Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,162 members, 7,896,953 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? (7451 Views)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist / I Am An Atheist And An Evolutionist / Evolutionist Please Explain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:
It is because a population evolves not just the individual. In order to determine that evolution is occurring, you compare the frequency of certain alleles between different populations.

this is as absurd as a non-answer can get. Mr_Anony asked a very simple ques - If genes are passed on from one individual to another, how come "Random mutation and natural selection act at the level of the population." when the genes themselves are passed at an individual level?

Your response was - it is because population evolves not the individual? What did that even mean?

Random mutations dont occur at the population level but at the level of the individual genome... how does this then get passed unto the general population so as to affect their phenotype... and your answer is the above? Puerile.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by wiegraf: 4:14am On Aug 15, 2012
Calm down, there's enough wiegraf to go round..
oh, someone took over... anyways, taking you back

Mr_Anony:

Ok wiegraf, let's work through this...

First of all human beings are a very complex organism. Basically, a human being is a whole universe of individual cells living together and these cell all have to work in near perfect uniformity for a human being to function. A human being who doesn't feel pain will be seen as diseased. It won't be attributed to genetics. Perhaps we should make it a bit simpler by focusing more on unicellular organisms.

Now you talked about probabilities, let us put a number to it shall we? The number of atoms present in a single cell organism is estimated at 100 trillion. Now, the chance of life starting from a primordial soup means that these 100,000,000,000,000 atoms need to come together in a specific way. This puts the chance of life forming on earth at one in 100 trillion factorial (100,000,000,000,000 x 99,999,999,999,999 x 99,999,999,999,998......3 x 2 x 1). Please take a minute to consider the magnitude of that number. Just for comparism, 50 factorial is approximately 3 x 10^64 (3 with 64 zeroes following). Now even if this "probability" happened (and mind you it would have to repeat itself quite a number of times), it wouldn't still explain life.

This has little to do with evolution, this is more abiogenesis. I'm not familiar with the topic, but these guys seem pretty pissed whenever ID people bring up numbers like yours http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html . It wouldn't be too fair to use this link though as they seem to be particularly concerned with claims like the ones you make (and I actually haven't read/researched it yet smiley ), a neutral would be more acceptable. Regardless, it's got little to do evolution, and I believe there are others on NL familiar with the topic (I believe Avi for one is)

Also, like thehomer points out, lots of other things in nature work similarly. Simple + simple = complex, till you get very complex. Even atoms are made up of many particles (and if string theory is correct, the average string is supposed to be the size of tree when compared to the full size of an atom, but string theory is far from confirmed). You can imagine how many atoms make a whale? What about a mountain? What about a star? etc

The odds though I would imagine would probably still be fairly low, and I cannot see how that aids ID actually. If ID were involved, why this highly inefficient system? Also, low odds help explain the seeming paucity of intelligent life, much rarer than multi-cellular life (we've had millions of these on this planet, only 1 attained intelligence), which is also rarer than single celled life. I remember reading somewhere that the jump from single to multi-cell is very unlikely (a dawkins book, I think 'The Greatest Show on Earth', will have to clarify). There are many other options that could explain why we've not gotten any evidence of intelligent life though.

Don't forget they're hundreds of billions of stars in this galaxy, and hundreds of billions of galaxies in this universe (though ours is fairly big). So when you look at low odds...

ID designer sure is astronomically inept if we were the objective or purpose.

Edit: whether the mutation is classified as a disorder or not is irrelevent to my point. What's important is that the trait is hereditary and harmful or not up to par as far survival
is concerned. There are people born without the ability to feel pain, not sure if its hereditary though. But I'm sure of people born without the ability to sleep, and theirs is hereditary.

Mr_Anony:
Let us leave the above aside for now, let us assume that the conditions were just right (which by the way is another "probability" of it's own) so that life "miraculously" happened and we have the first living cell or groups of cells, let us also agree that these cells don't have any consciousness whatsoever and the basic characteristics of living things (movement, growth, respiration, feeding, excretion, reproduction and response to stimuli) are just chemical reactions for this cell since it doesn't have a conscious life.

The question now becomes why would the cell reproduce at all in the first place enabling it to pass it's genes on? Why would the gene want to be propagated?

I think it's already been pointed out. It didn't need a conscious reason. It's just a natural process. Rivers flow downstream. Clouds form. Stars shine, etc.

random: if you're insinuating an ID how did the ID acquire such complexity in the first place? There must have been a natural process at the beginning, and it would work like all of nature, logically, which is: simple -> complex. But the requirement of an ID is completely superfluous, not to mention illogical considering the inefficiency of the system for one.

Mr_Anony:
Let us also ignore this question and assume that reproduction is just a random chemical reaction such that the cells that don't reproduce simply die. same thing for feeding respiration e.t.c.

Another question pops up: How can an organism die if all the characteristics of it being a living thing are more or less, chemical reactions? This should point to the fact that as long as natural conditions remains the same, these chemical reactions should continue and the organism should stay 'alive' and never die or decay.

The same with the question in the op actually. Evolution didn't set out to achieve anything (or in this case, abiogenesis), it just so happens a configuration that could be termed "life" was achieved and it was not configured to last forever. We (humans) for instance have acquired the means to engineer life ourselves, rather than leave it to chance. We are now working on things like SENS with the goal of elongating our lives. We are being a hell of a lot more efficient than nature because we have a purpose. We've drawn up plans, experimented, tested etc etc and continue to do so. We now have optimistic estimates of achieving something similar to "immortality" in ~30 years. Evolution, on the other hand, has non of that. Just blind random mutations and natural selection. Living forever, or any other similar goal, is not the aim. It doesn't have one.

Why didn't an ID use an approach similar to ours?

Look up senescence for reasons for cell death though, and as already mentioned, entropy (put wear and tear to entropy as well)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence

Also, it's not impossible that species that have been "immortal" once existed and have died out. Cell lines exist which are immortal (HeLa, from humans, a cancer cell line) and even looking at complex animals Hydra's are basically immortal, or sort of, they don't die from old age. But there are debates about the nature of its immortality. Other biological life forms fit the bill too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality

Mr_Anony:
Let us not even talk about the probability of these 'mindless' organisms eventually evolving into complex animals like we have today (A human being that weighs 70kg is roughly 7 quadrillion synchronized cells).

The above are some of the logical steps we have to jump across before coming to complex organisms.

Now most animals are in such a way that they are adapted to their environment, this evolution explains is as a result of natural selection i.e. these are the animals that survived and the traits are not developed in response to the environment rather, they are developed in spite of the environment. the environment only lets some traits survive. This sounds like a good explanation until we look at it a bit more closely.

Take for instance the presence of melanin in the human skin, or the absence of tails in human beings. If evolution is really by purposeless natural selection, shouldn't a surviving trait simply continue to exist even though it we have no more use for it? After all it is not threatening our survival.

Doesn't this suggest that rather than mindless natural selection, there is a purpose that allows the animal to adapt to it's environment.

You are aware of course of lots of useless bits in life forms from their ancestors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality

If you're going to ask this, you might as well ask how are species formed, it's more or else the same thing. As time, a lot of it, passes the changes in members of a species somehow divided (be it by geography or what not) become so extreme that you get 2 or more different species. Breeding dogs from wolves in a few millenia alone show how drastic changes can be when directed with a purpose (we have hairless cats and dogs without tails). Island gigantism shows said dramatic changes without the aid of intelligent planning. While these changes are taking place, if a trait that is not critical to the species survival anymore keeps on becoming less and less of priority, other mutations will take precedence, and we can have changes as drastic as snakes not having any limbs, and far more dramatic of course.

Mr_Anony:

As for dawkins and his selfish gene theory, well that's another pot of soup on it's own.

Looking up his selfish gene theory, it has little to do with the current issue. But if it were what I thought it was, it would have. In essence, if the problem is why do most life forms seem very eager to live, procreate etc, then the answer would be because natural selection favours the 'selfish'.

Over to you good sir, and of course editing later
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Ishilove: 5:41am On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Dude, I am not thinking anything. I am asking a question that truly puzzles me as regards evolution and you are linking me to a psychology article. What has that article got to do with anything I am asking?

If genes are passed on from one individual to another, how come "Random mutation and natural selection act at the level of the population." when the genes themselves are passed at an individual level?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Ishilove: 5:56am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

worry not, every single individual who has had the opportunity to cross paths with thehomer has left with the exact same feeling. A slimy snake who really doesnt know but covers his own ignorance with hubris.
Wow shocked
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 6:59am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

worry not, every single individual who has had the opportunity to cross paths with thehomer has left with the exact same feeling. A slimy snake who really doesnt know but covers his own ignorance with hubris.

Really davidylan? Are you sure about that? Don't blame me for your ignorance and hubris.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 7:06am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

1. Many organisms arent unicellular but the VAST bulk of biomass on earth is unicellular so what was your point? Infact we can conclude that the most adaptable and most successful species on earth are unicellular organisms.

My point is that evolution isn't assessed at the level of the individual. I've already said this before.

davidylan:
2. To say we cannot tell that a single organism is evolving is just plain mad. The bulk of research showing how mutations markedly change phenotype has been done in single-celled organisms. For example, a lot of my mutation studies back in grad school was done in E. coli.

This is just naive and shows that you didn't understand the core concepts behind what you were doing. Now, was it a single E. coli cell that you were using? A single sample or a comparison among many different samples? Frankly you're just embarrassing whatever institution it was that you claim your grad school education was in.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 7:15am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

this is as absurd as a non-answer can get. Mr_Anony asked a very simple ques - If genes are passed on from one individual to another, how come "Random mutation and natural selection act at the level of the population." when the genes themselves are passed at an individual level?

I should probably have said they're assessed at the level of the population.

davidylan:
Your response was - it is because population evolves not the individual? What did that even mean?

It means what I said. The population evolves not the individual. I would recommend that you read but you'll just start whining and continue your ignorant blather. But really, for someone who claims to have studied these things, the depths of your ignorance and braggadocio is simply amazing.

davidylan:
Random mutations dont occur at the population level but at the level of the individual genome... how does this then get passed unto the general population so as to affect their phenotype... and your answer is the above? Puerile.

Think of it as being that random mutations are assessed at the level of the population. I hope you know that a random mutation doesn't necessarily affect the phenotype of an organism.

But before you go too far along Mr_Anony's questions, what is your response to this post?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2012
@wiegraf, I confess that I thought you were a little like Ptolomeus, probably using a translating program, when I first read you on my thread set up to defend Yahweh. Your posts were practically incomprehensible. But, for awhile now, I see that you can type clear English that nobody could rightly misinterpret. But your ability to become incomprehensible has again shown in your response to Mr Anony. Is it perhaps a ruse to avoid giving a clear answer? Or what? I couldn't make it through half of that "write-up", dude.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2012
@thehomer, as far as I can see, you're incredibly slippery in debate. A distinctive mark of dishonesty.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by wiegraf: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2012
Ihedinobi: @wiegraf, I confess that I thought you were a little like Ptolomeus, probably using a translating program, when I first read you on my thread set up to defend Yahweh. Your posts were practically incomprehensible. But, for awhile now, I see that you can type clear English that nobody could rightly misinterpret. But your ability to become incomprehensible has again shown in your response to Mr Anony. Is it perhaps a ruse to avoid giving a clear answer? Or what? I couldn't make it through half of that "write-up", dude.

What I said was jhhgcttyjjnbuugfrddknvyjktff

Point out the bits you don't understand

Hkivyfffuumkbigjll
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2012
wiegraf:

What I said was jhhgcttyjjnbuugfrddknvyjktff

Point out the bits you don't understand

Hkivyfffuumkbigjll

lol................see? grin
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Kay17: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

1. Many organisms arent unicellular but the VAST bulk of biomass on earth is unicellular so what was your point? Infact we can conclude that the most adaptable and most successful species on earth are unicellular organisms.

2. To say we cannot tell that a single organism is evolving is just plain mad. The bulk of research showing how mutations markedly change phenotype has been done in single-celled organisms. For example, a lot of my mutation studies back in grad school was done in E. coli.

I thought you said Science wasn't empirical? If so, why bother confirming with observations??
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2012
Kay 17:

I thought you said Science wasn't empirical? If so, why bother confirming with observations??

Nna na wa o. Wey him talk like dat?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2012
davidylan:

the sun appeared by random chance and those seeds just appeared out of nowhere? So sand exists because that is what it always does? Somehow this chance has ONLY found expression on this tiny portion of the universe?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2012
wiegraf: Calm down, there's enough wiegraf to go round..
oh, someone took over... anyways, taking you back

This has little to do with evolution, this is more abiogenesis. I'm not familiar with the topic, but these guys seem pretty pissed whenever ID people bring up numbers like yours http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html . It wouldn't be too fair to use this link though as they seem to be particularly concerned with claims like the ones you make (and I actually haven't read/researched it yet smiley ), a neutral would be more acceptable. Regardless, it's got little to do evolution, and I believe there are others on NL familiar with the topic (I believe Avi for one is)

Also, like thehomer points out, lots of other things in nature work similarly. Simple + simple = complex, till you get very complex. Even atoms are made up of many particles (and if string theory is correct, the average string is supposed to be the size of tree when compared to the full size of an atom, but string theory is far from confirmed). You can imagine how many atoms make a whale? What about a mountain? What about a star? etc

The odds though I would imagine would probably still be fairly low, and I cannot see how that aids ID actually. If ID were involved, why this highly inefficient system? Also, low odds help explain the seeming paucity of intelligent life, much rarer than multi-cellular life (we've had millions of these on this planet, only 1 attained intelligence), which is also rarer than single celled life. I remember reading somewhere that the jump from single to multi-cell is very unlikely (a dawkins book, I think 'The Greatest Show on Earth', will have to clarify). There are many other options that could explain why we've not gotten any evidence of intelligent life though.

Don't forget they're hundreds of billions of stars in this galaxy, and hundreds of billions of galaxies in this universe (though ours is fairly big). So when you look at low odds...

ID designer sure is astronomically inept if we were the objective or purpose.

Edit: whether the mutation is classified as a disorder or not is irrelevent to my point. What's important is that the trait is hereditary and harmful or not up to par as far survival
is concerned. There are people born without the ability to feel pain, not sure if its hereditary though. But I'm sure of people born without the ability to sleep, and theirs is hereditary.

I think it's already been pointed out. It didn't need a conscious reason. It's just a natural process. Rivers flow downstream. Clouds form. Stars shine, etc.

random: if you're insinuating an ID how did the ID acquire such complexity in the first place? There must have been a natural process at the beginning, and it would work like all of nature, logically, which is: simple -> complex. But the requirement of an ID is completely superfluous, not to mention illogical considering the inefficiency of the system for one.

The same with the question in the op actually. Evolution didn't set out to achieve anything (or in this case, abiogenesis), it just so happens a configuration that could be termed "life" was achieved and it was not configured to last forever. We (humans) for instance have acquired the means to engineer life ourselves, rather than leave it to chance. We are now working on things like SENS with the goal of elongating our lives. We are being a hell of a lot more efficient than nature because we have a purpose. We've drawn up plans, experimented, tested etc etc and continue to do so. We now have optimistic estimates of achieving something similar to "immortality" in ~30 years. Evolution, on the other hand, has non of that. Just blind random mutations and natural selection. Living forever, or any other similar goal, is not the aim. It doesn't have one.

Why didn't an ID use an approach similar to ours?

Look up senescence for reasons for cell death though, and as already mentioned, entropy (put wear and tear to entropy as well)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senescence

Also, it's not impossible that species that have been "immortal" once existed and have died out. Cell lines exist which are immortal (HeLa, from humans, a cancer cell line) and even looking at complex animals Hydra's are basically immortal, or sort of, they don't die from old age. But there are debates about the nature of its immortality. Other biological life forms fit the bill too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality

You are aware of course of lots of useless bits in life forms from their ancestors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality

If you're going to ask this, you might as well ask how are species formed, it's more or else the same thing. As time, a lot of it, passes the changes in members of a species somehow divided (be it by geography or what not) become so extreme that you get 2 or more different species. Breeding dogs from wolves in a few millenia alone show how drastic changes can be when directed with a purpose (we have hairless cats and dogs without tails). Island gigantism shows said dramatic changes without the aid of intelligent planning. While these changes are taking place, if a trait that is not critical to the species survival anymore keeps on becoming less and less of priority, other mutations will take precedence, and we can have changes as drastic as snakes not having any limbs, and far more dramatic of course.

Looking up his selfish gene theory, it has little to do with the current issue. But if it were what I thought it was, it would have. In essence, if the problem is why do most life forms seem very eager to live, procreate etc, then the answer would be because natural selection favours the 'selfish'.

Over to you good sir, and of course editing later
I'll be right back, give me some time to digest your argument
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:

Really davidylan? Are you sure about that? Don't blame me for your ignorance and hubris.

dude
Actually Since you joined this thread i 've not red any logical post from you.

Can you pls improve the situation?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by wiegraf: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I'll be right back, give me some time to digest your argument

Take your time bossu, it may help us achieve/maintain quality in the discussion
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by KiKatanga: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Now you talked about probabilities, let us put a number to it shall we? The number of atoms present in a single cell organism is estimated at 100 trillion. Now, the chance of life starting from a primordial soup means that these 100,000,000,000,000 atoms need to come together in a specific way. This puts the chance of life forming on earth at one in 100 trillion factorial (100,000,000,000,000 x 99,999,999,999,999 x 99,999,999,999,998......3 x 2 x 1). Please take a minute to consider the magnitude of that number. Just for comparism, 50 factorial is approximately 3 x 10^64 (3 with 64 zeroes following). Now even if this "probability" happened (and mind you it would have to repeat itself quite a number of times), it wouldn't still explain life.

Just to point out a couple of issues with the application of mathematical probability to the problem of life on Earth or abiogenesis --
1) However remote the probability of life occurring anywhere, the probability of life occurring where that probability is being considered is 1, i.e. if we weren't alive to think about life, it wouldn't be being thought about.

2) As is evident from the consistent discussions of cellular biology, all life on earth is from a common source i.e. Plants/Humans/Fish all share the same fundamental cellular biology, so life only needed to start once, but would then "take on a life of its own" so to speak.

3) Nothing presupposes that life even started on earth. This planet, like all others is subject to constant bombardment from outer space, receiving 15Gg of material each year. On that basis not only might life on earth only have started once, but life in the Universe may have started only once.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Ishilove: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ihedinobi: @thehomer, as far as I can see, you're incredibly slippery in debate. A distinctive mark of dishonesty.
Au contraire; it shows he is very very smart
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ishilove:
Au contraire; it shows he is very very smart

You're kidding, right? I've played ball with this guy before. Displaying a far more honest level of this "smartness" earned me a reputation of dishonesty on that same thread. Wiliness isn't smartness in any day or age. It's just plain dishonesty.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Kay 17:

you're either very dumb or quite dishonest. I never said science wasnt empirical... that is too broad a brush. Evolution in particular has no empirical evidence... that is the issue. I get tired of this mental gymnastics these ignorant dolts constantly employ.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You're kidding, right? I've played ball with this guy before. Displaying a far more honest level of this "smartness" earned me a reputation of dishonesty on that same thread. Wiliness isn't smartness in any day or age. It's just plain dishonesty.
Haha! Wiliness,yeah that's the word I was looking for. Sorta like Wile .E. Coyote grin
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:
It means what I said. The population evolves not the individual. I would recommend that you read but you'll just start whining and continue your ignorant blather. But really, for someone who claims to have studied these things, the depths of your ignorance and braggadocio is simply amazing.

you keep saying the same nonsense and then covering it with insulting bluster. The genomic mutations that are required for clear phenotypic changes occurs FIRST at the level of the individual organism no? It takes one individual to change and then pass on that change to his/her offspring no? As long as the change in that individual is beneficial then the mutation is sustained over a larger proportion of the population no?

A very simple experiment to show this was what we used to perform routinely in the lab 2-3 yrs ago...

When you initially perform a stable transfection (lentivirus as your best option)... typically most of your cell population dies off (lipofectamine or using nucleofection methods are notorious for killing over 70% of ur cells). Most times you really dont need more than 1-2 cells to stably transfect. An easy way to select for your transfected cells is to use a resistance gene marker stably inserted into your plasmid. Treating your cells with the antibiotic that the resistance gene is expected to confer resistance for then kills off your untransfected cells.
All you need do after that is culture your tiny cells left for weeks to rapidly divide (2-4 weeks is ideal) until you have a new cell population that now carries your selective gene marker stably recombined in the genome.

While we see the phenotypic changes that were confered by the transfected plasmid... it took barely 2-10 cells (if your technique is very successful) that took up your plasmid to incorporate the genome change and then spawn a new generation/population of cells carrying that selective marker.

So mr thehomer... it is frankly stupid to say that random mutations that spawn changes in the phenotype do NOT occur at the level of the individual but at the level of the population. Frankly most of you are ignorant dolts just taking up space here. Please dont quit your day job.

Sigh. This dishonest slippery eel is at it again.

thehomer:
Think of it as being that random mutations are assessed at the level of the population. I hope you know that a random mutation doesn't necessarily affect the phenotype of an organism.

But before you go too far along Mr_Anony's questions, what is your response to this post?

We already know that. your point being?
Dont those random mutations start at the level of one organism? Or is it your claim that those mutations occur randomly in a large portion of the population AT ONCE? you do know that is daft right? Considering many of you fools have never even performed a simple mutation experiment in your lives... it is amazing to read your ignorant nonsense...
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:

pah.
Me
debosky
ihedinobi
frosbel
enigma...

just a few of those who have become disgusted at your slimy, dishonest style. You notice most folks here dont even bother to respond to your posts. I will refrain from doing so as well.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Enigma(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^ He is unquestionably the most sly and dishonest of the evangelical atheists.

There are some of them who make up for poor argument with rudeness and obnoxiousness.

There are one or two (only one currently active IIRC) fairly intellectually honest.

Then you have the ranters who regard unthinking, ill-thought or even outright senseless rants as "logic and reason".

cool
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ He is unquestionably the most sly and dishonest of the evangelical atheists.

There are some of them who make up for poor argument with rudeness and obnoxiousness.

There are one or two (only one currently active IIRC) fairly intellectually honest.

Then you have the ranters who regard unthinking, ill-thought or even outright senseless rants as "logic and reason".

cool

interesting that both you and ihedinobi made the same observation on this same thread. I ran into another thread earlier where debosky made the same exact comment.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by UyiIredia(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:
Nature selecting certain individuals is a response to the environment.

This should be the second time I'm telling you that Nature can't select. Nature is a classification of things, saying it (Nature) can select is a reification fallacy.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by UyiIredia(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Kay 17:

ID doesn't explain why viruses flourish and mutate to be more deadly.

ID doesn't explain how organisms readapt to climate changes

ID doesn't explain the complexity of the Originator

ID doesn't explain general purpose of Life.

Neither does evolution.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ihedinobi: @thehomer, as far as I can see, you're incredibly slippery in debate. A distinctive mark of dishonesty.

Like other Nairaland Christians, you seem to enjoy making accusations without evidence. When asked to present your evidence, you'll shy away from it. To demonstrate, why don't you present your evidence of my slipperiness using quotes I've made on this thread?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
truthislight:

dude
Actually Since you joined this thread i 've not red any logical post from you.

Can you pls improve the situation?

Don't blame me for your failure of understanding. To back up your statement, why don't you post three of my quotes and explain to me why you don't think they're logical.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:

Like other Nairaland Christians, you seem to enjoy making accusations without evidence. When asked to present your evidence, you'll shy away from it. To demonstrate, why don't you present your evidence of my slipperiness using quotes I've made on this thread?

Lets call a spade a spade... this same accusation has NEVER been levelled against cyrexx or mazaje (actually one of the few atheists with loads of respect from christians), KAG e.t.c. Its been specifically levied at you for concrete reasons. If it was coming from just ihedinobi then i would have understood your nauseating claims of "accusations without evidence". However at least 5-6 people have made the same observations about you and many with reasons... perhaps you shld spend more time taking a look at your self.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
thehomer:

Don't blame me for your failure of understanding. To back up your statement, why don't you post three of my quotes and explain to me why you don't think they're logical.

i did above with examples... take a look at it. Many of us happen to have the same conclusion about you as well. Uyi Iredia also took 2 of your posts here to task... care to address them too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 / Musings As An Agnostic Deist / God's Wrath Is Coming. Beware! Beware! Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.