Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,266 members, 7,891,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? (18766 Views)

Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / How Many Packs Of Indomie HUNGRY MAN Size Can You Consume At Once? / The New Indomie (hungry Man Size) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by dapo338(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2012
When i saw "Hungry man size" on indomie pack, what came to my mind was why the Ridiculing, It is very unfair and ridiculous to say Nigerians are Hungry people. Why not Family size or sumthing else? Seriously! I really don't like that slogan "Hungry man". What do u think?

13 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2012
I saw the advert too . .

The advert is hilarious, the name is ridiculous, and we won't stop buying it bro. . Forget the context & go for the content afterall it is not a crime to be hungry.

27 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Ȋ̝̊̅† sounded harsh to me too
I ddnt trip for d name.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by holotee(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
Seriously ?!!
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by bright007(f): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
it is because d average nigerian man is hungry!

4 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na so we see am o!
Dat name 'hungry man is very funny & scary.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by TrustZee(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Its name is quite ok...but dat size can't fill ma stomach yet..lol

6 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Rocktation(f): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
What is going on these days? Is it the slogan that gets you filled? If you don't like the slogan, then don't buy na. Or because you felt that Cocacola had listened to your complaint and changed theirs, then every other product's slogan must be reviewed by the masses too?
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na wa for some people o.....they must find fault in everything sha! Is it not when some one is hungry he/she would eat I guess thats the reason for the 'hungry man' slogan grin grin grin
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by tonardo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
yea its suppose to be family pack os some tin else..
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
No be hunger dey inspire people to buy indomie? Or is it demeaning to be hungry? I think it would have been an issue if the ad had read "Poor Man"

2 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
#Yawns....hungry men!!
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sdiq: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
ABEG NA THE NAME GANGAN BE MAIN SELLING POINT

2 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Htown64(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
TrustZee: Its name is quite ok...but dat size can't fill ma stomach yet..lol
hehehe... If dat one pack is not enough 4 u then u need to seek help asap!

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by bamto(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
afam4eva: No be hunger dey inspire people to buy indomie? Or is it demeaning to be hungry? I think it would have been an issue if the ad had read "Poor Man"
On point. Even the rich get hungry. 'Hungry man' doesn't depict poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by dabrake(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
i do not fancy it. I can't imagine telling iya beji 'ma, i wan 4 hungry man pack indomie". damn

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Excelboi(m): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
"Nice" informative thread on front page...
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Infact I just saw d indomie nw very big this thread is making me know the name its call. That is too bad if they call it hungry man I knw a designated agency will address d issue
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by stupor(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I actually see now that a lot have gone missing in the creative sector since the Nigerian economy started dwindling lately.

I saw the advert too and was immediately pissed,it lacks total creative concept,though a unique selling point but with a very wrong caption.

This could reduce their goodwill but I know it would sell,onlt a few percent of its market share will be lost.

They had better changed the tag,as it holds no value-added to customers immediate propensity to consume.

There are thousands of other lovely caption e.g Jumbo pack,Family Size,Extra-Large,King-size,etc

Please indomie I still cherish your 'Mama do good' Advert,not this one at all.It sends a negative effect instead of a positive value-added.

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sirsilentwalker: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
Have you seen any noddles commercial outside the country that uses that slogan? I wonder who thought of that slogan and what made him .... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
bamto:
On point. Even the rich get hungry. 'Hungry man' doesn't depict poverty.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by folaked(f): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
Rocktation: What is going on these days? Is it the slogan that gets you filled? If you don't like the slogan, then don't buy na. Or because you felt that Cocacola had listened to your complaint and changed theirs, then every other product's slogan must be reviewed by the masses too?
abi o!, abeg tell dem o
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by omosexy1: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Rocktation: What is going on these days? Is it the slogan that gets you filled? If you don't like the slogan, then don't buy na. Or because you felt that Cocacola had listened to your complaint and changed theirs, then every other product's slogan must be reviewed by the masses too?

He is a customer and he has the right to express his opinion. A company that is sensitive to its customers' needs and objective and still wants to remain in existence would definitely listen to its customers. Please put check for Cocacola

2 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Acidosis: I saw the advert too . .

The advert is hilarious, the name is ridiculous, and we won't stop buying it bro. . Forget the context & go for the content afterall it is not a crime to be hungry.

Tomorrow. When the western media starts depicting you people as bunch of hungry people with kwashokor heads and tummies, i hope you won't come and say they are tarnishing your image and dignity right ?

3 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by dani1luv: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
so how does this actually disrupt the demand of Indomie in Nigeria?? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by freecocoa(f): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
There is nothing wrong with the slogan IMO,it just means that size if for someone who is really hungry.

Everybody gets hungry so what's the biggie?

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Hadeyeancah(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2012

grin

Na soo.....
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
Whoever thought of that "HUNGRY MAN" caption is a genius..

Hungry man like everyone who speaks pidgin knows that it simply means a hungry man.. It could also be used as a derogatory term no doubt but as a caption for Indomies Jumbo size, its definitely genuis.. I can imagine people wlaking up to a kiosk and asking for Indomie Hungryman..

Nigerians need to chill the fhcuk out.. Its a marketing gimmick. Its not like they called it 'Nigga ration'.

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't know why Nigerians arre so insecure, over-sensitive, and touchy about everything. Kai, I never see. Anyone who feels personally offended that the 'hungry man' characterisation fits him perfectly should take the frustration out on the indomie pack. Punch the hell out of it, stamp your feet on it, and then proceed to eat it raw - in true hungry man fashion! Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by slimming: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
the advert is all about food.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by graluxxy054(f): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nonsense. Ure just makin a mountain out of a mole hill. Besisdes, who doesn't no that men eat too much. My bros and male visitors are livin specimen
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by swizz01(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
TrustZee: Its name is quite ok...but dat size can't fill ma stomach yet..lol

=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D ...dt means U̶̲̥̅̊я size aint available yet..ℓ☺ℓ...

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by medjai(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
freecocoa: There is nothing wrong with the slogan IMO,it just means that size if for someone who is really hungry.

Everybody gets hungry so what's the biggie?
And the regular size is for who? Someone already filled? I mean, we all eat to get filled so whether it's the small size or the extra large size, we are all trying to quench our hunger so I don't see any reason why it should be named 'Hungry Man Size'. It's derogatory IMO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Onunu (Mashed Yam And Plantain) / How To Make Ofada Sauce In 10 Minutes / 13 Amazing Benefits Of Dates....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.