Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? (7334 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? / Confusion About What To Do In A Relationship. Should I Propose Or End It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by mojmicky(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
shocked to be sincere its not advisable to trust ur girl or guy 100%, one has to be realistic,40% trust is ok in a relationship. so you dont end up with an heart failure incase theres a Bleep up
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by MP007(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
u can't be 100% , there is no way.Trust in terms of commitment(yes) but in terms of finances and "woman trouble" , u have gotta be smart,
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by topkin(m): 12:07am On Dec 19, 2007
I believe TRUST is relative. It depends on the situation and the persons involved. U may trust someone wholeheartedly on certain aspects and not in some aspects. But basically it's not advisable to trust anybody 100%, even ur shadow.

Love all but trust none!!! wink
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by ruemu(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2007
d only constant thing I know in life is CHANGEs, even Human Change, so where would you put d 100% trust, even words from your partners affect trust, I will trust u with material things and live my free live, having in mind you can change, coz even d devil can use him/her LoL
put all ur trust in God almighty, he stirs the affairs of man.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by TerrySoft(m): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2007
100% Trust? YES!!
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Rogo: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2007
with 100% you are dead and buried while breathing. trust no man
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by rotimy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2007
NO, it should be 101 PERCENT.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2007
Keeping it brief,

, Yes.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by almondjoy(f): 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2007
Depends on what you are trusting the other person with.  Since human beings are not 100% perfect, why in the world are they entitled to 100% trust?  Don't even trust myself 99.99999% of the time not to talk of another person.  Don't care who it is!  No one was created perfect. How naive!  Like I was born yesterday or something.  You cannot even keep $1 with your neighbour or partner without wahala.  Divorce is 50% world wide and you are talking about trust? undecided keep dreaming, when you wake up, look around you.

Oh please get real.  DO YOU TRUST YOURSELF?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by MP007(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2007
Siena:

Keeping it brief,

, Yes.

u are whipped,
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by spaceworld: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2007
i can only trust my GOD 100% not a human being like me
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by JeSoul(f): 11:25pm On Dec 19, 2007
@For those who trust God 100% but not their significant others

You should not be with someone you don't trust 100%! why are you wasting your time and hers/his?
I trust my hubby 1000% - that's the meaning of a RELATIONSHIP! Does this mean they will not mess up and make mistakes and hurt you sometimes? no. Human always make mistakes, part of life. But trust in any meaningful relationship should be 100% - ideally.

But it appears that's not the case for most of you and that's too bad - you prob need to dump that relationship.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by GMG(m): 12:06am On Dec 20, 2007
Never try it at all.

I did it once and I was wonded and still living with the scars till now.
ONLY take people for who they said they are but don`t trust them. In relationship or business never trust anyone. I will say 0% trust for the first 3 months in a relationship and gradually increase it but not more than 40% until marriage if possible and not to exceed 50%, 2 years after marriage. It is now up to you to increase it to 70% when you are both old,

But not 100% at all,
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2007
JeSoul:

@For those who trust God 100% but not their significant others

You should not be with someone you don't trust 100%! why are you wasting your time and hers/his?
I trust my hubby 1000% - that's the meaning of a RELATIONSHIP! Does this mean they will not mess up and make mistakes and hurt you sometimes? no. Human always make mistakes, part of life. But trust in any meaningful relationship should be 100% - ideally.

But it appears that's not the case for most of you and that's too bad - you prob need to dump that relationship.

My kind of woman! Bold and never afraid to trust 100%.

The only thing harder (and better) than the all-too-common cautiousness and guarded attitude we see in most relationships today, is to trust completely - 100%!
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Prince22(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2007
Love is very paramount
But what of our canal body that can be tempted?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by VAdmiral(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2007
Trust is the foundation for any good relationship. You'll always attract what you are. If you are trust worthy you'll attract trustworthy friends. There can be the odd person here and there but the de facto is always true. It up to you to choose your friends wisely and not commit to a relationship until trust has been established[b][/b]

@ Odiaseo

Oga Pele, so u are a nairalander. Where have u been? I have been trying to reach u for a long time. Hope UK is fine. Say hi to madam.
Obika.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by akdaz(m): 9:53am On Dec 20, 2007
it's good 2 trust ur partner firstly so that you can love him or her genuinely and secondly for you to have peace of mind but the truth is the bible which is the only truth says WOE to any man or woman who puts his TRUST in another MAN. so it's even a curse to trust any body 100%
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by efuah(f): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2007
akdaz:

it's good 2 trust your partner firstly so that you can love him or her genuinely and secondly for you to have peace of mind but the truth is the bible which is the only truth says WOE to any man or woman who puts his TRUST in another MAN. so it's even a curse to trust any body 100%
You are right. . . .so in this case, we can say there shd be different types of trust! You can trust ur partner on different issues. . . i think the word shd be "Believe" not trust! undecided

V/Admiral:

Trust is the foundation for any good relationship. You'll always attract what you are. If you are trust worthy you'll attract trustworthy friends. There can be the odd person here and there but the de facto is always true. It up to you to choose your friends wisely and not commit to a relationship until trust has been established[b][/b]
You r right, but this is a different trust. . . for the real TRUST, not even in ur ownself. . . abeg make i go b4 i confuse ma ownself grin tongue
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by pauloman(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2007
in as much as TRUST is the engine room of any relationship,it should never be 100%.may be from 0.5% and then you let it grow.but neva 100% that is only meant for the big GUY upstairs.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by mellow(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2007
I will not do Ladies the disrespect of mistrusting but I will likewise rather not

do myself the dishonour of trusting any. As i am so i will surely be.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by dimpules: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hello people, trust should be 100% but unfortunately we are all human and we err so it never works that way. Don't we all wish it could be like that?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by SegunTX(m): 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
"Trust in the Lord with all thy strength and lean not unto thine own understanding."

To trust my girlfriend 100% is impossible.
To trust my wife 100% is close to impossible, except after we have been married for so many years.
I think trust should grow with love which grows over time.
Only God is worthy of 100% trust.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Adeyemmy: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2007
Yes! to a resonable extent. Only just be "naked" to kip the ball rolling smiley
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by JeSoul(f): 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2007
RichyBlacK:

My kind of woman! Bold and never afraid to trust 100%.

The only thing harder (and better) than the all-too-common cautiousness and guarded attitude we see in most relationships today, is to trust completely - 100%!

grin Thank you jare, looks like you and I are in the minority. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that peace of mind and comfort from having someone you can trust 100% - aren't they always worried and wondering? what a way to have a relationship! small wonder many don't last.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by diyobdw(f): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2007
trust in relationship should be like 85% and give room for doubts and betrayal

You can tolerate or understand people but u cant b denied that they are human and are prone to temptations
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by wealthyman(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2007
every relationship that u not built on trust is bound to collapse,wats wrong with having 100% trust 4 someone u are dating it goes a long way to strengthen the souls-grip both parties.trust not love is the principal thing for if u trust him,u will always love him unconditionally
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by tunanpa: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2007
ha! 100%? 100? abi no bi 100% trust? count me out please.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by degubi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2007
(Trust In A Relationship: Should it be 100%?) At the start of a relationship it is difficult to trust the other partner because of certain inadequacies, but as the relationship progresses trust for one's partner quietly creeps in. Trust in a relationship is something that comes about because of the level of openness and sincerety of both partners, where this is absent then trust has no soil on which to grow.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by onmyown(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2007
You never walk up to someone and say hi, my name is xyz and you walk away trusting the person 100%. Trust is built over time. It is not a snapshot. It is a reel which is produced by time and space. People will deserve your trust by what they have given. I have trusted a 100% and was betrayed but that does not mean that the genuine which we all hope to bump into doesnt exist. In life we must all take risks, even the risk of loving, living, smiling, crying, laughing and trusting100%. I say all this to say that you can get to a place where you know this person is sold out to you and your course. Even if they fail, they are only human. Are we not all?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by ololakenny: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2007
if in marriage, it should be absolute. for girl-, boy friend stuff, watch ur back!
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by saucekid(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2007
it could be say. . . . . . . . . .

0.5% i no try grin grin grin grin
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by davidif: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2007
should trust be 100% in a relationship

Duuuuh what kind of question is that of course it should be. If you don't trust the person, why marry her in the first place? Funny guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Are Screenshots That %99 Of Girls Are Liars, Pretenders And Hypocrites / S*xy Photos Of Instagram Queen Who Alleged Snatched Vera Sidika’s Nigerian Love / “I Approached A Girl I Liked, And She Demanded 20k From Me To Sleep With Her”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.