Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,006 members, 7,880,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:13 PM

Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB (8440 Views)

GEJ's Govt. Better Than OBJ And PMB’s Govt. —Transparency International / How GEJ's Govt. Used Bullion Vans To Cart Away N67.2bn From CBN - Premium Times / I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by mukina2: 7:01am On Aug 01, 2012
Former military president Gen Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida yesterday said that the country’s democracy has nothing to fear as the military will not overthrow the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan. According to him, the military will not overthrow the present civilian government on the grounds that its officers have been exposed to training and exposure on the tenets of democracy.

Babangida spoke at the graduation/anniversary lecture of the National Defence College (NDC) in Abuja as the distinguished guest speaker.

Speaking on a theme ‘‘The Creation of National Defence College (NDC): Twenty Years After’’, Babangida said: ‘‘I can say without equivocation that our democracy faces no danger from the military. This is because the curriculum of the NDC has exposed participants to the tenets of democracy from inception. Long before Nigeria returned to democratic rule, military officers who passed through this college were prepared for life of service under civilian leadership and control.’’

He added that most senior officers in the armed forces already knew about civil-military relations within the democratic context before international partners brought the idea of giving lessons on it. “Ironically, it seemed that it was the new civilian political masters who needed to learn from these lessons most. It is no wonder that the military has firmly kept to its professional duties because this is right and also out of enlightened self-interest,’’ IBB stated. “An area in which the college has contributed to national development is in the inculcation, among military and paramilitary personnel, of core values and ethics that support democratic rule.’’

Commending the college for its achievements in training officers of the military, the former military leader said the yearly studies and research reports produced by the college have the potential to contribute more to national development ‘‘if the relevant government agencies make best use of the results or findings’’. He observed that the college has been nurtured to the prestigious institution that it is now: ‘‘I am aware that the NDC is well-known and respected not only at home but also in Africa and round the world. It is a centre of excellence for both ECOWAS and the Africa Union (AU) in training peacekeepers at the strategic level.’’

www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/31354/2012/08/01/military_wont_overthrow_jonathans_govt_ibb.html
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 01, 2012
We Nigerians can take his word for it`s worth. Is it not MARADONA the EVIL GENIUS speaking? cool
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 01, 2012
Says a honest man angry
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Chanchit: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2012
Pls, don't even think about it....!
*i jst hope they take over jare*
*winks*
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Okijajuju1(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Like we trust you!!

Oya GEJ, its time to reshuffle the military and massively retire all heads, they are planning something big!!

3 Likes

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Acidosis(m): 8:35am On Aug 01, 2012
But why?
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Aug 01, 2012
I wish the military could take over the Federation. Atleast we won't hear GEJ Rochas, Fashola, Mimiko, Sambo, David Mark and every other ugly civilian names again till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Murphy7h4: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2012
It is amazing!
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2012
Why include Fashola in your list ?
Acidosis: I wish the military could take over the Federation. Atleast we won't hear GEJ Rochas, Fashola, Mimiko, Sambo, David Mark and every other ugly civilian names again till eternity.
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Aug 01, 2012
GenBuhari: Why include Fashola in your list ?

cos he's civilian. The military man he embarrased on BRT would be appointed to 'dethrone' him.

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 01, 2012
^ The military man embarrassed himself by breaking the law.

3 Likes

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by PointB: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2012
Isn't that obvious?
When the politically minded military boys have been shown the door by Obj.
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2012
Acidosis: I wish the military could take over the Federation. Atleast we won't hear GEJ Rochas, Fashola, Mimiko, Sambo, David Mark and every other ugly civilian names again till eternity.

Oga please o, don't wish us evil abeg. Do you think you can post on NL if the military should take over? Abeg I cherish my democratic freedoms. If I don't gain anything else, at least I can criticize the VIPs (Vagabonds In Power) and still sleep with two eyes closed.

4 Likes

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Odunnu: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2012
We know.
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by ebamma(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2012
okay, we don hear,now what next
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Chinom(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2012
We are giving too much credit to the likes of IBB and OBJ. They no longer have any form of influence in the military. The new generation of military officers do not look up to them. Whether a coup happens or not is beyond their control.
We have a more refined armed forces now and GEJ is firmly in control.

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by DExplorer1: 9:46am On Aug 01, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by ibrutex(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2012
Once upon a time in Nigeria! when maradona was a politician and not a football player. shocked shocked shocked

Twenty Years After’’, Babangida said: ‘‘I can say without equivocation that our democracy faces no danger from the military. This is because the curriculum of the NDC has exposed participants to the tenets of democracy from inception. Long before Nigeria returned to democratic rule, military officers who passed through this college were prepared for life of service under civilian leadership and control.’’........ interpretation GEJ watch your back grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Humphreydis(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2012
A way of instigating d military against d govt. Of GEJ...so Boko Haram no work now dey ve resulted 2 d assistance of d military...huh?..too cheap!.abeg try anoda means cos dis wont even work....
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Biggyd2: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2012
And on whose authority does this man speak? A past or present general of the NIgerian army? And if Military won't overthrow GEJ's Government, do you have another group in mind? Boko Haram, maybe? Please go back to your mansion(which you built with the money of Nigerians) in Minna and pray for forgiveness for your atrocities against this country, since our government has refused to do the right thing to you.
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by TrueNaijaguy: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Who said the military is a threat? Unnecessary comment that might soon heat up the polity. Sensationalization by the press will come up soon and it will turn to a threat.

2 Likes

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by jamace(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Hmnn. See who is talking. shocked
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by sheyguy: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2012
Assurance!!!
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by DExplorer1: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2012
Humphreydis: A way of instigating d military against d govt. Of GEJ...so Boko Haram no work now dey ve resulted 2 d assistance of d military...huh?..too cheap!.abeg try anoda means cos dis wont even work....
You damn right. When people like him talks, it's to heat up the polity. Such isn't neccessary.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by solgee(m): 10:02am On Aug 01, 2012
hmmmm...I smell a rat in his comment. Any which way, God pass them
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Holadokun(m): 10:10am On Aug 01, 2012
One day Nigeria go beta. . . . . I cnt wait
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by size38: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2012
We are talking about new military. Not military of the old when IBB, BUHARI, ABACHA,GOWON, etc used overthrow a democratically elected learders. Gone are the days. They cant try that shit anymore or we set the nation ablaze.
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by jude33084(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2012
We should All TRUST him grin
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2012
oga GEJ watch your back!! When your enemies start coming for a handshake becareful not to strech it too far.

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2012
The fact is I don't trust this man but I must say that Nigeria has passed the era of military taking over cause if it happens there must be a showdown and the military knows that so a coup attenpt will break up Nigeria, that's exactly what happened in mali
Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Lordave: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2012
Always tryin to be in the News.

1 Like

Re: Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=size38]We are talking about new military. Not military of the old when IBB, BUHARI, ABACHA,GOWON, etc used overthrow a democratically elected learders. Gone are the days. They cant try that shit anymore or we set the nation ablaze. [/quote

all talk!! When it happens now you'll be the first to cross the cameroonian or chad border

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Thread For Wailing After APC Is Declared Winner In Edo Elections / Governor Ugwuanyi Emerge PDP Candidate In Enugu State / Breaking News: ICPC Seals Shehu Dikko’s Residence Over NFF Corruption Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.