Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,841 members, 7,906,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:33 AM

Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? (7333 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? / Confusion About What To Do In A Relationship. Should I Propose Or End It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by gud9ija(m): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2007
100% trust why not?
Well i advise you put that into a relationship if and only if you are sure of your parachute! Parhaps u've got the best SHOCK ABSORBER!
Guys give it a try! shocked
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Millena(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2007
There should be much trust in a relationship to get it going, but U definitely cant trust any man 100%. even the Bible says that it is better to put our trust in God than in man (Psalm 118: cool.
So, I cant trust myself to give any man/woman 100% trust. That is foolishness. Thats overtrusting em.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Elgaxton(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2007
Hmmmm

Why not? Trust her 100% as in 100% to do the wrong things and 100% to do the right things wink

That's women for u! cool
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by dremoney(m): 3:30am On Dec 26, 2007
personally,

i doubt the possibility of having an 100% trust for my wife/Gfriend n vice-versa.

sm situations byond her/my control might warrant either of us to cheat/b unfaithful, its onli logical and natural.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by dremoney(m): 3:36am On Dec 26, 2007
JeSoul:

grin Thank you jare, looks like you and I are in the minority. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that peace of mind and comfort from having someone you can trust 100% - aren't they always worried and wondering? what a way to have a relationship! small wonder many don't last.

cnt help bt laugh

wat even made ur own case worse is the location, ur possibility of loving 100% tonite,wake up d nxt morning n hate 200%

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by sholashola: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2007
I don't think 100% trust is possible. And if possible, it is definately not advisable though trust is a basis for any relationship but it can't be 100%- just God.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by jiogah(m): 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2007
1000% trust HOW? my dear it's tooo risky.but if u'r good at taking risks, no long tin.with the rate at which gals are sharp. U wan kil yr self
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by holythug(m): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2007
haba. . . o boy 20% sef too much u wan die. . . . . . wen dey slap it on ur face u now run d streets . . .
dont need to finish d statement

tongue
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by holythug(m): 6:51am On Dec 29, 2007
;d
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by bodejohn(m): 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2007
There was once a time in the singles' fellowship
of my that church this topic came up as a debate.
It was about love and trust and the one that comes first.
We should approach this with utmost sincerity and
passion as some of what we call relationships today
results in marriage tomorrow. I can't imagine what i or
anybody else should be doing in a relationship which i know
deep within myself that i can not give 100% of my trust.
What goes around comes around, if i am not ready to give
100% i cannot get 100%. As a matter of fact i cannot love
who i cannot trust 100%. It also does not take away the fact
that people change. Should we say because people pass away
in their sleep we will stop sleeping?
if i ever find myself in a relationship where my trust drops to 99%,
i will call the girl and break it up at once.
Not been able to trust our fiancee / spouse is a
sign of the dept of infidelity in our society.
It is just a cover up of our inconsistency to compare
the trust we have to God to that which we display to other people.
They are both not the same. If we cannot trust the people we see,
how much more God that we do not see.
Jesus Christ himself comfirmed this by saying how can you claim
you love a God that you have not seen when you
cannot show same love to people around you.
I have stayed on the two sides i,e being single
and now married and i can say that it is better to get
someone you can trust 100% than jumping from one
person to another in the name of i can't trust 100%.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by macgozy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2007
Trust no one!!! that's a commandment
60% trust should do 4 both parties
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by anyakarl(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2008
In any relationship except in marriage, trust shudn't be even close to 70% because we are all human beings. We could stray at anytime. 4 instance when there is a long distance between d, , anything can happen grin grinu won die
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2008
It's even impossible as a human to trust another human 100% so there is no room for discussion.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Jezzy(f): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2008
Can I trust someone a 100% in a relationship?

Yes.And if I can't,then I won't be in a relationship with him.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by royalyinx(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
According to what has happened to me before,i'd just say you should be prepared for anything anytime so its better you trust yourself than to put so much of your trust in ur partner
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Tawak: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2008
SURE
INFACT MUCH MOR DAN 100%,IF NYTIN LIK DAT EXIST
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by alineh(f): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2008
but how will it work out without trust? every person go appear to you according to how you perceive that person.all wetin you go do na to see am for your spirit eye say the person no go disappoint you,dey pray for am so that him go dey focus,because na lack of focus dey make people no dey trustworthy again.Life is spiritual you know. see the best in people and trust them to do what they SHOULD,and not what they want.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Nmeka(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2008
no, never! u shud neva giv anybody ur 100 percnt trust, it shud be okk 4 d relationship, not totally, u cud wreck urself n thaz wat drives people to commit suicide once d trusted one bleeps up, me i say no.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by keenchiori(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2008
100% trust on a mortal is far too much. Say may be 60% or, cause when you trust someone, you get tied of them quickely.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2008
So much illusion. Idealists!

Be more realistic!
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by odiaseo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2008
no, never! u should never give anybody your 100 percent trust, it should be OK 4 d relationship, not totally, u cud wreck yourself n thaz what drives people to commit suicide once d trusted one bleeps up, me i say no.

Trust should be 100% in a relationship from both parties if true love really exists. The truth about love is that you empower the person you love with the ability to hurt you the most. We cannot change that fact, it is how love works.

However in loving someone, you must give room for mistakes and errors because we are human.Only God is perfect so if our dearly loved ones goofs we should turn to God for strength and not commit suicide
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by tome1: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2008
Love and trust should go together.and i dont think there is anything like 100% trust sha because whether u like it or not there will be doubts at one point or the other.
we are humans so we are bound to have second thoughts
i love my swetheart and i trust him to do some things and not to do some but can i really measure the trust by percentage?
i dont think so and wont lie about that
one love grin grin
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by odiaseo(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
i don't think there is anything like 100% trust sha because whether u like it or not there will be doubts at one point or the other.

I suppose that why dating / courtship is important so one can disperse whatever doubts exist before committing to marriage. If both parties are in a godly relationship 100% trust can be achieved. It is possible not to have 100% trust in a relationship where they are sleeping together. In my opinion why should you trust a person 100% when God cannot trust him/her. If they can sleep together without getting married, what stops them from doing so with someone else or even in marriage.

It is the believe that you partner has the fear of God that gives one the confidence to trust 100%. You cannot be with the person all the time so you definitely don't know what the person would be up to or can do. But knowing that the person loves God and fears Him, you can trust 100%
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by wealthyman(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2008
[/quote][quote author=bodejohn link=topic=101168.msg1803314#msg1803314 date=1198928635]
There was once a time in the singles' fellowship
of my that church this topic came up as a debate.
It was about love and trust and the one that comes first.
We should approach this with utmost sincerity and
passion as some of what we call relationships today
results in marriage tomorrow. I can't imagine what i or
anybody else should be doing in a relationship which i know
deep within myself that i can not give 100% of my trust.
What goes around comes around, if i am not ready to give
100% i cannot get 100%. As a matter of fact i cannot love
who i cannot trust 100%. It also does not take away the fact
that people change. Should we say because people pass away
in their sleep we will stop sleeping?
if i ever find myself in a relationship where my trust drops to 99%,
i will call the girl and break it up at once.
Not been able to trust our fiancee / spouse is a
sign of the dept of infidelity in our society.
It is just a cover up of our inconsistency to compare
the trust we have to God to that which we display to other people.
They are both not the same. If we cannot trust the people we see,
how much more God that we do not see.
Jesus Christ himself comfirmed this by saying how can you claim
you love a God that you have not seen when you
cannot show same love to people around you.
I have stayed on the two sides i,e being single
and now married and i can say that it is better to get
someone you can trust 100% than jumping from one
person to another in the name of i can't trust 100%.

well said what more can i add.
thanx bro,all the best in ur marriage,ur marriage will be full of lafta and joy
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by vanstanzy(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2008
[b][/b]100% u want 2 giv urself a heartattack?d 1 my babe handed me is an eye opener,dat only GOD ALMIGHTY deserves our 100% trust.
She no f--k up sha!i was just very disappionted and so hurt by her action.Some level of trust is advisable though.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by bissy44(f): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2008
Actually to me it depend on both parties, if dey re faithful to each other why not but if it is d other way round it will not be possibe. my bros.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by powerblaze(m): 3:07am On Jan 11, 2008
I think you guys and some of you ladies are stating the exact reason why you don't succeed in relationships. How can two work together except they agree? Trust is in levels. You can't start at 100%, but that should be your aim, for only then can you find true peace.
We just decieve ourselves. We don't trust anyone, yet we want to be trusted. Neva works like that. cool
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by metro(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2008
powerblaze:

I think you guys and some of you ladies are stating the exact reason why you don't succeed in relationships. How can two work together except they agree? Trust is in levels. You can't start at 100%, but that should be your aim, for only then can you find through peace.
We just decieve ourselves. We don't trust anyone, yet we want to be trusted. Neva works like that. cool
i concor bro u cant get what u dont av and perfection is not attained in one day
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by GeeCee(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2008
100% trust is an illusion; it never exist. I don't even expect it from anyone.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by holythug(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
notin is 100%
but a lil ll do
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by holythug(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2008
notin is 100%
but a lil ll do
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by tulk2mi: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2008
Never trust anybody in ur life is a usual advice
Many said i trust God 100% , do u really?
If u cannot trust man whom u have seen how can u claim to trust GOD whom u have not seen
God is Love and God trust man despite man's failures
Just as many claim I love my spouse, yet u cant trust him/her a 100%.
True to type many will disappoint u dat should not stop u frm trusting. Those who do not trust r merely echoing what they r, not trust worthy "man wey dey kill person with cutlass no dey want make person take pen knife pass im back"
If u truly love somebody u can trust them a 100% just as ur kids love u n dey look up to u as there hero with wide trusting eyes. they trust u 100% but as they grow up they come to discover dat u dont even trust urself then how can they trust u.
again pple dont stop falling in love cos somebody they love broke their heart just as pple dont stop goin 2 da hospital cos somebody died there, u trust dat wen ur sick n u go there they will put in their best 2 get u beta.
So 4 all those who have been disappointed by those they trust try trusting again maybe we can change the trust no body to trust everybody untill then just be true 2 urself r u trustworthy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys,Have You Ever bleeped An Albino|Gals,Have You Ever Been Bleepd By An Albino / Have You Ever Shaved The Hairs Around Your Asshole / Male Corper Caught With His D*ck Sticking Out To Female Corper's Ass (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.