Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,151 members, 7,896,905 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:56 AM

Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? (7450 Views)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist / I Am An Atheist And An Evolutionist / Evolutionist Please Explain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
@davidylan,don't tell me that you didn't here about 'dr aubrey de grey' who said that ageing is nothing more than a disease and he proved it by reversing the aging process in mice by extending the length of their telomerase through DNA MANIPULATION?................and if you have heard this before then why all the foolish questions?..................and if you haven't isn't it not proof that creationists are idiots?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
it has even been proven that any man who eats carrots long enough will end up with orange skin due to the orange pigment found in carrots!!!...............but i trust the foolish creationists to tell us stories from the outdated book of genesis that is riddled with lies and absurdities, too numerous to mention!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Niflheim: it has even been proven that any man who eats carrots long enough will end up with orange skin due to the orange pigment found in carrots!!!...............but i trust the foolish creationists to tell us stories from the outdated book of genesis that is riddled with lies and absurdities, too numerous to mention!!!
Interesting! Now I'm really interested in seeing this "proof". Would you please be so kind as to provide it for us.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
creationists should tell us the colour of a chameleon?and tell us why it changes colour and what is the criteria for it's changing to a particular colour?........what specific colour did your god create for 'mr rainbow lizard'?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
the ermine(it looks like a weasel) is brown in summer,only to become white in winter.also the ptarmigan,a greyish black bird becomes white in winter(remember that snow is white and falls during the winter).............CREATIONISTS,DID YOUR GOD COME DOWN FROM THE SKY WITH A BUCKET OF WHITE PAINT TO PERFORM THIS MIRACLE EVERY DECEMBER?................WHY DO YOU GUYS(CREATIONISTS) FIND IT SO HARD TO THINK?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
what happens when a very white man begins to eat silver dust(mono atomic silver)?simple,his skin becomes BLUE!!!beginning with his veins and then his skin!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
who was that foolish creationist talking about how the sun powers life on earth?didn't he ever hear of mushrooms that grow in the dark?and how a us army colonel discovered how to turn fungi into biodiesel?.................this is the big disadvantage of reading too much bible.you end up becoming a fool for all seasons!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Niflheim you are a very funny guy, you just show up have a bit of a rant and then disappear. I'll still love to see that proof of the carrot-eating-orange-man.
Or perhaps you are more interested in ranting than actually saying something of real worth?

...Is your ranting exercise some form of therapy by the way?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
@mr anony,although we have online medical journals and google,it is only a christian who will ask for proof of such an old medical discovery........you are a black african due to all that melanin(dark pigment) in your system, but you still need me to tell you what will happen if the dark pigment is replaced by an excessive amount of the orange one right?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by mkmyers45(m): 12:06am On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Niflheim you are a very funny guy, you just show up have a bit of a rant and then disappear. I'll still love to see that proof of the carrot-eating-orange-man.
Or perhaps you are more interested in ranting than actually saying something of real worth?

...Is your ranting exercise some form of therapy by the way?
Mr Anony he's right..Kindly google it..im mobile so i cant post links
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 12:07am On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: @mr anony,although we have online medical journals and google,it is only a christian who will ask for proof of such an old medical discovery........you are a black african due to all that melanin(dark pigment) in your system, but you still need me to tell you what will happen if the dark pigment is replaced by an excessive amount of the orange one right?
According to you, if I eat enough carrots, I will turn orange. You claim it has been "proven". I have only asked you to provide this "proof". That shouldn't be so hard should it? Or is my dark colored skin a consequence of all the [i]amala [/i]I have been eating?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2012
mkmyers45: Mr Anony he's right..Kindly google it..im mobile so i cant post links
even though I don't believe him, I haven't said he's wrong. I want him to provide his source. Asking me to google it just won't do I'm afraid. I refuse to do his research for him.Perhaps you may want to help him.

If it turns out to be true, I won't sweat it.....but he must tell us exactly how he knows this
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by mkmyers45(m): 12:25am On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
even though I don't believe him, I haven't said he's wrong. I want him to provide his source. Asking me to google it just won't do I'm afraid. I refuse to do his research for him.Perhaps you may want to help him.

If it turns out to be true, I won't sweat it.....but he must tell us exactly how he knows this
Not holding fort for him..just something ive known for a while
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by plaetton: 3:33am On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
According to you, if I eat enough carrots, I will turn orange. You claim it has been "proven". I have only asked you to provide this "proof". That shouldn't be so hard should it? Or is my dark colored skin a consequence of all the [i]amala [/i]I have been eating?

With all due respect, this habit of asking people to provide proof for things that are common knowledge is somewhat childish, for want of a better word.

If you will not google it, then exactly what type of proof do you need? Do you expect him to show up at your house with an orange man or to repeat the experiment in front of you? Do your own research, educate yourself on the relevant subject matter and stop this "show me proof of this and that". It sounds like one is debating with a village palm wine taper. lol.

Non-religious people usually state things that are obvious and verifiable. We do not have holy spirit and scriptural reasoning to show us imaginary things.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 3:37am On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Here you go. I hope you'll also be willing to present your evidence when you're asked for it.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 6:23am On Aug 22, 2012
plaetton:

With all due respect, this habit of asking people to provide proof for things that are common knowledge is somewhat childish, for want of a better word.

If you will not google it, then exactly what type of proof do you need? Do you expect him to show up at your house with an orange man or to repeat the experiment in front of you? Do your own research, educate yourself on the relevant subject matter and stop this "show me proof of this and that". It sounds like one is debating with a village palm wine taper. lol.

Non-religious people usually state things that are obvious and verifiable. We do not have holy spirit and scriptural reasoning to show us imaginary things.
Oh bug off. It is equally childish when you ask for proof of something which to me is common knowledge. Saying "google it" is a very lazy way of making a point.

thehomer:

Here you go. I hope you'll also be willing to present your evidence when you're asked for it.
Oh thanks thehomer, I have learnt something new. But you do realize that carotenemia is a medical condition and not an evolutionary step as Niflheim sees to imply.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 6:52am On Aug 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

. . . .

Oh thanks thehomer, I have learnt something new. But you do realize that carotenemia is a medical condition and not an evolutionary step as Niflheim sees to imply.

I don't think he implied it was an evolutionary step.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 6:54am On Aug 22, 2012
thehomer:

I am quite sure he did ..............but it doesn't matter anymore now
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2012
thehomer:

yes he did
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2012
thehomer:

I thought the thread was life span/death

so, if one keeps taking in carotene (s)he will not die Again? (i Will take that as an explanation for the thread) at last life span has been explain.

thanks for the link, it fixes our life span/death issues.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2012
please forgive me for deviating from the main topic,but i want you guys to read up on the METHUSELAH FOUNDATION which made a mouse live for 5 and a half years even though their average life span is 2 years.they know that aging is a disease but due to 'christian hypocritical ethics',they have not been able to experiment on humans!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by mish1010: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2012
hello Nigerian here is a new company willing to pay you 100 usd to become there member and they also pay you 25 usd on becoming there member register now with this link http://www.virtapay.com/r/mish100
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2012
the foundation is strictly dedicated to 'life extension'.so much progress can be made,but christian lobby groups are the ones making noise about 'unethical this' and 'unethical that',only to come back and ask us to prove that man can extend his own life if he really wanted to!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: please forgive me for deviating from the main topic,but i want you guys to read up on the METHUSELAH FOUNDATION which made a mouse live for 5 and a half years even though their average life span is 2 years.they know that aging is a disease but due to 'christian hypocritical ethics',they have not been able to experiment on humans!!!
Perhaps you should just volunteer yourself to be experimented upon instead of mouthing off against Christianity. If it is really something good and worth doing, then "christianity" shouldn't stand in it's way. Coming to NL to shout against christianity isn't adding a second to anyone's life.
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: the foundation is strictly dedicated to 'life extension'.so much progress can be made,but christian lobby groups are the ones making noise about 'unethical this' and 'unethical that',only to come back and ask us to prove that man can extend his own life if he really wanted to!!!
What stops the foundation from setting up shop in non-christian countries like China, Japan, Denmark etc?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by Niflheim(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2012
my last and final contribution focuses on the works of j.c. Venter who created synthetic life forms by injecting carbon producing bacteria into algae cells to produce algae that releases carbon instead of oxygen,and can be used as a more efficient biofuel................ALGAE THAT PRODUCES CARBON INSTEAD OF ABSORBING IT?...............THINK OF ALL THE OTHER NUMEROUS POSSIBILITIES............THANK GOD(OR IS IT SATAN) THAT I AM NOT A FOOLISH CHRISTIAN!!!
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by MrAnony1(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: my last and final contribution focuses on the works of j.c. Venter who created synthetic life forms by injecting carbon producing bacteria into algae cells to produce algae that releases carbon instead of oxygen,and can be used as a more efficient biofuel................ALGAE THAT PRODUCES CARBON INSTEAD OF ABSORBING IT?...............THINK OF ALL THE OTHER NUMEROUS POSSIBILITIES............THANK GOD(OR IS IT SATAN) THAT I AM NOT A FOOLISH CHRISTIAN!!!
lol
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: please forgive me for deviating from the main topic,but i want you guys to read up on the METHUSELAH FOUNDATION which made a mouse live for 5 and a half years even though their average life span is 2 years.they know that aging is a disease but due to 'christian hypocritical ethics',they have not been able to experiment on humans!!!

ok, agreed, the mice then lived ever and ever here

So, let them keep it up, Thats cool.

Man will then live ever and ever here, not hereafter.

That wont Be a bad thing, it will only turn me to an atheist.

Or, is that a bad thing? grin

ok, agreed, the mice then lived ever and ever here

So, let them keep it up, Thats cool.

Man will then live ever and ever here, not hereafter.

That wont Be a bad thing, it will only turn me to an atheist.

Or, is that a bad thing?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by truthislight: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
Niflheim: my last and final contribution focuses on the works of j.c. Venter who created synthetic life forms by injecting carbon producing bacteria into algae cells to produce algae that releases carbon instead of oxygen,and can be used as a more efficient biofuel................ALGAE THAT PRODUCES CARBON INSTEAD OF ABSORBING IT?...............THINK OF ALL THE OTHER NUMEROUS POSSIBILITIES............THANK GOD(OR IS IT SATAN) THAT I AM NOT A FOOLISH CHRISTIAN!!!

yea, great guy,

algae that he created

Are we saying that man has not made archivement?
Re: Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? by thehomer: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
truthislight:

I thought the thread was life span/death

so, if one keeps taking in carotene (s)he will not die Again? (i Will take that as an explanation for the thread) at last life span has been explain.

thanks for the link, it fixes our life span/death issues.

I was answering a specific question.

When you're ready, you can respond to the post below.

thehomer:

I don't understand what you're rambling about.

Please can you clearly state your objection in about three to five lines clearly? What I can say about your post is that living things die so humans dieing after a while doesn't affect the theory of evolution. If you think it does, you're doing a bad job in expressing this problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hellfire Does Not Exist! / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 / Musings As An Agnostic Deist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.