Violet,officially my first acquaintance here.*Dancing Skelewu* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MaziOmenuko: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2013
@ Mynd, I thought it was allowed for works to be nominated in different genres at the awards? My NYSC got nominated for thriller, adventure and action (or suspense, don't really know which one) but got shortlisted under Adventure alone.

I've been busy with the short story competition that I failed to notice this.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: @ Mynd, I thought it was allowed for works to be nominated in different genres at the awards? My NYSC got nominated for thriller, adventure and action (or suspense, don't really know which one) but got shortlisted under Adventure alone.

I've been busy with the short story competition that I failed to notice this.
This is why I waited for a while before voting stared.....so people would have gone over the list and stuff.

Okay, send me the links and I will look into it
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is why I waited for a while before voting stared.....so people would have gone over the list and stuff.

Oga Mynd,pls i dont understand a thing about leaving the link of a thread on anoda.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Oga Mynd,pls i dont understand a thing about leaving the link of a thread on anoda.
I don't get you sir
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2013
Hello everyone. Wats shele-ing in here
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2013
I fade into the wind.. Like y'all experiencing desert storm
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MaziOmenuko: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Mynd_44:

I don't really understand the links you requested for. But here is a feedback I found from the nomination thread:

www.nairaland.com/1451024/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread/3#18434725
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
its simple and easy. Just go to the thread you need to reference on another thread and copy the web address. Then you return to the thread that you intend to paste it in and click on reply and paste the link there. Then click on comment, it will show.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

I don't really understand the links you requested for. But here is a feedback I found from the nomination thread:

www.nairaland.com/1451024/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread/3#18434725
Great!!!!

You know you should have taken it up then right?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Danielsachs(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2013
Danielsachs: Hi I'm Ojeade Opeoluwa Daniel, one of the contestants for the etisalatprize for flash fiction.
For me to win, I need your votes and to vote, just click on the link below.
www.etisalatprize.com/a-country's-pride.
Please vote for me and make my dream of becoming a winner come true.
You can also share on facebook and tweet after voting for others to see......happy sunday.......literature keeps us together......thanx.
please dont forget to vote for my flash fiction at www.etisalatprize.com/a-country's-pride God bless you as you do so.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MaziOmenuko: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
Great!!!!

You know you should have taken it up then right?

Like I said, I've been busy organizing another competition. Anyway, no qualms, seems there's little I can do about it now.

However, I have another observation. Its about the writers canvassing for votes. Isn't there something restraining such? I've noticed, quite unfortunately, that some writers with ongoing stories are imploring their fans following their current story to vote for them. This gives a huge disadvantage to those writers with already completed work. I know its a bit too late for the observation, I've been busy too, but this will certainly thwart the result if allowed to continue.

I remembered the last year Lit poster award where some writers did same thing and you personally frowned at it and threatened to pull out.

Check the last pages of all current stories going on now at the board: except that of Omolola1 and Repogirl; then you will understand what I mean.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Like I said, I've been busy organizing another competition. Anyway, no qualms, seems there's little I can do about it now.

However, I have another observation. Its about the writers canvassing for votes. Isn't there something restraining such? I've noticed, quite unfortunately, that some writers with ongoing stories are imploring their fans following their current story to vote for them. This gives a huge disadvantage to those writers with already completed work. I know its a bit too late for the observation, I've been busy too, but this will certainly thwart the result if allowed to continue.

I remembered the last year Lit poster award where some writers did same thing and you personally frowned at it and threatened to pull out.

Check the last pages of all current stories going on now at the board: except that of Omolola1 and Repogirl; then you will understand what I mean.
I know it is unfortunate but what can we do when vanity has taken over the minds and brains of these so-called writers and they dont know anything about ethics. i will talk to the scribes and see what they think
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by princesa(f): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
*gulps down two tablets of chill pill*

cos I fear what my hands are itching to type embarassed

undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
Obinnau: its simple and easy. Just go to the thread you need to reference on another thread and copy the web address. Then you return to the thread that you intend to paste it in and click on reply and paste the link there. Then click on comment, it will show.
Tanx man.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Jodekss(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
Kaycee7: I can't bliv we're about to spend a week on one page.
i don't think it's how far, but...
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Obinnau: its simple and easy. Just go to the thread you need to reference on another thread and copy the web address. Then you return to the thread that you intend to paste it in and click on reply and paste the link there. Then click on comment, it will show.
https://www.nairaland.com/1467567/last-star
Boss, i ud like u 2 check dis out.Tanx.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mathicks(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
If you love extremely creative very short stories, read this guys!!

Eric Arthur /Nigeria
Title: Life is Just Funny

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely. No wonder comedians tell people about their poverty level before they started comedy and people laugh. Imagine somebody laughing at that same person at that time when he was actually suffering. America would have had to interfere in the kind of fight that would break out.

”David, meet Chidinma,” Tony finally said in English. ”Chidinma, this is David”. They both burst out laughing and I imagined what he must have told her about me in their native language. I just laughed with them. Afterall, what could I do?

To vote for this story click here : http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/ Thanks alot!! Its a 300 words literature competition..

pls dont forget to vote..i'll appreciate it alot. Just click ''vote for me''..thats all. Thanks guys! You're Awesome!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 09, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1467567/last-star.
Hey Pals,pls check dis out.Am sure u would like it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lwkmd..
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HezronLorraine(m): 12:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Hi everyone.I want to join this section actively.I don't visit this section even though am a vast reader and gifted in the art of writing.I felt an urge to write a story here.it would be my first piece of writing in a long time,stopped writing since after first year uni.I hope to do my best and see the outcome.The story is inspired by Nairaland.I want to take it through the Nairaland a Story dimension.it would be fashioned that way.Pray for grace to complete it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 5:18am On Oct 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Hi everyone.I want to join this section actively.I don't visit this section even though am a vast reader and gifted in the art of writing.I felt an urge to write a story here.it would be my first piece of writing in a long time,stopped writing since after first year uni.I hope to do my best and see the outcome.The story is inspired by Nairaland.I want to take it through the Nairaland a Story dimension.it would be fashioned that way.Pray for grace to complete it.
you are welcome
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HezronLorraine(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2013
Obinnau: you are welcome
thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (725) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.