Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,668 members, 7,965,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:48 PM

If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? (3896 Views)

See The Question I Asked That Made Her Angry... / Reasons Why No Man Has Popped The Question Yet. / …and He Popped The Big Question… An Unforgettable Proposal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2012
y me: Last time I checked its a Man's world so let him pop the question definitely not me
Haha. It has suddenly become a man's world, right? Na so. . . Una too much.
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: @ OP, listen before u continue your foolishness;
There's a natural reason why the name of a female comes first in an invitation. If u don't knw i'll tell u why.
It's alwys like, 'she weds him' and not 'he weds her'. The simple fact is dt it's the woman who accepts to marry the guy not the guy accepting to marry the woman. That is why in this world, men shld propose and unless the woman is a fool and a desperate thing, in any part of this world, no lady gives ring to a man, a man does. The statement is simple..
Man: will u marry me?
Lady: yes!
And d invitation reads:
she(agrees to)wed him.
So stop the fallacy!
If the ignorance in this statement can be converted to electricity, the whole of Lagos will be sustained for 5 years. . .

Natural reason why female names come first = FAIL

Men should propose unless a woman is a fool and desperate = FAIL

In any part of the world (including India) no woman gives a man a ring = FAIL
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by slimyem: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: Yeah. . . Says the one who has met all Naija girls to conclude NONE can propose to a man. I hail!
the same way i'd say 'speak for yourself' man!
Its no big deal to you but it is to a lot of men!
They'd take a backward spiral as soon as a woman tries to take that lead!
Is it not the same egotistical Nigerian men all over the place?
...and this has no relation with being independent or woman rights!
What happens after the proposal and the man says he's not ready?
Pressure..maybe!
Insinuate...maybe!
But proposal?Hell No!
Do what you have to do when you have to do it...not waiting upon a woman to remind u of what to do!
Don't be a push to start man!
Don't be a wimp!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2012
slimyem: the same way i'd say 'speak for yourself' man!
Its no big deal to you but it is to a lot of men!
They'd take a backward spiral as soon as a woman tries to take that lead!
Is it not the same egotistical Nigerian men all over the place?
...and this has no relation with being independent or woman rights!
What happens after the proposal and the man says he's not ready?
Pressure..maybe!
Insinuate...maybe!
But proposal?Hell No!
Do what you have to do when you have to do it...not waiting upon a woman to remind u of what to do!
Don't be a push to start man!
Don't be a wimp!
Sorry but this makes no damn sense!

That a woman proposed to me makes me a wimp? A push to start man? Means i do not know what to do?

Is accepting a proposal by force? Does proposing to a man make you the husband in the marriage? Smh.

If he is not ready, he is not ready. Must the woman be ready before the man proposes?

Do what you have to do when you have to do it? Yet, a woman is doing what she knows she has to do, and she is being castigated?

Una too much. . .
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: It is topics like this that expose the hypocrisy in women. . . They talk trash about being independent and footing their bills and getting whatever they want and how they can blah blah fccking blah. They clamour for gender equality and what not's, then it comes to the simplest of tasks, proposing to a man, and they backslide faster than a snail goes back into its shell. . . I hail una.

OP, why not? If its a girl i already have the hots for, and i have been waiting for a time to pop it, and she actually does before me, what could be more romantic? Her proposal to me is a sure way of proving her undying love for me and her desire to clinch me before someone else does, so I'll rather count my blessings from then on. . . Proposal to a guy doesn't mean disrespect, neither does it relegate the "bride price" to the woman. Where the hell did that backward "1834 mentality" come from? undecided the world is moving along and a lot of things are changing. People are now using smartphones, and you are still on your Nokia 3310 waiting for when you can download apps on it, ba? I dey hail una.

If she is happy, i am happy. In the end, all we want is happiness. Who proposes first is inconsequential. Who proposes first doesn't make me less of a man. Ladies, drop your foolish nonsensical pride and reach out to your happiness and love. Guys, drop the stupîd ego and accept a lady who has dropped her pride to be with you. . . Smh.

Any lady out there wanna propose? kiss

FINALLY!!! Someone wit sense! I was begining to tink dat dis country is filled wit hypocrites and proud nitwits...someone actually said "we pressure men, we dnt propose" madam! Der is no difference btw those girls dat stand on the road @ nite lukin 4 customers and those in university followin aristoes...all na ashewo!!!!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2012
xhero: someone actually said "we pressure men, we dnt propose"
Really? That must be the most ignorant statement of the year. . . grin

Can a man be really pressured to do what he doesn't want to do?
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2012
slimyem:
if he didn't propose,then he has a good reason for it!
..and if the woman proposes,it means you(the man) are so dumb that you do not know what to do when you have to do it!
Don't you get it?
Lmao@asking a man's hand in marriage..
What next after that?
Go to his parents with wine and gifts and then tell them i've found a beautiful flower in their backyard? ??
If i do all these,then of course he has to wear a wedding gown while i wear the suit since I have chosen to turn all upside down...
Lmao@ 'push to start' men willing to relegate their 'in charge' position to a woman's!
Goodluck with waiting on your girl to propose op!

U used to be someone dat talks wit sense...its amazin wot make-up does to a woman's sense of reason
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by slimyem: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: Sorry but this makes no damn sense!

That a woman proposed to me makes me a wimp? A push to start man? Means i do not know what to do?

Is accepting a proposal by force? Does proposing to a man make you the husband in the marriage? Smh.

If he is not ready, he is not ready. Must the woman be ready before the man proposes?

Do what you have to do when you have to do it? Yet, a woman is doing what she knows she has to do, and she is being castigated?

Una too much. . .
you keep going on and on and making the same point on and on...
You wouldn't mind if your girlfriend proposes to you...especially when you are planning to do the same!
We hear you...
Its your choice..
Its your opinion..
Now,will you lets hear what other men have to say about the same issue?
..because that's really what this thread is about...not continually trashing other people's opinion on the issue because they do not agree with yours!
We hear you mister!
We hear you!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2012
slimyem: you keep going on and on and making the same point on and on...
You wouldn't mind if your girlfriend proposes to you...especially when you are planning to do the same!
We hear you...
Its your choice..
Its your opinion..
Now,will you lets hear what other men have to say about the same issue?
..because that's really what this thread is about...not continually trashing other people's opinion on the issue because they do not agree with yours!
We hear you mister!
We hear you!
"1834 mentality" must be kicked to the curbs. . . <<\cool/>>
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: Do i have your permission to ask you to shut up?

What do you mean by the nonsense up there? Does your proposal to a man mean he "must" accept it? Does your proposal to a man mean you are desperate? So i take it that a man proposing to a woman means he is desperate? Do you lot know the meaning of "proposal"?

What kind of "low IQ having" people are these? angry
hmmm....tell your entire family that they have a lower iq, because its obvious u are dumbfellow. Abeg respect yourself here and that was my opinion, i did nt ask 2 b insultd. Ewu
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2012
xhero:

U used to be someone dat talks wit sense...its amazin wot make-up does to a woman's sense of reason
Lmfaoooooo!!!!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Euroclydon(m): 9:20am On Aug 04, 2012
I would tell her dat i will think about it then i would re-pop the question to her if i fancy her and if not,i will ''think'' about it forever. She will eventually get the msg.
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 9:35am On Aug 04, 2012
Euroclydon: I would tell her dat i will think about it then i would re-pop the question to her if i fancy her and if not,i will ''think'' about it forever. She will eventually get the msg.

Simple and smart
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2012
tellwisdom:

Thats why ur still single at 31 undecided undecided
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 04, 2012
nne3870:
hmmm....tell your entire family that they have a lower iq, because its obvious u are dumbfellow. Abeg respect yourself here and that was my opinion, i did nt ask 2 b insultd. Ewu
That's more like it. . .
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2012
xhero:

Please dnt expose ur stupidity and dnt quote dat 'in any part of the world' bulls**t wen we knw uve neva even left ur village! Or av u gone on a world tour askin every citizen in every country who proposes to who?...moreova did u eva care to knw hw and y it came to be y men propose? The fact is we all just came to the world and met it and we conformed to wot was existing. But the world has changed a lot and people r nw doin tins diferently so wake fool!
okay, i'm not the one dt exposes the fact that he's so ugly he attracts the desperate ones who by all means wanna marry. And hey, i aint your type, don't take swipes at me, it's by rule, you'll loose! And hey, dnt get excited, i was d one dt liked your post cos u're a fool. U need to be kept happy
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2012
xhero: If a woman can propose to a fellow woman and a man can propose to his fellow man, den y all the noise makin if a woman proposed to a man and the marriage wrked out fyn... Times av changed O! back in the days if u wear contrastin colours we dey call am COLOUR RIOT but nw dem don turn am to fashion,callin it COLOUR BLOCKING!
okay. You're still looking for who to propose to you? Keep waiting. You're a big fool. A lady giving u the ring? What a desperation!

1 Like

Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by bendazum: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2012
val_dee: After she propose to me, then she will go and meet my parents for introduction and wine carrying.
GBAM!!INFACT I WILL SEE HER AS BEING DESPERATE AND IT'S A TURN-OFF.
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: okay, i'm not the one dt exposes the fact that he's so ugly he attracts the desperate ones who by all means wanna marry. And hey, i aint your type, don't take swipes at me, it's by rule, you'll loose!

Firstly, Trust me the girl in dis story wz a hottie dat u probably only dream of dating,
secondly, takin a bold step is nt wot i wud call desperation
And finally, wot smellin rules?! Who created dem. This isn't a game my friend its nt abt who wins or looses, its abt samplin opinions so dat people like u dnt do stupid tins if ure confronted wit such situations.
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: Yeah. . . Says the one who has met all Naija girls to conclude NONE can propose to a man. I hail!

Its Sarcasm man!
You already read what most of 'em think about it on here..! You're trying to bring them foward a couple of decades!!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: okay. You're still looking for who to propose to you? Keep waiting. You're a big fool. A lady giving u the ring? What a desperation!

Gay fools like u end up gettin wot dey deserve!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: It is topics like this that expose the hypocrisy in women. . . They talk trash about being independent and footing their bills and getting whatever they want and how they can blah blah fccking blah. They clamour for gender equality and what not's, then it comes to the simplest of tasks, proposing to a man, and they backslide faster than a snail goes back into its shell. . . I hail una.

OP, why not? If its a girl i already have the hots for, and i have been waiting for a time to pop it, and she actually does before me, what could be more romantic? Her proposal to me is a sure way of proving her undying love for me and her desire to clinch me before someone else does, so I'll rather count my blessings from then on. . . Proposal to a guy doesn't mean disrespect, neither does it relegate the "bride price" to the woman. Where the hell did that backward "1834 mentality" come from? undecided the world is moving along and a lot of things are changing. People are now using smartphones, and you are still on your Nokia 3310 waiting for when you can download apps on it, ba? I dey hail una.

If she is happy, i am happy. In the end, all we want is happiness. Who proposes first is inconsequential. Who proposes first doesn't make me less of a man. Ladies, drop your foolish nonsensical pride and reach out to your happiness and love. Guys, drop the stupîd ego and accept a lady who has dropped her pride to be with you. . . Smh.

Any lady out there wanna propose? kiss
sharrap! Did someone not say you're an ugly albino? Of course the inferiority complex of 'i-might-be-rejected' may be your fucckin problem! A woman will keep her pride and u must be the man! Propose, u mofo!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: That's more like it. . .
i can see that u derive pleasure from insulting ppl and being insulted. So pathetic
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by xhero: 10:05am On Aug 04, 2012
nne3870:
i can see that u derive pleasure from insulting ppl and being insulted. So pathetic

He's a free thinker dat has realized he lives in a world filled wit a lot of stupid people and he has learned to live wit it...i'm nw officially a fan!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2012
nne3870:
Not true. smiley
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: sharrap! Did someone not say you're an ugly albino? Of course the inferiority complex of 'i-might-be-rejected' may be your fucckin problem! A woman will keep her pride and u must be the man! Propose, u mofo!
It's good when you cannot back up and defend your arguments. What a way to surrender. . .

<<\cool/>>
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Beync(f): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: Is it this bad? Smh
I have not said it's bad but i will only do it when i have the finance to support him start the necessary things. secondly,i must have been fully aware and convinced that we desire to be together but his only constraint is finance
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz: If the ignorance in this statement can be converted to electricity, the whole of Lagos will be sustained for 5 years. . .

Natural reason why female names come first = FAIL

Men should propose unless a woman is a fool and desperate = FAIL

In any part of the world (including India) no woman gives a man a ring = FAIL
if your sense of reasoning is converted into a book, then i'm not suprised most of our politicians are living my it! First thing first, the marriage thing as in giving a ring was being imported, it wasn't even our culture. And we fuckin didn't imbibe from india, maybe ghana did. So we learned by that, that men propose. And all y'all hitting abt the world going light, well, i'm sure u won't mind if your son decided to be gay! Of course u aint gonna have a biological one, you're gay too!
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2012
Beync: I have not said it's bad but i will only do it when i have the finance to support him start the necessary things. secondly,i must have been fully aware and convinced that we desire to be together but his only constraint is finance
Now, this is the kind of attitude we need to see. Not the "i cannot do it because i am a woman and i cannot propose to a man" mentality. . .
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: if your sense of reasoning is converted into a book, then i'm not suprised most of our politicians are living my it! First thing first, the marriage thing as in giving a ring was being imported, it wasn't even our culture. And we fuckin didn't imbibe from india, maybe ghana did. So we learned by that, that men propose. And all y'all hitting abt the world going light, well, i'm sure u won't mind if your son decided to be gay! Of course u aint gonna have a biological one, you're gay too!
Boring acidtalks. . .

[url=http://postimage.org/app.php]greenshot screen capture[/url
Re: If She Popped The Question To U, Wot Wud U Do? by KINGwax(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2012
sexkillz:
Really? That must be the most ignorant statement of the year. . . grin

Can a man be really pressured to do what he doesn't want to do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Your Relationship Status? / My luv for crazies. / Top 10 Confirm Lies Women Tell Men (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.