Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,749 members, 7,895,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan (8206 Views)

FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by airfinance(m): 11:21am On Aug 03, 2012
My brodas. We youth would keep on talking and making comments about these farouk and Otedola saga. But I tell ehat aint nothing gonna come out at the end of the show. The future and decision is in our hands not the useless police and judges to decide again. To me I have lost trust confidence in them.No one wld go to jail trrust me
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by crackhouse(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2012
Make them do quick and send him to their usual VIP Prison where he will be allowed to sleep on a water bed, watch Tv, make calls with his ipad, play table tennis and also receive his visiting wife who can even spend some days & nights with him.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2012
boysy: This is getting so annoying. Why is our security agency takes Nigerian for granted. The same story over and over again. They are always set to arraign Lawan but no action taken. Enough of this boyish attitude from a serious matter as this. If you've enough evidence against him, why can't he be arraigned and stop telling 170million Nigerian stories day after day. We cannot take this from you people again is high time you people sit up and do the right thing as soon as possible. Right now the man is enjoying himself at the comfort of his home while you keep update us with inactive comment every time. Enough of this.

It is best to learn about due process than complain about it, bruv.
What Nigeria needs is to change the constitution as it concerns judicial matters, lets not be good at screaming illogical emotion into the wind. Learn the root of the problem and attack it.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Beaf: 11:29am On Aug 03, 2012
Dotman01: Can't or Won't?

Whether the house can't or won't impeach the President is beyond the point. The point is that Farouk will be tried even if heaven falls, no matter how hard the subsidy mafia forces fight back.
GEJ doesn't give a damn anyway (and thats why he is in Trinidad and Tobago, not caring for the reps infantile flappings).
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by dikkybutt(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2012
story, story
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by phemybof(m): 11:40am On Aug 03, 2012
1supremo: Lawan made it clear that he '' Collected money, not bribe'' Why the arraignment? When did COLLECTING MONEY become a crime? Nigeria, stop persecuting your citizens or be prepared for a massive brain drain!
am highly disapintd in u,ar u a real nigerian? Or PDP or u ar one of those feedind unda lawan umbrella?.beta keep ur mouth shut

1 Like

Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Dotman01(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

Whether the house can't or won't impeach the President is beyond the point. The point is that Farouk will be tried even if heaven falls, no matter how hard the subsidy mafia forces fight back.
GEJ doesn't give a damn anyway (and thats why he is in Trinidad and Tobago, not caring for the reps infantile flappings).
yeah, truly ''Gej doesnt give a damn'' .
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by dedeike: 11:50am On Aug 03, 2012
Dotman01: am sure this gon be last we gon hear on this case, where's Bankole? ibb? Alams etc?. They are playing nigerians like ludo, na ''do me i do u stylee''
Prosecute the subsidy guys and we'll expose u too.
This is where you miss the point. It is the role of executive to prosecute through the police or EFCC while the judiciary is to adjudicate and bring the criminals to justice.
No matter how hard GEJ loves to see these criminals go to jail, he cannot all by himself take over the trial and convict the accused persons. It is the duty of the judiciary and the judges to so do.

Mr president's anti corruption role stops with investigations and the arraignment of accused persons in court. He can't go beyond that.
Take for instance the Bankole case you mentioned. When that scandal broke out, the president directed the EFCC to investigate the outgoing speaker.
Upon the expiration of his tenure, he was immediately arrested and taken to court alongside his deputy Bello Nafafa.
You would recall that EFCC even engaged the services of lawyer activist, Festus Keyamo to assist in prosecuting the case.
The trial began and after serious legal fireworks, govt lost the case. The court dismissed Bankole.
I suggest that if you have any grievance at this point. You should lay it at the doorsteps of the judiciary.

In Alams case, I'm shocked you don't know that Alams was charged to court by EFCC and also convicted accordingly. It was through plea bargain that he regained his freedom. The plea bargain option ensured that Govt was able to recover over 50 billion Naira and Chelsea hotel from Alams.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2012
Lawan, just get a good lawyer that knows the law or one that knows the judge.

This is Nigeria, you can't go to jail.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Claumy2(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2012
Can these men be jailed? If yes can it be up to 30years? Again, can they bring out the money? If yes, what would the money be used for? I'm doubting many things in Nigeria-justice in this Farouk criminal matter is in doubt
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by dedeike: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
kommy: Lawan, just get a good lawyer that knows the law or one that knows the judge.

This is Nigeria, you can't go to jail.
Exactly. You see where the problem lies. After the executive struggles against all odds to prosecute these criminals, lawyers and judges let them off the hook through legal gymnastics and abracadabra. Yet many Nigerians never bother to look in the direction of the judiciary.
All that FACROOK needs to do at the moment is to hire any of the big SAN's and this case is history.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
phemybof: am highly disapintd in u,ar u a real nigerian? Or PDP or u ar one of those feedind unda lawan umbrella?.beta keep ur mouth shut

Looks to me like you don't know SARCASM when you see one. Grow up man and be less caustic next time. I LOVE MY COMPATRIOTS!
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Reptyle(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
So apart from the "your word against mine" testimony from Otedola who is the prime prosecution witness, and his cut and join video, what other evidence does the police really have against Farouk to guarantee a conviction at the end?

Or is this just going to be another lengthy court process that will cost taxpayers millions of naira and eventually get thrown out for lack of valid evidence? Where are the marked dollar notes? $620,000 USD is not the kind of money that should vanish without a trace.

Why was Farouk not arrested with his hands in the cookie jar immediately after the sting operation planned and supervised by the SSS?

Why is the SSS refusing to release the video of the sting operation to the police to help with the prosecution process?

Why is the police rushing to court when they know that the chances of securing a conviction are almost non-existent?

Why do these public officials continue to try to hoodwink us?

Why
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by waters2012: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
[quote author=1supremo] Lawan made it clear that he '' Collected money, not bribe'' Why the arraignment? When did COLLECTING MONEY become a crime? Nigeria, stop persecuting your citizens or be prepared for a massive brain drain![/quote

Lawan na brain?
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by 10over101: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Happy Planing..
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by idowuswap: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
Just download im a husler by s-me www.waptrick.com
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by phemybof(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
1supremo: Lawan made it clear that he '' Collected money, not bribe'' Why the arraignment? When did COLLECTING MONEY become a crime? Nigeria, stop persecuting your citizens or be prepared for a massive brain drain!
u be stupid or ar u from PDP
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by logo77: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Prosecution.............. Na today?
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by edicolove: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
Reptyle: So apart from the "your word against mine" testimony from Otedola who is the prime prosecution witness, and his cut and join video, what other evidence does the police really have against Farouk to guarantee a conviction at the end?

Or is this just going to be another lengthy court process that will cost taxpayers millions of naira and eventually get thrown out for lack of valid evidence? Where are the marked dollar notes? $620,000 USD is not the kind of money that should vanish without a trace.

Why was Farouk not arrested with his hands in the cookie jar immediately after the sting operation planned and supervised by the SSS?

Why is the SSS refusing to release the video of the sting operation to the police to help with the prosecution process?

Why is the police rushing to court when they know that the chances of securing a conviction are almost non-existent?

Why do these public officials continue to try to hoodwink us?

Why

Why are you drawing us back? Why? Have you been living under a rock? Why?
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by edicolove: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dotman01: Can't or Won't?

The house can't impeach the president. Only the NASS can impeach the president.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by flexdee(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Thrills and frills everywhere, let those stupid people do the right thing and spare us the details. tthing
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
phemybof: u be stupid or ar u from PDP
NONE of the above.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Reptyle(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
edicolove:

Why are you drawing us back? Why? Have you been living under a rock? Why?

Yes I have been living under a rock.

Perhaps you who has been living on the rock will care to educate me.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Palmos: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] sadyea. Datz gud. U guys shuld be fast with dis action nayea. Datz gud. U guys shuld be fast with dis action nayea. Datz gud. U guys shuld be fast with dis action na
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by EagleNest(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nigerian upper/lower legislative chambers are full of dishonourable men. They are just as corrupt as the police and customs.It is only in Nigeria that-the law makers,the law enforcers, interpreters of law, etc all break laws. Just wondering why police is still wasting time but if it's a case of petty thief, he would have been in prison by now.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by TalkingBird: 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
A typical case of Jeremiah chapter 10 verse 23
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Camilia247: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
This is taking too long, very soon now it will die off, thats y i trust the SSS, The wud hav finish dis case since, it will b left for the judges to do their magomago as usual.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by tessyade: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
Waiting to see how this movie will end. We are use to watching such movies in Nigeria.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by lanrefront1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
Beaf:

What the hell are you talking about? Up to your usual tricks of trying to confuse issues and people. GEJ and his group of friends, PDP associates and sponsors are the SUBSIDY MAFIA and not the other way round. Do you think it's possible for 3000 Billion (3 (Trillion) to be spent for an item which 245 Billion was budgeted for, under the nose of a sitting President without him knowing. It's IMPOSSICANT for such a monumental fraud to be perpetrated without the knowledge approval and active connivance of the President and his officials.

Please tell us another story; otherwise go gather small children and tell them the story.

Rubbish Somebody.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by realsammie(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
Otedola should also be arrested. The giver is a guilty as the taker.
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by Phikom(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
solgee: Long over due...
abi oo
Re: Police Set To Arraign Farouk Lawan by zeal500: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
he should simply go to jail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Arrests 15 Russian Sailors For Arms Smuggling / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram / Meet Dr Eni Njoku Jnr, Son Of The First VC Of Unilag Who Works For NASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.