Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,646 members, 7,921,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 02:01 AM

Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? (18813 Views)

Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / How Many Packs Of Indomie HUNGRY MAN Size Can You Consume At Once? / The New Indomie (hungry Man Size) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
swizz01:

=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D ...dt means U̶̲̥̅̊я size aint available yet..ℓ☺ℓ...

lool..

That mean say na "Overdose size" ehn suppose dey chop... cheesy
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
They didn't remember that a hungry man can also turn to be an angry man! undecided
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
Some people are very stupid to call human. To some people, so that advert by indomie is good eh? After all we all feel hungry eh? Am ashamed of all these anticlockwise thinkers in Nairaland.
Tell me, how do you expect me to go inside a shop where you have many people sitting there and tell the shop owner to give me "hungry man" size? Na waoh. Some people should just think before typing.

1 Like

Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
berem: They didn't remember that a hungry man can also turn to be an angry man! undecided

And an Angry mans vexation can be calmed with a "Hungryman sachet" of his delicious tasting Indomie Noodles.. wink
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by modextus(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
I dnt rili c anytn tin wrng wit dat name..o
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by excondido(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
The ad is catchy in a homourous way of course but to brand a product a 'hungry man size' can put off customers especially branding it on the pack is the low low of advertising. better still make it an alias.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
medjai: And the regular size is for who? Someone already filled? I mean, we all eat to get filled so whether it's the small size or the extra large size, we are all trying to quench our hunger so I don't see any reason why it should be named 'Hungry Man Size'. It's derogatory IMO.
I really don't have the time to go back and forth especially over NOTHING.

If you think its derogatory then go sue the makers of indomie or better still take out the anger on yourself by slapping yourself or slamming your head against a wall and just for the record,no matter what you do,the name stays cheesy.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Eze nnaemeka: Some people are very stupid to call human. To some people, so that advert by indomie is good eh? After all we all feel hungry eh? Am ashamed of all these anticlockwise thinkers in Nairaland.
Tell me, how do you expect me to go inside a shop where you have many people sitting there and tell the shop owner to give me "hungry man" size? Na waoh. Some people should just think before typing.

Its a marketing gimmick sir..

Same way Star expects you to walk into a gathering of suits and gentlemen and ask the waiter for a bottle of "Shine Shine bobo".. Same way you are shopping in mega plaza and ask how much is "Baba Blue". Same way a child will walk to a store and ask for "Our milk"..

No biggie sir.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Clemzy16(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Personally speaking, i love indomie but when i saw the advert, i was like.. This ain't right, why "hungry man". It's like saying everybody who buys that park are hungry and food-minded people. SMH
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
Clemzy16: Personally speaking, i love indomie but when i saw the advert, i was like.. This ain't right, why "hungry man". It's like saying everybody who buys that park are hungry and food-minded people. SMH

Not really.. It just means that who ever buys the big packet of noodles instead of the regular size, must really be hungry. And last time I checked, being hungry is a natural feeling we all get daily and is not something to be ashamed of.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Phay8(f): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Wot a name*gosh* 2 absurd
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by mylunch: 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't see it as ridiculous,cause it says hungry MAN,not hungry MEN,if it had the latter,i would have said it refers to all Nigerians as hungry people.But if most consumers finds it offensive,then yes the company has consider another slogan,we are the reason they stay in business,we are the buyers of the product.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by stillme(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
dapo338: When i saw "Hungry man size" on indomie pack, what came to my mind was why the Ridiculing, It is very unfair and ridiculous to say Nigerians are Hungry people. Why not Family size or sumthing else? Seriously! I really don't like that slogan "Hungry man". What do u think?

Why must it annoy you? Truly you are a hungry man.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by punzone(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na by force to buy am?If e dey pain u,go hug atomic bomb!
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by lordZOUGA(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
we all know that it's a marketing gimmick but its a bad one... To show you it was specifically meant to be demeaning, they had other indomine products and none of them had hunger attached to the name... I mean its not as if the "Super Pack" ain't sizeable. Though it might not cause me to stop eating indomine, I might choose not to buy "hungry man" cos of the name... There is nothing "Nigerian Specific" about this issue, you jus have to hate being called a hungry man...
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by ifihearam: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
freecocoa: There is nothing wrong with the slogan IMO,it just means that size if for someone who is really hungry.

Everybody gets hungry so what's the biggie?

Anything u talk correct. Carry go
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by pembisco(m): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
Naija pple ar knw 4 their creativity! Of ol slogan,y dis 4 Gods sake?
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by legis: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
i can help wit a piece of advice, u jst tel d seller to remove it 4rm d pack nd drop it smwhre else, enjoy d noodles nd 4gt abt d branding
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by manny4life(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
At times it's not the name that matters, but the context which it was used. Hungry man pack is a lil way off track, if you had same size and you label one "Hungry man pack" and the other "jumbo size", which do you think people will patronize. That word "hungry man" will be perceived and interpreted wrongly in most people's thought. Again, this is my own, they should come up with different names because names matter during marketing.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
D name wil attract mor market/sale
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sentoms: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Some people belive indomie can't help overcome their hunger. I think that why they use d "Hungry man". Meaning no matter how big ur food tank(stomach) is, with 1 or 2, 3,4 You should be filled up.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by murtalaa(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm African, so naturally, i hate hunger and anything that depicts me as being in perpetual hunger. Therefore, i could never be caught buyin indomie "hungry man"
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sentoms: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pls how much is d hungry man pack in your area . Pls let me know to complete this. Indomiecomics. To know which of d packs is economical to consume. - 70g pack*3 = 210g hungry man pack. (#35*3=#105) #2 per gram. Hungry man pack -# ? Super pack 120g*2 =240g(#100)#2.40 per gram.
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by timilehing(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Can't wait to c it-
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by TrustZee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
swizz01:

=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D ...dt means U̶̲̥̅̊я size aint available yet..ℓ☺ℓ...

na xo na
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sanchez4eva: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fooolish and jobless nairalanders....So HUngryman size indomie pack is your problem...Every minute a Nigerian somewhere is buying indomie and their money is piling up but you are here worried about τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ name? Y nt tell τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ car manufacturers to stop making cars because u dont like τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ name baby boy or end of discussion? It is a brand name you foool...A very hungry man wld ask for hungryman size....simple...If u are not hungry go under any indomie billboard advert and drink stew...Jobless retarded poster
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by sammade: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
dapo338: When i saw "Hungry man size" on indomie pack, what came to my mind was why the Ridiculing, It is very unfair and ridiculous to say Nigerians are Hungry people. Why not Family size or sumthing else? Seriously! I really don't like that slogan "Hungry man". What do u think?

i must say some people are very senseless.aw does hungry man pack mean that nigerians are hungry! i must say,this is a product of a paranoid thoughts of an individual
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by Jarus(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
It's in order IMO
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by quest003: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Indomie Giant pack could ve been just perfect, i really dont knw ow big it is though, beta still they shldnt ve branded, we wld ve probably branded it orobo jst like pepsi. But i hope "hungry man" aint inscribed on the pack? Dat wldnt be 2 gud
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by niyicollins(m): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
mega pack seems good to me....
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by elari(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
IMO. If u dont like the hungry man name on it, y don't u just buy the other ones and lets their tag remain huh?
Re: Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? by ayurdavid: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
I dont think there‘s any big deal about the name. It‘s not intended to portray the country negatively i believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Onunu (Mashed Yam And Plantain) / What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics) / 91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.