Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,317 members, 7,943,785 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes (709 Views)

20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Children Learn Easily By Imitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Most parents don't want their children to make the same mistakes they made but learn from them instead.
And i don't blame them for this.
But i personally think children should be allowed to make their own mistakes and learn from them as this gives them more experience and a better understanding of the kind of world they are living in.
And also enable them avoid such mistakes flawlessly in the future.
In essence, i mean, you can never know how hot a fire is until you touch it. But as their parents, we should be there to make sure they don't get burnt in the fire (i.e protect them), but to ensure that they have just a lil scar to make them remember how hot a fire can be.
Your thoughts.
Re: Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes by MissyB3(f): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Advise, after which you let them carry out their actions, make their mistakes, have their experiences and live their life.
I could never understand why some parents deem it fit to live through their kids.
If it weren't necessary that each lived his life, we'd simply be born and suddenly start living from where our parents stopped, and not have to start the whole process of life again.
Re: Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2012
Missy_B: Advise, after which you let them carry out their actions, make their mistakes, have their experiences and live their life.
I could never understand why some parents deem it fit to live through their kids.
If it weren't necessary that each lived his life, we'd simply be born and suddenly start living from where our parents stopped, and not have to start the whole process of life again.
Soo on point!!
Like they say, live and let live
Re: Would Children Learn Better From Their Own Mistakes by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2012
Missy_B: Advise, after which you let them carry out their actions, make their mistakes, have their experiences and live their life.

(1) (Reply)

30 People Living With HIV/AIDS Married In Jigawa State / Who Can U Marry- Poor Educated Spouse Or Rich Uneducated Spouse / About The Missing 30 Year Old Petroleum Engineer Found Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.