Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,434 members, 7,971,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:09 PM

Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? (38277 Views)

Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media / Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Rocktation:

My thoughts are that she'd do whatever makes her fell good, yesss! Men will be men even when a woman sheaths herself in potato sacks!!!!!

Does her husbands feelings have any value in all of this?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Truckpusher(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
queensmith: My mother was asking me what exactly my problem with Nigerian men is, I responded with 'even if he is the nicest guy, he seems perfect, handles all his issues right, is open, is honest blah blah- there isn't a day he won't come out with bulshit that will make me divorce him in a split second'

This topic is a prime example- the op may be the most innocent, polite nicest man or whatever, but his mentality and his views are 1st world sickening. Does marriage=bondage?

is putting your photos on a website simply a means to attract attention? You never heard of sharing? I guess you also believe your wife shouldnt have male or unmarried friends and if they are they should be ugly and or crippled.

Nigerian men are inherently insecure, the insecurity is translated into all sorts of nonsense standards to be upheld. Its nothing but hogwash and bulsh*t
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF AND ENJOY YOUR NEW FOUND FREEDOM.

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yipeeeeee!!! He's gotten his wish. . .the thread is now on the frontpage!!

Now my Uncle mi can sit back. . .All is well in His world!

How do you like 'em apples! cool

maclatunji:

Thank you, you have hit the crux of the matter. This thread started-out as a question, until our women jumped-out for the Jugular. In that case, I am just dishing-it out to them.

What freaking crux of what matter??

Lmao!! Who do you think you are dealing with here. . .children?

This is your initial post, no?

Who is she trying to impress? I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?

So how does it align with what Coogar wrote that you are now touting his post as the crux of your matter!!

Please! Please! Please go back to the drawing board and Pleeeeeeeeeeeease do try to come up with sensible this time.

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
iragbijile:

I was gonna get a new bullshittometer, but whats the point? No matter how big or better designed the new bulsshittometer is, Maclatunji will find a way to break it. He is that awesome
Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
@Op same thing should go for married men then, because only God knows how many married men i have seen on facebook. This double standard B.S has to stop, with what women cannot do and what men can do.

3 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by coogar: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Thank you, you have hit the crux of the matter. This thread started-out as a question, until our women jumped-out for the Jugular. In that case, I am just dishing-it out to them.

married women can be insecure as well - they know there are younger chics out there who would scheme ways to get into their husbands' knickers thus they go all out on social media to prove there's life in the old dog yet....

besides, indecency is subjective. what you see as indecency might not be indecent to your next door neighbour. the only individual with the right to fuss/cuss is the husband of the woman you are discussing. if he's satisfied, you should be satisfied!

stop trying to save the world.....

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by chii8(f): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

Doors that should be closed undecided

As in married women don't deserve to be complimented on their looks undecided

You make marriage sound like the end of the world. For most women, it's only the beginning.

Take me for example, I'm not really the make-up or dressing-up type. But ever since I got married, my husband insists I dress sexy, make up, wear flasy colours e.t.c! Of course I get more compliments now than I did in my single days. Does that mean I'm fishing for these compliments undecided

As for posting pictures on the internet, I beleive people should be free to express themselves anyhow they want, with or without being married. As far as it doesn't exceed decent boundaries, there's no need to limit a woman in the the name of marriage. Simple!
my dear,pple v made African marriage looks so scary,jst cos of their stewpid African ideology,postn ur pix on d internet depends on d type of hubby u v,cos my hubby post my pixs on net himself n dat he doesnt stop me 4rm doing otherwise

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by debosky(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
coogar:
stop trying to save the world.....

Symptom #4 of messianic hallucinations - the subject has an insatiable need to save the world. grin

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Truckpusher(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Are you done or is there more to come?
NEXT!!!
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by benjamin99: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
where are u
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

I don't disagree with this, emphasis on married [/b]woman here.

[b]Who is she trying to impress?
I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?

Pffft.

Men hit on me even I am wearing baggy pants and no make up with a big t-shirt.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by coogar: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
debosky:

Symptom #4 of messianic hallucinations - the subject has an insatiable need to save the world. grin

mac is humanitarian!
he's on a mission to stop adultery in nigerian marriages......what the fuck!!!

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
debosky:

lol. Hiro Nikorama (Sisikill, abeg help me with the correct name) grin

btw, I actually recommended the topic for home page.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: @Op same thing should go for married men then, because only God knows how many married men i have seen on facebook. This double standard B.S has to stop, with what women cannot do and what men can do.

I agree that the same should apply to men too. You never asked my opinion, you just concluded.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
coogar:

bringing chesticles out on a public transport? isn't that a sorta indecent exposure?
gambia must be one helluva place to be then....

some men are wired that way - the huge dark ring around the nipples of feeding mothers stir their hormones - lol

You hardly see anything of the nipples when the baby is eating..
And no, that is not exposure. Its feeding a baby. Youre not flashing anyone, you are FEEDING A BABY.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by scribble: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
the OPs views does not represent the views of all men anywhere/everywhere

maybe he has insecurity issues

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by coogar: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

You hardly see anything of the nipples when the baby is eating..
And no, that is not exposure. Its feeding a baby. Youre not flashing anyone, you are FEEDING A BABY.

do i get to see anything when the baby stops eating? grin cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Pffft.

Men hit on me even I am wearing baggy pants and no make up with a big t-shirt.

Imagine what they could do when you wear less?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
coogar:

do i get to see anything when the baby stops eating? grin cheesy

Hah, maybe for 2-5seconds if you`re lucky.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Imagine what they could do when you wear less?

I wear less many times. Not too much difference in how many people approach me or not.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Yipeeeeee!!! He's gotten his wish. . .the thread is now on the frontpage!!

Now my Uncle mi can sit back. . .All is well in His world!

How do you like 'em apples! cool

What freaking crux of what matter??

Lmao!! Who do you think you are dealing with here. . .children?

This is your initial post, no?

So how does it align with what Coogar wrote that you are now touting his post as the crux of your matter!!

Please! Please! Please go back to the drawing board and Pleeeeeeeeeeeease do try to come up with sensible this time.

You see what you want to see.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by hardbody: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

This is one of the reasons I started this thread. I want to know if married woman consciously prevent themselves from posting photos that for all intent and purposes may be deemed "sexy". The reason I ask is they would then get comments like, "looking good", "fine girl", "fine mama", "looking cute and sexy". It does make me wonder if a married woman should be doing such? Personally, I believe it opens doors that should be closed especially as a married woman.

If it is a single lady, you could probably say she is being exuberant, seeking attention, looking for a husband etc. But for a married woman, these things shouldn't apply or come into play at all.

I am sure most husbands wouldn't appreciate such.

@ Poster

Since you already have an opinion, nay, a firm view of your position, need i say more? Just asking

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

I wear less many times. Not too much difference in how many people approach me or not.

But there's a difference which could be because of any number of factors.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by JallowBah(f): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Of course. It could be the clothes, the make-up, the attitude etc.
The days I wear baggy pants O probably look more sad as well, not too happy with myself those days.
The days I dress up, they will see I am happy with myself as well, and THAT attracts attention more than anything,no matter the dress.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
scribble: the OPs views does not represent the views of all men anywhere/everywhere

maybe he has insecurity issues
Bwhahahahaha!! See sensible men quickly distancing themselves from this yeye way of thinking !! cheesy

Aya! Uncle mi, see as ya exposed yourself. . .even worse that a married on facebook embarassed

debosky:

Bwahahahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tgirl4real:

lol. Hiro Nikorama (Sisikill, abeg help me with the correct name) grin

btw, I actually recommended the topic for home page.

Okay, I was wrong when I said this thread should be deleted!! What was I thinking??!! This has gotta be one of the funniest threads on NL in awhile! cheesy cheesy

Thank you for recommending it!!

Jeeedus! No one should be having this much fun!

Abeg let's not compare him to Hiro Nakamura. . .fictional though he maybe, Hiro adds more wuloness to the world cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Of course. It could be the clothes, the make-up, the attitude etc.
The days I wear baggy pants O probably look more sad as well, not too happy with myself those days.
The days I dress up, they will see I am happy with myself as well, and THAT attracts attention more than anything,no matter the dress.

You seem up for a discussion. I assume you are married. How do you feel if and when you receive compliments from men via social media? What about those who "hit on you"? How does that make you feel?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by coogar: 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

so you think the way a woman dresses determines her promiscuity? come on - you are beginning to sound like those islamic extremists who cover up their women like ninjas. what does it stop? i have a reliable statistic that says women in hijab are hornier than the babes in bum shorts and tank tops!
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

You see what you want to see.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, I see what YOU put there!!

Don't try to change it jo!

Aya! If only you had listened to me eh? embarassed

They won't have tu yin sita like 7 day old baby (is that how they say it? cheesy )
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
coogar:

so you think the way a woman dresses determines her promiscuity? come on - you are beginning to sound like those islamic extremists who cover up their women like ninjas. what does it stop? i have a reliable statistic that says women in hijab are hornier than the babes in bum shorts and tank tops!

You said that not me. Your conclusions can as well apply to you. React to the things I type not what you imagine. Thank you.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by coogar: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Hah, maybe for 2-5 seconds if you`re lucky.

oh dear -----

maclatunji:
You said that not me. Your conclusions can as well apply to you. React to the things I type not what you imagine. Thank you.

don't get excited, fella!
you don't want a married woman to expose herself on a social medium because she might be seen as advertising her wares - it then suggests you think a woman that is well covered up is absolutely decent, isn't it?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
If everyone saw things the way I see things, this thread will not have passed Page 1. You honor this sort of threads and you fulfil the wish of the thread starter.......Making it popular and moving it to the front page.

Well done y'all.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by superior1: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Character is like smoke, it cant be hidden. woman wey wan do, go do (internet pix or not). I dont have any problem with any married woman displaying a decent picture of herself on social network.

@OP why do I have the impression your wife is a full head covering Eleha (hijab), ipade di orun (must not see man) indoor woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA / Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.